Author Topic: [IC] GMK DOOM | GB NOW LIVE!  (Read 94307 times)

Offline yomammary

Re: [IC] GMK "DOOM" | BASE KIT UPDATED (16 / 03 / 2017)
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 14:20:19 »
MF DOOM based keyset?  :thumb:
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline ironpup

• Good feeling of oneness with cup rubber
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 15:30:53 »
This set is dope af

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 15:40:12 »
MF DOOM based keyset?  :thumb:

This set is dope af

It's great to know that you like this set! Thank you for the support!

Offline krutmob

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 15:45:09 »
I'm really into this. I think the colorway can appeal beyond DOOM's fanbase (and I think it has to to make MOQ). Those GMK MOQs are tough...

I can already see a DOOM artisan cap on this tho . . .

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 17:38:06 »
I'm really into this. I think the colorway can appeal beyond DOOM's fanbase (and I think it has to to make MOQ). Those GMK MOQs are tough...

I can already see a DOOM artisan cap on this tho . . .

The base kit will be all black with grey legends, but there will be additional coloured keys included for the DOOM fans. There will also be a novelties kit.

Hopefully this will reach MOQ.

Offline SpareWalrus

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 18:04:42 »
Hmm, not sure. Would be nice of the orange matched the orange in the cover. Would prefer grey over white as well as the cover is more black/gray than black/white.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 18:30:06 »
Hmm, not sure. Would be nice of the orange matched the orange in the cover. Would prefer grey over white as well as the cover is more black/gray than black/white.

Thank you for the feedback!

Here is an image with the changes you have suggested:

163183-0

I have changed the off-white coloured keys (GR1) to a grey (2B), and the orange keys have been changed from V2 to V1.

What do you think of these changes?

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 18:35:44 »

Here is an image with the changes you have suggested:

I have changed the off-white coloured keys (GR1) to a grey (2B), and the orange keys have been changed from V2 to V1.

What do you think of these changes?

The image above is incorrect. The F and J (with bars) should be black, not coloured.

Here is the correct image:

163185-0

Offline inosint

Re: [IC] GMK "DOOM" | BASE KIT - UPDATE #2 (16 / 03 / 2017)
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 02:31:47 »
Really digging this set. I miss the orange legends on black you had before. I do like the grey keys, would be nice to see the addition of a grey numpad enter.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 02:49:33 »
Really digging this set. I miss the orange legends on black you had before. I do like the grey keys, would be nice to see the addition of a grey numpad enter.

I do think 2 accents with different base colors may be much though I do like one different base color. Yes accent numpad enter... Progressing nicely btw OP

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 11:56:56 »

I do think 2 accents with different base colors may be much though I do like one different base color. Yes accent numpad enter... Progressing nicely btw OP

I will add the grey Enter key.

I will also add a 2u Space Bar for Planck users.  Are there any other keys required to make this compatible with a Planck?

Thank you for the kind words, I hope this set will reach MOQ.

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 16:01:56 »
I have added the coloured Enter key.

163239-0

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
Re: [IC] GMK "DOOM" | BASE KIT - UPDATE #3 (17 / 03 / 2017)
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 16:13:53 »
What row profile is the 1.5u bottom row? I'm hoping for a R5 set.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 16:20:06 »
What row profile is the 1.5u bottom row? I'm hoping for a R5 set.

It will be R4.

The keycap set row configuration will be: R1-R1-R2-R3-R4-R4

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 16:23:26 »
The keycap set row configuration will be: R1-R1-R2-R3-R4-R4
Ok. Thanks for the quick reply.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline Vypr

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 16:34:27 »
this set looks awesome, any chance of a 1.5u Backspace key as well?
current keyboard: VE.A (home) WhiteFox TrueFox (home)  MD1 Infinity (Home)  Infinity Ergodox (work)
future keyboards:

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 18:11:04 »
I like MF DOOM a lot, though it is a fairly hard album to derive a palette from I think it works fairly nicely - singular concern (not really), it sorta resembles the exclusive GMK set that's being produced along side the Exent keyboard; might be worth looking into.

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #67 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 18:14:23 »
I like MF DOOM a lot, though it is a fairly hard album to derive a palette from I think it works fairly nicely - singular concern (not really), it sorta resembles the exclusive GMK set that's being produced along side the Exent keyboard; might be worth looking into.

Gotta be honest my first thought was the Extent keyset as well, not saying that is a bad or good thing.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 18:18:04 »
Gotta be honest my first thought was the Extent keyset as well, not saying that is a bad or good thing.

Yea, I mean the red here is not actually red and the accents are in different positions and there's the white too but still, it just gives off a similar vibe for obvious reasons. Either way, I love the Exent set, so take that as one will!

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 18:24:58 »

Yea, I mean the red here is not actually red and the accents are in different positions and there's the white too but still, it just gives off a similar vibe for obvious reasons. Either way, I love the Exent set, so take that as one will!

Since this is a product of some changes and feedback to options given, I think it's important to not dwell on this comparison since comparisons usually carry a negative connotation in the keyset realm. I liked the Exent set a lot, they didn't want to make it full or available unless you bought the board which was a bummer.

I actually view this set in the same light as dark PBT sets, which everyone makes and is a fairly easy to use and great looking set. I'm really excited for the large compatibility and I like the accents. Sometimes, it's just nice to have a set that will go with whatever color artisan you have :P

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 18:48:56 »

(Attachment Link)

Please could you consider adding the keys to support 1800 layout. This set already has most of the keys required (already has split numpad +/-, already has 1u numpad zero, already has 1.75u shift). The only keys you need to add for full 1800 compatibility would be R1 Delete, Pg Down and End. Seems like a waste to include most of the stuff needed for 1800 users but not all of it. This is especially a deal breaker for me.

Would like other 1800 users to chime in on this plz!  ;)
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 18:51:04 »

(Attachment Link)

Please could you consider adding the keys to support 1800 layout. This set already has most of the keys required (already has split numpad +/-, already has 1u numpad zero, already has 1.75u shift). The only keys you need to add for full 1800 compatibility would be R1 Delete, Pg Down and End. Seems like a waste to include most of the stuff needed for 1800 users but not all of it. This is especially a deal breaker for me.

Since this is a product of some changes and feedback to options given, I think it's important to not dwell on this comparison since comparisons usually carry a negative connotation in the keyset realm. I liked the Exent set a lot, they didn't want to make it full or available unless you bought the board which was a bummer.

I actually view this set in the same light as dark PBT sets, which everyone makes and is a fairly easy to use and great looking set. I'm really excited for the large compatibility and I like the accents. Sometimes, it's just nice to have a set that will go with whatever color artisan you have :P

Seconded

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 18:58:17 »

(Attachment Link)

Agreed. I'm not well versed on keyset pricing but for myself, I'm willing to pay more for a highly compatible, highly versatile, and great looking set. Though, I definitely understand at some point compatibility leads to higher prices and excluding people which sucks.

Offline Applet

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 07:10:36 »
In what time frame are you aiming at launching this?

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 08:42:27 »

Sure! Which layout would require the 1.5u Backspace? Do I need to add any other keys?

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 09:02:49 »

Seconded

Thank you for the support, it's great to know that you like the set!

I did not know about the Exent keycap set, and only learnt about it after I had posted this interest check. As it has been mentioned before, the design of this keycap set has be subject to community feedback and has been altered heavily from the first designs that were posted.

I believe this set is different and has a clear theme. This keycap set will also aim to be more compatible and will feature an optional novelties set, to further distinguish it.

Do you prefer the white or grey accents?

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
« Reply #76 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 09:04:55 »

(Attachment Link)

Thank you for the feeback!

I will add the additional keys that you have mentioned.

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 09:11:36 »
In what time frame are you aiming at launching this?

There is no definite date at the moment.

The following needs to be competed:

- Confirm whether this set will include grey or white accents.
- Finish the novelties pack.
- Confirm which layouts this will be compatible with.
- Confirm pricing.

As this will be organised through the capsunlocked store, I want to be confident that this will have a chance of reaching MOQ (150 units) before I launch the group buy. 

May I ask, which accents do you prefer, white or grey?

Offline Vypr

« Reply #78 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 11:00:26 »

Sure! Which layout would require the 1.5u Backspace? Do I need to add any other keys?

This is used for the default Infinity 60% keyboard Standard and Hacker layouts (https://input.club/devices/infinity-keyboard/), default White Fox keyboard True Fox layout (https://input.club/devices/infinity-keyboard/).

Since these are programmable keyboards, I'm not sure if everybody uses the 1.5u backspace and it might just be a niche thing, but I love it since I do use it quite a bit and it's easier to reach. I've even programmed my VE.A keyboard to use the 1.5u backspace

current keyboard: VE.A (home) WhiteFox TrueFox (home)  MD1 Infinity (Home)  Infinity Ergodox (work)
future keyboards:

Offline inosint

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 11:28:45 »
+1 grey accents

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 11:41:54 »

This is used for the default Infinity 60% keyboard Standard and Hacker layouts (https://input.club/devices/infinity-keyboard/), default White Fox keyboard True Fox layout (https://input.club/devices/infinity-keyboard/).

Since these are programmable keyboards, I'm not sure if everybody uses the 1.5u backspace and it might just be a niche thing, but I love it since I do use it quite a bit and it's easier to reach. I've even programmed my VE.A keyboard to use the 1.5u backspace

Isn't there already a 1.5u Delete for HHKB layout?

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
Re: [IC] GMK "DOOM" | BASE KIT - UPDATE #4 (20 / 03 / 2017)
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 11:46:25 »

There is, this is my mistake for not pointing this out earlier.

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
« Reply #82 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 11:51:06 »

That 1.5u is R2, I have added a R1 1.5u Backspace. If the R2 1.5u is fine then I will remove the R1 Backspace.

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 11:53:48 »
I have added the new base kit images.

UPDATE 4:

Version 1
163476-0

Version 3:
163474-1

I prefer Version 3 with the grey accents. the backspace colour is now orange and not red, this is to match the album cover.

+1 grey accents

Offline Applet

« Reply #84 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 12:11:37 »
Sounds good. I prefer the grey ones  ;D

Offline Vypr

« Reply #85 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 12:23:53 »

That 1.5u is R2, I have added a R1 1.5u Backspace. If the R2 1.5u is fine then I will remove the R1 Backspace.

The R2 1.5u Backspace would be preferable to the R1 for the layouts I listed, but again it might be a niche thing and I don't know how many people keep that layout on those boards.
future keyboards:

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 12:38:26 »

The R2 1.5u Backspace would be preferable to the R1 for the layouts I listed, but again it might be a niche thing and I don't know how many people keep that layout on those boards.

What? Can you state exactly what you wanted OP to add? Because he added an R1 1.5u Backspace as there was already 2 R2 1.5u Delete keys prior to the suggestion to add a 1.5u Backspace.

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 12:57:06 »
I'm down for the grey personally. Would be nice to see a render if/when you get the chance  :thumb:

Offline Vypr

« Reply #88 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 13:05:04 »

What? Can you state exactly what you wanted OP to add? Because he added an R1 1.5u Backspace as there was already 2 R2 1.5u Delete keys prior to the suggestion to add a 1.5u Backspace.

Sorry I was unclear, hopefully this image will explain it better. I'm currently using a R2 1.5u Backspace (where the 1.5u Delete key is in the pic) and I use a R1 1u Delete key (where the tilde key is)

If this is too much trouble, then I'll be fine with the R2 1.5u Delete key. Like I said, I don't know how many people use a 1.5u Backspace key (on R2) and what it essentialy boils down to is that I'd rather the key say Backspace instead of Delete.
future keyboards:

Offline Atredl

« Reply #89 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 13:14:04 »

While we're talking about the 1.5u delete/backspace key, can we talk about what legend is preferred?

My preference is for 1, while 2 would be my second choice.

I've never seen a 1.5u key with "Backspace" written out and I assume its because it doesn't fit. 

Offline Vypr

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 13:18:15 »

While we're talking about the 1.5u delete/backspace key, can we talk about what legend is preferred?

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I've never seen a 1.5u key with "Backspace" written out and I assume its because it doesn't fit.

I have it on mine, but it's split into Back Space, although I'm using a R2 Delete key in this pic, I've since changed it to R1 where the Tilde key is.
future keyboards:

Offline Atredl

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 13:25:57 »

Those keys aren't made by GMK though and GMK is the intended maker of this set. As far as I know GMK has never made a 1.5u "Backspace" key.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I have it on mine, but it's split into Back Space, although I'm using a R2 Delete key in this pic, I've since changed it to R1 where the Tilde key is.

Those keys aren't made by GMK though and GMK is the intended maker of this keyset. As far as I know they've never made a 1.5u "Backspace" key.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 March 2017, 13:27:40 by Atredl »

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #92 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 13:51:01 »

Show Image

Sorry I was unclear, hopefully this image will explain it better. I'm currently using a R2 1.5u Backspace (where the 1.5u Delete key is in the pic) and I use a R1 1u Delete key (where the tilde key is)

If this is too much trouble, then I'll be fine with the R2 1.5u Delete key. Like I said, I don't know how many people use a 1.5u Backspace key (on R2) and what it essentialy boils down to is that I'd rather the key say Backspace instead of Delete.

So, the R1 1.5u Backspace key OP added is not needed, you just want the legend to be different on the 1.5u Delete key. The intended purpose of this cap is to be used as a backspace key on HHKB layouts, evidenced by the orange R2 Delete key in the current set and the orange R1 Backspace key.

Also, I like grey accents and am indifferent towards the legend on the R2 1.5u HHKB Delete key.

FYI you are not alone in your use of that key, it's not too uncommon: http://imgur.com/a/L7kdt
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 March 2017, 13:52:32 by Mr_BeastQuake »

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 17:27:32 »

Show Image

So, the R1 1.5u Backspace key OP added is not needed, you just want the legend to be different on the 1.5u Delete key. The intended purpose of this cap is to be used as a backspace key on HHKB layouts, evidenced by the orange R2 Delete key in the current set and the orange R1 Backspace key.

Also, I like grey accents and am indifferent towards the legend on the R2 1.5u HHKB Delete key.

FYI you are not alone in your use of that key, it's not too uncommon: http://imgur.com/a/L7kdt

I have removed the R1 1.5u key.

[Version 1]
163489-0

[Version 3]
163491-1

I also prefer the grey accents.

Are there any other keys I need to add?

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
Re: [IC] GMK "DOOM" | BASE KIT - UPDATE #5 (20 / 03 / 2017)
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 17:33:11 »
I'm down for the grey personally. Would be nice to see a render if/when you get the chance  :thumb:

Sounds good. I prefer the grey ones  ;D

Thank you for the feedback! I am working on getting some renders produced, I just wanted to confirm the colour scheme. I think most people interested in this set would prefer grey accents.

Offline inosint

« Reply #95 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 17:50:46 »
Hhkb still does need a r2 1.5u backspace. Maybe replace the 1.5 delete keys with the more neutral "x" legend Vypr pointed out?

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
« Reply #96 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 17:57:14 »
Hhkb still does need a r2 1.5u backspace. Maybe replace the 1.5 delete keys with the more neutral "x" legend Vypr pointed out?

How does this look?

163503-0

Offline Vypr

« Reply #97 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 18:03:37 »
Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
future keyboards:

Offline Atredl

« Reply #98 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 18:49:49 »
:thumb:

Offline inosint

« Reply #99 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 19:15:29 »

How does this look?

(Attachment Link)
Looks good