Author Topic: [IC]Revo HHKB layout kit  (Read 125432 times)

Offline ambalek

• Pizza tonight/Threat neutralized
Re: [IC]Revo HHKB layout kit
« Reply #150 on: Sat, 10 December 2016, 18:24:26 »
I feel like I've been waiting forever for a HHKB style MX case like this...  :thumb:

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #151 on: Sat, 10 December 2016, 20:12:01 »
Is black going to be one of the possible ano colors?
Yes,black definitely in.

Offline poolside

« Reply #152 on: Sun, 11 December 2016, 06:47:53 »
Could an alternative polycarbonate plate be an option for this kit?

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #153 on: Sun, 11 December 2016, 07:10:46 »
I can open source the file for the plate so that you can do it yourself. I don't want do it. haha  i do offer PC plate for Dr.D tkl keyboard,and it only sell 7 pcs. So, i am not gonna do that in this GB. ;D

Offline poolside

« Reply #154 on: Sun, 11 December 2016, 08:45:21 »
I can open source the file for the plate so that you can do it yourself. I don't want do it. haha  i do offer PC plate for Dr.D tkl keyboard,and it only sell 7 pcs. So, i am not gonna do that in this GB. ;D

Glad I got one in the Dr.D GB then. Releasing the plate file could be great  :)

Offline nemo_gh

« Reply #155 on: Sun, 11 December 2016, 20:57:45 »
nice, can it order now?

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #156 on: Sun, 11 December 2016, 21:26:48 »
nice, can it order now?
Nah,you have to wait for GroupBuy. This is just interest check. If enough people want this we can move forward and start GB. ;D

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #157 on: Sun, 11 December 2016, 21:28:55 »
nice, can it order now?
Nah,you have to wait for GroupBuy. This is just interest check. If enough people want this we can move forward and start GB. ;D

groupbuy when?
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #158 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 07:47:59 »
nice, can it order now?

groupbuy when?
Not sure yet,there is still something i have to figure out. I am thinking start GB in the end of this month or early Jan.

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #159 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 08:19:17 »
nice, can it order now?

groupbuy when?
Not sure yet,there is still something i have to figure out. I am thinking start GB in the end of this month or early Jan.

Can't wait!

Will there be a limited number available during the GB?  If so, will it be first come, first served, or will it be raffle style?

Offline wodan

« Reply #160 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 08:26:47 »
Just please NO raffle style ...

FCFS will also create drama.

If you ask me, the best way to do it is create a GB thread, wait between 3 minutes and 3 days for approval and then publish a limited time period during which you take orders at least 24h ahead of time. Serve all orders taken during that limited time frame.

I don't see anyone being able to complain about that mode. If you make the order window really small ... like 15 minutes  ... some people might have to set an alarm to get their order in but anyone who REALLY wants this will have a FAIR chance of getting it. Follow GH closely and not miss anything ...

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #161 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 08:39:27 »

If you ask me, the best way to do it is create a GB thread, wait between 3 minutes and 3 days for approval and then publish a limited time period during which you take orders at least 24h ahead of time. Serve all orders taken during that limited time frame.

I don't see anyone being able to complain about that mode. If you make the order window really small ... like 15 minutes  ... some people might have to set an alarm to get their order in but anyone who REALLY wants this will have a FAIR chance of getting it. Follow GH closely and not miss anything ...

Raffle seems fine as long as we know ahead of time. Are you not a fan of how artisan raffles are done as well?

And if it isn't raffle or fcfs then how else could it be run? If there is a limited amount of units that are sold in a limited time window, is that not fcfs?

No matter how you slice it someone is gonna be unhappy about how it's run.

I don't see this being nearly as limited as some recent sales though, so I dont think raffle is a posibility.

Offline wodan

« Reply #162 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 08:46:15 »
Raffle seems fine as long as we know ahead of time. Are you not a fan of how artisan raffles are done as well?

And if it isn't raffle or fcfs then how else could it be run? If there is a limited amount of units that are sold in a limited time window, is that not fcfs?

I don't see this being nearly as limited as some recent sales though, so I dont think raffle is a posibility.

Well since it's not going to be super limited, leaving orders open for a short time window should work. If that doesn't give enough orders, leave it open a little longer :)

I've just seen a few disapointed dudes with the random-approval FCFS GBs lately. Letting everybody know ahead of time precisely when orders are going to open would be really cool. Those who really been following this thread closely and know they want one can get in and for everyone else it's probably a little bit of luck

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #163 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 08:53:38 »
nice, can it order now?

groupbuy when?

Can't wait!

Will there be a limited number available during the GB?  If so, will it be first come, first served, or will it be raffle style?

No limited number. I don't like drama so i would run it the old fashion way. I will have at least couple of days for people to decide. Just put in order in GB time period.

Its just take longer lead time if i have too many orders. But let's not get to there first. I will make sure you can order one if you want to.

And this time i am thinking to post the status of each buyers. Will people like this?

Offline wodan

« Reply #164 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 08:56:13 »
YES ! People want to see the nickname of the buyers and then call them out on IRC ;)

Elton does it all the time and I never seen anyone complain.

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #165 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 08:57:55 »
nice, can it order now?

groupbuy when?

Can't wait!

No limited number. I don't like drama so i would run it the old fashion way. I will have at least couple of days for people to decide. Just put in order in GB time period.

Its just take longer lead time if i have too many orders. But let's not get to there first. I will make sure you can order one if you want to.

And this time i am thinking to post the status of each buyers. Will people like this?

Please, asking if posting tailored updates will make people happy. I think people prefer being left in the dark for months and not have a clue what is happening /s

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #166 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 08:59:46 »

I like what you said about this. I will have accurate time within one week. I am little busy with day job. This will happen soon. My plan is IC for 3 weeks and then GB for 1 week. I'll take as many order as i can. When we finish GB i'll post next IC. I have several plans waiting. :D

Offline 0.01

« Reply #167 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 09:01:42 »
It's really beautiful.

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #168 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 09:02:28 »

Please, asking if posting tailored updates will make people happy. I think people prefer being left in the dark for months and not have a clue what is happening /s
I got it now, it's just we have different culture. I am getting used to it.  Give me time,i can do better. haha ;D

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #169 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 09:02:45 »
It's really beautiful.
Well,thank you :)

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #170 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 09:07:34 »

I got it now, it's just we have different culture. I am getting used to it.  Give me time,i can do better. haha ;D

You may have misunderstood haha, me putting /s means I was being sarcastic :) everyone loves when people running buys communicate well

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #171 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 09:08:05 »

I am not doing artisan ,so i won't need raffles at all.

You are right about someone is gonna be unhappy about the way how it sales,so i am just gonna do it my way.  :p

Offline wodan

« Reply #172 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 09:10:26 »
Okay VERY glad this won't be a super limited edition. Hope you are really prepared for A LOT of orders. I'll do my best to order quickly, I can really see this run into some kind of limit/batches

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #173 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 09:14:33 »

You may have misunderstood haha, me putting /s means I was being sarcastic :) everyone loves when people running buys communicate well
I do understand you perfectly,i just don't use the word like sarcasm.It's just sound too harsh.

I asked just because i don't like that personally so i didn't do it the first time,but i have seen some post and people seem to love it.

Thanks for your input anyway. It's good to know. :)

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #174 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 09:17:57 »
Okay VERY glad this won't be a super limited edition. Hope you are really prepared for A LOT of orders. I'll do my best to order quickly, I can really see this run into some kind of limit/batches
Well, it would make me so happy if that happens. Anyway, the more you guys ordered,the lower the price will be. I will have different price for different orders. :)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #175 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 09:25:03 »
Is there a rough idea on pricing? Should save some for this.

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #176 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 09:25:18 »
Well, it would make me so happy if that happens. Anyway, the more you guys ordered,the lower the price will be. I will have different price for different orders. :)

Sounds great!  I like everything I'm reading in this thread.  Thanks for all of the updates and answers!

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #177 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 09:29:38 »
Is there a rough idea on pricing? Should save some for this.
I am trying to make it 350 usd or lower. Now it's somewhere around 370 usd. I am still trying to get the price down.

Offline lishi

• Luxury Taste Buds
    • Personal Website
« Reply #178 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 09:33:04 »
What's the PCB support going to be like?
All the kustom 60s

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #179 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 09:34:21 »

Sounds great!  I like everything I'm reading in this thread.  Thanks for all of the updates and answers!
I am so glad that i make you happy :)

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #180 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 09:36:07 »
eh...It's hard for me to describe it . Well, you have to use 7u spacebar. you can split shift and backspacs, it support ISO. I'll make a render when i have time.

Offline lishi

• Luxury Taste Buds
    • Personal Website
« Reply #181 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 09:41:04 »
eh...It's hard for me to describe it . Well, you have to use 7u spacebar. you can split shift and backspacs, it support ISO. I'll make a render when i have time.

So custom PCB only? No support for universal 60% pcb like b.face, b.fake, gh60, etc?
All the kustom 60s

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #182 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 09:46:17 »

So custom PCB only? No support for universal 60% pcb like b.face, b.fake, gh60, etc?
I didn't get it before. It support universal pcb. I will likely to use b.fake. It is easy to get in China and i will custom made some good quality ones.

Offline lishi

• Luxury Taste Buds
    • Personal Website
« Reply #183 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 09:49:04 »

I didn't get it before. It support universal pcb. I will likely to use b.fake. It is easy to get in China and i will custom made some good quality ones.

Very nice!! Thanks for the info, very much looking forward to the groupbuy  :thumb:
All the kustom 60s

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #184 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 14:50:31 »
Is it possible to use a cheaper annodization factory to cut down on the cost?

I love the sample colors, but I can imagine a chunk of the cost results from using the higher quality factories.

Also, could the bottom of the case get those small indents for bumper feet?

Offline wodan

« Reply #185 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 15:02:05 »

I love the sample colors, but I can imagine a chunk of the cost results from using the higher quality factories.

LOL No!

Did you read the thread? The quality of the anodizing is an integral part of the whole hype here.
There are plenty of cheaper keyboard kits you could look into when you don't share the excitement.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #186 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 15:02:07 »

He said fill all orders taken in the time frame. Non limited boards. Read please ya dummy.

Offline Perfex

« Reply #187 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 15:04:25 »

Indents for feet just make for a nightmare when you have to replace the feet... trust me!
I wouldn't wish the hoops I had to jump through on anyone trying to replace the feet on my FMJ
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 December 2016, 15:07:00 by Perfex »

Offline menuhin

« Reply #188 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 15:17:01 »

LOL No!

Did you read the thread? The quality of the anodizing is an integral part of the whole hype here.
There are plenty of cheaper keyboard kits you could look into when you don't share the excitement.

Given if the anodizing is done right, does it mean that it is virtually impossible to make a scratch on a "hard-anodized" aluminium case during normal use?
I have Apple products too, but I don't how the quality of their anodizing compare to the very good ones.

I've seen many scratched alu cases and some with very conspicuous imperfection on TaoBao. Well, the aluminium case of Apple products are great because of good quality control, just like how we can see the quality of VE.A case - even their B-ware cases are of better quality than most of the Chinese cases made in a rush or still sold in full price / sent out despite imperfections.

I'm debating if I should have this one or the custom made 2-pieces HHKB-style Z-case in custom colors, e.g. translucent crystal. With the same price I can have 6 Z-cases. I just want 2 HHKB-style cases: 1 with 7u spacebar and the other true-HHKB with 6u spacebar.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #189 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 15:59:43 »

He said fill all orders taken in the time frame. Non limited boards. Read please ya dummy.

This guy reads!

Confirmed nerd!

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #190 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 16:23:19 »

100% agreed.

Offline rorix

• The sweven of thee ne'er will I cede...
« Reply #191 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 18:09:56 »
Will the case be available for sale separately? From what I'm seeting it's GH60 compatible so I'm definitely interested.

Offline ankailou

« Reply #192 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 20:29:10 »
Looking forward to the GB. Count me in for two!

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #193 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 21:18:39 »

No, i never use those cheap anode factory,their quality are so bad that i can't bear with it. And the whole point of this kit is about the apple-ish anode.

Bumper feet are no good, it require a lot of change of the design,so i am not gonna do that. :)

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #194 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 21:43:58 »

LOL No!

Given if the anodizing is done right, does it mean that it is virtually impossible to make a scratch on a "hard-anodized" aluminium case during normal use?
I have Apple products too, but I don't how the quality of their anodizing compare to the very good ones.

I've seen many scratched alu cases and some with very conspicuous imperfection on TaoBao. Well, the aluminium case of Apple products are great because of good quality control, just like how we can see the quality of VE.A case - even their B-ware cases are of better quality than most of the Chinese cases made in a rush or still sold in full price / sent out despite imperfections.

I'm debating if I should have this one or the custom made 2-pieces HHKB-style Z-case in custom colors, e.g. translucent crystal. With the same price I can have 6 Z-cases. I just want 2 HHKB-style cases: 1 with 7u spacebar and the other true-HHKB with 6u spacebar.
The apple anode we use is not from the iphone. it's not hard-anodized. we are still using 6063 alu. And hard-anodized doesn't mean it won't scratch, i have seen so many so-called hard-anodized full of scratches.

I understand your concern about the Chinese fake and low quality stuff. I can assure you we only do the good stuff here. The reason this is so expensive is simply we have to pay more to use a good anode factory and we have to use more CNC time and eventually more man hours.It took one worker at least 3 hour to polish one kit before anodizing. So,it really doesn't come cheap.

As far as i concern, you should choose the one you like. I know this kit is expensive and it may not please everyone. So, you don't have to buy it if you are not really like it. I am cool with that.  ;D

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #195 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 21:46:28 »
Will the case be available for sale separately? From what I'm seeting it's GH60 compatible so I'm definitely interested.
No, PCBs are not that expensive in here so it seems like a good deal to include a PCB. 

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #196 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 21:49:10 »
Looking forward to the GB. Count me in for two!
Cool,thank you,man. You make my day

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #197 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 22:13:02 »

No, i never use those cheap anode factory,their quality are so bad that i can't bear with it. And the whole point of this kit is about the apple-ish anode.

Bumper feet are no good, it require a lot of change of the design,so i am not gonna do that. :)

Sounds good to me. I will be in for 1-2 when the drop happens! I can't wait! (:

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #198 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 22:17:56 »

LOL No!

Relax bud, it was only a suggestion! Lol. 

Very excited for this group buy to drop as well! The colors look great. (:
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 December 2016, 22:30:59 by Unforgivable »

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #199 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 22:20:51 »
You can count me in for a couple silvers as well!  :thumb:
-Dana