Author Topic: [IC] MIAMI DOLCH - DSA [DROPS MAY 1ST]  (Read 113829 times)

Offline MacGruber117

Re: [IC] MIAMI DOLCH - DSA Keyset (Updated 06.02.16 Render added!)
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 06:07:10 »
That looks awesome! Will you consider GMK?

Right now I think I'm going to stick with the original idea and go with DSA, but maybe in the future?
I want to buy your ETF and Garbo Pusses. PM me

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #101 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 10:09:06 »
I apologize if this has been answered already, but do you know how you will run the GB and about how much it will cost?

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 10:16:29 »
Seems pretty attractive to all the salty losers in the Miami nights buy.
 :))

Did you just call a bunch of people that were scammed out of their hard-earned money a bunch of "salty losers"?

I sonehow don't think you would feel the same way if you were the one in their shoes getting scammed.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline MacGruber117

« Reply #103 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 10:39:45 »
I apologize if this has been answered already, but do you know how you will run the GB and about how much it will cost?

I'm hoping to run it thru Massdrop, but I don't have any of the details worked out yet

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #104 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 10:55:56 »

I'm hoping to run it thru Massdrop, but I don't have any of the details worked out yet

I think Signature Plastics (2016) will only run group buys for Massdrop. GMK seems to be edging towards that resolution as well afaik.

Offline juahenza

• DoSmallThingswithGreatLove
« Reply #105 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 11:10:53 »
love the colors and wont mind another set of dsa! Just curious about the fonts because they look pressed vertically. Are the fonts final?
456GT | TGR Jane CE | Dolphin v2 | Whale | 360c | LZ FE | LZ IRON | TX-CP | Varmilo VA87M | HHKB P2 | IBM SSK P.1397681| IBM Industrial SSK P.1395682 | VE.A | Realforce 87u | Datamancer Streamline TKL | Datamancer Mechinist TKL | TANK v1 | RAMA M-4 | Realforce 108UW-HIPRO

Offline MacGruber117

« Reply #106 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 14:07:25 »
No I just used whatever the default was on KLE. I'll have to see if I can figure out how to change it, the font in the render is different, gothem or Gothic rounded I can't remember exactly

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #107 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 14:09:16 »

Thanks for the quick reply. This is quickly turning into a must buy for me!

Offline MacGruber117

« Reply #108 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 16:24:37 »

Thanks for the quick reply. This is quickly turning into a must buy for me!

Glad to hear it, thanks for the support :D

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #109 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 18:20:46 »
Oh, and I'm not sure if I missed it but for the nonstandard kit would there need to be a second left shift for leopold and clueboard users?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #110 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 18:31:55 »
Just a heads up on an small detail: The [4$] key in the ISO kit is redundant with the same key included in the base set, if it is an intentional feature just dismiss the comment.

Offline MacGruber117

« Reply #111 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 18:48:12 »
Oh, and I'm not sure if I missed it but for the nonstandard kit would there need to be a second left shift for leopold and clueboard users?

Uhhh, I'm not sure would there be? What size would it need to be?

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #112 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 19:05:20 »

Uhhh, I'm not sure would there be? What size would it need to be?

It would be a 2.25u shift key. I don't personally need it but if it's missing you'll end up with a few people with threads wanting to buy that extra key lol

Offline StarPupil

« Reply #113 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 19:36:16 »
In favor of getting rid of the Orange and Green novelties, but I think that the Blue/Pink on Grey ones should stay. And I do think you should stop with the novelties at some point, but it's loads of fun so far. Perhaps add in a champagne glass like in the original set. ;)
But yeah, this is shaping up to be a must buy for me as well.

Offline StarPupil

« Reply #114 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 19:53:14 »
You have duplicate keys in the Planck kit. The 'Up' 'Down' 'Left' 'Right' keys are in the main set, as is the Escape key (several times). Hana DSA has a pretty good Planck/Atomic kit (https://www.massdrop.com/buy/hana-dsa-custom-keycap-set), but this particular criticism doesn't quite apply to that one because its base kit has differently-styled arrow keys than the Planck/Atomic kit. If you added in the keys from it that are missing from yours that you should have (backslash, capslock, 2u enter and shift) and took out the redundant keys (arrow keys, esc) while adding things like the different colored 2u keys like you already have (and maybe some novelties, 1u or 2u), it would be just fine for a Planck/Atomic/Preonic kit.

Offline grav3serker

• graves + berserker = grav3serker
« Reply #115 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 20:32:42 »
How about the sunglasses too. It's no fun in the sun without some shades!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Offline Corusco

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 06 June 2016, 02:07:57 »
Quick heads up that the Ergodox kit still needs the 1u keys for the bottom row and thumb cluster. Might want to throw in an extra pair of 1.5u blanks (colored or black) as well.

Offline MacGruber117

« Reply #117 on: Mon, 06 June 2016, 06:30:04 »
Quick heads up that the Ergodox kit still needs the 1u keys for the bottom row and thumb cluster. Might want to throw in an extra pair of 1.5u blanks (colored or black) as well.

The 1u keys would be covered by the non standard kit and the arrow keys included in the base bit. Do you think with all of these blank keys I should just create a blank kit?

Offline zcmy

• I really should be working... not "working"
« Reply #118 on: Mon, 06 June 2016, 07:35:06 »
Colour me interested.

Offline Corusco

« Reply #119 on: Mon, 06 June 2016, 12:51:42 »

The 1u keys would be covered by the non standard kit and the arrow keys included in the base bit. Do you think with all of these blank keys I should just create a blank kit?

Sorry, I forgot you had addressed this earlier when you posted up your image of keys crossed out. 

Speaking strictly for myself, I'd like to see a blanks pack with both black and colored keys, but I know they've been a hard sell in some buys in the past and haven't met minimums. The novelty set might satisfy some of my preference for keys without specific function labels depending on the price. Right now it's looking like it'll end up north of $40, and with the need to purchase the base kit, ergodox kit, and non-standard kit, I don't think I would spring for a novelty set and end up $200 in with something like 70 unused keys.

With all this said, I totally understand the frustration in trying to support so many different configurations and preferences, and don't expect you to change things for me.  I'm strictly here to be a voice for options and a vote.

Offline StarPupil

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 06 June 2016, 15:12:48 »

Sorry, I forgot you had addressed this earlier when you posted up your image of keys crossed out. 

Speaking strictly for myself, I'd like to see a blanks pack with both black and colored keys, but I know they've been a hard sell in some buys in the past and haven't met minimums. The novelty set might satisfy some of my preference for keys without specific function labels depending on the price. Right now it's looking like it'll end up north of $40, and with the need to purchase the base kit, ergodox kit, and non-standard kit, I don't think I would spring for a novelty set and end up $200 in with something like 70 unused keys.

With all this said, I totally understand the frustration in trying to support so many different configurations and preferences, and don't expect you to change things for me.  I'm strictly here to be a voice for options and a vote.

That actually brings up something I forgot about. The Ergodox could use one or two 1u 'Ctrl' keys and one or two 1u 'Alt' keys, as the base kit doesn't have either. And I'd agree that at the moment is enough for 1u random keys, so the blank kit may not be necessary. But then again again, the novelty keys don't have any other size options, so there may need to be a blank kit. Either way, there are some potentially hard decisions to be made.

Offline StarPupil

« Reply #121 on: Mon, 06 June 2016, 21:12:40 »

I really dislike that the 1u ctrl and alt keys are in the non-standard kit. I kind of feel like the base kit + Ergodox should fill an Ergodox, or at least some of the most common placements for many keys. Then again, I'm probably going to buy the Novelties as well, so that should cover the missing keys, but this is pretty disappointing.

Offline alveeno

« Reply #122 on: Mon, 06 June 2016, 23:24:36 »
I'd buy this <3 liking the colors

Offline Abefyren

« Reply #123 on: Tue, 07 June 2016, 03:23:00 »
Really liking the theme!

Offline MacGruber117

« Reply #124 on: Tue, 07 June 2016, 07:22:28 »

I really dislike that the 1u ctrl and alt keys are in the non-standard kit. I kind of feel like the base kit + Ergodox should fill an Ergodox, or at least some of the most common placements for many keys. Then again, I'm probably going to buy the Novelties as well, so that should cover the missing keys, but this is pretty disappointing.

I'm going to take another look at the Ergodox Kit, I knew one update wasn't going to solve all of the problems. I want this kit to be more than just a bunch of blanks and it's going to require a closer look. I appreciate the feedback, please make sure to comment again once it's updated. Thanks!

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #125 on: Tue, 07 June 2016, 12:04:34 »
Any chance you can add the light gray (space-bar) in 2u and 2.75u to the non-standard kit? Then it will fit the VE.A

Offline MacGruber117

« Reply #126 on: Tue, 07 June 2016, 13:16:15 »
Any chance you can add the light gray (space-bar) in 2u and 2.75u to the non-standard kit? Then it will fit the VE.A

I certainly can! I could either put these in the non standard kit or I've been considering a blank kit. I'm not familiar with the VE.A layout, are there any other non standard keys?

Edit: Wow that is one hell of a board, a split 75% with macro keys. Maybe I should add a macro kit?
Edit Edit: OR...I could make a VE.A kit that has the weird spacebars and the 10 macros?
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 June 2016, 13:37:57 by MacGruber117 »

Offline StarPupil

« Reply #127 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 20:55:13 »

I'm going to take another look at the Ergodox Kit, I knew one update wasn't going to solve all of the problems. I want this kit to be more than just a bunch of blanks and it's going to require a closer look. I appreciate the feedback, please make sure to comment again once it's updated. Thanks!

Will do! I love the set so far, and want to help you make as much of it as great as possible. And I agree that the non-normal keyboards shouldn't just be a bunch of blanks, because that would make them lose a lot of what makes this set awesome. But there should probably be some blanks, as there are always some layouts that get left behind.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 09 June 2016, 00:14:28 »
Edit Edit: OR...I could make a VE.A kit that has the weird spacebars and the 10 macros?

That's your call - I got 10 relegendables from PMK in black (NN) that I plan on using for macro keys on it but I certainly won't complain if macro keys are included.

Offline MacGruber117

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 09 June 2016, 09:03:09 »

That's your call - I got 10 relegendables from PMK in black (NN) that I plan on using for macro keys on it but I certainly won't complain if macro keys are included.

I've PMd the person running the VE.A interest check. We'll see how many people are planning on participating and if a special kit would be worthwhile.   

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 09 June 2016, 16:01:52 »

I've PMd the person running the VE.A interest check. We'll see how many people are planning on participating and if a special kit would be worthwhile.

It was on Massdrop most recently:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/ve-a

Unfortunately I don't remember what the originally advertised discount was, in order to take the $5450 savings MD claims and turn it into units sold. Seems like it was something on the order of $100 which would be 54 kits. Actually found the pricing: Actual of $399.99 against "MSRP" of $449.99, so it was a "savings" of $50/keyboard which makes the drop 109 units.
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 June 2016, 22:17:45 by TerryMathews »

Offline Data

« Reply #131 on: Fri, 10 June 2016, 13:45:49 »
It shows 108 on my account feed.

Offline MacGruber117

« Reply #132 on: Fri, 10 June 2016, 15:12:26 »
Yeah in my next update I'm going to add a Macro/VE.A Kit that will have 10 macro keys and the 2 spacebars. I'm guessing there are other boards that could use the macros too so not a bad kit to have.

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #133 on: Fri, 10 June 2016, 16:22:51 »
Wow first time coming across this thread but the colorways look great! I love that it is a 4-tone set  and DSA as well  :thumb:

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #134 on: Sat, 11 June 2016, 07:34:54 »

Show Image

Damn that's a beautiful board. Can't wait for mine to get here.

Offline StarPupil

« Reply #135 on: Sat, 11 June 2016, 16:07:06 »

Show Image

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the drop failed. So you may be waiting awhile. Or perhaps you bought it some other way?

Offline StarPupil

« Reply #136 on: Sat, 11 June 2016, 16:14:49 »
Another quick question for you: Why is there a 7u spacebar in the base kit? All WKL kits (Which are pretty much the only people who would use one) will need the Non-standard kit for the 1.5u Control and Alt keys. So wouldn't it go in the Non-standard kit? The only DSA set that includes the 7u spacebar in the base kit is DSA Dolch, and they include all of the WKL bottom row in there as well. I'd advise against that, as it would drive the cost up.

Offline MacGruber117

« Reply #137 on: Sat, 11 June 2016, 17:56:15 »
Another quick question for you: Why is there a 7u spacebar in the base kit? All WKL kits (Which are pretty much the only people who would use one) will need the Non-standard kit for the 1.5u Control and Alt keys. So wouldn't it go in the Non-standard kit? The only DSA set that includes the 7u spacebar in the base kit is DSA Dolch, and they include all of the WKL bottom row in there as well. I'd advise against that, as it would drive the cost up.

It's actually a 6.5u space bar and in the new layouts I have for the next update it will just be available for purchase separately like most other drops

Offline robotmaxtron

Re: [IC] MIAMI DOLCH - DSA Keyset (Updated 06.11.16 NEW KITS ADDED)
« Reply #138 on: Sat, 11 June 2016, 20:05:29 »
Loving the Windows Kit. I was pretty hesitant due to how much I like DCS profile but I've come around. Really excited for the GB. +1

Offline crovax3000

« Reply #139 on: Sat, 11 June 2016, 22:41:57 »
I'm going to spend so much money on this gb.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #140 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 02:33:01 »

Show Image

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the drop failed. So you may be waiting awhile. Or perhaps you bought it some other way?

You are mistaken.

Offline StarPupil

« Reply #141 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 10:18:46 »
Really loving the new sets! I'll need to look through the new iterations of the Ergodox and Planck kits, but so far they look really nice. Loving the Windows kit, and I'll probably pick one up. I like that you removed all of the "classic" Miami colored keys from their respective kits to put them all in one. This should cut down on wasted and duplicate keys. Also like that you split the accent kit from the bonus kit. I don't have a keyboard with macros, but I'm sure those who do will be thanking you for the Macro kit. The Novelty kit groweth! Thank you for removing the orange and green ones. But yeah, good set, I will be buying it.

Offline Jesse36m3

« Reply #142 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 12:50:07 »
This looks dope.

I am going to buy the **** out of that ErgoDox kit.

Thank you for taking the time.

Offline biocalves

« Reply #143 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 22:16:02 »
Yeah in my next update I'm going to add a Macro/VE.A Kit that will have 10 macro keys and the 2 spacebars. I'm guessing there are other boards that could use the macros too so not a bad kit to have.

Would adding the accent colors to the spacebars on the Macro/VE.A kit cost too much? Would like to see that if possible.

Offline Zorox

• Tactile FTW <3
« Reply #144 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 04:49:20 »
Long time no see a nice DSA set like this ^^

Offline MacGruber117

« Reply #145 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 11:49:46 »

Would adding the accent colors to the spacebars on the Macro/VE.A kit cost too much? Would like to see that if possible.

Since the Macro Kit could potentially be used by people who don't have the VE.A and won't need those keys I don't think I'll add them to that kit. I'm already making them buy 2 keys they wouldn't need and I don't want to add 4 more. What I can do is make more Alt Spacebar Kits and include one with the VE.A spacebars

Offline biocalves

« Reply #146 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 11:56:51 »

Since the Macro Kit could potentially be used by people who don't have the VE.A and won't need those keys I don't think I'll add them to that kit. I'm already making them buy 2 keys they wouldn't need and I don't want to add 4 more. What I can do is make more Alt Spacebar Kits and include one with the VE.A spacebars

:thumb:

Offline MacGruber117

« Reply #147 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 12:50:57 »

:thumb:

I think I forgot to put it in my post but which color macros would you prefer? I have them in black on pink and blue on gray. Do you like one more than the other?

Edit: This is an open question to everyone btw

Offline MacGruber117

Re: [IC] MIAMI DOLCH - DSA Keyset (06.17.16 POLL ADDED!!!)
« Reply #148 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 12:41:04 »
Take my poll please :-*

Offline TerryMathews

Re: [IC] MIAMI DOLCH - DSA Keyset (06.17.16 POLL ADDED!!!)
« Reply #149 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 21:50:27 »
Take my poll please :-*

The pole has been taken...  :eek: