Author Topic: [GB] SHIPPING-The Pawn - 35% keyboard kit with wood case  (Read 19065 times)

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
    • Bishop Computer Design web
Re: [GB] SHIPPING-The Pawn - 35% keyboard kit with wood case
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 27 October 2016, 10:54:59 »
i have expierenced that once or twice before with the stabs. to fix it i usually give them alittle bend outwards. as for the switches popping out, the friction of the hole usually keeps them in place altho ive had that happen before and used a pair of tweezers or thin metal blade or similar to hold them down when pulling out the caps. i'm really sorry your having issues. let me know if there is anything i can do.
Projects
Build to give back, 40% | Alps/Matias Removal ToolUltraHack 67% Hackdura  | ErgoDox case

Offline tinyprawn

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 27 October 2016, 19:34:33 »
i have expierenced that once or twice before with the stabs. to fix it i usually give them alittle bend outwards. as for the switches popping out, the friction of the hole usually keeps them in place altho ive had that happen before and used a pair of tweezers or thin metal blade or similar to hold them down when pulling out the caps. i'm really sorry your having issues. let me know if there is anything i can do.

I'll ty bending the stabilizers a bit.

This is nothing serious. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't ignoring some specific method or missing a tool.

I'm going to plug it in and mess with the programming this weekend.

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
    • Bishop Computer Design web
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 27 October 2016, 19:44:35 »

I'll ty bending the stabilizers a bit.

This is nothing serious. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't ignoring some specific method or missing a tool.

I'm going to plug it in and mess with the programming this weekend.

cool. you did get your programming file didnt you? hopefully that will make the programming alot easier.

other than the 2 issues how is the keyboard so far?
Projects
Build to give back, 40% | Alps/Matias Removal ToolUltraHack 67% Hackdura  | ErgoDox case

Offline tinyprawn

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 27 October 2016, 22:33:38 »

[...] how is the keyboard so far?

It's very light and far more portable than my JD45 which only has a few more keys.  I'm excited to try it as a document composing input device on my iPad using the "camera adapter".  Once I get the layers worked out, I'll be unstoppable.

Also, in OS X and iOS, "space space" = ".  " so I can move the period key to the second layer without slowing down my composition.

Offline tinyprawn

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 21:25:07 »
I'm playing around with the TMK editor and came up with a plan to use the bottom right keys for "fn1" and "fn2" and then I was like "oh snap, I should make a thing where I hit both and go to "fn3"!

It seems like the TMK Firmware Builder website (http://kb.sized.io) has some limits in what it can do with the keycaps and things. I would like some more advanced things like tapping fn1 = '.' and tapping fn2 = '/' but I can mess with that later.  For now, does TMK allow this function key arrangement without accidentally losing the ability to get back to the default layer?

151467-0

Offline tinyprawn

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 30 October 2016, 22:29:54 »
That Layer 3 setup seems to work.

Played typing of the dead with my custom layout for a few hours tonight and it was awesome. I need to unlock the hardcore mode before I can switch to a numbers and symbols dictionary.