Author Topic: [GB] KKINGKKONG 660 Keyboard | closed  (Read 134922 times)

Offline Awayhugepickle

Re: [GB] KKINGKKONG 660 Keyboard | closed
« Reply #350 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 15:46:29 »
Thanks for the update, Chanmin. Sounds like you are having a rough time of it. 2020 has just not been the best year for many out there.

Offline dbjowett

« Reply #351 on: Sat, 05 September 2020, 08:06:46 »
Still waiting on my soldering iron, but put it together to see how it looks

Offline Awayhugepickle

« Reply #352 on: Sat, 05 September 2020, 08:27:44 »
Looks good. I like.

Offline josemannyadame

« Reply #353 on: Wed, 09 September 2020, 01:11:34 »
Any updates? :)
Mars 6.5 | TX60 Antique Bronze | Think 6.5 V2

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #354 on: Wed, 09 September 2020, 05:04:10 »
Three days in the week, time to get some tracking imo.

Offline Winster

« Reply #355 on: Wed, 09 September 2020, 05:48:37 »
Three days in the week, time to get some tracking imo.

It’s mid way to the end of the week promise indeed.

Offline chanmin kang

« Reply #356 on: Thu, 10 September 2020, 13:39:18 »

1. All CNC machining is now complete.
2. We will update the detailed schedule for sandblasting and anodizing completion within 12 hours.

Offline josemannyadame

« Reply #357 on: Thu, 10 September 2020, 15:46:09 »
Thanks for the update :)

Offline chanmin kang

« Reply #358 on: Fri, 11 September 2020, 11:49:57 »

This is to inform you that Cerakoat work has begun.
In the case of anodizing, the quantity was higher than originally expected, so the factory answered that it would inform this morning (Korean standard). If the exact schedule comes out, we will update it today.

Offline h40

• h40.io
« Reply #359 on: Fri, 11 September 2020, 13:08:49 »
Chanmin are you going to pretend you didn't promise to ship keyboards this week?

You claimed you picked them up from other shipping agency last week. It's 18 at most, considering 2 already received them. If they indeed exist.

Offline josemannyadame

« Reply #360 on: Fri, 11 September 2020, 13:20:24 »
At this point they are going to ship with the rest of the boards, we see he is putting in the work even if the "early boards" ship this week or next week they will get to you around the date he stated they would get to us by.

Offline h40

• h40.io
« Reply #361 on: Fri, 11 September 2020, 14:16:08 »
At this point they are going to ship with the rest of the boards, we see he is putting in the work even if the "early boards" ship this week or next week they will get to you around the date he stated they would get to us by.
Chanmin cannot deliver 20 in stock boards he claims exist already.

If I were normal GB participant I would be even more worried.

Offline Kingjunguhn

« Reply #362 on: Fri, 11 September 2020, 17:01:52 »

I'm not. If he has lied about anything, I think  it would be the 20 first items not the rest of it
url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=107845.0][/url

Offline josemannyadame

« Reply #363 on: Fri, 11 September 2020, 17:43:56 »

I'm not. If he has lied about anything, I think  it would be the 20 first items not the rest of it

He has been pretty open about everything besides the 20 boards. If it wasn't for the 20 boards no one would be mad.

Offline Awayhugepickle

« Reply #364 on: Fri, 11 September 2020, 18:41:17 »
I feel bad for the first 20. They have been getting no love. It baffles me how he can make a promise and then omit it in update posts like it's not an issue. If you have bad news for people, tell them, but don't pretend you haven't made promises.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #365 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 10:15:28 »
No tracking whatsoever here or in mail. At this moment in time I could just as well have chosen a color or whatever instead of what was available in the first 20.

And yes, imo everything but the first 20 has been communicated good enough. The 20 is a carnage though imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Winster

« Reply #366 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 11:15:50 »
I am pretty sure everything about the first 20 was all about getting early funds to pay for whatever he wanted to pay for it to get things rolling (I am speculating obviously).
So the failure with the first shipping agency is all a lie or a distraction.

I would never look at any of his future GB’s, needless to say.

Offline Kings

« Reply #367 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 11:21:54 »
I am pretty sure everything about the first 20 was all about getting early funds to pay for whatever he wanted to pay for it to get things rolling (I am speculating obviously).

I don't think its speculation. It's pretty obvious that he wanted to get quick funding by offering boards that were "ready to ship" and then attached tracking for springs on some of those orders so the funds would be released. I'm glad I backed out of this GB.

Offline h40

• h40.io
« Reply #368 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 11:27:14 »

I don't think its speculation. It's pretty obvious that he wanted to get quick funding by offering boards that were "ready to ship" and then attached tracking for springs on some of those orders so the funds would be released. I'm glad I backed out of this GB.

Folks also seeming to ignore this board was not sold exclusively here as GH group buy, and (edit: assuming) production photos are of boards that were not perhaps sold already elsewhere.
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 September 2020, 19:39:15 by h40 »

Offline Awayhugepickle

« Reply #369 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 11:41:50 »
Yeah, this whole thing is sketchy. I am definitely open to questioning the validity of the update photos. I need to start seeing a newspaper with the date in every picture   :p

It's definitely not speculation. What other reason would there be? And the way he tried to spin it like he was doing everyone who recieved those springs a solid was bull****. If he does not get these boards shipped by next week I'm extremely tempted to open a dispute and get my funds back.

This whole ordeal has been sketchy but if he gets the rest of the first 20 shipped then maybe this thing is legit but being ran in the worst possible way. The more he keeps delaying getting those boards to the first 20 though the more I feel like this dude is trying to pull something on us.

I am on high alert with this Group Buy right now

Offline Winster

« Reply #370 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 23:35:26 »
I would no longer trust a single word of what’s being said here until there are valid time stamps of his pictures. What’s to say these updates are provided using pictures taken in the past. Quite frankly I have written off the 300$ I paid. Never filed a dispute before with PayPal for unsure of how that will work in my favour. Nevertheless I be watching this till the end of September for a shipping notification. If so not see this 660 at my door I am heading to PayPal. On the flip side if we all go to PayPal it might potentially derail this GB since he will not be able to pay his manufacturers or whatever he owes. So we need to get a clear indication from the GB runner with proof we all (20+rest) will get the boards.

Offline Neveller

« Reply #371 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 12:28:13 »
If you check the image names they do match up with the date he posted them, he could obviously just be changing the name but I don't think he did cause even the older images match up.

Did he **** over the first 20 people? For sure.
Did he fraudulently attempt to get paypal funds send to him before delivery? Most likely.

But despite all that I do think we'll be getting our boards eventually, and thus I hope everyone is willing to hold out on disputes for at least another month as we're nowhere near paypal's dispute deadline yet (180 days). If we all start filling for disputes now this gb will end up being an even bigger mess than it already is :(

« Last Edit: Sun, 13 September 2020, 12:30:38 by Neveller »

Offline Awayhugepickle

« Reply #372 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 13:26:10 »
Your right Neveller. It will turn into a nightmare if we start filing disputes this early. I'll hold off until more of us decide its go time.

Chanmin, you aren't doing a damn thing to help yourself. Don't make promises and give yourself deadlines and then refuse to address them when you haven't met the deadlines you yourself put in place.

You know this group buy is in a bad spot though if people are questioning the validity of update photos. That's bad. I hate that's gotten this bad. And I want timestamps in future photos, too.

I'm just.. baffled by how bad this is being run. I think the first 20 promise was an outright lie. The first 20 being shipped out should have been what released the funds from paypal for the rest of the boards to be manufactured. His whole business model of this group buy hinges on getting those first 20 boards shipped. But he hasn't. So it has to have been a lie. That has to be why he shipped the springs. This whole thing has been based on lies.

Offline Aiwanei

• ThocKeys.com
« Reply #373 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 09:33:40 »
I am one of the first 20, I had emailed two weeks ago saying if I didn't get shipment notification by today, I'd ask for a refund and I have gotten zero response. I'd rather give him the chance to refund before opening a dispute, but I am not going to give him long. I'm tired of being lied to and jerked around as one of the people who were promised their board would ship months ago. I'm sure not if it's negligence or malice, but they have shown a complete lack of care for their customers. Good luck everyone, I hope you get a board someday and enjoy it.
ThocKeys.com

Offline Winster

« Reply #374 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 11:06:26 »
I am one of the first 20, I had emailed two weeks ago saying if I didn't get shipment notification by today, I'd ask for a refund and I have gotten zero response. I'd rather give him the chance to refund before opening a dispute, but I am not going to give him long. I'm tired of being lied to and jerked around as one of the people who were promised their board would ship months ago. I'm sure not if it's negligence or malice, but they have shown a complete lack of care for their customers. Good luck everyone, I hope you get a board someday and enjoy it.

Either what you said or a choice to choose Colors other than what were offered for the first 20.
Chammin- bear in mind that the first 20 buyers had to make do with the limited color choices you offered. No cerakote options were given to us.

In all it simply leaves me stuck with a color choice that was made over a compromise for quicker delivery.

I would rather have my refund since you have grossly misled people for 2 and half months with the promise of delivering a board that was already available. Does not help one bit when you after reading these strong messages continue to remain silent.

Anyways, I am done ranting for tonight.
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 September 2020, 11:09:23 by Winster »

Offline chanmin kang

« Reply #375 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 08:27:53 »
Sandblast : Beginning September 13th ~ Completed on September 20th

Anodizing :  Beginning September 21st ~ Completed on September 27th (Approximately one week expected.)

Cerakote : September 21st~

QC : 2 Days

Packaging and Sequential Shipment Complete : By October 5

First of all, I apologize for the late delivery schedule.

After we shipped the spring, we tried to find a suitable carrier.

In the case of EMS, there was a lot of loss and return, and we found a shipping agent to replace it.

However, there was a problem with the length of the delivery period and the problem with the delivery agency in Korea.

In the end, we aimed to deliver it safely, even if it took longer.

Initially, only 30 units were going to be sold on the marketplace. (silver, black, red color)

However, due to the large number of requests, we increased the production quantity, and although the period was sufficient at first, the processing and post-processing schedule was delayed due to problems with the delivery company and covid-19.

Currently, we have received the above schedule from the company, and although it was difficult because it was our first time to control a large quantity, we think it will be completed within the schedule written above.

We will do our best to repay you with good quality products.

Offline h40

• h40.io
« Reply #376 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 08:47:08 »
However, there was a problem with the length of the delivery period and the problem with the delivery agency in Korea.

You keep saying this but it doesn't actually mean anything.

Also you haven't addressed how you plan on resolving this problem.

Offline pamorama

« Reply #377 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 08:48:06 »
We promise. we will finish sending the first 20 keyboards within next week, which is the most urgent task at the moment.
We will take responsibility for this remark.

First, let me tell you about the current schedule.
1. The first 20 keyboards will all be shipped within the next week.

^ What about this?

There's no mention of the "completed" 20 boards in the update.

Offline Winster

« Reply #378 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 09:34:25 »

Anodizing :  Beginning September 21st ~ Completed on September 27th (Approximately one week expected.)

What about the 20 boards dude? Can you come clarify WHEN YOU ARE GOING TO SHIP THE 20 BOARDS?
It’s fine if you are shipping them 5th October but say it so.

Offline Neveller

« Reply #379 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 12:41:28 »
Chanmin you really aren't helping yourself.
Outside of the fact that you're straight up ignoring the situation surrounding the first 20 boards, you're also making more short term promises that you probably won't be able to keep.

Reminds me a lot of people in debt. They just stop opening letters and ignore all the problems that are piling up.

Offline Awayhugepickle

« Reply #380 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 14:16:55 »
This dude can't deliver on a promise at all. He should have stuck with his target 30 boards instead of taking on this kind of a task and screwing this up so bad.

Offline josemannyadame

« Reply #381 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 21:51:52 »
You can't keep ignoring the problem, no one trusts you Chanmin so why should we trust you with the timeline you have written?

Offline Tree_

« Reply #382 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 23:54:44 »
The following list will be sent out in July.

660_0001
660_0003
660_0004
660_0006
660_0007
660_0009
660_0010
660_0011
660_0015
660_0034
660_0039
660_0042
660_0047
660_0054
660_0061
660_0063
660_0073
660_0085
660_0086

This is the order in which the payment was completed first among the ones that can be sent right away in July.
(Two people were excluded from the list above due to a problem with the order.)

We will update you if there is anything new.

Any updates, pictures, etc would be greatly appreciated by all!

Be patient bro, you're lucky to be in the first batch. It is only 4 days into July. As he stated, he'll give you an update as it comes.

I mean, I'd rather be over-updated then not?

Chanmin said early bird boards would go out July 1st and there hasn't been confirmation of that happening despite seeing finished cases, PCB's and plates in May based on the IC thread. The board was also sold on their website to Korean buyers before the GH GB (https://kkkk.works/gb/?board_name=commerce_product&order_by=fn_product_rank1&order_type=desc&vid=4) and gave a delivery time of 2-3 days from purchase - Do we know if anyone in KR has received a board?

Offline Winster

« Reply #383 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 10:13:06 »
Wonder what’s going with the other TKL GB. At least they didn’t have early bird sales 🤣🤣🤣. So everyone there is patiently waiting for their boards to turn up several months later...think we have a meme.

Offline zomiq

« Reply #384 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 08:48:24 »
I was really excited for this keyboard, but all these replies are incredibly worrying. Will keep watching keeping a close eye, if your wondering I've found PayPal are very often in the buyer's favour for disputes especially  if there is no tracking provided and you open the case within 180 days of payment.
Note that I'm not rushing to do that. I really want my red 660!

Offline beerafffe1

« Reply #385 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 10:50:26 »
I was part of the 20, since it was delayed so much I asked if I could switch to a different color since the quick delivery option was useless now. Was asked to fill out a form, did that and got no confirmation. Sent a few follow up emails(for about 2 weeks now) which went into the void.

At this point, I don't know if I will get a board, and if I do when I will get it and what board/colors I am actually getting. So left with very few options and the top option seems to be trending towards a paypal dispute if I don't get a response in the next couple of days.

Offline 3ambutter

« Reply #386 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 17:12:08 »
why haven't you guys charged back already?
Reborn60 | Keycult No.1 Rev.1 | SKB60 | TGR x SINGA UNIKORN | GSKT-00

Offline Neveller

« Reply #387 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 18:00:39 »
Cause as of what we know now, the boards are in the final stage of production, and will be shipped out early October.
We're also still well within paypal's time limit for disputes.

If it wasn't for the 20 boards they claimed they would ship out just a week or 2 after the GB ended this entire thing would've seemingly gone smoothly.

As for why the 20 early birds haven't issued a refund yet, I dunno  :-\ My guess would be that they just really want a 660 board
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 September 2020, 18:07:04 by Neveller »

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
« Reply #388 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 21:21:07 »
I wonder how the PayPal dispute would go for the people who have had springs shipped - Getting PayPal to honour a dispute if you wait 3 months after your item is marked delivered could be tricky. It's either ride or die at this point

Offline lovidore

« Reply #389 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 04:39:29 »
Have the dispute floodgates opened yet?

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #390 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 06:47:43 »
I have.

Offline Awayhugepickle

« Reply #391 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 09:14:44 »

We promise. we will finish sending the first 20 keyboards within next week, which is the most urgent task at the moment.
We will take responsibility for this remark.

First, let me tell you about the current schedule.
1. The first 20 keyboards will all be shipped within the next week.

^ What about this?

There's no mention of the "completed" 20 boards in the update.

I'm not in the first 20 so I won't be filing a dispute yet but I really don't blame any in the first 20 who haven't received their boards for opening the gates. They have gotten nothing but lies. And it seems like once again, no responsibility is being taken for his unfulfilled promises.

It looks like everything is progressing for us to get the boards but I'm taking it with a grain of salt. It's been constant lies and shadyness this entire group buy. I'm with everyone calling into question the authenticity of these photos.

Chanmin, if you read this, please timestamp future progress pictures for us. Then I'll believe what I'm seeing.

Offline Aiwanei

• ThocKeys.com
« Reply #392 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 11:39:35 »
Cause as of what we know now, the boards are in the final stage of production, and will be shipped out early October.
We're also still well within paypal's time limit for disputes.

If it wasn't for the 20 boards they claimed they would ship out just a week or 2 after the GB ended this entire thing would've seemingly gone smoothly.

As for why the 20 early birds haven't issued a refund yet, I dunno  :-\ My guess would be that they just really want a 660 board

I've requested a refund, twice, so now I've had to open a PayPal dispute. Gb runner is ignoring emails and has ignored the dispute. Clearly they don't care about the first 20.
ThocKeys.com

Offline Neveller

« Reply #393 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 13:43:01 »
It's pretty clear they just sold the 20 boards they pre-produced locally, I cant think of any other reason why they would just straight up refuse to ship them out.

If Oct 5th comes around and the boards still haven't shipped out nor have we received timestamped pictures and a very good reason for the delay I think everyone including those outside of the first 20 should be issuing disputes with paypal asap.

Offline dcdcdc

« Reply #394 on: Sun, 20 September 2020, 00:49:00 »
Paypal is preferable when a refund is available.

Offline Awayhugepickle

« Reply #395 on: Sun, 20 September 2020, 19:29:53 »
It's pretty clear they just sold the 20 boards they pre-produced locally, I cant think of any other reason why they would just straight up refuse to ship them out.

If Oct 5th comes around and the boards still haven't shipped out nor have we received timestamped pictures and a very good reason for the delay I think everyone including those outside of the first 20 should be issuing disputes with paypal asap.

I'm with you, Neveller. I've had my finger on the trigger, I just needed to know when to squeeze it. Oct. 5th, **** is going down.

God speed fellow groupbuyer members!

Offline Tree_

« Reply #396 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 02:45:23 »

First of all, I apologize for the late delivery schedule.

After we shipped the spring, we tried to find a suitable carrier.

In the case of EMS, there was a lot of loss and return, and we found a shipping agent to replace it.

In the end, we aimed to deliver it safely, even if it took longer.

Initially, only 30 units were going to be sold on the marketplace. (silver, black, red color)

However, due to the large number of requests, we increased the production quantity, and although the period was sufficient at first, the processing and post-processing schedule was delayed due to problems with the delivery company and covid-19.

Currently, we have received the above schedule from the company, and although it was difficult because it was our first time to control a large quantity, we think it will be completed within the schedule written above.

We will do our best to repay you with good quality products.

It's the 21st.

Is sandblasting done? Has Anodizing and Cerakote started?  :)

Offline dasdingo

« Reply #397 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 13:37:58 »
I have opened a dispute. I know some of you guys are concerned about if we all get refunded, he wont be able to finish this group buy. But it seems that he is in financial trouble and in debt. What if he applies for bankruptcy and we cannot even collect our money back. (I am not a finance expert). This guy is sus as hell.

Offline notverriegod

« Reply #398 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 16:02:13 »
I have opened a dispute. I know some of you guys are concerned about if we all get refunded, he wont be able to finish this group buy. But it seems that he is in financial trouble and in debt. What if he applies for bankruptcy and we cannot even collect our money back. (I am not a finance expert). This guy is sus as hell.
So iirc if his company files for bankruptcy and he is unable to refund the payment, you should be able to get a refund from paypal through buyer protection if you meet all their criteria.
here's a link to the PayPal protection guideline. https://www.paypal.com/ca/business/security/seller-protection
We all should be protected under the protection unless your account is not in good standing

Offline lovidore

« Reply #399 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 02:41:00 »
I don't mean to defend Chanmin or anything but I'm seeing some major assumptions being thrown around like him going bankrupt and not being able to finish the GB. Is there any basis for these assumptions or are we just brigading against him now?

Also is there anyone besides the 1st 20 peeps who opened a dispute?