Author Topic: [IC] GMK Amethyst - Nov 11 GB - Added RAMA  (Read 66704 times)

Offline irohasu

Re: [IC] GMK Amethyst - Update 8/27
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 06:11:45 »
This really looks nice. Dark alphas ftw

Offline yui

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 08:54:27 »
tbh i am far more interested by the deskmat than the set, looks very nice with the vibrant almost pink tones of the edge
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 10:48:24 »
Kits look good for the most part :) There are still a few small tweaks that should be made:

Base kits
  • You're missing ISO alpha keys: R3 \| and R4 <>, in both base kits.
  • I would recommend getting rid of numpad 00 as it's not a very useful key, and the base kits are already fairly large.
  • I would recommend using \| instead of for the pipe key legends.

Extension kit
  • It would be nice to see two generic R3 keys added: 1u Code and 1.25u Code. There are various kinds of 40% users out there, and not all of them like to put Esc or Tab on R3. You can see relevant usage stats and their breakdown in this post. This was a survey that was conducted among ortho users. As you can see, R3 Tab is actually the least popular option, yet it's the only one that's currently included in this kit (besides Esc).
    The generic Code keys would cover for: R3 1u Ctrl, 1u Shift, 1u Caps, 1u Fn; 1.25u Ctrl, 1.25u Caps, 1.25u Fn, and more.
  • A second R4 1u Shift is missing for orthos. A generic key such as R4 1u Meta, Menu, Hack or Code would also work, and would allow you to cover bottom rows without arrows as well. So add one of those instead.
  • You can remove the accent 1.5u Enter as that size is only used by a small number of boards (Pearl, Minivan). The non-accent key is enough.
  • The kit is also missing a R4 1.75u Lock key, which is a must if you're including 1.75u Backspace and 1.5u Enter. This key also helps cover boards such as JD40/45, Dimple and Minila.
  • If I'm being honest, I'd either remove all of the accent keys or all of the non-accent ones, in order to try and keep the kit small and make room for the above additions, which are more important than accents because they expand the kit's compatibility to cover more boards.

Spacebars kit
  • 1.75u space is only used on a very small number of 40% keyboards (3–4 in total), and there are already two in the Extension kit, so this can be removed.
  • 1.25u space should be added in its place. This size is useful for several layouts, including Alice-esque ergo boards and standard split 6.25u spacebar on ≥60% boards.
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 September 2020, 10:58:11 by konstantin »

Offline wynects

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 12:10:58 »
This is a BIG YES for me, love the colorscheme!!

Thanks for supporting dude!

Congratulations on your first IC! I echo others noting the similarity with GMK Moon Dust.

Some thoughts:

• +1 to sorting out your ISO situation. You don't have enough physical ISO accompanying your ISO enter key.
  • Please take a look at GMK's novelty guide to sort out your novelties. That said, I think you'll only have problem with the teardrop stone in R1.
  • The Extras kit needs work - lumping in 40s, split bars, and accent bars produces a heavy kit that no one will really appreciate buying. You also need to figure out whether this kit will properly support your dark base - if so it needs dark split bars and dark 6u. I recommend splitting bars off from 40s in this case.

GLWIC!

Thanks for the feedback. Right now still have some small tweak on the extension kit, will update on this coming weekend.

Love the updates. Def in for the Dark Alphas kit.

Dark alphas gang  :p

I literally signed up (long time lurker otherwise) to say this GB can't come soon enough. Gorgeous.

Same, I literally bought a keycap set too for my first build and I'm already getting a 2nd one when this drops  :D

Get ready, vendors are confirmed for each region and will be announced soon.  ;)

Offline wynects

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 12:14:10 »
This really looks nice. Dark alphas ftw

Dark alphas set seems like getting more lovers

Kits look good for the most part :) There are still a few small tweaks that should be made:

Base kits
  • You're missing ISO alpha keys: R3 \| and R4 <>, in both base kits.
  • I would recommend getting rid of numpad 00 as it's not a very useful key, and the base kits are already fairly large.
  • I would recommend using \| instead of for the pipe key legends.

Extension kit
  • It would be nice to see two generic R3 keys added: 1u Code and 1.25u Code. There are various kinds of 40% users out there, and not all of them like to put Esc or Tab on R3. You can see relevant usage stats and their breakdown in this post. This was a survey that was conducted among ortho users. As you can see, R3 Tab is actually the least popular option, yet it's the only one that's currently included in this kit (besides Esc).
    The generic Code keys would cover for: R3 1u Ctrl, 1u Shift, 1u Caps, 1u Fn; 1.25u Ctrl, 1.25u Caps, 1.25u Fn, and more.
  • A second R4 1u Shift is missing for orthos. A generic key such as R4 1u Meta, Menu, Hack or Code would also work, and would allow you to cover bottom rows without arrows as well. So add one of those instead.
  • You can remove the accent 1.5u Enter as that size is only used by a small number of boards (Pearl, Minivan). The non-accent key is enough.
  • The kit is also missing a R4 1.75u Lock key, which is a must if you're including 1.75u Backspace and 1.5u Enter. This key also helps cover boards such as JD40/45, Dimple and Minila.
  • If I'm being honest, I'd either remove all of the accent keys or all of the non-accent ones, in order to try and keep the kit small and make room for the above additions, which are more important than accents because they expand the kit's compatibility to cover more boards.

Spacebars kit
  • 1.75u space is only used on a very small number of 40% keyboards (3–4 in total), and there are already two in the Extension kit, so this can be removed.
  • 1.25u space should be added in its place. This size is useful for several layouts, including Alice-esque ergo boards and standard split 6.25u spacebar on ≥60% boards.

Hey konstantin, really APPRECIATE for very detailed feedback on the kits, especially I'm still fairly new to this hobby. Some changes you've proposed for the extension kit will definitely take into consideration. For the base kit ISO keys, I've done the changes a few days back and will update it on this coming weekend. Once again, really appreciate the comments!  :thumb: :thumb:

tbh i am far more interested by the deskmat than the set, looks very nice with the vibrant almost pink tones of the edge

Appreciated that you like it! Don't forget to join the GB  :p

Offline The.Ryan.Gamer

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 07:53:40 »
Both Light and Dark base looks really really good! I hope you use Ilumkb. If you need help on getting Asia vendor. I'll even help you out i just need both of them! ;D

Offline wynects

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 07:55:38 »
Both Light and Dark base looks really really good! I hope you use Ilumkb. If you need help on getting Asia vendor. I'll even help you out i just need both of them! ;D

Louis is the first and the lead  ;D

Offline The.Ryan.Gamer

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 11:29:46 »

Louis is the first and the lead  ;D

Great news! Now.... When's the GB?  ^-^   uwu uwu uwu

Offline CF73

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 18:59:20 »
this set looks more promising to me than gmk moon dust.
people suspected that moon dust was gonna have the same issue as violet tendencies with the illegible legends, certainly not the case for this set.

Offline frostykoala

• consider Nightlight
    • Check out some Renders :)
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 11 September 2020, 11:37:26 »
Interested to see where this goes

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 17:03:24 »
The D3 desk mat and that crystal cluster novelty are perfect. I really love this set.

Offline Maestr0o1

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 12:47:31 »
Been looking for a purple keyset to go with my NK65 purple, so far this kit matches it the closest (as far as i can tell from renders lol) :thumb:

Maybe you'd consider an alternate dark mods kit with icons instead of text?

Def in for a group buy  ;D

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 16:45:56 »
I really hope that whatever you do for an artisan that it turns out to be a big hunk of pointy purple crystal sitting atop the keycap like this:

https://keycapsss.com/artisan-keycaps/1/crystal-artisan-keycap?c=5

Offline Maestr0o1

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 22:32:01 »
I really hope that whatever you do for an artisan that it turns out to be a big hunk of pointy purple crystal sitting atop the keycap like this:
Show Image

Seems kinda.. painful. Really pretty tho

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 23:06:23 »
Show Image

Seems kinda.. painful. Really pretty tho

mmmmmmm forbidden key

Offline eg0t1st1k4l

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 27 September 2020, 20:34:53 »
This is my favorite keyset that I have ever seen, I'm praying it gets to the GB phase!

Offline ClickClack919

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 18:47:31 »
I made a GH account just to comment here and say that I am super excited for this set and I really hope it makes it to GB. Is there anything we can do as fans to help get it there?

Offline Eerricc

« Reply #67 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 01:51:09 »
I feel like a cool Artisan would be a full resin with an amethyst in it, kinda like S-Craft's Pokemon Keycaps but with an amethyst instead

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline purple_rw

« Reply #68 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 14:02:19 »
I like the color. A Colemak extension set would be great, as I use Colemak-DHm.

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 16:22:17 »
I feel like a cool Artisan would be a full resin with an amethyst in it, kinda like S-Craft's Pokemon Keycaps but with an amethyst instead

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

I'm actually planning to do that on my own, since I work with resign molds and crystals! Maybe even a few variations. If no one else does it, maybe I can do a step-by-step reel of how to do it for everyone here when it comes out.

Offline wynects

Re: [IC] GMK Amethyst - Update 10/17
« Reply #70 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 04:33:42 »
This is my favorite keyset that I have ever seen, I'm praying it gets to the GB phase!

It will be happening very soon, stay tuned!

I made a GH account just to comment here and say that I am super excited for this set and I really hope it makes it to GB. Is there anything we can do as fans to help get it there?

Remember to check the thread in the coming week ;D

Offline cam

Re: [IC] GMK Amethyst - Update 10/17
« Reply #71 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 15:21:06 »
The look of the white U80-A...  :cool:

Offline azzipa

Re: [IC] GMK Amethyst
« Reply #72 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 15:52:44 »
More like GMK Rouge imo, at least the Dark set. Still kicking myself I didn’t hit that GB.

Interesting looking set. Looks kinda like First Love light and Moon Dust

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 20:22:06 »
Show Image

I'm going to make myself one like for my set if/when this gets run!

Offline irohasu

Re: [IC] GMK Amethyst - Nov 11 GB
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 20 October 2020, 11:28:47 »
omg the groupbuy is on november 11 :OOOOOOOOO still hoping for rama keycap yum

Offline wynects

« Reply #75 on: Tue, 20 October 2020, 11:37:16 »
omg the groupbuy is on november 11 :OOOOOOOOO still hoping for rama keycap yum
In progress ...

Offline fluxlab

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 20 October 2020, 13:23:29 »
Good luck w gb!

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #77 on: Tue, 20 October 2020, 13:59:55 »
Is there a RAL or Pantone you’re trying to match for this set?

Offline wynects

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 20 October 2020, 21:36:32 »
Is there a RAL or Pantone you’re trying to match for this set?
Ral design 300 20 15, 320 70 25, WS1

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 01:18:39 »
Thank you!

Offline ClickClack919

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 10:34:23 »
Are kit prices announced yet, or do we have to wait for the GB to open for those? I didn't see them mentioned anywhere in this thread, but maybe I missed them?

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #81 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 08:50:24 »
I'm excited to see a date set! I've seen some new comments about having the banner as a desk mat and I love that idea! There had been a second desk mat idea in the initial IC which was my fav as I really loved the textures and contrast in it. Since that's not being done, I think the banner would achieve the same thing and could be really cool!
All in all, excited to see this one go live.

Offline chewnior

« Reply #82 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 20:38:56 »
This set looks great, it’ll probably be my first gmk set! :)

Offline blue_waters

« Reply #83 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 23:42:19 »
The base set is beautiful, and by complete coincidence I'm in the process of sourcing all my parts for my first cust mech with a purple theme.

n00b question - but is the spacebar in the base set is 6.25u?

Offline wynects

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 23:50:17 »
The base set is beautiful, and by complete coincidence I'm in the process of sourcing all my parts for my first cust mech with a purple theme.

n00b question - but is the spacebar in the base set is 6.25u?

Yes you’re right. It’s 6.25

Offline blue_waters

« Reply #85 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 23:54:01 »

Yes you’re right. It’s 6.25

Thanks! Sorry too as I've just seen the 6.25 in the spacebars render above. IC submitted.

Offline despairsray

« Reply #86 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 01:27:47 »
Personally liking the Hollow Knight Crystal Peak vibes from the novelties. Definitely in for a set.

Offline MilkTea_QAQ

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 01:41:23 »
Will the dark base suit white case, that dark base is 🔥

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 04:21:35 »
Interested.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline suwarna.chiu

Re: [IC] GMK Amethyst - Nov 11 GB - Added RAMA
« Reply #89 on: Tue, 03 November 2020, 01:59:43 »
very interesting on this set.  just wonder if the dark set with extension kit will match with LILAC Sat75 ? i mean the purple colour, looks similar (very close from the render).   perhaps designer can confirm this ?

is your asia proxies confirm ? how bout zfrontier ?  last, no price indication yet ? :)

looking forward and best of luck with the GB.

Offline wynects

« Reply #90 on: Tue, 03 November 2020, 02:20:03 »
very interesting on this set.  just wonder if the dark set with extension kit will match with LILAC Sat75 ? i mean the purple colour, looks similar (very close from the render).   perhaps designer can confirm this ?

is your asia proxies confirm ? how bout zfrontier ?  last, no price indication yet ? :)

If you're referring to Sat75 R2 Mermaid Purple, the purple is much lighter but I think this set will still look good with the mermaid purple.
Yes, Asia proxies are confirmed(iLumKB & zFrontier). The price will be announced when GB starts.

Offline suwarna.chiu

« Reply #91 on: Tue, 03 November 2020, 03:11:52 »

If you're referring to Sat75 R2 Mermaid Purple, the purple is much lighter but I think this set will still look good with the mermaid purple.
Yes, Asia proxies are confirmed(iLumKB & zFrontier). The price will be announced when GB starts.

yes, am reffering to Sat75 R2 purple, you meant that the purple on Sat75 will be much lighter then the purple on this keycap ? how the purple on this keycap compare to JTK Hana for example ? is it lighter or same ? thanks !
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 November 2020, 04:06:00 by suwarna.chiu »

Offline asciisii

« Reply #92 on: Tue, 03 November 2020, 12:02:33 »
nice ramas!

Offline blue_waters

« Reply #93 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 06:34:27 »
Very keen to participate in the GB. I love the light base set. This would also be my first GB. What happens next? Do I watch this thread for a link or update on the 11th? (IC form previously submitted).

Offline elisyan

« Reply #94 on: Sun, 08 November 2020, 01:18:10 »
Really digging the color on the dark base. This set actually looks like it will get better with use and some shine.

Offline blue_waters

« Reply #95 on: Sun, 08 November 2020, 12:54:40 »
Very keen to participate in the GB. I love the light base set. This would also be my first GB. What happens next? Do I watch this thread for a link or update on the 11th? (IC form previously submitted).

A little forum guide reading for ICs and GBs, and I've also now seen the GB post for this. Will look forward to placing an order with zFrontier on the 11th ;-)

Offline idealape

« Reply #96 on: Mon, 09 November 2020, 07:49:09 »
I like that dark base...

Offline wynects

« Reply #97 on: Mon, 09 November 2020, 09:16:10 »

yes, am reffering to Sat75 R2 purple, you meant that the purple on Sat75 will be much lighter then the purple on this keycap ? how the purple on this keycap compare to JTK Hana for example ? is it lighter or same ? thanks !

The purple in this set is still much darker than the purple in JTK Hana.

A little forum guide reading for ICs and GBs, and I've also now seen the GB post for this. Will look forward to placing an order with zFrontier on the 11th ;-)

2 more days ...  :p

Offline astudler

« Reply #98 on: Mon, 09 November 2020, 10:45:36 »
pleeeaaaase add a NORDE Kit for us Europeans  :cool:

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 10 November 2020, 10:57:28 »
pleeeaaaase add a NORDE Kit for us Europeans  :cool:

+1
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black