Author Topic: [IC] SA SAIL (GB Live!)  (Read 61276 times)

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
Re: [IC] SA SAIL (March 2020 - Deskpad Renders Posted)
« Reply #150 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 00:57:53 »
Any chance of a 3u bar in the split bar kit?

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #151 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 07:28:35 »

What layout is that for? Minila?

Offline Ealdin

« Reply #152 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 20:10:40 »
My first SA set, here we go! I'm definitely in.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #153 on: Fri, 21 February 2020, 02:01:54 »

Sorry for late response. Didn't know you had replied.

It's not for Minila, at least not for me, but I know a few split boards that use it, and I've also talked with a few designers that would have incorporated it into their board's layout if 3u bars were more prevalent. It's sorta a chicken and egg kind of thing and def. niche, but considering how small the split bar kit is, I don't think it will add too much to the cost.

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
Re: [IC] SA SAIL (Exact Dates, Final Kits, Pricing!)
« Reply #154 on: Fri, 21 February 2020, 20:21:19 »
Hi guys,

Here with my final update before the GB launches. First of all, the exact dates will be March 1-27!

Second, I've decided to split up the Ortho/40s kit into Ortho and 40s Extension kits for a couple reasons...1) the kit I based the combined Ortho/40s kit on failed in its GB (SA Sunday Morning) and 2) I thought it would be a nice way to reward all the ortho users (who really showed up in the IC form). To accommodate this unfortunately, the Split B-ars kit has been replaced with a small 40s Extension kit, so 40s users will need to purchase Alphas+Modifiers+40s Extension for coverage. I feel like this isn't the worst thing because I think many 40s users are not wholly committed to 40s exclusively, whereas I don't think the same can be said of ortho users. To those that wanted the Split B-ars kit, rest assured that all the keys in that kit are in the 40s Extension kit, you just have to pay a little more unfortunately. Also, someone on Reddit pointed out that if I'm adding ergo blanks, I shouldn't be afraid of blanks in the ISO kit, so I added a couple and moved the ∑ keys from the Alphas into the Maths kit with the rest of the novelties (Alphas were coming in a bit high on pricing). Below are the final kits:

Note on the Alphas: I have made a few minor corrections to some of the legends that mainly had to do with symmetry and alignment. For example, the ∂ symbol was leaning too far left and has been uprighted.

Also, per a request I received, I had a render made of a board with a numpad, the KBD19X:

Finally, below is the pricing table with MOQs for the various vendors:

« Last Edit: Sat, 22 February 2020, 21:31:52 by Fredington »

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #155 on: Fri, 21 February 2020, 20:21:42 »

Sorry for late response. Didn't know you had replied.

It's not for Minila, at least not for me, but I know a few split boards that use it, and I've also talked with a few designers that would have incorporated it into their board's layout if 3u bars were more prevalent. It's sorta a chicken and egg kind of thing and def. niche, but considering how small the split bar kit is, I don't think it will add too much to the cost.

Sorry we couldn't get it done this time!

Offline dr_unconscionable

• [sqeleton]
« Reply #156 on: Sat, 22 February 2020, 15:07:32 »
Liking the kit updates, liking the Canadian proxy, and still loving the set! Looking forward to the GB!

Offline enrique.aliaga

« Reply #157 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 21:54:27 »
Awesome! I’m ready to join.

Quick question: I’m based in South America. Should I order from NovelKeys (the NA vendor) or iLumKB (the Asian vendor). I’ve purchased stuff from both vendors before, FWIW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #158 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 07:00:55 »
Awesome! I’m ready to join.

Quick question: I’m based in South America. Should I order from NovelKeys (the NA vendor) or iLumKB (the Asian vendor). I’ve purchased stuff from both vendors before, FWIW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that's a question for the vendors. Maybe see which one would be cheaper shipped to your country? Perhaps you can also consider DailyClack, as they can also service international orders.

Offline trashpanda

« Reply #159 on: Wed, 26 February 2020, 18:24:49 »
hey... looking forward to this set. just FYI the group buy page up at Desk Hero has out of date kit photos.  you'll wanna get those updated before this goes live so everyone knows what exactly they're getting.

https://www.deskhero.ca/collections/keycap-sets/products/sa-sail

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #160 on: Wed, 26 February 2020, 19:00:53 »
hey... looking forward to this set. just FYI the group buy page up at Desk Hero has out of date kit photos.  you'll wanna get those updated before this goes live so everyone knows what exactly they're getting.

https://www.deskhero.ca/collections/keycap-sets/products/sa-sail

Thanks for the heads up. I've let him know.

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
Re: [IC] SA SAIL (Small numpad update - GB live in 2 days!)
« Reply #161 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 08:31:37 »
Small update before we're live...

I've decided to change NUM LOCK to simply NUM. Apologies to all the Num Lock lovers out there.

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
Re: [IC] SA SAIL (GB Live!)
« Reply #162 on: Sun, 01 March 2020, 08:32:13 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 September 2020, 13:05:40 by Fredington »