geekhack Community > Off Topic

Unhacking the wallet

<< < (53/55) > >>

Blaise170:

--- Quote from: ppp on Wed, 21 March 2018, 10:31:43 ---
--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Wed, 21 March 2018, 10:18:34 ---
--- Quote from: davkol on Wed, 21 March 2018, 09:39:50 ---
--- Quote from: phorx on Tue, 20 March 2018, 13:29:20 ---I have to count myself lucky as I'm not so much collection-focused, so I don't look at rare and vintage items the same way as others.  Having particular builds or projects in mind makes this hobby much less spendy than it could be.

--- End quote ---
Funny you mention this, what I had in mind was an ergonomic keyboard that I'd actively use.

--- End quote ---

Quit the Beast while ya'll are ahead..

Tp4 only browses Home improvement tools these days..

Functional above all else.

--- End quote ---

But doesn't it usually cost more to make something yourself than buy something a megacorporation has amortized? 🤔

--- End quote ---

Said amortized items usually don't have quite the resilience of one-off products and custom things are able to be personalized to your exact needs.

Belfong:
omg, I just bought a GON! Help me!

And yet, I somehow feel ok. Everyone needs a Korean keeb, right? Right?

bliss:
My policy: only go three-wide with group buys at any time - join not more than three concurrent GBs :D
EDIT: In this definition, a GB "ends" when the items have been delivered to my doorstep.

I think that is still very much but it introduces a ceiling. Exception to the rule is allowed if and only if my personal kryptonite occurs, i.e. reruns of GMK Skeletor or Nautilus (guess what - Nautilus 2 is currently in IC).

And I put every item I buy to use, no collecting. This should saturate the "need" to buy eventually.

HoffmanMyster:

--- Quote from: bliss on Tue, 25 February 2020, 14:40:43 ---My policy: only go three-wide with group buys at any time - join not more than three concurrent GBs :D
EDIT: In this definition, a GB "ends" when the items have been delivered to my doorstep.

I think that is still very much but it introduces a ceiling. Exception to the rule is allowed if and only if my personal kryptonite occurs, i.e. reruns of GMK Skeletor or Nautilus (guess what - Nautilus 2 is currently in IC).

And I put every item I buy to use, no collecting. This should saturate the "need" to buy eventually.

--- End quote ---

What would you do if all three GBs get caught in GB Hell?  :confused: 

It's certainly a good rule.  :thumb:  Anything to keep things in check is a positive.

bliss:

--- Quote from: HoffmanMyster on Mon, 09 March 2020, 14:53:10 ---
--- Quote from: bliss on Tue, 25 February 2020, 14:40:43 ---My policy: only go three-wide with group buys at any time - join not more than three concurrent GBs :D

--- End quote ---

What would you do if all three GBs get caught in GB Hell?  :confused: 

It's certainly a good rule.  :thumb:  Anything to keep things in check is a positive.

--- End quote ---

Forgive my late answer, things have been out of the ordinary...

So GB Hell is when you have joined a GB and it gets delayed for a long time? Well, the rule still applies :D If all three GB are in Hell, which is unlikely, then I might not be inclined to join yet another GB anyway :p Also, I think it is a good idea to only use two of the three "slots" if you will, to have one free for anything You-Can't-Afford-To-Miss(tm).

And thank you, the rule was very effective for me so far :thumb:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version