Author Topic: Razer Mechanical?  (Read 231732 times)

Offline Bullveyr

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #250 on: Thu, 26 August 2010, 02:31:35 »
Just to have a pic without the blue lighting.

http://www.coolpc.com.tw/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=51382
Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline skartt

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #251 on: Thu, 26 August 2010, 02:56:51 »
probably purely commercially motivated, arent mx browns more expansive than mx blue?

Does ione have access to mx browns at all?

Offline lmnop

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #252 on: Thu, 26 August 2010, 09:02:28 »
Manyak

Elitekeyboards

Offline lmnop

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #253 on: Thu, 26 August 2010, 09:12:58 »
I know the Brown was mislabeled I am asking about Cherry MX Blue.

Cherry Police..

Offline lmnop

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #254 on: Thu, 26 August 2010, 09:16:07 »
Quote from: ripster;216842
What's your question?

officer ripster

excuse me for saying so but I can't help but notice Manyak and elitekeyboards force graphs for Cherry MX Blue look completely different.

Offline ManjyomeThunder

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #255 on: Thu, 02 September 2010, 04:42:53 »
"Sh*t the ***s on Razer's Facebook say"

"**** this **** microsoft has better peripherials"

"A $5 Microsoft OEM keyboard is going to do the same thing as a $100 keyboard. If you think otherwise, you're plain retarded."

"I will enjoy my rubber domes brah, been using the same keyboard since ... 2003? ... Have fun with your "hardcore" gaming keyboard though."

"dude, plz shut up. ... Lrn2type"

"Go read up on Topre capacitive switches before you start bagging rubber domes. Retard."

"Oh wait, what do HH use..? Your failed attempt to be a showoff made me feel ashamed for you"

------------

Because bagging on the common $5 rubber dome keyboards obviously means I think Topre switches suck, you see? It's not like they're FAR in the minority or anything.

Made me laugh, in any case. Especially the "lrn2type".
Current Favorite:  Noppoo Choc Mini with Cherry MX Blues
"Storage": ABS M1, Unicomp Customizer 104, Razer Lycosa, (3) Dell AT101W, GeekHack Space Saver
Other stuff: Razer DeathAdder, eXactMat

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #256 on: Thu, 02 September 2010, 04:45:29 »
"Go read up on Topre capacitive switches before you start bagging rubber domes. Retard."

Offline Arc'xer

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #257 on: Thu, 02 September 2010, 05:02:33 »
Quote from: skartt;216790
probably purely commercially motivated, arent mx browns more expansive than mx blue?

Oh no it should be a bit cheaper remember the blues have additional components which reduce it's lifespan compared to the other mx switches to create the noise, browns from a perspective are more simpler.

From what I remember of a few threads posted last year the reason being is the ergonomic(brown's nickname) is more popular in Asian areas. While the blues are more popular in American/European areas.

Not entirely sure why might be the whole silence factor and whatnot. Been a while since I read it.

Lol at ManjyomeThunder, well said. I was gonna reply to the LAN thing but got beaten to it. I was just thinking of that kinda general response by said people.

Offline Razer|Ark

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #258 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 04:30:24 »
Hi all,

I’m Jason and I’m part of the Razer product team for the Razer BlackWidow.

We’ve been following this and related mechanical keyboard threads on various forums and on behalf of the team, I’d like to thank everyone for your interest in mechanical keyboards and the Razer BlackWidow in particular.

The community is very important to Razer and we’d like to do our best to address your needs and concerns.  Over the past few weeks, we’ve seen a huge number of queries (and some misconceptions) that have been posted on this forum and we’re taking this opportunity to clear as much as we can before the first reviews start coming out!

Unfortunately, we won’t be able to monitor all the forums as much as we would like to but we’re definitely looking forward to hearing your feedback and any other suggestions that you may have for the Razer BlackWidow and our future mechanical keyboard products. I’ve appended my contact info below as I won’t be able to track this on a regular basis (so my apologies in advance for not tracking this thread regularly – I’ve tried to cover as many of the queries as possible) – feel free to reach out!

1. Why did Razer go mechanical? Because we’ve always had mech heads in the office as well as gamers calling for them – it took us a while because we went through several re-designs, but we think you’ll like what you see. The Razer BlackWidow will be the first line of mech keyboards that we will release.

2.   What key switch is used in the Razer BlackWidow? To dispel all confusion once and for all – we use the Cherry Blues – and in our design process, we’ve got a pretty strict guideline on sorting of each switch, so it’s not just the Cherry Blues but those with a certain characteristic/tolerance guideline. So…they’re cherry-picked. :becky: I can’t go into the tolerance/sorting guidelines but I can say that it provides for a different experience as opposed to a normal Cherry Blue switch keyboard.

3.   OMFG/WTF/etc WHY THE BLUES INSTEAD OF THE [Insert your favorite color switch here] First up, they all cost almost the same – blues, blacks, reds, etc and we had tested all of the switches with multiple designs. So we picked the Blues intentionally from the get go.  We went through a design cycle with each of the different switches and our ergo team together with our pool of pro gamers went through extensive validation of the Blues – we came up with 2 real conclusions, 1. It’s a question of preference of each user primarily and 2. There’s a lot of marketing bull**** and FUD out there about which color is better etc etc.

We finally picked the Blues over the others like the blacks after the testing/validation that we did over the past couple of years– the data was pretty clear to us. The biggest downside to the Blues was the sound – but the other features were huge winners – and the data we collated from hundreds of pro/amateur gamers indicated that the tactile and clicky Blues provided a significant advantage to the gamers as opposed to those that used other switches (though we wouldn’t recommend LAN centers to kit up on the Razer BlackWidows, it would drive everyone crazy). A few people here also brought up the release point of the blue switches being higher than the actuation point by a fraction of a millimeter requiring you to release it fully to ensure a re-actuation.  This was also one of the issues that we had tested extensively internally with our test robots as well as with our pro-gamers and this was addressed as part of our design. The Blues do provide a better switch mechanism for gaming (although it depends on your preference at the end of the day too). Don’t take our word for it, give the Razer BlackWidow a go – you may just realize that you prefer the Blues at the end of the day.

4.   Does the Razer BlackWidow have NKRO?  We were the first in the world to push the limits of anti-ghosting when we released the Razer Tarantula gaming keyboard some 4 years ago, so we know how important this feature is for many gamers. However, we also balance this against the other features that gamers require.  . Razer BlackWidow’s up to 6-key rollover gaming optimized key matrix serves a similar purpose for gamers who need anti-ghosting while using an ordinary USB port (as opposed to a PS/2 port).  In addition, by using a USB connection the Razer BlackWidow is able to provide gamers advanced customization and performance features that are not available using a PS/2 connection, using Razer’s configuration software.

5.   What were the key areas of design/engineering that make the Razer BlackWidow a mechanical gaming keyboard? We spent a lot of time on this – balancing some of the cool features that we wanted to put into the product vs making sure that we didn’t alienate users with a keytop scheme that would be too difficult to just jump into. The biggest challenge was primarily that from the get go – how to design the Razer BlackWidow to be as simple for the new user to use, to ease him into mech keyboards but also to provide the competitive advantage in game play.

Some of the key design features include our shifting of the F-key row from the traditional position to the right – just above the WASD cluster (F1 is above the W key). There are significant gaming ergo benefits to the same. We also included 5 additional gaming keys and did a significant study into the angle of the keytop to the desk surface ratio to ensure a uniform keystroke experience across all the keys during game play. A couple of other things include on-the-fly macro recording, gaming profiles etc, but our focus was to provide as many subtle changes as possible that may not seem evident at first glance but ultimately indispensable after a few hours of use.

6.   Why are the function keys on the Razer BlackWidow shifted slightly more to the right?  Our ergonomics team has made subtle changes to the placement of the keytop – while most of the placement of the keys have been retained to allow gamers to immediately get used to the key locations, we have shifted the F-key row to the right slightly to align the F1 key directly above the W of the WASD home keys. Extensive ergonomics tests have shown that this new alignment will allow faster keypress accuracy for games that require the use of the F-key row. Some slight adjustment will be required.

7.   The Razer BlackWidow must be a cheapass, low quality piece of junk because it costs US$79.99 while other mech keyboards cost at least twice that! I insist on paying twice more! Well, due to the feedback, we have decided to increase the price to US$149.99 for the Razer BlackWidow. :becky:  (just kidding)

We find it really odd anyone can pass judgment on the quality before even getting their hands on one (just saying)–  but the proof is in the pudding – wait for the first couple of reviews that should be out soon or try one out when we release it in the next couple of weeks.  

Seriously, there’s really no reason for mech keyboards to cost a bomb. It just doesn’t make any sense and we didn’t see the need to peg an ultra-high price without any reason for it. The Razer BlackWidow was designed by a group of gamers internally (I was one of them) within Razer that championed the mech switches and we believe in propagating this to as many gamers out there without profiting unfairly off them.

Don’t take our word for it, wait for the reviews or better yet, try it out yourself. We’re big fans of the mechanical keyboard ourselves and we’re looking to get it into as many hands as possible – this is our one chance to make mech keyboard ubiquitous for gaming. The more we make, the better our next mechanical keyboard will be. We believe in this and we welcome as much feedback from the community as possible so that we can make a better product.

To get more updates and new reviews as they are posted, you can join our twitter feed at http://twitter.com/cultofrazer.   Do join our Facebook fansite too at http://www.facebook.com/razer

If you represent an established review site and would like to do a review do reach out to me at jason.ark@razerzone.com.  Kindly include information on your identity and the review website you represent and we’ll try to get you a review unit (no promises).  We’ll try our best to answer every single email but I do have a day job and I’ll do what I can to get back to you if I can!

Offline lmnop

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #259 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 04:38:48 »
oh dear..  remember to use lube on our guest.

Offline lmnop

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #260 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 04:55:38 »
oh dear..  

I do have one question. what is the secondary function on the Pause -- Break key? is it sleep?
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 September 2010, 04:58:47 by lmnop »

Offline Brodie337

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #261 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 05:04:59 »
Thanks for taking the time to join us here.

There are a few things that irk me, though:
2.   What key switch is used in the Razer BlackWidow? To dispel all confusion once and for all – we use the Cherry Blues – and in our design process, we’ve got a pretty strict guideline on sorting of each switch, so it’s not just the Cherry Blues but those with a certain characteristic/tolerance guideline. So…they’re cherry-picked.  I can’t go into the tolerance/sorting guidelines but I can say that it provides for a different experience as opposed to a normal Cherry Blue switch keyboard.

I really don't think there's enough variation in the switches for this to make a bit of noticeable difference. I've typed on 3 keyboards with Cherry Browns, and every single keyswitch felt the same.

Does the "optimized matrix" actually feature NKRO or not? Just about every keyboard is anti ghosting (blocks problem combinations), but does the 6 key limit apply to any six keys on the board?

Thanks,
Brodie.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #262 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 05:10:44 »
I'm a bit confused by that one too. "Optimized" usually means that commonly used combos are treated as special cases, but then the guy said "6 KRO" which would suggest that it's a NKRO keyboard limited by the USB controller.

Offline Brodie337

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #263 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 05:12:45 »
Either way, its good to see that there are some reps that are willing to endure the wrath of us fundamentalist keyboardists...
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 September 2010, 05:16:15 by Brodie337 »

Offline lmnop

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #264 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 05:25:21 »
yeah if he comes back to answer questions... he posted that same message at OCN and probably a couple other forums. the message was clearly written for the average BOO BOO THE FOO which there isn't any here (except me of course) I didn't get anything from his message except sketchy details about the rollover.
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 September 2010, 05:32:00 by lmnop »

Offline instantkamera

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #265 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 06:33:26 »
Quote from: ch_123;219468
but then the guy said "6 KRO" which would suggest that it's a NKRO keyboard limited by the USB controller.

no, he said:

up to 6-key rollover

which would suggest that there are combinations that work fine and are limited by USB, and there are other combinations that **** the bed @ 2-3KRO. Im pretty sure the don't understand that the # of Ks RO is supposed to be the minimum, not any amount of random keys you can push that register.

moar sketch marketing.
Realforce 86UB - Razer Blackwidow - Dell AT101W - IBM model MCST  LtracX - Kensington Orbit - Logitech Trackman wheel opticalAMD PhenomII x6 - 16GB RAM - SSD - RAIDDell U2211H - Spyder3 - Eye One Display 2

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #266 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 07:15:51 »
Oh right. Then he was just spouting marketing BS.

Offline elbowglue

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #267 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 07:17:09 »
My conclusion is that the board is not NKRO, but it should suffice for almost all gaming.  Which is the case with almost all keyboards, even the non-nkro version of the filco, etc etc.
My keyboards: Filco Cherry Blue Tenkeyless(daily home), Compaq MX11800 (modded to blacks), Compaq "MX 84u",  Wellington\'s Dampened Endurapro, Pinkalicious Filco Blue Cherry, Chicony KB-5191, Chicony KB-5181, Desko MOS 5023 UP "elbowglue" spos (modded to blues), Siig Minitouch (monterey blue), SMK-88 (blue cherries), Ricercar SPOS
Smallest to biggest keyboards in inches (Length X Height) - Length is most important for a midline mouse position

KBC Poker: 11.6 x 3.9 - HHKB: 11.6 x 4.3 - Siig Minitouch (Geekhack Space Saver): 11.6 x 6 - Deck/Tg3 82: 12 x 6 - Noppoo Choc Mini 12.4 x 5.3 - Compaq "MX 84u": 13.1 x 7.5 - Filco Tenkeyless: 14 x 5.3 - Cherry "ricercar spos" G86-62410EUAGSA: 14 x 7.75 - Topre Realforce 86u: 14.4 x 6.65 - Desko "elbowglue spos" MOS 5023 UP: 14.5 x 8.4 - IBM Model M Spacesaver: 15.3 x 7 - G80-1800: 15.9 x 7.1 - Adesso MKB-125B: 16 x 7.3 - Compaq Mx11800, Cherry G80-11900: 16.25 x 7.5 - Filco Standard: 17.3 x 5.4 - Unicomp Endurapro: 17.9 x 7.1 - Adesso MKB-135B: 18.3 x 6.0 - Cherry G80-3000: 18.5 x 7.6 - IBM Model M, Unicomp Customizer: 19.3 x 8.27

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #268 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 07:24:12 »
NKRO isn't really a necessity for FPS or RTS gaming, but I wish they said it straight instead of talking nonsense.

Offline Phaedrus2129

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #269 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 08:45:52 »
I think I can talk quite a bit about the build quality, having used its sister keyboard the U9BL. It is after all just that mysterious M10BL with the added macro keys and a Razer logo.
Daily Driver: Noppoo Choc Mini
Currently own: IBM Model M 1391401 1988,  XArmor U9 prototype
Previously owned: Ricercar SPOS, IBM M13 92G7461 1994, XArmor U9BL, XArmor U9W prototype, Cherry G80-8200LPDUS, Cherry G84-4100, Compaq MX-11800, Chicony KB-5181 (SMK Monterey), Reveal KB-7061, Cirque Wave Keyboard (ergonomic rubber domes), NMB RT101 (rubber dome), Dell AT101W

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #270 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 08:49:14 »
Does the UBL9 have the QC issues that the Scorpious has?

Offline Phaedrus2129

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #271 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 08:55:57 »
Quote from: ch_123;219511
Does the UBL9 have the QC issues that the Scorpious has?

Not mine. Excellent soldering. The explanation I was given was that iOne doesn't have much in the way of factory-line QC. They just plug it in, mash some keys to make sure it works, then send it off. The buyer has to provide their own in-depth QC. Presumably that's why the first batch of Adesso MKB boards had terrible build quality, because they weren't thoroughly checked. Now more recent ones are coming up with no or few issues, since they caught on. XArmor told me they do some thorough QC on-site.

I imagine either Razer will fail to do their own QC and the first batch will be crap, or they will do their own QC and everything will be dandy.
Previously owned: Ricercar SPOS, IBM M13 92G7461 1994, XArmor U9BL, XArmor U9W prototype, Cherry G80-8200LPDUS, Cherry G84-4100, Compaq MX-11800, Chicony KB-5181 (SMK Monterey), Reveal KB-7061, Cirque Wave Keyboard (ergonomic rubber domes), NMB RT101 (rubber dome), Dell AT101W

Offline itlnstln

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #272 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 09:02:24 »
Quote from: Razer Marketing Dude
There’s a lot of marketing bull**** and FUD out there about which color is better etc etc.

Real professional.

Offline itlnstln

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #273 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 09:07:23 »
Quote from: Razer Marketing Dude
There’s a lot of marketing bull**** and FUD out there about which color is better etc etc.

Real professional.

Offline itlnstln

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #274 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 09:08:47 »
I was talking about the cursing, but dually noted.

Offline Phaedrus2129

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #275 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 09:16:16 »
Also, that pricing thing. I think they're high. Twice as much as $130 for their backlit version would be $260. I think they're talking about twice as much as $70, which in reality gets you most of the way to a Deck so that point is moot too.

If Razer can sell iOne boards for that cheap so can others, and I know for a fact that Razer won't have a price advantage for long.

Offline jelly

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #276 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 09:52:23 »
Quote from: ripster;219514
I'm glad the rep posted but it did come out like a bunch of doublespeak.

Specific issues that I have ragged on are:

- Up to 6KRO doesn't mean much.  Coming clean and providing a chart like the iRocks gaming board would be nice.

- 1000khz polling rate.  Please don't put it on the features list without backing up benefits.

- Why no Gold USB connector for decreased latency?

OK, OK, I'm keeding about that last one.

Its just 4keys not 6keys. Tried the sample set.

Offline instantkamera

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #277 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 10:30:08 »
Quote from: ripster;219549

Why is this guy dressed up for Nascar?

Cause those colours look cool under a bracklight?
Realforce 86UB - Razer Blackwidow - Dell AT101W - IBM model MCST  LtracX - Kensington Orbit - Logitech Trackman wheel opticalAMD PhenomII x6 - 16GB RAM - SSD - RAIDDell U2211H - Spyder3 - Eye One Display 2

Offline jelly

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #278 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 10:54:41 »
Quote from: ripster;219538
4 keys.  So if I am using CTRL-WDR to reload while crawling diagonally and then radio or chat I may be in trouble.

Bummer.

What was your source of info again?

Tried it at a computer show in Singapore. Razer display the keyboards so went to try it out.

Offline chongyixiong

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #279 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 11:24:43 »
An excerpt from that guy's quote:

4.   Does the Razer BlackWidow have NKRO?
We were the first in the world to push the limits of anti-ghosting when we released the Razer Tarantula gaming keyboard some 4 years ago, so we know how important this feature is for many gamers. However, we also balance this against the other features that gamers require. . Razer BlackWidow’s up to 6-key rollover gaming optimized key matrix serves a similar purpose for gamers who need anti-ghosting while using an ordinary USB port (as opposed to a PS/2 port). In addition, by using a USB connection the Razer BlackWidow is able to provide gamers advanced customization and performance features that are not available using a PS/2 connection, using Razer’s configuration software.

So basically no NKRO, no wonder price is dirt cheap.

7.   The Razer BlackWidow must be a cheapass, low quality piece of junk because it costs US$79.99 while other mech keyboards cost at least twice that! I insist on paying twice more! Well, due to the feedback, we have decided to increase the price to US$149.99 for the Razer BlackWidow.  (just kidding)
...cause you guys didn't put in diodes.

Offline lmnop

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #280 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 12:39:20 »
lol

I used to like braided cables until clown aka whatever his nickname on this forum is posted this picture.

and he is right all they do is fray.

Offline Arc'xer

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #281 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 12:50:24 »
I love braided cables for the fact that not only are they aesthetic but they oddly enough glide better over the desks edge at least for me than the glossy surface of a plastic cable, for mice.

And let's face it many glossy cables look cheap. I like my Filco keyboard and I would love to own a Topre but for the prices. But I wish they would use a high-end sleeving hell maybe even one of those mixed metallic braided sleeves I seen here and there being sold on overpriced cables. For the price you pay 120-300, be nice to have some premiums, hell I wouldn't mind paying extra for them either.

The one thing that bugs me though in particular is the cheaper sleevings which twist up together and somehow stay in that particular shape. Happens with the G500, gotta be real careful when rolling it up and making sure it stays around the mouse or else it just becomes a tangled mess.

Wish they'd use something like this http://en.mdpc-x.com/.

Offline lmnop

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #282 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 12:54:02 »
the best cable I have ever seen was on a pair of headphones made by Plantronics called the Gamecom 377/777 they advertise it as being "military grade" I don't know what that means but the cord is thick, woven and reinforced at both ends. I yanked on a display model several times and ended up hurting my self.

« Last Edit: Fri, 03 September 2010, 13:13:20 by lmnop »

Offline joker

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #283 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 16:18:16 »
Quote from: lmnop;219589
lol

I used to like braided cables until clown aka whatever his nickname on this forum is posted this picture.

Show Image

I don't know what he is doing to his mice, but I have a G9 for about 2 years now and a XAI for 3 months.. and the cables look still perfect...

ah, and my denon headphones (AH-D2000) also have a braided cable... also like new. No problems at all .. maybe he has a rough surface?

Offline lmnop

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #284 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 16:26:41 »
Quote from: joker;219636
I don't know what he is doing to his mice, but I have a G9 for about 2 years now and a XAI for 3 months.. and the cables look still perfect...

ah, and my denon headphones (AH-D2000) also have a braided cable... also like new. No problems at all .. maybe he has a rough surface?

I have owned a steelseries xai since January and I use a mouse bungee. 3 weeks ago I had to burn off some fibers with a lighter.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #285 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 16:49:34 »
My Ikari's cable is a bit thread-bare from where it dangles over the edge of the desk. I have a rather elaborate system where I give it a bit of feed and then loop it around the right leg of my keyboard. That way, the part that is dangling over the edge never moves.

Offline lmnop

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #286 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 17:09:32 »
I couldn't help it lol

Offline elbowglue

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #287 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 17:12:41 »
And with one fell swoop, the utter domination of the weaved mouse cable was defeated.  Rest in peace weaved cable, the weaved cable is dead, long live the weaved cable!

Damn that was pretty funny lmnop. Well played sir.
My keyboards: Filco Cherry Blue Tenkeyless(daily home), Compaq MX11800 (modded to blacks), Compaq "MX 84u",  Wellington\'s Dampened Endurapro, Pinkalicious Filco Blue Cherry, Chicony KB-5191, Chicony KB-5181, Desko MOS 5023 UP "elbowglue" spos (modded to blues), Siig Minitouch (monterey blue), SMK-88 (blue cherries), Ricercar SPOS
Smallest to biggest keyboards in inches (Length X Height) - Length is most important for a midline mouse position

KBC Poker: 11.6 x 3.9 - HHKB: 11.6 x 4.3 - Siig Minitouch (Geekhack Space Saver): 11.6 x 6 - Deck/Tg3 82: 12 x 6 - Noppoo Choc Mini 12.4 x 5.3 - Compaq "MX 84u": 13.1 x 7.5 - Filco Tenkeyless: 14 x 5.3 - Cherry "ricercar spos" G86-62410EUAGSA: 14 x 7.75 - Topre Realforce 86u: 14.4 x 6.65 - Desko "elbowglue spos" MOS 5023 UP: 14.5 x 8.4 - IBM Model M Spacesaver: 15.3 x 7 - G80-1800: 15.9 x 7.1 - Adesso MKB-125B: 16 x 7.3 - Compaq Mx11800, Cherry G80-11900: 16.25 x 7.5 - Filco Standard: 17.3 x 5.4 - Unicomp Endurapro: 17.9 x 7.1 - Adesso MKB-135B: 18.3 x 6.0 - Cherry G80-3000: 18.5 x 7.6 - IBM Model M, Unicomp Customizer: 19.3 x 8.27

Offline erricrice

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #288 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 17:30:31 »

And once again ripster, you have somehow taken it back to the switch poll.  I applaud you.

(I was the sucker that vote Black ALPS by the way.....)
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 September 2010, 17:32:41 by erricrice »
I\'m selling all my Shizz! Please buy it!

White ALPS: Northgate Omnikey 101-NCS(Real-Complicated)****Filco Zero FKBN87Z/EB(Fukka Simplifieds)****Siig MiniTouch(XM Simplifieds)
Black ALPS: Black Dell AT-101W(Real-Complicated)****ABS M1(Modded Black ALPS, Linear)
Buckling Spring: Model M 1391401(1988 & 1993)
Cherry Blues: DAS III Pro
Cherry Blacks: Cherry G80-11900
Cherry Browns: 3X Cherry G80-8113LRCUS-2
Cherry MY: G81-7000HPBUS-2****G81-3000LANUS-0****Modded to 20g
Rubber Dome: HHKB Lite 2 (White & Black)

Logitech G5[/FONT]
Erricrice\'s Song of the Day: Gorillaz - El Mańana
Yup, Blatantly stealing this from you Kishy, hope you don\'t mind, it\'s a great idea.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #289 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 17:44:12 »

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #290 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 17:50:28 »
Interesting keyboard. One of the only "gaming" keyboards I've seen without a retarded layout.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #291 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 17:52:02 »
Quote from: lmnop;219589
lol

Show Image

I like my dirty gray plastic cables.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline lmnop

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #292 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 17:55:23 »
you can pre-order now. I think they will be released September 21st. isn't it $129?

Offline lmnop

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #293 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 18:05:46 »
clackhead has the cutest nickname.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #294 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 18:50:13 »
You can scrape the rest of the key off... which is worse? :P

Offline celery

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #295 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 18:51:37 »
Quote from: Razer|Ark;219462
OMFG/WTF/etc WHY THE BLUES INSTEAD OF THE [Insert your favorite color switch here] First up, they all cost almost the same – blues, blacks, reds, etc and we had tested all of the switches with multiple designs.

I'm assuming this means that Cherry charges the same for for all its MX switches? That's interesting...

Offline lmnop

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #296 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 18:53:36 »
are they lasered out like the i-Rocks KR-6820?

Offline ClackHead

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #297 on: Fri, 03 September 2010, 21:33:39 »
Quote from: lmnop;219670
clackhead has the cutest nickname.

The things I do to for clack ... I tell ya.

Filco Majestouch TKL MXBlue

Offline Bullveyr

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #298 on: Sat, 04 September 2010, 13:18:02 »
Quote from: lmnop;219638
I have owned a steelseries xai since January and I use a mouse bungee. 3 weeks ago I had to burn off some fibers with a lighter.
I have my Xai since August last year, the cable still looks like new (SS cord holder), best cable I ever had on a mouse, didn't have a problem with the Ikari, which I used before, either.

Offline Bullveyr

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #299 on: Sat, 04 September 2010, 13:33:17 »
On keyboards it's useless but imho not on mice.