Author Topic: [IC]OCKC doubleshot 86 key set  (Read 105106 times)

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
Re: [IC]OCKC doubleshot 86 key set
« Reply #300 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 13:24:06 »
I'd prefer the blue font on the modifiers, but I'm twitchy at the "We must wait however long for a different font" thing.  I personally (I know it doesn't mean much) don't have a love for everything cherry and would be happy to go as soon as you got colors settled.
Do you have a set of cherry double shots? I used to think "pffft cherry font and key caps are stupid I love my RA 2.0 set" I even liked it so much I tried to restore some classic WYSE key caps with slight success. However once I got my first cherry double shots I saw the light. The boldness of the font, thickness of the keycaps, and scoops have me converted. Granted the cherry replica keys from SP will lack two of these qualities that make original cherry keys so great, so you do still have a  point.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #301 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 13:33:20 »
i like what is posed in the OP both mods so we should really stick with that and wait to make a dolch set once the cherry font comes, no reason both cant be done sine the one in the OP looks great as well.

Offline DarkShot

• Professional Procrastinator
« Reply #302 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 14:29:58 »
This set won't use Cherry font.

Flat out.

For different sets, sure. This set however won't be using it. Hope this clears up some confusion..

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #303 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 14:30:34 »
I'd prefer the blue font on the modifiers, but I'm twitchy at the "We must wait however long for a different font" thing.  I personally (I know it doesn't mean much) don't have a love for everything cherry and would be happy to go as soon as you got colors settled.
Do you have a set of cherry double shots? I used to think "pffft cherry font and key caps are stupid I love my RA 2.0 set" I even liked it so much I tried to restore some classic WYSE key caps with slight success. However once I got my first cherry double shots I saw the light. The boldness of the font, thickness of the keycaps, and scoops have me converted. Granted the cherry replica keys from SP will lack two of these qualities that make original cherry keys so great, so you do still have a  point.

I do.  It's nice, but not nicer than the RA2.0 or CCnG fonts to me.  I'm more impatient than talking down the font, to be honest.

Offline feng

• * Vendor
« Reply #304 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 14:36:24 »
base sets: 6
tsangan sets: 4
numpad sets: 4

Might want more. But these are what I need at least.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #305 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 14:37:49 »
base sets: 6
tsangan sets: 4
numpad sets: 4

Might want more. But these are what I need at least.
wow what a baller.

Offline 4LI4Z

« Reply #306 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 14:53:10 »
If there was a Iso-Kit you could count me as in. :(
BLING BLING GOLD SPRING

ErgoClear Filco MJT2 TKL || Apple EK II || Hall Effect Keypad || Cherry G81 HAD || IBM M SSK

Offline yuiop

« Reply #307 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 15:40:39 »
Count me in for 2 sets.

Offline montroyal

« Reply #308 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 21:46:57 »
Look great!. I would like to order two sets.

Offline Chicken Chaser

« Reply #309 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 22:20:57 »
Does the mock up use WYSE legends or Arial or what?

I like the blue on the modifiers too, but I agree it seems to "glow" more than the orange. Maybe that's just how it looks from the mock ups and it wont' be a problem on the real thing?
Leopold TKL Blues || Leopold TKL Reds || Filco TKL Ninja Browns

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #310 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 22:24:59 »
This set is turning out to be very pretty.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #311 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 22:25:09 »
IMO, if you're going to offer a Dark Grey mod set, then I think an orange alpha set should be offered as well (total inversion). I'd get one of each!

Cheers,
IBM Model M 1390120, Otaku Unicomp+RGB, CM QFR Green, Ducky YOTD Red, SSK MKII,
ErgoDox Blue, ErgoDox White

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #312 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 22:27:45 »

I like the blue on the modifiers too, but I agree it seems to "glow" more than the orange. Maybe that's just how it looks from the mock ups and it wont' be a problem on the real thing?
The set will be WYSE, and for the colors you really can not go off the mock ups AT ALL. The colors in real life will be COMPLETELY different. Perfect examples would be the "grey" modifiers for RA2.0 are actually tan, and the pink in the Valentines mock ups looks nothing like the actual pink plastic from the color ring.

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #313 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 22:29:15 »

The set will be WYSE, and for the colors you really can not go off the mock ups AT ALL. The colors in real life will be COMPLETELY different. Perfect examples would be the "grey" modifiers for RA2.0 are actually tan, and the pink in the Valentines mock ups looks nothing like the actual pink plastic from the color ring.

So true, this is why prototypes are needed before the actual order is placed.

Cheers,

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #314 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 22:35:48 »
Color ring, and previous keys made also help considerably. Like the orange/grey (charcoal?) cherry replica keys linked earlier in this thread.

Offline Cobertt

• Control on Caps
« Reply #315 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 22:48:33 »
Does anybody have a link to a picture of the wyse font, I am new at this and just want a visual, or is it one of the fonts in the mock up, if so which one. Thanks!
HHKB Pro2 | Mira SE | FJELL | KARA HAZE | CW88 FNF WKL Wine | HHKB Prophet | Tengu | Prototype CW60 HHKB Skunkworxxx | Prototype K80 | Tokyo60 | Gingko65Midway LEKei | Frog TKL | Saturn60

Offline fl0w3n

« Reply #316 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 22:52:12 »
Does anybody have a link to a picture of the wyse font, I am new at this and just want a visual, or is it one of the fonts in the mock up, if so which one. Thanks!

Here are WYSE keys with WYSE font

http://dangwang.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/img_0889_e.jpg

Offline KIM MINCHUL

« Reply #317 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 22:54:30 »
87 key set 1
orange mod 1
Num-Pad Add-on 1
Tsangan Keyset  1
ISO Addon Set  1

Offline Cobertt

• Control on Caps
[IC]OCKC doubleshot 86 key set
« Reply #318 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 23:03:00 »

Here are WYSE keys with WYSE font

http://dangwang.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/img_0889_e.jpg

Thanks thats just what I was looking for.
HHKB Pro2 | Mira SE | FJELL | KARA HAZE | CW88 FNF WKL Wine | HHKB Prophet | Tengu | Prototype CW60 HHKB Skunkworxxx | Prototype K80 | Tokyo60 | Gingko65Midway LEKei | Frog TKL | Saturn60

Offline Caaaarrrt

« Reply #319 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 23:09:15 »
I would consider getting a base set and tsangan kit, depending on how the final set turns out.

I do like the proposed colours though.
Metal Grey LZ-GH - 62g Clears | White HHKB Pro2 |KBC Poker - Lubed Reds w/ Plate and Red Imsto case | Duck PokerCM QuickFire Rapid - Blues w/ red case

Offline AriesX

« Reply #320 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 00:55:23 »
So whats happening now? I'm lost in this thread and what set we are going for.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #321 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 01:11:06 »
Hopefully orange on charcoal alphas and charcoal on orange mods, orange on charcoal mods if we are lucky but those may get bumped for orange on dark charcoal. I hope that they all go for sale and the orders will serve as votes.
There should not be any green or blue on charcoal mods if I understood correctly.

Offline Munzter

« Reply #322 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 03:26:20 »
Participating in my first group buy :)

I am interested in the darker charcoal mod set.
1x Base set
1x Tsangan set

Just want to confirm from what I've read in other threads so far, the tsangan set is what I'll need for the short R-shift key for a KBT pure, right?

Thank you in advance for setting this up and for the person who can confirm my question. 

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #323 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 04:45:36 »
@Munzter: Welcome to Geekhack!

Get used to spending money on keyboards and key caps - it becomes somewhat addictive ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #324 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 05:00:31 »
Hopefully orange on charcoal alphas and charcoal on orange mods, orange on charcoal mods if we are lucky but those may get bumped for orange on dark charcoal.
There should not be any green or blue on charcoal mods if I understood correctly.

Like he said no other colours except what the Organizer originally wanted (remember the title "OCKC").  Orange and Charcoal, if anyone else is unhappy with that then please start another Group Buy with your own favourite colours.
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 October 2012, 05:02:38 by Elrick »

Offline Skeksis

« Reply #325 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 05:56:36 »
I'm interestet in one TKL Set and one ISO Set.

Offline pasph

« Reply #326 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 07:18:05 »
In for 1 base set, 1 or 2 (if we can't reach 15 orders) ISO set, 1 alternate colors modifiers
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #327 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 07:33:42 »
Should be in for many sets if the "`~" and "\|" keycaps have the same color as those other alpha/number (input) keycaps.

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #328 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 10:31:35 »
If there was a Iso-Kit you could count me as in. :(

There is one. I'll start a tally for it, but as far as I know it's relatively small group interested for the moment.

Hopefully orange on charcoal alphas and charcoal on orange mods, orange on charcoal mods if we are lucky but those may get bumped for orange on dark charcoal. I hope that they all go for sale and the orders will serve as votes.

Correct essentially. The base set will contain the inverted Charcoal on Orange mods, the Orange on Charcoal mods would be an add-on unless there's sufficient interest, then both sets of mods would be included.

This would mean that those who want what jil wants:
Should be in for many sets if the "`~" and "\|" keycaps have the same color as those other alpha/number (input) keycaps.
will get them with no issues at all.

The Turquoise on Charcoal was just something that looked neat, it won't be in this GB.

Now, I don't have a problem with either per-say but I much prefer the tide and forwardslash keys to be the same colour as the mods as I feel they go together much better.

*Remember, these aren't the exact colours

Which would you all prefer?

Same as alphas:

or same as mods?

And a quick change up to see a straight mono-charcoal base.

Looks kinda bland if you ask me.

« Last Edit: Thu, 11 October 2012, 10:50:33 by DarkShot »

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #329 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 10:58:37 »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #330 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 11:08:38 »
I vote for this lol

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll41/Dark-Shot666/OCKCmockup-1.png

And this but with the "`~" and "\|" same as other input caps =3

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll41/Dark-Shot666/OCKCcharcoalmods.png

Do you mean the  "`~" and "\|" should be (a) charcoal legends on orange keycaps  OR (b) orange legends on charcoal keycaps?

I agree they should match for balance, and my preference would be (a) charcoal legends on orange keycaps.

Plus "Geek" and "Hack" (or really anything except a Windows logo) on the Super modifier keys.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline fl0w3n

« Reply #331 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 11:30:40 »
I think he is saying that normally those two keys + space bar are same scheme as alpha keys...but in the charcoal with darker charcoal mods, those three keys match the mods instead.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #332 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 11:39:54 »
If he changes his mind and sells a full TKL of orange on charcoal, and then a modifier set of charcoal on orange then people can decide to do it how jil wants, or how the mock up is. I think the following would be my ideal OCKC buying options and would also make the most people happy and also be very similar to how RA2.0 was sold with a couple improvements:
Full TKL of Orange on charcoal (with matching and contrasting geek hack keys)
Tenkey set of Orange on charcoal
Modifier kit of Charcoal on Orange
tsangan of Charcoal on Orange
iso set of Charcoal on Orange
Modifier of Orange on dark charcoal
tsangan of Orange on dark charcoal
iso set of Orange on dark charcoal
extra charcoal 6.2x and 7x spacebars
potentially charcoal on orange, and orange on dark charcoal tenkey modifier set (only six keys)

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #333 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 12:02:07 »
If he changes his mind and sells a full TKL of orange on charcoal, and then a modifier set of charcoal on orange then people can decide to do it how jil wants, or how the mock up is. I think the following would be my ideal OCKC buying options and would also make the most people happy and also be very similar to how RA2.0 was sold with a couple improvements:
potentially charcoal on orange, and orange on dark charcoal tenkey modifier set (only six keys)

I disagree with this. The original set should be the base kit, and if people want Grey mods, they should purchase them as an addon. Furthermore, It would be cool if grey mods are offered that inverted alphanumerics are offered (Charcoal on Orange).

Cheers,

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #334 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 12:04:32 »

That's going a little overcomplicated.

I want to keep it simple. In doing so, the few main things we have going will garner a good amount of interest. I'd rather have 100 orders for the same set at a cheaper price than have that same number of orders split up into smaller groups. I'm okay with offering a couple alterations like the Orange on Charcoal mods for a flat 86 key set, but spread that out for those who require tsangan kits and numpads takes away the buying-in-numbers power a GB can use.

The base set will be the two tone Charcoal base alphas and Orange base mods as that's what was I wanted to do and what got plenty of interest in it's own, I'm not changing it.

I also mean no offense at all through this post so don't take it the wrong way, but I want to do what benefits everybody in the end.

Now! Just thought of this: the tide and backslash ( ~ and |\ ) keys could always be ordered in a large group to coincide with the amount of base sets in inverted colours. Everyone would get them with their sets guaranteed so they could choose which they wanted should the alternate mods (Orange on Charcoal) be dropped completely. Not that I've decided yet, but it's always a possibility. I would imagine it'd only add 2-3 bucks on top of the total.

Furthermore, It would be cool if grey mods are offered that inverted alphanumerics are offered (Charcoal on Orange).

Cheers,

Also won't be happening. Perhaps for a future run, but not in this one mate.
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 October 2012, 12:06:04 by DarkShot »

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #335 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 12:11:47 »
Everything worked out fine in the RA2.0 set. Everyone purchased what they wanted so if you didn't want a Tsangan for $27 because it didn't hit the next price break you paid for a $27 tsangan. I guess the only people it would inconvenience is people that don't want a full orange on charcoal set and only want it with orange modifiers.

Did you ever find someone to handle the US portion of this for shipping and what not?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #336 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 12:12:28 »
da prof

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #337 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 12:18:48 »
Everything worked out fine in the RA2.0 set. Everyone purchased what they wanted so if you didn't want a Tsangan for $27 because it didn't hit the next price break you paid for a $27 tsangan. I guess the only people it would inconvenience is people that don't want a full orange on charcoal set and only want it with orange modifiers.

Did you ever find someone to handle the US portion of this for shipping and what not?

This isn't RA2.0

And yes.

Myself and TheProfosist will be co-running this group buy once it opens! Everything will be shipped from the US, with shipping costs and such to follow in the coming weeks.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #338 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 12:20:00 »
Alright then for anything that people want that will not be included in the group buy, I'll run a secondary group buy for. For instance a charcoal on orange number row, tsangan kits for all the mod colors, and tenkey mod kits. Going to wait for the final group buy before picking what I'll include.

Offline Sinzz

« Reply #339 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 12:20:45 »
same as mods!!!

btw, an off topic question, where can i get those keyboard things that people have on their sigs? I kind of want one..

@danielucf, what about a Keycool 84 mod?  ;)
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 October 2012, 12:22:39 by Sinzz »
Keycool 84 MX Blue | Pure Pro | HHKB Pro 2

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #340 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 12:21:26 »
To keep the levity up, I imagined you saying that more like:

RA2.0?  THIS IS OCKC!!

You didn't kick him in a well, though.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #341 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 12:22:58 »
This isn't RA2.0
Well obviously, but there were a lot of things in that group buy that people wanted, and purchased. Now it looks like they will be excluded because it might get too complicated? Or am I understanding the reasoning wrong.

Offline Sinzz

« Reply #342 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 12:23:45 »
This isn't RA2.0
Well obviously, but there were a lot of things in that group buy that people wanted, and purchased. Now it looks like they will be excluded because it might get too complicated? Or am I understanding the reasoning wrong.

I think it's more to keep costs down
Keycool 84 MX Blue | Pure Pro | HHKB Pro 2

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #343 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 12:31:04 »
Alright then for anything that people want that will not be included in the group buy, I'll run a secondary group buy for. For instance a charcoal on orange number row, tsangan kits for all the mod colors, and tenkey mod kits. Going to wait for the final group buy before picking what I'll include.

No issues with that. The inverted set wasn't a definitive from the get go either, do keep that in mind.

Likewise, if people did want a straight charcoal set, there was that QWERkeys IC thread talking about it as sleabo does colour infill for PBT caps.

No, I wanted everyone to be able to get reasonably priced tiers for everything they wanted.

However, I'll retract the previous statement saying I wont consider doing it at all and keep it in mind when I contact SP.

« Last Edit: Thu, 11 October 2012, 12:33:48 by DarkShot »

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #344 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 13:43:52 »
No, I wanted everyone to be able to get reasonably priced tiers for everything they wanted.
You can get price tiers for everything. A tsangan in charcoal on orange will have the same price tier as the reverse. If for instance a tsangan doesn't hit the minimum order quantity then it doesn't get ordered. If charcoal on orange hits $13 per set, and the reverse hits $27 a set then so be it, some people will just pay more. Don't stop people from buying just because it is expensive, that is the buyers choice.

Since the default kit will have charcoal on orange insert, home, and PgUp keys I think it would be a cool addon, and unique to this set to offer a "!1" through "+=" charcoal on orange kit. Adding a base alpha set of charcoal on orange would also achieve the same goal, but then people are essentially buying two full keyboard sets when just another 12 keys is considerably easier/cheaper. However maybe enough want a full kit of charcoal on orange, or maybe that should be saved for another group buy. Please just get a quote for the 12 key addon and let the buyers decide.

Offline fl0w3n

« Reply #345 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 13:45:00 »
I'll take lower costs over more options.

Offline fl0w3n

« Reply #346 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 13:49:21 »
The two options that seem to be the main ones now, are more than enough for me IMO.  Just make the ~` key and |\ match on the charcoal/charcoal (I'm sure it was just an overlook). 

If danielucf runs a secondary GB after this one is finalized, which will include all the "rarer" sets, that should work out perfect. 

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #347 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 13:54:20 »
You can get price tiers for everything. A tsangan in charcoal on orange will have the same price tier as the reverse. If for instance a tsangan doesn't hit the minimum order quantity then it doesn't get ordered. If charcoal on orange hits $13 per set, and the reverse hits $27 a set then so be it, some people will just pay more. Don't stop people from buying just because it is expensive, that is the buyers choice.

Since the default kit will have charcoal on orange insert, home, and PgUp keys I think it would be a cool addon, and unique to this set to offer a "!1" through "+=" charcoal on orange kit. Adding a base alpha set of charcoal on orange would also achieve the same goal, but then people are essentially buying two full keyboard sets when just another 12 keys is considerably easier/cheaper. However maybe enough want a full kit of charcoal on orange, or maybe that should be saved for another group buy. Please just get a quote for the 12 key addon and let the buyers decide.

I think an inverted OCKC should get it's own buy, but maybe that's me.

Cheers,

Offline dreamingftw

« Reply #348 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 14:08:03 »
Put me down as interested in a set.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #349 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 14:40:50 »
Now! Just thought of this: the tide and backslash ( ~ and |\ ) keys could always be ordered in a large group to coincide with the amount of base sets in inverted colours. Everyone would get them with their sets guaranteed so they could choose which they wanted should the alternate mods (Orange on Charcoal) be dropped completely. Not that I've decided yet, but it's always a possibility. I would imagine it'd only add 2-3 bucks on top of the total.

Good Thinking! Please do that.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case