Author Topic: KWK / KBK Therapy  (Read 484532 times)

Offline pr0ximity

Re: KWK / KBK Therapy
« Reply #1500 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 19:00:01 »
Better than being here, trying, and never getting in!   :(
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #1501 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 19:06:50 »
Corey is definitely my favourite artist here. I'm still planing on getting a tatoo of some of his envelope art, as soon as I find an artist that I think can do the work well without making me poor(er).

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1502 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 19:27:14 »
Corey is definitely my favourite artist here. I'm still planing on getting a tatoo of some of his envelope art, as soon as I find an artist that I think can do the work well without making me poor(er).

Thats badass dude! Just remember you get what you pay for. Hence why I havent been in a while. :)

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #1503 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 19:52:55 »
thats 2 funny you should say that  :)) my friend that's an artist was over at my house a couple weeks ago and was giving me **** about not getting some ink in a long time I was hedging saying I didn't know what I wanted and i didn't have the money and he looked over at my wall in my office where i had hung up one of his envelopes and said who drew that up for you that would make a stellar piece!
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #1504 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 20:07:15 »
I wish there was a way to get HipsterPunks to paint my surfboard. Thought I don't think shipping a 7 foot board all the way to New Jersey is practical and affordable  :))

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1505 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 20:08:20 »
thats 2 funny you should say that  :)) my friend that's an artist was over at my house a couple weeks ago and was giving me **** about not getting some ink in a long time I was hedging saying I didn't know what I wanted and i didn't have the money and he looked over at my wall in my office where i had hung up one of his envelopes and said who drew that up for you that would make a stellar piece!

Thats awesome! Here are mine again..  Any of them Sure would be a sick tattoo. Im out of room though, haha

Speaking of therapy.. Why did I let my taffy go...  :'(

« Last Edit: Thu, 25 June 2015, 20:10:28 by dustinhxc »

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #1506 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 21:27:29 »

Thats badass dude! Just remember you get what you pay for. Hence why I havent been in a while. :)
Yeah thats why I'm being so cautious.

Haha, we should all just get KBK tatoos. :))

I wish there was a way to get HipsterPunks to paint my surfboard. Thought I don't think shipping a 7 foot board all the way to New Jersey is practical and affordable  :))
But it would be worth it. ;)

Thats awesome! Here are mine again..  Any of them Sure would be a sick tattoo. Im out of room though, haha

Show Image

Show Image

I had one picked out, but some of those are tempting me.

Show Image

Don't worry, I'm taking good care of him.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1507 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 21:30:52 »

Worf
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1508 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 22:26:24 »

Right on man! I was thinking of getting one of Corey's pieces too, just haven't figured out what or where! Please post pictures if you do

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1509 on: Fri, 26 June 2015, 09:25:04 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Yeah I knew you loved death lives!! :) I'm glad you have him!! I'd totally get a kbk inspired tattoo.!!

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #1510 on: Fri, 26 June 2015, 09:35:14 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Yeah I knew you loved death lives!! :) I'm glad you have him!! I'd totally get a kbk inspired tattoo.!!
i would love to see your tats some day Dustin !
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1511 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 11:45:55 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

There is a tattoo thread somewhere on here. They're all in there. :)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1512 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 13:52:04 »
More

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

One crazy back piece
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1513 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 16:05:39 »
More

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

One crazy back piece

Hell yeah, my favorite piece. Thanks for posting the link bro!  :cool:

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #1514 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 06:23:29 »
More

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

One crazy back piece

holy **** Dustin I was totally not expecting that gorgeous freaking back shot ! You were not joking when you said you don't have much real estate for new pieces left haha  :p

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1515 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 06:39:21 »
More

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

One crazy back piece

holy **** Dustin I was totally not expecting that gorgeous freaking back shot ! You were not joking when you said you don't have much real estate for new pieces left haha  :p

:) Thank You!

Offline tokidokijake

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1516 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 01:36:59 »
So wait...is Hipster done making caps? I'm confused

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1517 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 01:38:33 »
So wait...is Hipster done making caps? I'm confused

Nope, not done! Not sure how out of date you are, but he currently makes caps under the name punksdead, called Kwk caps. He is currently taking a break from making caps due to his personal life, but will be getting back into them once things calm down.  :)

Offline tokidokijake

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1518 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 01:46:48 »
Oh sweet thanks for the update.  I really love his work but am yet to acquire one of those beauties.

I read a comment by sed8op8 that sounded like he was done so I was confused.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #1519 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 01:55:09 »
Oh sweet thanks for the update.  I really love his work but am yet to acquire one of those beauties.

I read a comment by sed8op8 that sounded like he was done so I was confused.
nope before I pass out ill just add that he has some pretty significant changes happening in his life right now and please know I do not speak for him in anyway just repeating info he has already posted. He is still active here and on other forums just not making caps because of the time commitment  8) he is one of If not my favorite artisan so somewhat selfishly I hope he does come back soon haha his work is amazing !!!!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1520 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 01:57:23 »
Wait are we all getting matching kwk ink? I'm down

Offline tokidokijake

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1521 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 02:07:05 »
I'm always down for more ink. Just have to convince the wife to let me get it :-)

Also thanks for clarifying sed8op8

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1522 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 02:46:54 »
I'm always down for more ink. Just have to convince the wife to let me get it :-)

I need more tattoos :(

Maybe I'll do a celebratory tattoo once all my student loans are paid off.  Next up, geekhack sponsored tattoo, the winner picks the ink.

That could end in so many horrible ways.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1523 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 03:18:15 »

I too want kwk ink. Just need the right piece.  :)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1524 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 08:47:56 »

Maybe I'll do a celebratory tattoo once all my student loans are paid off.  Next up, geekhack sponsored tattoo, the winner picks the ink.

Heheh awesome.. :) like in the office, they ended up choosing something Andy would like though. Ha

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1525 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 09:13:02 »

I too want kwk ink. Just need the right piece.  :)
I think with all the envelope art I could figure out the right piece. My problem has been trying to find an artist.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #1526 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 12:10:38 »

Heheh awesome.. :) like in the office, they ended up choosing something Andy would like though. Ha
NARD DOG haha .....worst case scenario tea bag ink courtesy of Bronads haha lol

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1527 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 12:30:06 »

NARD DOG haha .....worst case scenario tea bag ink courtesy of Bronads haha lol

Hahaha YES!!

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #1528 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 20:25:20 »

Inb4 ****butt.jpg

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1529 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 20:31:52 »

Inb4 ****butt.jpg

Censor makes me think you said "****butt". Bring on the tattoos!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1530 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 09:22:08 »
Who has the paranoid purple WARus II? I'm totally down to trade my custom 1 of 1 transparent ruby red for it. The only trans warus II I believe.
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 July 2015, 10:34:40 by dustinhxc »

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #1531 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 09:33:00 »
Who has the paranoid purple WARus II? I'm totally down to trade my custom 1 of 1 transparent ruby red for it. The only teams warus II I believe.
I believe Bro has a paronid purple warus v2 with hypno eyes. Such an amazing cap  :eek:

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1532 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 10:35:00 »
Who has the paranoid purple WARus II? I'm totally down to trade my custom 1 of 1 transparent ruby red for it. The only teams warus II I believe.
I believe Bro has a paronid purple warus v2 with hypno eyes. Such an amazing cap  :eek:

Ohhhhh sweet. :)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1533 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 17:52:11 »
Actually, I think maybe only the vandal came w paranoid eyes and not warus?!  He prob has the vandal! :)

Sooo I found this photo hipster posted:

I anxiously went and grabbed my false idol hoping it would turn pink. Nope mine is normal black. Haha
Who got the mischief version?!?  :eek:

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #1534 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 18:16:56 »
Actually, I think maybe only the vandal came w paranoid eyes and not warus?!  He prob has the vandal! :)

Show Image

I anxiously went and grabbed my false idol hoping it would turn pink. Nope mine is normal black. Haha
oh my god you have a false idol 8)

Haha nope he indeed does have a WARus v2 with Hypno eyes I can go back and  find the pic for you if you want me to. He offered to trade for my vandal with Hypno eyes 8) I'm not sure if he still has it 8)

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #1535 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 18:21:00 »

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #1536 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 18:31:00 »
Also ill post my vandal with Hypno eyes !! Hands down the favorite cap I own and the one that means the most. It was an unexpected gift  :eek: so freaking amazing ! I love his caps so much uggggh I really want a Hypno eye mummy and a double shot one with the new stem. Also want a WARus v1, WARus v2 with Hypno eyes, false idol karma bat MX blanks Arghhhh ughh ahhhhhh haha I love em all goddammit .....I'm going to freak out man  :))

On a serious note though I quite enjoy these caps 8)

Here's my vandal
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 July 2015, 19:06:33 by Sed8op8 »

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #1537 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 18:39:36 »

Also ill post my vandal with Hypno eyes !! Hands down the favorite cap I own and the one that means the most. It was an unexpected gift  :eek: so freaking amazing ! I love his caps so much uggggh I really want a Hypno eye mummy and a double shot none with the new stem. Also want a WARus v1, WARus v2 with Hypno eyes, false idol karma bat MX blanks Arghhhh ughh ahhhhhh haha I love em all goddammit .....I'm going to freak out man  :))

Here's my vandal

Woah that is soooooo awesome! Did you get that in a trade?

I am so blown by that artisan holyyyyyy

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1538 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 19:04:00 »
Show Image

Also ill post my vandal with Hypno eyes !! Hands down the favorite cap I own and the one that means the most. It was an unexpected gift  :eek: so freaking amazing ! I love his caps so much uggggh I really want a Hypno eye mummy and a double shot none with the new stem. Also want a WARus v1, WARus v2 with Hypno eyes, false idol karma bat MX blanks Arghhhh ughh ahhhhhh haha I love em all goddammit .....I'm going to freak out man  :))

Here's my vandal

Omggg those are both epic!!! That's cool he made it in both!!

Yeah if you go back a few pages I posted a photo of it. :)

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1539 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 19:28:16 »

Show Image

Far, far and away continues to be my favorite color+cast artisan cap ever.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #1540 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 22:57:20 »

Show Image

Yo, I need that cap
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #1541 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 23:10:24 »

Show Image

Yo, I need that cap
I am so in love with the mischief plum pink mummy  :eek: I think I would really stab someone in the neck with a rusty fork for one  :)) here's some KbK pron for you folks 8)

Edit: picture courtesy of hipsterpunks

« Last Edit: Sat, 11 July 2015, 23:12:32 by Sed8op8 »

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #1542 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 23:13:34 »
You know you're deep into the hobby when you would rather look at pictures of keycaps than porn.  :))

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1543 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 23:52:30 »

Show Image

Yo, I need that cap
I am so in love with the mischief plum pink mummy  :eek: I think I would really stab someone in the neck with a rusty fork for one  :)) here's some KbK pron for you folks 8)

Edit: picture courtesy of hipsterpunks

Yeah I really wish I could find one!

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1544 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 02:48:00 »
You know you're deep into the hobby when you would rather look at pictures of keycaps than porn.  :))

Really???

I'm starting my own channel now, Fake Keycaps
I'll lure you first
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1545 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 02:55:34 »
Where are people getting all of these KBKs?? I've been looking for a while now, no luck :-[

I've found that KWK/KBK owners have a tendency to hold onto them pretty tightly, and if they do trade them it's only for other KWK/KBK. And you'll almost never see one for sale in classifieds or otherwise. You kinda just have to get lucky in sales and amass your own collection :thumb:

Or you can break into Dustin's house, and take it all

No luck here too... got too late into the game

Lol oh no  ^-^

I still really need to meetup with you next time I'm in the cities!  :D  Would love to get a glimpse at the collection.

I wish I actually paid attention to KBK sales when they where being made and had active sales... My mummy II has shown me how much I've missed out on.  :'(

At least I have one of these amazing caps.  :)

You want two? $125.25
hnnnnggggg

I'll giev you a hnnnnggggg alright!
how about a gift certificate to tim horntons eh
I heard you guys like that place eh....? :eek:

Oh no i didnt  :))

Sigh, don't get me started on the garbage that is Tim hortons.

...says the guy that stopped at every Tim Hortons we passed...   :))
 :-*

Also ill post my vandal with Hypno eyes !! Hands down the favorite cap I own and the one that means the most. It was an unexpected gift  :eek: so freaking amazing ! I love his caps so much uggggh I really want a Hypno eye mummy and a double shot one with the new stem. Also want a WARus v1, WARus v2 with Hypno eyes, false idol karma bat MX blanks Arghhhh ughh ahhhhhh haha I love em all goddammit .....I'm going to freak out man  :))

Here's my vandal

Hnnnggg that's such a beautiful photo...!  Nice caps all around.   :thumb:

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1546 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 04:49:02 »
Where are people getting all of these KBKs?? I've been looking for a while now, no luck :-[

I've found that KWK/KBK owners have a tendency to hold onto them pretty tightly, and if they do trade them it's only for other KWK/KBK. And you'll almost never see one for sale in classifieds or otherwise. You kinda just have to get lucky in sales and amass your own collection :thumb:

Or you can break into Dustin's house, and take it all

No luck here too... got too late into the game

Lol oh no  ^-^

I still really need to meetup with you next time I'm in the cities!  :D  Would love to get a glimpse at the collection.

I wish I actually paid attention to KBK sales when they where being made and had active sales... My mummy II has shown me how much I've missed out on.  :'(

At least I have one of these amazing caps.  :)

You want two? $125.25
hnnnnggggg

I'll giev you a hnnnnggggg alright!
how about a gift certificate to tim horntons eh
I heard you guys like that place eh....? :eek:

Oh no i didnt  :))

Sigh, don't get me started on the garbage that is Tim hortons.

...says the guy that stopped at every Tim Hortons we passed...   :))
 :-*

Here's my vandal

Hnnnggg that's such a beautiful photo...!  Nice caps all around.   :thumb:

Yeah I'd like to meet you as well sometime!  :cool:

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #1547 on: Tue, 14 July 2015, 04:37:06 »
I just realized that I talked about it with Hips, interviewed him about it, discussed colorways...but I still don't have a cap from him. :))  I gotta fix this whenever the next sale rolls around.

Offline tokidokijake

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1548 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 18:20:45 »
I need therapy for the unknown of when more of these delicious maps will be made/sold. Please console me

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1549 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 15:26:26 »
Who are the biggest KBK fans?!  Joey Quinn, hwood34, byker, Sed8op8?   :p