Author Topic: [IC] GMK Oblivion, Group Buy is LIVE till May 19th  (Read 60610 times)

Offline poolside

This is progressing fast! :thumb:

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
I admit that I'm (too) excited for this

164073-0

still... I have to ask my wallet for permission  :-X

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

(Attachment Link)

If it is not too much trouble, is there any chance you can get rendered this layout:

Offline Ouhei

Updated renders look great, nice work!

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
this one stopped me in my tracks... O_o would look hella nice on VE.A can we get a couple R4 blanks for spacebars?

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
this one stopped me in my tracks... O_o would look hella nice on VE.A can we get a couple R4 blanks for spacebars?

Show Image

Does the spacebar kit not cover it?

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic

Show Image

Show Image

oh! i should have known you already thought of this. yes, the 2.75 and 2u bars cover it. thanks!

Offline chalks

Show Image

Show Image

The image says the last row of blanks is R1. Is that intentional or should they be R4?

Offline m3ll3n

good lookin set  :thumb:

Offline Oblotzky

Show Image

Show Image

The image says the last row of blanks is R1. Is that intentional or should they be R4?

Correct, I'll get that fixed

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight

(Attachment Link)

If it is not too much trouble, is there any chance you can get rendered this layout:

Show Image

that was photoshop-ed  :p

here you go:

164138-0
it seems there is no R3 "` ~", only "# ~"
and no "Alt Gr"

and... your layout has no Control?  :eek:

Offline smart5088

what is the gmk color code ?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

(Attachment Link)

Show Image

that was photoshop-ed  :p

here you go:

(Attachment Link)
it seems there is no R3 "` ~", only "# ~"
and no "Alt Gr"

and... your layout has no Control?  :o

Thank you very much! The layout belongs to a different set to Oblivion, it is actually a Dolch from a recent GB that has the R3 `~ and the Alt Gr. Control swaps for the caps lock.

Edit: Something like this, but in Dolch colors.

« Last Edit: Tue, 28 March 2017, 16:42:29 by ideus »

Offline Saiph

Sorry if this has been asked, haven't followed the thread too closely. Is there only a dark version of the spacebar kit or will there be a version for the white color as well?

Offline Oblotzky

Sorry if this has been asked, haven't followed the thread too closely. Is there only a dark version of the spacebar kit or will there be a version for the white color as well?

The spacebar kit is in Modifier color only, not in Alphas color.

Offline Saiph

The spacebar kit is in Modifier color only, not in Alphas color.
Oh I see, didn't look at it closely enough haha. Thanks!

Offline Oblotzky

quick update, added R3 Home, R4 End and stepped capslock with LED window (apparently the asians have a fetish for that, and I expect them to not be too few orders), new GB price will be 133$

Offline ironpup

• Good feeling of oneness with cup rubber
Does GMK not have tooling for R4 Caps Lock or R2 Backspace?

Offline Oblotzky

I will check regarding R2 1.5u Backspace, but what keyboard would a R4 Caps Lock be for? Also what key size? 1.25u?

Offline fatpolomanjr

I am going to throw this onto an Ultimate Hacking Keyboard (ISO), which has a horribly unconventional layout on the right modifiers. A 1.5u Backspace would be nice despite me needing it in R1 profile, but if not I'll make do with the R2 1.5u Delete in its place (please include the 1.5u Backspace). I'll get two spacebar kits for the 1.75u spacebars and the 2.25u R4 Ctrl. The only key I have not yet figured out is Enter. There is no such thing as a 1.75u Enter key from what I can tell, and I really want a green legend key in its place.

Other than that, GMK Oblivion completely works for the UHK. If anyone has suggestions about getting a gray Enter with Green colored legend then I am all ears. The UHK layout is such a mess! Which is why I plan to buy at least 7 kits for SA Oblivion.
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 March 2017, 03:57:41 by fatpolomanjr »
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
I am going to throw this onto an Ultimate Hacking Keyboard (ISO), which has a horribly unconventional layout on the right modifiers. A 1.5u Backspace would be nice despite me needing it in R1 profile, but if not I'll make do with the R2 1.5u Delete in its place (please include the 1.5u Backspace). I'll get two spacebar kits for the 1.75u spacebars and the 2.25u R4 Ctrl. The only key I have not yet figured out is Enter. There is no such thing as a 1.75u Enter key from what I can tell, and I really want a green legend key in its place.

Other than that, GMK Oblivion completely works for the UHK. If anyone has suggestions about getting a gray Enter with Green colored legend then I am all ears. The UHK layout is such a mess! Which is why I plan to buy at least 7 kits for SA Oblivion.

That keyboard was not designed considering the needs of people like us. I recalled one of the designers dismissing a comment of someone that wrote about having standardized key sizes for upgrading the key caps, saying that key caps was a minor diversion they do not care about and that they think just a niche of people wanted to change key caps in an otherwise terrific keyboard.

Offline DannyHuynh

Can you add the color addons set along with the monochrome set?
While we're at that, I wonder if the addon set can be a full mod set like the Electric Bluegaloo? That mod set was $47

Offline Oblotzky

While we're at that, I wonder if the addon set can be a full mod set like the Electric Bluegaloo? That mod set was $47

Show Image

Uuuuuh, what for? I don't think 250 people will want to buy modifiers only.

Offline DannyHuynh

Show Image

Uuuuuh, what for? I don't think 250 people will want to buy modifiers only.

Well, you can create a poll. I think there are many people just want the accent color like me. Similar thing with GMK Penumbra

Offline atomicus

Having never used a GMK set before, how long before these may start to exhibit the ABS shine?

Offline Saiph

Having never used a GMK set before, how long before these may start to exhibit the ABS shine?
Depends on the person but not that long, a few months for me on the most commonly used keys. I like how it looks though.

Offline Oblotzky

Depends on the person but not that long, a few months for me on the most commonly used keys. I like how it looks though.

Yeah, my WASD keys started to shine about 2 months in. Heavy daily use ofc.

Offline poolside

I will check regarding R2 1.5u Backspace, but what keyboard would a R4 Caps Lock be for? Also what key size? 1.25u?

FC660 keyboards can swap CapsLock and Control. So, 1.25u, but 1.5u would also be nice for CapsLock/Ctrl swappers typing on programmable WKL-layout boards.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter

Yeah, my WASD keys started to shine about 2 months in. Heavy daily use ofc.

I have GMK on my board at work and at home under heavy use, and they haven't started to shine yet, and it's been 4 months?

Offline ironpup

• Good feeling of oneness with cup rubber

Thanks, that would avoid an awkward Delete Delete scenario for 65% users (Whitefox True Fox) The R4 Caps Lock would be if you want to switch Control and Caps Lock. And yeah, a 1.25u would be perfect  :thumb:

Offline Saiph

I have GMK on my board at work and at home under heavy use, and they haven't started to shine yet, and it's been 4 months?
I think it just varies person to person due to the oils our fingers produce.

Offline a_ak57

I also agree with R2 1.5u Backspace instead of Delete, I imagine most people who use an HHKB-layout use that key as BS.

Offline Oblotzky

I also agree with R2 1.5u Backspace instead of Delete, I imagine most people who use an HHKB-layout use that key as BS.

I have inquired GMK about it, I'll use it if the legend exists. But I think it does as Honeywell uses it too.

Offline pitfermi

any chance we can get an DE iso layout?! i am really interested in this but the lack of iso kinda sucks :/
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 March 2017, 10:46:55 by pitfermi »

Offline Oblotzky

any chance we can get an iso layout?! i am really interested in this but the lack of iso kinda sucks :/

Only ISO UK as you can see. No nordic etc because MOQ 150 is very difficult to hit, plus there are 2 alpha colors so a total of 300 kits would need to be sold, and I don't see that happening. Sorry!

Offline pitfermi

I see. UK ISO is also 1.25, 1 on the left right? no 2.25 shift. sorry for double asking, just want to make sure i understand it correctly
any chance we can get an iso layout?! i am really interested in this but the lack of iso kinda sucks :/

Only ISO UK as you can see. No nordic etc because MOQ 150 is very difficult to hit, plus there are 2 alpha colors so a total of 300 kits would need to be sold, and I don't see that happening. Sorry!
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 March 2017, 10:52:44 by pitfermi »

Offline Oblotzky

I see. UK ISO is also 1.25, 1 on the left right? no 2.25 shift.

Correct, you'll see all those keys in the bottom right corner of the base-kit render.

Offline pitfermi

I see. but then again the bigass enter key bothers me ahahaha and I am typing in german language so.. hmm, can you sign me up for a standard base kit ? :)

Offline Oblotzky

I see. but then again the bigass enter key bothers me ahahaha and I am typing in german language so.. hmm, can you sign me up for a standard base kit ? :)

You'll be able to place an order in about a week when the group buy goes live :) There will be a link to it and everything, don't worry.

Offline pitfermi

good stuff. are the orders being shipped directly from GMK? because i live a couple hours away heh

You'll be able to place an order in about a week when the group buy goes live :) There will be a link to it and everything, don't worry.

Offline johnthedong

Any way to just get the monochrome kit+modifiers?  ;D Really interested!

Offline Oblotzky

good stuff. are the orders being shipped directly from GMK? because i live a couple hours away heh

Sadly no, the orders will be shipped from USA and asia will have it's own proxy. For germans such as you and me this will only increase the shipping time by about a week, and shipping cost itself from something like 7 to 20 dollars. Not too terrible I'd say considering this is still a niece hobby where you have to expect unfortunate things like this.

Sorry but no, the kit's will stay as they are shown in the first post. The only change in the past couple days was adding a R3 Home, R4 End, and stepped capslock with LED window.

Offline pitfermi

Wow.. Really? sag mir jetzt nicht dass ich sogar Zoll zahlen muss.. ? das ist ja mega blöd wenn die uns nicht direkt die sets verschicken könnten..

Sadly no, the orders will be shipped from USA and asia will have it's own proxy. For germans such as you and me this will only increase the shipping time by about a week, and shipping cost itself from something like 7 to 20 dollars. Not too terrible I'd say considering this is still a niece hobby where you have to expect unfortunate things like this.

Offline johnthedong

Sorry but no, the kit's will stay as they are shown in the first post. The only change in the past couple days was adding a R3 Home, R4 End, and stepped capslock with LED window.

Ah, just realized after browsing your site that the monochrome option is basically an addon in terms of the modifiers. :D This is exactly what I wanted! Thanks!

Offline Oblotzky

Wow.. Really? sag mir jetzt nicht dass ich sogar Zoll zahlen muss.. ? das ist ja mega blöd wenn die uns nicht direkt die sets verschicken könnten..

Oh boy, this topic again. For the non-germans, he is complaining about import taxes.

For the 10th time, there is no difference between paying Import taxes and paying VAT.

Scenario 1:
You buy the set from a german vendor for 133$ plus 19% VAT and 7$ shipping, you end up paying 165.27$

Scenario 2:
You buy the set from a american vendor for 133$, pay 19% import taxes and 20$ shipping, you end up paying 178.27$

The difference, as I said before, is the longer shipping time and higher shipping cost itself, taxes are the exact same amount, at least for us germans as I pointed out because some countries also have a flat import fee that are additional to the 19% or whatever it is for that country.

Offline Oblotzky

Ah, just realized after browsing your site that the monochrome option is basically an addon in terms of the modifiers. :D This is exactly what I wanted! Thanks!

Glad you found what you needed, but please keep in mind that the monochrome addon kit only replaced the otherwise colored keys of the base kit. Stuff like PageUp, Delete, Insert etc are not part of it.

Offline pitfermi

Sorry, still not clear. I have almost no idea how a GB is ran. Please bare with me.
 Assuming a german vendor. GMK wants $133 per set. Sets are shipped from GMK to the vendor, vendor forwards my set to me and i have to pay another $7 shipping. What's the 19% VAT for?
Assuming american vendor. Vendor ships the set back to Germany to me, i have to pay for ~$20 shipping + import fees.
What am I missing?

Oh boy, this topic again. For the non-germans, he is complaining about import taxes.

For the 10th time, there is no difference between paying Import taxes and paying VAT.

Scenario 1:
You buy the set from a german vendor for 133$ plus 19% VAT and 7$ shipping, you end up paying 165.27$

Scenario 2:
You buy the set from a american vendor for 133$, pay 19% import taxes and 20$ shipping, you end up paying 178.27$

The difference, as I said before, is the longer shipping time and higher shipping cost itself, taxes are the exact same amount, at least for us germans as I pointed out because some countries also have a flat import fee that are additional to the 19% or whatever it is for that country.

Offline ChitownM2

Sorry, still not clear. I have almost no idea how a GB is ran. Please bare with me.
 Assuming a german vendor. GMK wants $133 per set. Sets are shipped from GMK to the vendor, vendor forwards my set to me and i have to pay another $7 shipping. What's the 19% VAT for?
Assuming american vendor. Vendor ships the set back to Germany to me, i have to pay for ~$20 shipping + import fees.
What am I missing?

No expert on this subject as I'm in the U.S., but the $133 price does not include the VAT as it is being shipped outside the country and thus not subject to the tax. If the kit was being sent to a vendor in germany, the price wouldn't be $133. it would be $133 + 19% tax.

Offline Oblotzky

What am I missing?

No expert on this subject as I'm in the U.S., but the $133 price does not include the VAT as it is being shipped outside the country and thus not subject to the tax. If the kit was being sent to a vendor in germany, the price wouldn't be $133. it would be $133 + 19% tax.

Correct, the expected 133$ price is without VAT. Pretty much all the prices you see around in this hobby exclude VAT because it's being shipped all around the world where different taxes are applied.

GMK sells to the vendor I run this set through at bulk price. The vendor then adds X amount to cover labor and of course a profit margin which ends up at a total of 133$. Then he sells to you without taxes, you'll pay them yourself at customs.

Offline pitfermi

unless you have them declare it low value to avoid those import taxes... are you sure import is only 19% here in germany? anyway thanks for clarifying.
What am I missing?

Correct, the expected 133$ price is without VAT. Pretty much all the prices you see around in this hobby exclude VAT because it's being shipped all around the world where different taxes are applied.

GMK sells to the vendor I run this set through at bulk price. The vendor then adds X amount to cover labor and of course a profit margin which ends up at a total of 133$. Then he sells to you without taxes, you'll pay them yourself at customs.
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 March 2017, 12:45:19 by pitfermi »