Author Topic: Elzy (Sifo blog, warning: weeb garbage)  (Read 40370 times)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Elzy (Sifo blog, warning: weeb garbage)
« on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 20:21:47 »
This is mostly for myself to organize some stuff but if you were ever curious about it for whatever reason, here's some backstory. A few people have asked what happened to Mari and who's the new girl. Last time I changed my picture someone made a thread about it...

Old avatar of Mari from Evangelion: 3.0

OG sprite drawn by Rimuu, animated by KJOEE88.

You may have seen the character in my avatar pop up in various places. Today happens to be the 5 year anniversary of me coming up with the idea. I tend to keep to myself these days within the hobby so I never really shared it with anyone outside of friends, it's just for fun. My shilling days are (mostly) over.

Elzy is my anthropomorphized keyboard mascot. If you're familiar with my keyboard, the LZ-S, you'll probably recognize some of the design features. There's a lot of references so I'm too lazy to go over every single detail but I did want to keep it simple, as a metal rectangle should be. I also simplified the "Clacks" out of respect for CC's art and for a cuter vibe.

Reference sheet drawn by a friend at the time. Unfortunately they disappeared on me one day.

Kancolle, a game about boats as anime girls, was still popular around that time so I just copied it and ended up with Keycolle instead. Some of the design was inspired by Kizuna Ai as well. Although I came up with the idea 5 years ago I didn't actually have the character finalized until 3 years after. A lot of thought went into the design and I was super picky about it being recognizable and not too complicated.

Concept stuff, spent the longest time picking a hairstyle.

More

Alternative outfit designs

Now that I think about it, quite a lot of people have Elzy stickers. So if you got to see one I hope you found it cute, even if you never used it or threw it out. I have no plans of selling Elzy stuff, they're usually just given away at events or with my projects.

The first stickers were drawn by Rimuu and were included as freebies if you ordered a set of ePBT Blank Blue from ApexKeyboards. ePBT Blank Blue is a replica of imsto's blue PBT caps, which I had been using on my LZ-S since I first got it. I also had a very small amount of t-shirts made and a drawstring bag for myself. Rimuu is like the unofficial-official artist of Elzy at this point so much love and support to her for working with a weirdo like me, check out her stuff.

Rimuu chibi

There was a small test batch of a Riyo style stickers that I had made for myself and some friends. Riyo is an artist who draws chibis for FGO in a very recognizable style, but unfortunately this is just an imitation done by a great friend of mine.

TaehaTypes' thumbnail w/ Riyo-style chibi

The next stickers were an imitation of Padoru Padoru, a meme that also comes from the Fate series. These were given away during a Toronto keyboard meetup. I think it was in January and out of season but those disappeared real quick. Drawn by same anonymous friend above.

Padoru

Since I liked how the Riyo ones turned out I had some foil ones made. Unfortunately the QC is pretty bad so I kept them all to myself and a few friends that asked. Dunno what I'll do with them.

Riyo-style foil

The most recent ones come as a box slap, featuring my profile picture. It's a redraw of a frame from the 3rd Evangelion movie, the one that I've used as my GH avatar since forever ago. My only regret is not making a blinking version like before. It took me a while before I was confident with it to replace my blinking Mari avatar on GH but here we are.

Artwork by grape

Going forward I'll make sure the artwork is set up for full bleed printing so there are no white borders.

There are other pics too that were personal commissions. Some were from art raffles and some from my keyboard anniversaries. Here's a few fun ones.

kaxukin

drawwithjoo

There is also the time she cosplayed as Saber Alter for the GMK Alter box art. I shopped around for an artist for like over a month before having Rimuu do it again. Couldn't be any happier.

Illustration by Rimuu, animated by KJOEE88.

Since I forgot who took which photo I didn't credit anyone but if you yell at me I'll put your name or take it down, sorry.

Anyway I just wanted to finally formally introduce her for the few people who were curious. Thanks for stopping by!
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 April 2021, 02:33:03 by Sifo »
I love Elzy

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: Elzy (Sifo blog, warning: weeb garbage)
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 21:14:27 »
Surprised no ones cornered the keyboard dakimakura market yet. I'd totally buy a Model M bodypillow.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 16 January 2021, 02:56:46 »
Love it. Love Elzy. Super cute and I like the dedication towards forming this entire character.

Offline yui

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 05:38:11 »
"weeb garbage" is a strong way to say it, i am not at all into manga but find that whole thing rather interesting and the idea of a keyboard waifu funny :) have a good one
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 18:58:08 »
That blinking avatar really stood out to me when I first found GH. And your keyboard has to be one of the most iconic kustoms around. I jumped at the chance to get those blue caps on reissue (EU though so no sticker  :( ).  I had no idea about this character you've created, but I love the devotion and thought you've put into such a leftfield idea.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 22:37:37 »
I put the original in the OP for your nostalgia

Also dug up a ton of conversations from when I was still coming up with the design, might organize that and share some concept stuff.
I love Elzy

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 18:21:04 »
This is mostly for myself to organize some stuff but if you were ever curious about it for whatever reason, here's some backstory. A few people have asked what happened to Mari and who's the new girl. Last time I changed my picture someone made a thread about it...

Show Image

Old avatar of Mari from Evangelion: 3.0

Show Image

OG sprite drawn by Rimuu, animated by KJOEE88.

You may have seen the character in my avatar pop up in various places. Today happens to be the 5 year anniversary of me coming up with the idea. I tend to keep to myself these days within the hobby so I never really shared it with anyone outside of friends, it's just for fun. My shilling days are (mostly) over.

Show Image

Elzy is my anthropomorphized keyboard mascot. If you're familiar with my keyboard, the LZ-S, you'll probably recognize some of the design features. There's a lot of references so I'm too lazy to go over every single detail but I did want to keep it simple, as a metal rectangle should be. I also simplified the "Clacks" out of respect for CC's art and for a cuter vibe.

Show Image

Reference sheet drawn by a friend at the time. Unfortunately they disappeared on me one day.

Kancolle, a game about boats as anime girls, was still popular around that time so I just copied it and ended up with Keycolle instead. Some of the design was inspired by Kizuna Ai as well. Although I came up with the idea 5 years ago I didn't actually have the character finalized until 3 years after. A lot of thought went into the design and I was super picky about it being recognizable and not too complicated.

Show Image

Concept stuff, spent the longest time picking a hairstyle.

Now that I think about it, quite a lot of people have Elzy stickers. So if you got to see one I hope you found it cute, even if you never used it or threw it out. I have no plans of selling Elzy stuff, they're usually just given away at events or with my projects.

Show Image

The first stickers were drawn by Rimuu and were included as freebies if you ordered a set of ePBT Blank Blue from ApexKeyboards. ePBT Blank Blue is a replica of imsto's blue PBT caps, which I had been using on my LZ-S since I first got it. I also had a very small amount of t-shirts made and a drawstring bag for myself. Rimuu is like the unofficial-official artist of Elzy at this point so much love and support to her for working with a weirdo like me, check out her stuff.

Show Image

Rimuu chibi

There was a small test batch of a Riyo style stickers that I had made for myself and some friends. Riyo is an artist who draws chibis for FGO in a very recognizable style, but unfortunately this is just an imitation done by a great friend of mine.

Show Image

TaehaTypes' thumbnail w/ Riyo-style chibi

The next stickers were an imitation of Padoru Padoru, a meme that also comes from the Fate series. These were given away during a Toronto keyboard meetup. I think it was in January and out of season but those disappeared real quick. Drawn by same anonymous friend above.

Show Image

Padoru

Since I liked how the Riyo ones turned out I had some foil ones made. Unfortunately the QC is pretty bad so I kept them all to myself and a few friends that asked. Dunno what I'll do with them.

Show Image

Riyo-style foil

The most recent ones come as a box slap, featuring my profile picture. It's a redraw of a frame from the 3rd Evangelion movie (RIP 3+1), the one that I've used as my GH avatar since forever ago. My only regret is not making a blinking version like before. It took me a while before I was confident with it to replace my blinking Mari avatar on GH but here we are.

Show Image

Artwork by grape

Going forward I'll make sure the artwork is set up for full bleed printing so there are no white borders.

There are other pics too that were personal commissions. Some were from art raffles and some from my keyboard anniversaries. Here's a few fun ones.

Show Image

kaxukin

Show Image

drawwithjoo

There is also the time she cosplayed as Saber Alter for the GMK Alter box art. I shopped around for an artist for like over a month before having Rimuu do it again. Couldn't be any happier.

Show Image

Illustration by Rimuu, animated by KJOEE88.

Since I forgot who took which photo I didn't credit anyone but if you yell at me I'll put your name or take it down, sorry.

Anyway I just wanted to finally formally introduce her for the few people who were curious. Thanks for stopping by!
Y'all get stickers and full on vinyl figures and what do i get...?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 21:11:29 »
join the dark side
I love Elzy

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 10:38:17 »
early/alternative outfit concepts

I have like 3 in-progress commissions to celebrate my 8 year anniversary with the LZ-S so soonTM
I love Elzy

Offline JohnSun

• love what you do, do what you love
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 09:41:19 »
early/alternative outfit concepts

Show Image

I have like 3 in-progress commissions to celebrate my 8 year anniversary with the LZ-S so soonTM
I really like the idea. It looks really interesting. This art is perfect for a website. And this is not only for educational topics. It seems to me that you are very talented :thumb:.
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 January 2021, 09:35:41 by JohnSun »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 19:08:14 »

Latest from 0Nasu1011, super happy with their work!

I love Elzy

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 19:23:24 »
Show Image

Show Image

Latest from 0Nasu1011, super happy with their work!
Drinking RO-59 what in the world is this new Pocari Sweat

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 22:25:16 »
it's milk, look the label says milk, milk for keyboards

I love Elzy

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 22:47:41 »
waiting for the Rule34

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 22:50:09 »
I love Elzy

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 23:23:51 »
it's milk, look the label says milk, milk for keyboards

m-milk... yes...

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 15:07:20 »

Illustration by Steeb

I love Clacks so I had them drawn like the real ones for once. I think for the character I prefer the bootleg cutsie looking ones though.

That's all I had planned for the 8 year anniversary on Feb 15.
I love Elzy

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 15:30:37 »
Show Image

Illustration by Steeb

I love Clacks so I had them drawn like the real ones for once. I think for the character I prefer the bootleg cutsie looking ones though.

That's all I had planned for the 8 year anniversary on Feb 15.

Najs, although the hairpin does look like it cuts off a bit abruptly (maybe just not enough depth)

What's the watch? A Seiko?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 15:46:57 »
I think the left side of the hairpin is hidden under hair which is why it looks shorter. Watch is supposed to be a Skyfall Aqua Terra on a blue strap but I don't get picky about it being accurate as long as I know what it's supposed to be.
I love Elzy

Offline yui_

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 19:53:40 »
262463-0

My contribution! Celebrated Elzy's anniversary by putting my Elzy slap on the back of my 356n mk2.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 15:17:58 »
hell yea dollar keychains (the scuffs you see are the protective film)

art by rimuu.com
I love Elzy

Offline pancake

• instagram
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 15:37:04 »
keychain raffle open until 3/14 11:59pm pt

gl

https://forms.gle/QGcKAxwsdSh99LjW8

invoices out ggs
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 March 2021, 03:33:11 by TheMagicPancake »
SA Bisoromi | GMK Gregory
More
HHKB Snow | HHKB Snow 25th | Kafka 87 | OTD 360c | Realforce R3TL BT | RS | RS60 | RS65 | TGR Jane v2 CE

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 17:02:55 »
yoooooooo i'm in

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 19:56:29 »
Why do people have mascots? I get that the twitter account i manage has one but it isn't anime and made for anime things -

Offline ItszBrian

• GMK Devoted
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 20:22:16 »
So cute

Offline LaserCrafter

• reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 19 March 2021, 01:44:34 »
Why do people have mascots? I get that the twitter account i manage has one but it isn't anime and made for anime things -

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.
Keyboard Collection: Unikorn, Orion v2.5, Orion v3, Realforce 87u, Viper v3, NMB RT8756CGR, Unicorn x Legend, Das II, TC-V3, Jetfire, Wang 325-3770, Lightpad v2

Keyset Collection: OG Doubleshots, CRP 2551 R4, Muted 2, Cyan R1, WoB, DCS Wyse, ISO OG POM, ePBT Blanks, BSP Blanks, BoW + Gigachild

Offline BapoDonu

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 21:06:06 »
So good give more

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 23:34:38 »
art costs money man. I do have one commission WIP from an artist I really like working with though, soonTM
I love Elzy

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 10 April 2021, 21:22:10 »
This should be called the sifo warning if there is weeb garbage

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 03:11:54 »
art costs money man. I do have one commission WIP from an artist I really like working with though, soonTM

hype

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 17 April 2021, 11:24:55 »
this has been brought to my attention so we can make the hair clip happen

https://keeb.io/products/mx-keycap-hairclip
I love Elzy

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 19:52:18 »

Elzy in her natural habitat, by Fuma who I've commissioned in the past for some other stuff.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 May 2021, 22:42:22 by Sifo »
I love Elzy

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 08:50:22 »
Show Image

Elzy in her natural habitat, by Fuma who I've commissioned in the past for some other stuff.
Nice. Elzy looking cute

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 11 May 2021, 19:17:59 »
Needed a few super minor revisions to this one but Fuma's fast. Turns out the desktop wallpaper is in fact Elzy. Looks like it'd be a great dakimakura design if Qlavier didn't beat me to it (I'm just kidding, I never had plans for this).

Surprised no ones cornered the keyboard dakimakura market yet. I'd totally buy a Model M bodypillow.

Looking forward to your post in "What did you get in the mail today" thread

I love Elzy

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 10:32:33 »
What do you mean you don't take your keyboard to the beach?

It's a little early but certainly doesn't feel that way with how hot it's getting. Elzy and I wish you a happy, fun-filled summer season.

by lufi_ays on twitter
https://twitter.com/lufi_ays
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 June 2021, 16:16:58 by Sifo »
I love Elzy

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 10:37:07 »
What do you mean you don't take your keyboard to the beach?

It's a little early but certainly doesn't feel that way with how hot it's getting. Elzy and I wish you a happy, fun-filled summer season.

Show Image

by lufi, ays on twitter
https://twitter.com/lufi_ays
Elzy beach skin, pog

Summer event gacha

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 17:38:38 »
Rare illustration of Elzy facing the other direction.

Freebie head shot from lufi_ays

the hair pin is a bit too large but the fixed version isn't as clean so i'm using this one
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 June 2021, 17:56:19 by Sifo »
I love Elzy

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 11 July 2021, 20:42:46 »
Thank you My! I wanted to commission them ever since the GMK Greg illustration.

So what could Elzy possibly be thinking about
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 July 2021, 02:24:52 by Sifo »
I love Elzy

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 18 January 2022, 16:55:44 »
You've probably seen it a while back, but the Skadi sticker has been officially revealed. Everyone who bought a set of Skadi from Apex Keyboards will receive one. Unrelated to Elzy, production is nearly wrapped up for that set.

do re ni shi yo u ka na~

I also have another fun thing coming in the next week or so. Hoping to do more Elzy stuff this year, just kinda lazy and dry on ideas for what to make.
I love Elzy

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 18 January 2022, 16:57:47 »
yay more elzy stuff - she cute

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 21 January 2022, 09:52:26 »
so how about an Elzy Nendoroid

Illustration by Shiori2525

toy makers my dms are open
I love Elzy

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 21 February 2022, 10:03:18 »
Chibis from hikikomorinz

Thinking of making the 2nd one into a sticker
I love Elzy

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 21 February 2022, 13:12:48 »
That second one is so cute hahah +1 on stickers..

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 02 March 2022, 07:17:28 »
weeb af sifo get a life lmao

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 02 March 2022, 11:54:41 »
weeb af sifo get a life lmao

ur mad cuz u sold urs
I love Elzy

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #47 on: Sun, 20 March 2022, 16:43:35 »

Does this count as Elzy content
I love Elzy

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #48 on: Sun, 20 March 2022, 18:21:37 »
Yes, I like it

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 07 June 2022, 12:20:03 »

Kinda wanna do shirts or stickers with these. I love my keyboard.

I will be at AX to acquire more Elzy content.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 June 2022, 18:41:03 by Sifo »
I love Elzy