Brighenne's Noxary X60
17 (34.7%)
Khers' Noxary X60
18 (36.7%)
Ramnes' Noxary X60
14 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: Sun, 27 August 2017, 12:05:23

Author Topic: Keyboard of the Month - July - Vote  (Read 13711 times)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
Keyboard of the Month - July - Vote
« on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 12:05:23 »
So I locked the nomination thread then forgot to do the poll thread... Oops...

This month is the turn of the 60% boards! Completely unintentional but with people receiving their Noxary X60 boards in the post it was inevitable we would have a few pop up in the nominations!

Our first X60 comes from brighenne who has gone with a Noxious vibe...

Originally posted here

Next is Khers' X60 with 60g vintage blacks

Additional photo is here

Finally we have Ramnes' Noxary X60 with a lovely red theme going on

Additional photos here

The poll will be open for seven days! Good luck everyone!
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 August 2017, 15:57:34 by katushkin »
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: Keyboard of the Month - July - Vote
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 12:16:25 »
Tough for me :'( Will have to vote in a couple of days.

P.S. They're all "Noxary X60" :-*
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 August 2017, 12:36:07 by xondat »

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 12:25:18 »
Voted

Offline Felion

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 16:54:39 »
Voted!
FC660c|RF88UB|HHKB pro2 type-s|GH60 Satans|Model M|Novatouch Alu-Chassi, "type -s"|Whitefox|RSII|V60|Plum84|RC930-87|Ducky3|Minivan|Planck|GH60revC|Pok3r|MF68|Ducky Mini|and more|Likör47 - GeekHack KotM March 2017

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 21:43:23 »
Voted - easy one this month.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 05:53:25 »

That's what I get for being out of the game for a while haha. Thanks.

Offline invariance

• ...here with all the other boson's
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 06:01:08 »

Or are the typos karma for starting the July Numinations late????  ;D
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
PN:1391401
DOB: 04FEB87
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104
SMK Blue: Chicony KB-5181; HyperX Aqua: HyperX Alloy Origins *Yet-to-rebuild: A 69 key C. P. Clare Foam & Foil assy *Rubber: Digital LK46W-A2; uSoft Natural Pro RT9401, Natural Multimedia 1.0A RT9470, Natural Ergonomic 4000 KU-0460; "Avid" Sejin SLKR2233; "Diamond Touch" Mitsubishi 6511-PB

Offline E3E

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 07:25:29 »
Ha, wow. It's the battle of the X60s! That's actually pretty neat.

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 09:18:02 »
Very nice looking keyboards this month. It's nice to be able to choose from similar types of boards. It makes it easier to compare their subtle differences and the individual executions made by the owners.

Offline _haru

• Formerly linuxfanatic
  • Back from the dead
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 09:23:57 »
Very tough choice between the 1st and 2nd boards. But I made it!
AMJ60 - 45g MX White | GH60 Rev. C - Ghost Gateron Blacks | DFK101 - Alps SKCM Cream | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL - 62g Vintage MX Ergo Clear

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 15:58:11 »

Or are the typos karma for starting the July Numinations late????  ;D

I had a brain fart and thought it was "Notary". Don't know why.

Offline richfiles

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 04:27:00 »
July is pretty homogenous... Man, none of these really speak to me. The first one I nominated was taken off the table for nomination cause it wasn't complete, and apparently my next nomination wasn't even noticed by anyone else... I mean, these are all nice keyboards and all, if you dig 60%... It's just not my thing. Can't decide whether to refrain from voting this month or vote on arbitrarily random junk like the typeface on the keys or the colors I'm least bored with... I mean really, I imagine they are all GREAT functional keyboards... I know their builders are surely happy with them. They just hit every nail on the head as far as not speaking to me goes!  :( Sorry!

Wow... I mean... Did we really "numinate" three of the same thing.
"75% + 1" Keyboard with "Danger Zone" keycaps and magnetically detachable Number Pad. Dyed Gateron Blue switches with amber sub lighting. Blue anodized plate and wood trim. (Firmware in Progress)
Bluetooth Apple //c keyboard with Alps SKCM Amber Switches. (Build in Progress)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 21:40:28 »
July is pretty homogenous... Man, none of these really speak to me. The first one I nominated was taken off the table for nomination cause it wasn't complete, and apparently my next nomination wasn't even noticed by anyone else... I mean, these are all nice keyboards and all, if you dig 60%... It's just not my thing. Can't decide whether to refrain from voting this month or vote on arbitrarily random junk like the typeface on the keys or the colors I'm least bored with... I mean really, I imagine they are all GREAT functional keyboards... I know their builders are surely happy with them. They just hit every nail on the head as far as not speaking to me goes!  :( Sorry!

Wow... I mean... Did we really "numinate" three of the same thing.

You are not compelled to vote.

Maybe just sit this one out.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 21:48:06 »
I mean, it's just how the process works out sometimes. Some people suggested we have themed months but I think that takes something away from it.

I think it says something about the integrity of the competition that we can still have a varied month with three of the same board hah.

Offline richfiles

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 02:06:54 »
I might give this a look over before the vote is closed. I might have also bled some of my no-eclipse frustration into that last post... Darn weather...  :rolleyes:

I know how much effort and enjoyment can come from building that particular keyboard that you personally desire. I just don't know how to differentiate these end results... I think I want to go over the build threads for them... As a builder myself, I could certainly vote on the one that seems to have the most thought and effort put into it's build. That's something I can definitely get behind, even if the final product doesn't directly appeal to me personally. I certainly respect quality craftsmanship and the passion to build. :thumb:

Sometimes you just have to look at things from a different perspective.

**EDIT**
I've looked over the questions, comments and process these three individuals came to reach completion of their respective keyboards, over in the Noxary X60 GB thread. I think I've decided on who to vote for, based on how I perceived the creative process of the builders and how their builds progressed from initial questions or excitement, to final completion. I didn't see any dedicated build threads for any of these (though I gave up looking after only a few minutes searching, cause it's already passed 3 in the morning now). Most of what these three did appears to exist primarily in that thread, or in "share your X photo" threads. That made it a bit harder to decide, but also consolidated all the relevant activity in one place for convenient review.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 August 2017, 03:17:59 by richfiles »
"75% + 1" Keyboard with "Danger Zone" keycaps and magnetically detachable Number Pad. Dyed Gateron Blue switches with amber sub lighting. Blue anodized plate and wood trim. (Firmware in Progress)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 03:17:07 »
I don't know all the specs, but I'll list what I know for each one.

Brighenne:
  • Black 60%, Carbon Edition 01/10 with a Stainless Steel weight
  • Carbon Fiber plate
  • GMK Terminal
  • Touch of Poison Reaper V1 & THC2 Jolly MOBA set

Khers:
  • Silver HHKB, Founders Edition 20/30 with a Brass weight
  • Red aluminum plate with lubed, stickered, and 60g spring swapped Nixies with a NerD60
  • Cherry dye subs (with some doubleshots on certain row)

Ramnes:
  • Red 60%, Founders Edition 20/30 with a Brass weight
  • Gold plate and winkeyless b.face PCB
  • Keyset from a G81-3209 SAR (1 of 3 he knows of)

Obviously I'm going to be biased, but I think these each have a stand out thing about their builds that really separate it from others (considering I managed to ship 80 X60s within July). Brighenne has the colorway, Khers has the switches (worth noting OG Cherry + silver case is my all time favorite combo), and Ramnes has the keyset that's super rare.

Offline brighenne

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 09:58:13 »
My board has lubed vintage black stems with 62g gold springs in zealio housings on a zeal pcb.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 13:21:53 »
Wow! What a close fought vote for this month's competition! Congratulations KHERS on winning by just one vote!

Thank you to everyone who voted, and I'm so glad that even with a month where I was so late, and we had three of the same make of boards, we were able to garner so much interest and votes from you all!

Offline E3E

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 17:51:05 »
Congrats Khers! I didn't place a vote since they're all such similar boards with great features, but it was definitely cool to see three of a kind show up in the runnings.

Offline _haru

• Formerly linuxfanatic
  • Back from the dead
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 17:56:38 »
Congrats!
AMJ60 - 45g MX White | GH60 Rev. C - Ghost Gateron Blacks | DFK101 - Alps SKCM Cream | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL - 62g Vintage MX Ergo Clear

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 21:38:27 »
Congrats Khers!

Offline brighenne

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 23:09:23 »
Close one! Congrats Khers!

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 05:45:28 »
Congratulations, Khers! And thanks for the nomination and votes, I wasn't expecting that much enthusiasm. :)
23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline Felion

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 08:05:03 »
Congrats!  :thumb:
FC660c|RF88UB|HHKB pro2 type-s|GH60 Satans|Model M|Novatouch Alu-Chassi, "type -s"|Whitefox|RSII|V60|Plum84|RC930-87|Ducky3|Minivan|Planck|GH60revC|Pok3r|MF68|Ducky Mini|and more|Likör47 - GeekHack KotM March 2017

Offline richfiles

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 22:57:14 »
Haha! I'm sorry we don't live up to your standards, but everyone can't like blue.
E: Just realised my board won! Wow! Thanks to everyone who voted!

Congrats Khers!

Trust me... You lived up to my standards... You ALL lived up to my standards. Your keyboard ain't my style. None of these were. That doesn't equal bad keyboards. Quite to the contrary. They are all three AMAZING builds that each suited the builder differently. You all had passion for your builds. That's why I voted based on elements of the creative build process, rather than on whether I liked the particular type or style of the keyboard. Trust me, you dun good! ;)

Would it surprise you that I actually prefer green over blue?  :p
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 August 2017, 23:02:57 by richfiles »

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 02:01:34 »
Congrats Khers!  :thumb:
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar