Author Topic: [IC]OCKC doubleshot 86 key set  (Read 104813 times)

Offline Choi Young Gyoo

• * Vendor
  • GH / DT / KBDMania
Re: [IC]Orange and White/Charcoal doubleshot 86 key set
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 09:37:25 »
I am in..
orange on dark gray...i like it..
LZ-SE  Black / Trik X Silver / 456GT Red / 356CL / 356n MKII red / Koala Black / etc

Offline DarkShot

• Professional Procrastinator
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 09:39:43 »
What sort of prices are we talking here? I am reluctant to say yes to things without an idea of a price, as I don't want to feel bad if I end up saying no, and yes, I realise it's only an interest check, but yeah.

There are no numbers yet, but I'm assuming it'll be above $60 as other doubleshot GBs have been.

I think we are at the cusp of having cherry legends complete soon. May want to take our time on this one until we can do it right. I think everyone has enough WYSE font key sets, time to start collecting with cherry font.

It was stated in the OP that the legends on the mockup are not the intended ones at the moment and that it's entirely up for debate. I'm liking where this is going though, doubleshot orange and charcoal with cherry fonts would make for an awesome Geekhack 'themed' set.

I'll be down if tsangan kit is available
Interested in an orange/charcoal set. Not so much another white set.

+1 ISO kit anyone?

Very much possible.

Any chance of getting Cherry Replica font on this? I know it had been discussed earlier of happening after the initial Dolch Run...

Cheers,

If all goes well and we can use the font without exorbitant fees than I think that'll be the intended font used. I hadn't kept up with the Cherry legends adoption so I know little on what's going on in that regard but I've got no issues here.

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 09:43:53 »
It will be quite some time until the Cherry Legends will be available fore use. 

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 09:50:41 »

Chance of it being before the New Year?

Offline mkngrm

• mkngrm
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 10:27:15 »
Definitely in for a set.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 10:47:53 »
Why do you say that? There was a recent reply to the thread showing test keys that looked great. It was also mentioned that they would start to collect the pledges soon.

Just to reiterate, I am in but only with orange/charcoal with cherry legends. I also read that it is intended to be made after the dolch cherry replica from SP.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 10:50:16 »
It'll be longer than you think because there are still more legends to be made/tested.  Then there's whatever intro GB that's going to be run to completion before they are made available.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 10:53:08 »
Definitely interested. Would match hack orange CC very well
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 10:54:48 »
I also read that it is intended to be made after the dolch cherry replica from SP.

It wasn't intended to be a Dolch replica of any way. My only intention was an orange geekhack themed set. Everything else was up for debate, however with how long it might take to get the cherry legends, this could very well have to wait if people want cherry legends.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 11:40:55 »
Any change the Windows keycaps could also be available blank or something for we non-Windows users?  I am using mostly Linux and Mac, so the Windows icon in particular is annoying.

I typically just replace them with blank keycaps, but color-matching modifiers will be hard.

Thanks for working through this.  The colors, especially the orange-on-gray, look great!

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 12:00:34 »
Re: Cherry replica legends, I wouldn't count on being able to use them before the end of the year.  The latest round of prototypes (which should arrive tomorrow) look really good from what I've seen so far.  So the remaining work to do is to tweak the remaining legends so they match the prototypes and get them all cut.  This will probably happen in one or two big batches and will require us to collect from the adoption drive.  Then we'll have an entire 104-key prototype set made and make any last adjustments to the SVGs based on how they all look together.  At some point during this finalizing process we'll start the Dolch group buy.

So yeah, there's still a bit of time left before they are "finished".

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 12:41:54 »
Any change the Windows keycaps could also be available blank or something for we non-Windows users?  I am using mostly Linux and Mac, so the Windows icon in particular is annoying.

I typically just replace them with blank keycaps, but color-matching modifiers will be hard.

Thanks for working through this.  The colors, especially the orange-on-gray, look great!

- Ron | samwisekoi

I thought about having "geek" on the left Super and "hack" on the right one. Not sure if it'd be something that'd be included in the base set or as an addon.

Just a quick changeup to show what I mean. Nowhere near the consideration of final.

Re: Cherry replica legends, I wouldn't count on being able to use them before the end of the year.  The latest round of prototypes (which should arrive tomorrow) look really good from what I've seen so far.  So the remaining work to do is to tweak the remaining legends so they match the prototypes and get them all cut.  This will probably happen in one or two big batches and will require us to collect from the adoption drive.  Then we'll have an entire 104-key prototype set made and make any last adjustments to the SVGs based on how they all look together.  At some point during this finalizing process we'll start the Dolch group buy.

So yeah, there's still a bit of time left before they are "finished".

Alrighty. Thanks for that. Unless this doesn't come up off the ground before then, looks like this set'll use a different legend set.

Any thoughts on changing the Super keys and possible, readily available legends? 7bit's are used a bit around these parts, so perhaps there's interest for something different?

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 12:49:58 »
Much better. Get rid of all the white legends!

Betting this will look great on unbranded CM QF rapids and KMACs.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline bisl

Re: [IC]Orange and White doubleshot 86 key set
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 12:52:07 »
tsangan kit is a must.

For the uninitiated--what's a tsangan kit?

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 12:52:58 »
looks like this set'll use a different legend set.
I'll probably regret it at first, but I don't think I'll pick up a set of this. When/if a cherry version is made all will be right in the world again.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Icarium

• I AM A MONKEY!
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 12:55:52 »
Interested.
I had a sig once but it's gone. It used to display an icon of a Kinesis. Just imagine that.

Offline fydo

• Meow!
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 12:57:52 »
I love the look of this!

I don't suppose there's any chance of a Colemak kit? :)
CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid | Ducky Shine II (White LED)

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 12:59:11 »
looks like this set'll use a different legend set.
I'll probably regret it at first, but I don't think I'll pick up a set of this. When/if a cherry version is made all will be right in the world again.

Sounds like your in the same boat I am.  I'm on the fence about passing this up if it doesn't use Cherry fonts.  Know I'll regret it if I do pass it up, though.
| HHKB Pro 2 | Leopold FC660C
| Poker.PANDAclears | ErgoDox (62g Black)

Offline theultrazord

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 13:00:03 »
What sort of prices are we talking here? I am reluctant to say yes to things without an idea of a price, as I don't want to feel bad if I end up saying no, and yes, I realise it's only an interest check, but yeah.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the pricing will be similar to jil's valentine thread and maybe even cheaper per set since there are no additional novelty keys or extra legends needed as long as we match the quantities. Also I bet many of the people saying they only want one of the options will buy regardless due to their keycap addiction =D.

Offline Sinzz

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 13:04:58 »
ooh ooh ooh! Since we're all making suggestions and such, can you do something about the boring arrow keys? maybe use something similar to those of the shift keys? I'm tired of the whole, boring arrow keys.

Hell I'd be fine with a Segoe UI like font with a windows 8 windows key, now that would be nice. Are you also planning to have some extra types of keycaps by any chance? My Keycool84 has different sized modifiers, and pgup pg down end, and especially my alt, fn, ctrl. So I would love to have matching colors (doesnt have to have words, just would love it to match up with the color scheme.
Keycool 84 MX Blue | Pure Pro | HHKB Pro 2

Offline SwissFTW

« Reply #70 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 13:19:46 »

I thought about having "geek" on the left Super and "hack" on the right one. Not sure if it'd be something that'd be included in the base set or as an addon.

Just a quick changeup to show what I mean. Nowhere near the consideration of final.

Show Image

YES! This looks fantastic. I also agree... get rid of all the white legends and replace with gray.

WhiteFox  | HHKB Pro 2 | KBT Pure MX Browns | CM Storm MX Browns | Ducky YOTD MX Browns | Ducky Shine II MX Browns
    TrueFox

Offline fl0w3n

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 13:20:23 »
WE NEED THIS TO GET INTO MOTION ASAP!

What can I do to help?  :cool:

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 13:21:39 »
Also I bet many of the people saying they only want one of the options will buy regardless due to their keycap addiction =D.
It's like you've known me all my life.

Offline bisl

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 14:01:09 »
For the uninitiated--what's a tsangan kit?

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36165.msg677684#msg677684

wow, crazy that the hashbaz OP actually specifically worded it as "for the uninitiated."
creeeeeepy.

IT'S LIKE HE KNEW

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 14:47:36 »
That's cool, I'm down for waiting until next year for OJ's Cherry Dolch. Heck, I might even have to organize it given my name :P

Cheers,
IBM Model M 1390120, Otaku Unicomp+RGB, CM QFR Green, Ducky YOTD Red, SSK MKII,
ErgoDox Blue, ErgoDox White

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 14:58:48 »
If definitely buy a set of the orange and white to match the new CC that just came in. Mark me as interested.
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline xcelerate

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 15:03:46 »
Count me in for the orange and charcoal tenkeyless set. Looks very nice.

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #78 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 15:41:09 »
I really like this set ^_^
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline simkev

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 15:43:15 »
Charcoal with orange legends with orange modifiers with gray legends is looking so, so great! Count me in for at least one set.
JAG ÄR LIVRÄDD FÖR ATT LEVA & JAG ÄR DÖDSRÄDD FÖR ATT DÖ

| Poker X - Ergo Clears & Red Alert 2.0 | Majestouch 2 TKL - Browns & Blue Cream Cheese |

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 15:56:21 »

That would suit me perfectly!

- Ron | samwisekoi

p.s.  I am at this very moment off to WASD to will-call a custom order of keys to put on the Rosewill 9000 White that came via UPS this morning!  Woo-hoo!
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 15:56:48 »
What about helvetica font? Anyone up for this?
Also I know there is a lot of swedish guys on this forum, so what about an swedish ISO kit please? :DD

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 16:16:18 »
With doubleshots you can't just change the font unfortunately.  Each legend has it's own mold, and it costs $45 a pop for new molds.  For the time being we are pretty much stuck with SP's default font as seen on the recent RA and CCnG sets.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 October 2012, 16:21:37 by hashbaz »

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 16:37:39 »
I love the default sp font which is on my CCnG.
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 16:44:16 »
What about helvetica font? Anyone up for this?
Also I know there is a lot of swedish guys on this forum, so what about an swedish ISO kit please? :DD

A standard ISO kit is a possibility given enough interest, but different fonts as hash said would be a no go.

With doubleshots you can't just change the font unfortunately.  Each legend has it's own mold, and it costs $45 a pop for new molds.  For the time being we are pretty much stuck with SP's default font as seen on the recent RA and CCnG sets.

That answers my wondering about different legends. If that is the case this GB might go with SP's standard font. If there's enough interest however I could see if 7bit wouldn't mind us using his legends.

I'd still like to do the 'Geek' and 'Hack' Super mods, and $90 spread among a bunch of people as well as the initial setup cost hopefully won't add a lot onto the total.

Edit 10/04/12:

For a ANSI layout layout doing two-tone, the estimated pricing tiers are as such:

87 key set

15 sets          $106.60 per set
25 sets          $80.08 per set
50 sets          $59.83 per set
75 sets          $53.08 per set
100 sets        $49.70 per set

Num-Pad Add-on - 17 key set

15 sets          $31.50 per set
25 sets          $22.12 per set
50 sets          $15.08 per set
75 sets          $12.73 per set
100 sets        $11.56 per set

Tsangan Keyset - 13 key set

15 sets          $38.24 per set
25 sets          $25.80 per set
50 sets          $16.47 per set
75 sets          $13.36 per set
100 sets        $11.81 per set

ISO Addon Set - 5 total keys

15 sets          $17.06 per set
25 sets          $12.63 per set
50 sets          $9.08 per set
75 sets          $7.90 per set
100 sets        $7.31 per set

These costs are NOT taking setup fees, shipping, and any other fees into account!

They only have one font right now, and with the Cherry Replica font possibly taking a long while before completion, we'll be using SP's font. Legends are however, still up for consideration.

I thought that a "geek" on the left and "hack" on the right Super mods would be a nice touch with this GH 'themed' set. Not sure if it'd be something that'd be included in the base set or as an addon, but it'd probably be much cheaper to disperse mold cost among all the orders and have it included if there isn't a mold ready yet.

Show Image

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 October 2012, 17:32:27 by DarkShot »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 17:22:31 »
I'd still like to do the 'Geek' and 'Hack' Super mods, and $90 spread among a bunch of people as well as the initial setup cost hopefully won't add a lot onto the total.

Yes!  Go for it!

What would adding the 10-key pad do for the cost?  Perhaps as a separate GB in parallel for the unrecoverable 104-key users like me.  ;D

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline DarkShot

Re: [IC]Orange and Charcoal doubleshot 86 key set
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 17:30:01 »

Yes!  Go for it!

What would adding the 10-key pad do for the cost?  Perhaps as a separate GB in parallel for the unrecoverable 104-key users like me.  ;D

- Ron | samwisekoi

Just updated the OP, check it out!

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 19:22:42 »
Put me down for an 87 key and tsangan kit!

Offline noobandroid

« Reply #88 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 19:27:46 »
this looks desirable, but i need to find some cash for this, hope i have some left *gulp*
HHKB

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 19:32:37 »
Just updated the OP, check it out!

Excellent!  I'm in for 87 + 17.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline shadewolf

• ಠ_ಠ
[IC]Orange and Charcoal doubleshot 86 key set
« Reply #90 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 20:04:35 »
Absolutely interested!

Edit: Orange/Charcoal preferred.

Also a fan of the GeekHack mods, and the charcoal legends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bnp70kr

« Reply #91 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 20:13:17 »
It MUST happen! i will certainly in for a set.

Offline spiralsc2

« Reply #92 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 20:43:07 »
I'd really want one, if the buy takes shape ill take a look at what tier we;ll be at. :)

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 20:55:57 »
I'd really want one, if the buy takes shape ill take a look at what tier we;ll be at. :)

I'd like to at least hit the 50 tier mark for the base set before fully going through with it.

All the other addons are completely up to anyone who wants them once the base set meets that goal. Of course, the more, the better. I won't say no to them so long as we can hit a good enough pricing tier.

This will take some time to do anyway, with sorting out the exact colours, working out the fine bits, the works. I'm not gonna rush this for now, but once the ball is rolling, we'll be gunnin'.

Offline chaosstep

• From Hell
« Reply #94 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 21:09:19 »
I'm interested in this.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 22:02:25 »

I'd like to at least hit the 50 tier mark for the base set before fully going through with it.

Just wondering, will this Key-set get a name/title for it?

Everyone else has chosen titles for their own Group Buys like i.e., jil_jil32's VALENTINE set, hazeluff's SANCTUARY keyset, Ragnorock's R2.0's and so on.

Just thought that it might be nice to order a single named key-set with out having to say "Orange and Charcoal" every time, because the older you get the less time you want to spend typing out a long title.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 October 2012, 22:04:24 by Elrick »

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #96 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 22:09:11 »
GH Nostalgia set.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 22:19:40 »
GH Nostalgia set.

If you want to use the official name of "GH" ......Geekhack then need to donate some money towards the admins of this site.  Only fair....right?

Plus from previous experience not all the Forum Users are happy with using the "Geekhack" name on any Key-set.  Don't ask my why, because I stopped asking that question some time ago.

Maybe any other name that won't offend certain people on here like "Halloween, O&C, Chargrill, Bengal Cat, Flash Gordon, Citrus ........   just some name that is easy to pronounce and type/use.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 October 2012, 22:22:02 by Elrick »

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #98 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 22:22:10 »
Nostalgia set. :P or I like OCKC (Orange & Charcoal KeyCaps)
Also we need inversed mods not the white on orange...icky. the orange could stand to be darker if we can get it close to HACK ORANGE color that'd be cool. The greys should be about the same as the Graphite set IMHO.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 October 2012, 22:25:06 by SmallFry »

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
« Reply #99 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 22:23:25 »
Maybe you can consider adding in a G & H and maybe modifiers (2) in reverse colors.