Author Topic: [GB] Lumina GB : Update posted in Comments  (Read 161570 times)

Offline Tyson

Re: [GB] Lumina GB : Update posted in Comments
« Reply #400 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 17:43:44 »
UPDATE: Still nothing from manu, they have not sent tracking number as promised. We will follow up with him again on Jun 19, possibly with a demand letter. In the meantime, as promised, I have updated the spreadsheets: https://imgur.com/a/qzs9ley. I have also included the timestamps that Tes took near the start of the month here: https://imgur.com/a/gGfdqiF, which match up with the 'Tes Status' column on the one-off spreadsheet. Next, we are working on counting exactly how many additional components we need for each member to get a complete kit (for every component that is NOT corian, since we're still waiting on manu to ship corian so we know what we have/need for corian), and after that we will start looking at quotes.  Thank you guys for your patience and LMK if there are questions.

I PM'd you trying to get access to the discord, the Lumina65 that was traded for a TX65 was actually traded for a TXCP, I'm willing to just have all the raw parts shipped to me and finding a manu here locally to finish making the board for me or making other stuff out of the parts.

Offline Tonkatonk

« Reply #401 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 21:04:45 »
I'm so glad I forced my refund from this trainwreck a year ago, seeing as nothing's changed.

This is really a lost cause.

Noxary PC268.2 | Red Nunu | Purple PC Nunu | Ogre | Vulcan Pro

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #402 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 11:03:55 »
inb4 "we have changed to a new manufacturer  everything still coming along just fine , nothing to see here"

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #403 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 12:02:04 »
I'm so glad I forced my refund from this trainwreck a year ago, seeing as nothing's changed.

This is really a lost cause.

Probably. Just contacted manufacturer again, still ghosting us. Every time we call factory he (our point of contact) is 'away' and they 'take a message'. Any time we call his cell, he doesn't pick up. We don't have any money to file a law suit and even if we did, it might not be worth it considering the ratio of the cost of filing vs cost of materials. However, it would only cost 200-500$ for demand letter from a business lawyer local to the factory, so that will probably be our last ditch effort to try to scare them into responding. To reiterate, we have heard absolutely nothing since the April 24 email from the manu ((https://i.imgur.com/m76tuFY.png), 2 months, 14 days ago), in which he claimed he would ship 'next week'.

Without the materials, the rescue gb isn't happening, unless we want to explore options like turning all corian parts into alum and manufacturing the whole thing in china. Even then, would have to run the numbers to see if its affordable enough to be worth it for participants.

I PM'd you trying to get access to the discord, the Lumina65 that was traded for a TX65 was actually traded for a TXCP, I'm willing to just have all the raw parts shipped to me and finding a manu here locally to finish making the board for me or making other stuff out of the parts.

Sent you a FR on discord. But we do not have any raw parts, its all stuck at the manu. Or perhaps gone at this point, no idea.

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #404 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 19:28:20 »
Looking into VA lawyer this week, but likely we're losing the materials. So at this point, assuming that we are not going to get the material back, my plan is to figure out how much it would cost to finish the group buy with new (cheapest possible) material and a new manufacturer. @lukelex Helping me get some quotes, and helping with design updates. To facilitate this, please see the updated spreadsheet (https://imgur.com/a/o6ijCwg). Also if you have any ideas on where to get the material/where to manu please reach out!! My :door: is open

Reminder: please PM me for discord invite if you are involved in this gb thx.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #405 on: Wed, 09 September 2020, 08:26:30 »
Well I for one am totally surprised that the shady revival of this outright scam group buy went nowhere positive.

Offline lukelex

« Reply #406 on: Wed, 09 September 2020, 08:41:22 »
Well I for one am totally surprised that the shady revival of this outright scam group buy went nowhere positive.
Incorrect. There are pretty positive outcomes from the rescue. Namely:

* Participants got the design files, which I in turn managed to get one made for myself;
* We have some of the materials and we are still pursuing a viable option to manufacture the missing parts;
* Closure over what happened;

Now, whether you agree with that being a positive outcome it's up to you.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 September 2020, 08:44:07 by lukelex »

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #407 on: Wed, 09 September 2020, 08:45:38 »
Incorrect. There are pretty good outcomes from the rescue. Namely:

* Participants got the design files, which I in turn managed to get one made for myself;
* We have some of the materials and we are still pursuing a viable option to manufacture the missing parts;

Now, whether you agree with that being a good outcome it's up to you.

I'm a participant and I haven't gotten design files. Not that I need them, as I got into this group buy with the intention with not making one myself.

I also don't know what 'closure' anyone has gotten. I'll have clojure when I see $400 back in my account or a shiny white lumina that I ordered 2 years ago lol

Offline lukelex

« Reply #408 on: Wed, 09 September 2020, 08:50:12 »
Incorrect. There are pretty good outcomes from the rescue. Namely:

Now, whether you agree with that being a good outcome it's up to you.

I'm a participant and I haven't gotten design files. Not that I need them, as I got into this group buy with the intention with not making one myself.

I also don't know what 'closure' anyone has gotten. I'll have clojure when I see $400 back in my account or a shiny white lumina that I ordered 2 years ago lol
You're welcome to join the discord server and get the design files.

Again, you're welcome to have your own take on whether you see anything positive on the rescue but that doesn't detract from the positive other participants might have gotten out of it.

ps: RIP both of our $400

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #409 on: Wed, 04 November 2020, 12:00:51 »
Very exciting...I called ups store near Tes and paid 220$ for the packaging and shipping of everything Tes dropped off.. donation items + lumina components...I have tracking and it should be here THIS THURSDAY.

For reference:

Pics of packaging: https://imgur.com/a/90PHmtc

List of items that should be included in the shipment: https://imgur.com/a/dhLxg4F

New quotes from new manus (off-brand corian): https://imgur.com/a/nJVHFZv (prices are looking very managable)

Luke's prototype from the new manu: https://imgur.com/a/XYslFH8

PM me if you are involved and want to join the discord. I will post again here when I receive the packages with a timestamp.

I'm a participant and I haven't gotten design files.

If you want design files, PM Me for discord invite where files are kept. There is a ton of info/documentation in discord. I am not spending the next hour copying it over to GH. If you are allergic to discord, I can email them to you.

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #410 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 11:19:38 »
Finally a substantial update. Please review imgur link below where you can see the items we have gotten from Tes. At this point we're not waiting on Tes to ship the remaining components, nor are we waiting on a manu (materials are gone for sure)- so we're free and clear to tackle this. Please look forward to an official proposal!

https://ibb.co/album/8bBsFS

Hosted on ibb because imgur is down atm. You have to open each pic in a new tab to see the description. Pretty stupid website tbh.

You can also click on the picture twice to open the description view.

Offline rpiguy9907

« Reply #411 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 15:03:56 »
Any updates? It has been almost two months since the last.

What is going to happen with the raw materials pictured?

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #412 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 19:08:28 »
Any updates? It has been almost two months since the last.

What is going to happen with the raw materials pictured?

No real updates at the moment. As I have mentioned in the discord sever, I had a lot of life changes recently including an ongoing move/renovation of new house so I have been super busy.

But this project is very much still on, and my best guess for when I can tackle this is q1/2 this year.

The raw materials that were stuck at the manufacturer are definitely gone at this point. Our guess is he sold them off to make up for holding them on his floor for months without charging Tes storage fees. Tes and the manu both messed things up for the rest of us, but we can still make it out of this with a board. Everything pictured in my previous post is still here with me, and we're still looking at giving all original participants a rescue gb slot (and some people that got screwed for one-offs).

That rescue gb slot will entitle them to a ~100$ full lumina kit with acrylic+corian components (no alum/brass). We are able to do this at such a low cost due to already having many components on hand, having some decent donation items (from Tes) to sell to create a 'rescue fund seed', and just as crucially, having new quotes from a new manufacturer which uses off-brand corian. The material is essentially corian, but without the extra cost that comes with the name brand.

Further gbs will be run after lumina is complete to manufacture the alum/brass components. These gbs would be independent of the rescue gb and priced accordingly.

Please stay tuned, ty.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 January 2021, 12:25:59 by Rubbermilitia »

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #413 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 21:15:24 »
Can't believe we all got fooled by Tes :(

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #414 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 08:57:41 »
Can't believe we all got fooled by Tes :(

If anyone lives in the same state as him (SC?) I'd be more than happy to contribute funds to a lawsuit.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #415 on: Mon, 15 March 2021, 09:46:58 »
Wanted to post a quick update. Reached out to the two manufacturers we would be using, one of which will provide acrylic bases & brushed aluminum plates; the other will provide corian-like tops and bottoms. We heard back from the base & plate manu, and they provided us with updated manufacturing quote, shipping quote, and lead time.

Still waiting to hear back from the other manu (they haven't been active on whatsapp since march 5, so I believe they'll respond when they see it), while working on testing pcbs. Rescue gb price has not been finalized yet; still crunching numbers to enable us to collect the smallest amount possible per-participant, while still having high confidence in its success. However, I am still confident it will be around 100$. Of course, the more participants, the cheaper it will turn out per-person.

Always open to suggestions/feedback, reach out if you like.

Offline Starius

« Reply #416 on: Wed, 17 March 2021, 15:02:51 »
Thank you for the update, Rubbermilitia. 
And thank you for everything you’re doing for this recovery.   This project would be a more bitter pill to swallow if not for your efforts.  But this is a very unique community we find ourselves in.   

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #417 on: Wed, 17 March 2021, 22:56:52 »
Thank you for the update, Rubbermilitia. 
And thank you for everything you’re doing for this recovery.   This project would be a more bitter pill to swallow if not for your efforts.  But this is a very unique community we find ourselves in.

No problem! And I appreciate that. I heard recently that this isn't the first rescue gb ever to occur, so we're not breaking new ground here. This community is more than capable of bailing itself out. And I've been waiting for a home for my NK creams and gmk monochrome for way too long lol. We probably all had build plans that got endlessly delayed.

While I'm here, another quick update. I collected the updated .step design files from @lukelex in order to confirm them with the manus, and emailed the new corian-like manu trying again to get a response. Will start looking into alternatives soon if they remain unresponsive.

The updated design files I referred to are slightly modified versions of the original lumina design files which Tes released as part of the rescue gb. Updates made by lukelex were, in his words:

"For the mathematical freaks like myself, I've changed the thickness of a few layers to be even and made sure that they are actually manufacturable. Everything is backwards compatible with the parts we have already produced."

The updated design files, and the new manufacturers, were both used to create the prototype which lukelex had made. There are pics on the discord server but I will share one here:

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #418 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 11:52:06 »
Lumina Rescue Interest Check

Pictured above is the prototype created with off-brand corian from the new manufacturer we will be using for the rescue gb. Prototype created by @lukelex

If you are a participant of the original Lumina 60 GB:

The Lumina Rescue is a group buy exclusively for original participants of the Lumina 60 group buy, which failed for various reasons. The GB will be subsidized using components which are already made, and in my possession (PCBs, plates, bases & bottoms). The components will be manufactured by new manus found by myself, with help from the rescue team.

The rescue gb has been extended to possibly include (based on interest):
  • New corian color options! (including substitutes for original gb colors, see below)
  • New plate options (including POM, CF, and anodized alum)
  • Mirror polished aluminum base (albeit at a higher cost)

The design has not changed, so most of what is in the original IC still applies, and all new or modified components are compatible with original design.
At this point I need information on participation & interest to nail down MOQs & pricing.

As stated before, target pricing for a basic rescue kit is 100$ or less, not including shipping.

Please visit the following link to fill out the IC form if there is any possibility that you would participate in the rescue group buy: FORM HERE

If you have no interest in joining the rescue gb, but still want a Waldo pcb shipped to you at the cost of shipping, please fill out this form instead: FORM HERE

These two options (rescue gb OR pcb for shipping cost) are the only two avenues I will be providing for fulfillment of the original GB. Beyond that, please see FAQ below for other steps you can take yourself.

Rescue Team
  • rubbermilitia - GB runner, payment collection, manu PoC, etc
  • LMarci - Renders
  • jae_prototypist - POM / CF plates supplier
  • lukelex - Updated design files, built prototype, assisting with quotes & manus
  • David | Mechboards UK - EU proxy

If you are interested in the public GB:

Please see below section labeled "Public GB (Lumina 60 RP)". The public IC will be posted after the rescue IC is complete, with options and quantity of spots dictated by the reception of the rescue IC. Please stay tuned for a public IC, which will likely be posted in a separate post.

The public GB will be slightly higher cost than the rescue GB, but will still be well within the range for a solid budget board.

Quotes and MOQs

We have received a LOT of quotes at a few different quantity levels to gauge pricing, from many different manufacturers. Rather than dump them all here, I will provide averages at low and high MOQ.

Note: Corian = off-brand solid surface artificial stone; and corian quotes are for total parts (tops + bottoms), not x amount of each top, bottom.
Another note: We did find cheaper artificial stone, but this manu had more exciting colors and prototypes have already been made (!!) by @lukelex.

Base
- acrylic base: $8 (MOQ 85) - $15 (MOQ 35)
- aluminum base (mirror polish): $110 (MOQ 85) - $150 (MOQ 10)

Plate
- anodized alum plate: $30 (MOQ 40) - $60 (MOQ 5)
- POM plate: $26 (MOQ 40) - $30 (MOQ 19)
- CF plate: $18 (MOQ 40) - $19 (MOQ 20)

Corian
- White corian: $20 (MOQ 200) - $40 (MOQ 50) *Likely lower at MOQ 50 than 40$/unit (see other MOQ50 quotes are around 27-28$). I think this was the sales person spitballing in early talks. Asking for an update.
- Black corian: $25 (MOQ 100) - $30 (MOQ 50)
- Deep black quartz substitute Corian (PA-0093): $25 (MOQ 200) - $27 (MOQ 50)
- Cosmos prima substitute Corian (Meteor Shower): $26 (MOQ 100) - $28 (MOQ 50)
- New Orange-ish Corian (Lava): $26 (MOQ 100) - $28 (MOQ 50)
- Elderberry substitute Corian (Azure) - waiting to hear back, but likely in-line with the others

Note: We are NOT making brass available, because the cost to manufacture + ship is just too high for a rescue gb trying to keep costs low. In addition, from the prototype, we have found that brass is WAY too heavy, given that the entire triangular base is a huge chunk of brass, as opposed to being an aluminum base with a smaller brass weight screwed into it, like most keyboard designs.

Some pics of new material:

Note: each one of these colors will need to hit MOQ during interest check in order to be available for the GB.

White not pictured, as it is a simple white color, see the image at top of this post.

Azure (Elderberry substitute)

Meteor Shower (Cosmos Prima substitute)

PA-0093 (Deep Black Quartz substitute)

Lava (New exciting color)

Additional info; read on for more context

Click here for additional info ->
More
First I will address the items I promised to address in the 'official proposal':

Distributing existing components (Priority of options)

The GB price will be subsidized via the existing components. We have 119 pcbs, 73 plates, 18 bases, and 29 bottoms. See full inventory here.

There is the challenge of determining who gets first choice of existing components (eg Deep Black Quartz bottoms, Elderberry bottoms, colored acrylic plates, etc.)

This shouldn't matter too much, as we're planning on having substitute colors for each of these options..however, we may not be able to sub all original options (due to MOQs), and even so, the choice still exists between OG Corian and subbed off-brand.

The choice will go to the highest paying members of the original group buy, who also join the rescue.

For example: after the IC is posted, I will sort the list of people interested by the amount they spent in the original gb. I will then reach out to them in order, offering the options of original parts that are up for grabs. I will do so in order until all unique original parts are spoken for.

To be clear, original GB participants will of course have precedence over the public gb when it comes to original components.

Pics and timestamps of all completed components

Please click here to see everything I received from Tes, with timestamps of when I received them. Click here to see updated inventory after counting what I received

Pics and timestamps of the material

As per previous updates, the 'raw material' is likely gone from the manu, and we will certainly not be receiving it. The manu owner likely sold it a while ago to make up for the cost of storing it on his floor for so long without hearing from Tes.

I did manage to contact the manu owner more than once via phone and email, and he even quoted freight shipping and stated he would ship to my address 'next week', but the shipment never came, and eventually he started ignoring all efforts at communication. I have confirmed that the original manu is a legitimate US-based manu; but the situation between the manu and Tes is complicated and involves a lot of mistakes on both sides.

Please see here for all the communication I have had with the manu. There were also a few phone calls but they were not recorded for obvious reasons.

I stated in earlier posts that I would be looking into sending a demand letter to the manu; however, that would be a complete waste of money, given that its an obvious empty threat, considering that Tes made plenty of mistakes himself (partial payments, long periods of radio silence, forcing manu to store materials on his floor indefinitely, etc), which would mean the manu isn't likely to be threatened by a letter, or even a lawsuit.

Luckily, we do not need the material, as off-brand corian is cheap, and the rescue kit is heavily subsidized by existing components.

Public GB (Lumina 60 RP)

"Lumina 60 Rescue-Public" - GB open to the general public, in order to fill out spots in the rescue gb that are left available after original participants join.

I am expecting the IC for participants of the original group buy to get around 30-40 responses, but we have enough components on hand to subsidize the cost of around 70 boards. And as you know, the higher the MOQ, the more savings for everyone. Also I don't want to throw away extra components which are useless without a kit.

For these reasons, I'm considering opening a second IC to the public, allowing anyone to join to fill the remaining spots, so there's no waste + a better MOQ. The options for the public IC would be based on what we're low on in the rescue IC, to help get things made (eg if the rescue IC gets only 3 users wanting CF plates, but plenty wanting POM, we could open just CF option to the public to help round the numbers)

These are initial thoughts in this direction, and subject to change. The cost for all participants would still be low as possible, and any priority of options would obviously go to original participants.

I have received feedback from some members of the original GB, and there's a consensus that this is agreeable as long as the public GB is more expensive, in order to help bring the rescue price even lower. There would not be an insane markup for the public, but likely +30-50% cost, which isn't much at these low price points (and is still much cheaper than the original gb).

List of donation items

The list of intended items to be donated from Tes to the rescue gb is included in the transfer agreement below.

A list of donation items actually received in the shipment from Tes can be seen in the timestamps imgur album above, in the "pics and timestamps of all completed components" section.

These donation items will be sold to add to the rescue fund seed, to help lower the cost of participation. They will be sold between the IC and GB phase, and therefore will be reflected in the GB pricing.

There are also extra Waldo PCBs which were ordered by Tes for future one-offs/etc, which will be sold to contribute to rescue fund.

Amount of cash 'seeded' in the rescue fund

- Tes has seeded 100$ (this was while ago, in an attempt to informally 'garnish his wages' for the gb. Only ended up getting 2 payments of 50$.)
- I covered the cost of shipping the components + donation items to myself, 237.99$ see receipt here
- When donation items & extra PCBs are sold, the rescue seed will grow as well

Public release of lumina design files

- Original design files released by Tes (some things missing)
- Updated + completed design files by lukelex. (Used to make his prototype)

Details on how cash will be collected to avoid another paypal lock situation

Tes made a lot of mistakes which are easy to avoid. I am still working out the details, but I will be collecting cash via PP business or shopify; possibly with individual invoicing in order to more tightly control participation. The service I collect payment through will be connected to a business bank account established with an EIN number received from the IRS specifically for my LLC; therefore there's no mixing of personal and gb funds, there's no risk of using a personal account for high-volume invoicing, and PP/Shopify is more likely to see the activity as legitimate, and therefore less likely to freeze funds. I will also be calling PP/shopify ahead of time in order to warn them of the cash influx, and make sure they know what to expect.

I am still deciding between PP and shopify; as I have a long-standing PP account with good history which would likely make collection a breeze; but shopify is used more often by GB runners these days, and seems easier to use for large sums such as this.

Regardless of which platform, generally, GB runners do not have issues when taking these precautions, and I have spoken to a handful of successful GB runners to create my cash collection plan.

GB transfer/ Tes involvement?

Please see the Lumina GB Transfer Agreement. This was written up with the help of a business lawyer local to me, whom I had on general counsel at the time. I prefer to do things above board, and this document establishes a clear transfer from Tes to my LLC, including the obligation to make best effort at gb fulfillment.

Therefore, Tes is not involved in any way, shape, or form in this rescue gb.

Tes list of one-off commitments

Some users agreed to having their usernames included in a public post of Tes' outstanding commitments. Others would rather remain anonymous, or I have not heard from them yet- these users are censored.

Please see Tes' updated one-off commitments here. Tes is not involved in the Rescue GB, but I promised I would include this in the proposal.

Handling Tes one-offs

Two one-offs have been fulfilled through myself, and a third is waiting on shipping funds from the buyer for international shipment. I do not want to divulge the one-off owners, but the one-offs I fulfilled have included:

- Waldo PCB, yok red pandas & devil 60 plate
- Baguette keyboard
- (Pending) Baguette rose gold keyboard

If I have anything on hand that is owed to someone, I have made an attempt to fulfill it for them. As I mentioned before, the various one-offs that Tes accepted commissions for are not my responsibility, and I will not be going beyond offering to ship whatever I have. However, one-off folks will be offered a rescue gb slot.

Most one-offs owed to people are dead in the water due to the original manufacturer going dark, unfortunately.

Detailed plan of attack

- Get quotes for various MOQ levels to assist with determining pricing [DONE]
- Get quotes from multiple manufacturers so we have backup manus & price/options comparison [DONE]
- Write 'proposal' (this IC) addressing common concerns & establishing plan [DONE]
- Release all non-public gb info (design files, one-off backlog, manu communication, etc) [DONE]
- Collect IC data for rescue gb to identify MOQs & pricing. Also collect list of participants to want to get a PCB & move on.
- Write Public IC
- Collect IC data for public gb, with quantity of spots & options modified to assist rescue gb
- If there is not enough interest to fill spots (at least 70), consider different component options/colors, use feedback from community to repeat IC
- Proceed as soon as we can fill all spots
- At this point, begin selling donation items & extra PCBs to fund rescue seed
- Nail down payment collection method. Either PP business or shopify basic. Call payment processor & set expectations.
- Determine final price point & options for rescue & public GB, given the amount in rescue seed, MOQs, interest, etc
- Make some fun renders for the new options to include in the GB
- Figure out timeline/estimated shipping date to include in GB post. Write GB post.
- Post GB link as google form for rescue participants. Leave open for a week
- Verify that each rescue participant is indeed a member of original Lumina GB
- After rescue gb window is closed, Post GB link for public participants, with spots/options modified given the outcome of rescue gb form. Leave open for a week.
- confirm shipping address for each participant & determine shipping cost based on their location & selection (alum kits will be higher shipping cost)
- Invoice each member of rescue GB & public GB, include shipping cost with invoice so we only have to collect pmt once. Start collecting payments
- Order prototypes of parts from any new manus (for one of the corian manus, we already have a prototype via @lukelex)
- Confirm prototype components fit together, build a full board to confirm functionality & tolerances are good to go
- Redo design/prototypes as needed. Hopefully not necessary.
- Place full orders for all manufactured parts & components
- Await shipping of all parts
- Also during this window, stay in contact with factories, post updates to GH & discord
- Receive all parts
- Insert all threaded inserts into corian
- Polish corian if needed
- Run QC on all components & PCBs going out
- Begin picking & packing domestic boards
- Begin packing components for int'l boards
- Ship int'l package to EU proxy (and non-EU int'l boards individually)
- Ship domestic boards in batches
- As soon as rescue & public GB are complete and fulfilled, begin invoicing members who just want to get a PCB & move on.
- Ship PCBs

Q&A to address common concerns

- I'm a one-off buyer, do I have a gb slot? - Yes. You can fill out the rescue IC.

- I'm a one-off buyer, but I don't want to join the lumina rescue gb. What do I get? - I unfortunately have nothing else to offer. We need people to engage with the rescue effort in order to fulfill anything.

- I'm an original participant, but don't want to join the rescue gb. What do I get? - Fill out the second form, and I will ship you a Waldo PCB for the cost of shipping to you. You can still join the rescue gb later if you wish, but you'll end up paying more in shipping overall, obviously. Also I cannot gurantee your spot if you do not fill out the rescue IC.

- I'm an original participant, but don't want to join the rescue gb, nor will I pay for shipping my pcb. What can I do? - File a dispute with your bank for the transaction, feel free to join our discord and check out the #disputes channel

- How is it fair to open this gb to the public, using existing components that original participants paid for? - Nothing happens for anyone without a cash infusion. I am utilizing every avenue I can think of to subsidize and lower the cost of the rescue. This is fair in my mind, especially considering that public spots will lower the cost for rescue spots.

- Why is the rescue gb target price 100$ or less, not including shipping? I hoped it would be lower? - We could have made it a LOT lower, but that would require all acrylic (no alum bases), all white corian (no cool colors), and acrylic/alum plates (no POM or CF). The tradeoff is worth it to have good enough options to actually attract enough participants to run a successful gb.

- Who is 'Tes'? - Tesletron (GreenwaldDesigns), the original runner of the Lumina 60 gb. He is no longer involved in the project.

Offline catamscott

« Reply #419 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 12:08:20 »
awesome, glad this is still in progress! heads up though, a couple of the optional questions on the new IC form actually required input.

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #420 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 12:10:09 »
This question says it's optional but it won't let me skip it:

(Same with the one after it)

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #421 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 12:12:14 »
This question says it's optional but it won't let me skip it:

Show Image

I fixed it, so it is no longer required! Sorry about that! I also changed the form to be editable after submission so you can fix this response if you were forced to select something!

Thanks

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
« Reply #422 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 12:14:50 »
My spot/stake/whatever you want to call it is available, ping me if you're interested.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #423 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 13:23:42 »
I too have an avail spot if there's any interest.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #424 on: Thu, 27 May 2021, 13:58:04 »
Someone is selling a lumina on r/mm, wtf?
https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/nm9uup/eudkh_lumina_gmk_merlin_w_paypal_gmk_wob_micons/
I don't recognise it from any of the build prototypes

{edit} Ok caught up with the thread I stopped following, looks like it is the exact rescue prototype.
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 May 2021, 14:02:49 by nathanchere »

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #425 on: Thu, 27 May 2021, 14:24:28 »
I'll also add at this point, as a major skeptic of anything greenwald/tessletron/etc related and totally unforgiving of him, I will be very happy to admit my cynicism was not warranted here if you pull this off. Credit where due, I'm impressed you're still seeing it though.

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #426 on: Thu, 27 May 2021, 14:40:11 »
I'll also add at this point, as a major skeptic of anything greenwald/tessletron/etc related and totally unforgiving of him, I will be very happy to admit my cynicism was not warranted here if you pull this off. Credit where due, I'm impressed you're still seeing it though.
Yup that's Luke's prototype and ty for the confidence! I am regaining some of my free time after a busy month, and looking back into this. There have also been many conversations around payment collection, and how a public side of the GB could help round out MOQs and bring pricing down lower for gb participants.

There's still a lot of work to do but thank you for staying tuned!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #427 on: Sat, 24 December 2022, 14:22:34 »
294854-0294852-1294856-2

Merry xmas guys
This is a work in progress, there's still a lot of kinks I'm working out, but I wanted to share. that's cerakote ruby red on snow white. There are some defects which I will soon be implementing solutions to.

This is my best attempt at attracting new customers to an older board to provide that cash infusion we need to finish this.

There will be solid color options , stenciled pattern options, clear coat additions, and more I won't mention yet

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #428 on: Thu, 01 June 2023, 10:47:53 »
Final update: due to all kinds of barriers with cost, time, and lack of interest, this rescue effort has been ended. I have auctioned off all remaining parts (and items which Tes donated to the cause) in a closed auction available only to original participants, set aside 1-2 pcbs for each original participant that wants one, and I am in the process of finding a bulk buyer for the remainder of the PCBs (about 70x). The proceeds of the auction and PCB sale will be divided and refunded to any original participants that opted in.

I'm pretty confident I already reached out to all of the original GB members  (and any others who Tes owed a one-off) via email or discord, but if you haven't heard from me, and want to benefit from this PCB surrender or refund pool, please reach out to me.

We tried!!

Can't say how much I appreciate the support of everyone who shared kind words regarding this effort. This was worth getting to know you all.