Author Topic: Question about GMK  (Read 2646 times)

Offline Dmitri

Question about GMK
« on: Thu, 20 April 2023, 09:55:58 »
If a designer chooses not to do a round 2 for the GMK set he/she designed, then there is no other way around it to make a round 2 make happen?

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
Re: Question about GMK
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 20 April 2023, 17:27:59 »
If a designer chooses not to do a round 2 for the GMK set he/she designed, then there is no other way around it to make a round 2 make happen?
If a video game company doesn't make any more games in a series can another company then just make another game in that series?
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline PlayBox

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 22 April 2023, 03:08:34 »
If a video game company doesn't make any more games in a series can another company then just make another game in that series?
actually yes if they buy the rights to it maybe its similar with gmk but i don't know
propably sent from my amazon kindle 10th gen

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 24 April 2023, 09:42:54 »
actually yes if they buy the rights to it maybe its similar with gmk but i don't know
Thank you for completely ignoring the point of what I was saying.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 24 April 2023, 09:59:05 »
The design's rights are held by it's creator - GMK cannot run without their say so for additional runs.  Now if someone gets the rights to the design, then that new holder can make runs w/ GMK or someone else.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline LannyF82

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 25 April 2023, 14:24:26 »
Rights are required. You can’t just take someone else’s product - lawyers will take the last thing off you.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 25 April 2023, 23:34:22 »
Rights are required. You can’t just take someone else’s product - lawyers will take the last thing off you.
Nah what are you talking about it's totally legal to just steal other people's work if they're not using it.

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 04 May 2023, 05:08:06 »
if the OG designer gives you permission to rerun it, you can. reach out to him, negotiate an agreement, obtain a written permission that GMK would acknowledge, then rerun it per the regular procedure. it's entirely up to you and the energy you have to go through the hassle of it.