Author Topic: Adapting Olivetti ANK 2502 to PS/2 or USB  (Read 6455 times)

Offline oxidized

Adapting Olivetti ANK 2502 to PS/2 or USB
« on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 10:10:42 »
Hello everyone, i recently came in possession of an old Olivetti ANK 2502 (similar to a 25-102), apparently it's an olivetti m240/280's keyboard. Unfortunately the cable hasn't got the pc plug, it only has the keyboard plug so i don't know whether it uses an AT, XT or Serial plug on the other end, but i'd say either an AT or a Serial plug. Rubber/mech keyswitches, Double-shot injection molding keycaps, so what i want to do is, make it work on my computer, but i'm not sure the keyboard works itself cause, i retrieved it into my old school, and it was among other old electronic stuff, pc, etc...

I tried soldering a PS/2 connector to the other end on the cable, i checked all the connections, i'm pretty sure i connected in the right way, VCC and GND, since if i plug it into the pc, the LEDs turn on, but it's all that happens, no response from pc or keyboard, i checked if all the ICs and the uC (an old intel D8749H) get supplied, and they all do, i checked if all the resistors work, and if the electrolytic cap is ok, and everything seems fine, so i'm pretty sure it's all about the Data cables. The plug has 6 wires (5 used), 1 is VCC, 1 is GND, there's another GND wire for some reason, so only 2 left, i suppose both for keyboard control, i tried connecting them both to clock and data, nothing seems to change.

Red: VCC
Green: control (clock? data?)
Yellow: control (clock? data?)
White: GND
Blue: GND

Could be possible that the keyboard is supplied with 12V but i'm not sure, i checked all the datasheets, and except one that should be supplied at 7V, the others are all 5V.
Any idea?

more pics: http://imgur.com/a/70WYZ

Offline pasph

"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline oxidized

Offline pasph

Re: Adapting Olivetti ANK 2502 to PS/2 or USB
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 10:41:01 »
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline oxidized

Offline oxidized

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 11:16:35 »
any other tip?  :-[

Offline pevalcas

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 08:13:02 »
Hello,

I sent you a PM. Are you Italian?

Ciao, Vincent.