Author Topic: [IC] GMK November Fog - Last days for the GB! Ends Dec 1 11:59PM EST  (Read 58431 times)

Offline waynexu

• My website
Re: [IC] GMK November Fog
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 21 July 2021, 16:13:10 »
Great color, I am always a fan of muted color. one small suggestion, fix the keycaps to use Cherry models, these caps look like OEM instead of cherry.

Offline Taziza

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 04:29:02 »
This is an amazing set, very versatile, zen, and a different take on the nature theme.
I am not convinced on the deskmat on one of the designs, but l will wait and see.

Also it would be amazing to get matching salvun keys (some of the latest sets have Rama and salvun keys that actually don't match the set colours at all).

Really looking for this one.

Offline krugerlive

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 11:40:46 »
Thank you everyone for all the feedback, suggestions, and kind words.  To answer some specific questions...

This is an amazing set, very versatile, zen, and a different take on the nature theme.
I am not convinced on the deskmat on one of the designs, but l will wait and see.

Also it would be amazing to get matching salvun keys (some of the latest sets have Rama and salvun keys that actually don't match the set colours at all).

Really looking for this one.

Thanks for the comments!  The deskmats in the renders are not the designs that will run with the set.  I just put those designs together really quickly for the purposes of the render.  I wasn't planning on producing those or including them as part of the November Fog offering.  I'm working with proper artists for the deskmats.

I would love work with Salvun for a special keycap for this set, so hopefully that comes to fruition.

Great color, I am always a fan of muted color. one small suggestion, fix the keycaps to use Cherry models, these caps look like OEM instead of cherry.

Ok so I just did the biggest facepalm I've done in years, lmao.  Thank you for your eagle eye observation.  Everything updated in the render files now.

The extensions kit is missing all the necessary keys for UK ISO support, it also requires R3 [#~] and R4 [\|]

Thanks, I'll update the kitting!

I see the potential. I just dont think your first two 'Inspiration' pics match the set at all. The set feels much more muted and pale compared to those deep woodsy colors.

Thanks for the feedback! The goal was to make this set more muted.  The colors are pulled directly from that first photo, but yes, it omits the deeper ones.  That was how I wanted to approach this design as I have also been working on others that are much more squarely in the deep forest theme with those richer colors.

Spacebar kit should be called Logs imo.

You have now renamed the spacebar kit, thank you.

I’d mentioned in discord that I wanted a piece of pie nov. just so long as my switch stems are ‘wrapped in plastic’ I’ll be good.

I looked into including a pie, but it's tough, but I will try with the city novelties.  Would a log work? 

Offline EdgeOfInfinity

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 00:49:42 »
love the theme of this set & i think the custom colors do a good job to convey a "foggy" vibe. i'll be looking forward to seeing updated novelties!

Offline mcmcmc

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 01:08:09 »
insta buy cuz aldo tax

Offline WarlordGorguts

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 04:47:40 »
Nice. This set goes well with a damn fine cup of coffee and a cherry pie)

Offline atyxiao

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 12:47:01 »
Love the colours and vibe! I just wish that the text colour on the mods were cooler like a gray instead of the ?brown you have rendered. Looking forward to deskmats and potential artisan collabs!

Offline Taziza

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 05:47:00 »
I have an additional question, is it possible to include support for latim keys?
Usually is north and UK, so there aren't many sets for the latim countries on southern EU.

Thus, support for pt would be so outstanding. 
Thank you much and really following up on this one, brings me such good vibes.

Offline XiXora

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 07:52:33 »
Any chance of another 1u alt and 1.5u super in base or extension kit please?

Offline krugerlive

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 19:30:44 »

Sure, I can look into it and add them as long as it doesn't mess with pricing much.  Thanks for the feedback!

I have an additional question, is it possible to include support for latim keys?
Usually is north and UK, so there aren't many sets for the latim countries on southern EU.

Do you have an example of a set that had good coverage?  I'm working on an international kit now based on feedback, so lmk what would work best and I can try to include it!  Thanks!

Offline sup3r170va

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 20 August 2021, 07:28:24 »
Nice set. I’ll get it when it runs.
I hope you redo the 40s kit so it’s icon only mods, just like the base is.

Offline Taziza

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 27 August 2021, 09:47:38 »

Sure, I can look into it and add them as long as it doesn't mess with pricing much.  Thanks for the feedback!

Do you have an example of a set that had good coverage?  I'm working on an international kit now based on feedback, so lmk what would work best and I can try to include it!  Thanks!

You can have a look at GMK Electric NorDeUK , it as a wide coverage. The only key I see missing is a single key with the «».
Hence this is a very complete international set.

Also KAT space dust had a kit for each and every taste. This is the southern EU one, the SOUTH  α - SIRIUS | Spanish (EU, LA) Portuguese (EU) & Italian

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=107942.0

However, this would be a kit for each and every region, which I am unsure it is manageable.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 27 August 2021, 10:28:45 »

You can have a look at GMK Electric NorDeUK , it as a wide coverage. The only key I see missing is a single key with the «».
Hence this is a very complete international set.

Also KAT space dust had a kit for each and every taste. This is the southern EU one, the SOUTH  α - SIRIUS | Spanish (EU, LA) Portuguese (EU) & Italian

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=107942.0

However, this would be a kit for each and every region, which I am unsure it is manageable.

traditionally the group that never shows up to buy what they ask for is the NORDE people

in KAT, there is no penalty as it's shared MOQ, but in GMK you need to sell 150-250 kits for it to get made, and on a kit that traditionally has less than 5% adoption in the best scenarios, that means you need to sell 2000ish base kits (more possible than it once was, but unlikely) for it to get made without vendor assistance, and then they always sit for weeks/months because nobody buys them

they're better than they used to be but it's still largely a waste of effort to include full NORDE, from my analysis

if it were up to me, we'd go back to 2013 ISO kits, which were an ISO enter, a 1.25x shift, and 2 blanks
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 27 August 2021, 15:26:24 »

A single 1.5u Super key is really no good on its own. Either add the second one, together with a second 1u Alt, or remove it altogether.

Offline WarlordGorguts

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 06 September 2021, 08:52:48 »
GB in November?)

Offline krugerlive

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 08 September 2021, 17:14:06 »
GB in November?)

More on vendors and timeline next week!  Just finishing a couple things up before the next big update.  Lots to share!

Offline krugerlive

Re: [IC] GMK November Fog - Vendors, Novelties, Deskmat announced! GB in November!
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 24 September 2021, 12:50:05 »
Major Update just posted!  Bump!

Offline WarlordGorguts

Re: [IC] GMK November Fog - Vendors, Novelties, Deskmat announced! GB in November!
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 24 September 2021, 13:18:35 »
Looks great, insta buy for sure.

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 24 September 2021, 13:31:35 »
Glad to see this set come to life!! <3

November coming up!

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 24 September 2021, 13:36:49 »
I did not plan to join this, then I see the new novelty kit. I hate you....

Offline dallman5

« Reply #70 on: Sun, 26 September 2021, 23:59:16 »
those novelties are so good!
LF: OG Cherry APL (lasered), Artisans

Current collection:
More
Norbatouch (Galaxy Blue) | Mira SE (Lunar Grey, WKL) | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300BN) | Noxary X60 (Grey, HHKB) | KBDFans 5 Degree (Silver) | AEK64 (Grey) | Norbaforce (Tactical Black, WKL)) | Realforce 86U (White) | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | LZ-SQ (Black) | LZ-CLS (Grey, WKL) | Duck Orion v1 (Silver, WK)) | Nissho KB106DE | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300B) | LZ CLS-S (Blue, Poker) | Realforce 87U 10th Anniversary) | Realforce 104UK | TGR Alice (Grey on Pink) | Singa (Blue, WKL)  | Quantrik QXP (Blue Grey, WKL) | LZ-GH v2 (Black, WK) | KMAC Happy (Red, Poker)) | IBM Model M SSK (APL) | TGR 910 SE (Pink on Blue) | GSKT-00 (Silver, Poker) | OTD Koala (Silver, WKL) | Realforce R2 PFU Edition (Ivory) | IBM 3279 Beamspring (APL) | TGR Tris (Blue) | LZ-GH v2 (Blue, WKL)) | TGR Jane v2 (Blue-grey, WKL) | LZ-MP (Shine Grey, WKL)  | TGR x Singa Unikorn (Purple) | Justsystems x Realforce 108UG) | IBM Model F Unsaver (APL) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Multicolor, WKL) | Realforce 87U (Blank Black) | Lin Montage (Light Blue, WKL) | GSKT-00 AEK R2 (Grey, HHKB) | Leopold FC660C (Blank Black) | Duck Viper v3 (Grey on Black) | Rama Works M6-C RWxRW | LZ-GH v1 (Black, WKL) | Gok 7v (Grey) | biso x beaming Kei (SS, HHKB) | zacheadams x bisoromi little z | Matrix Noah (Silver/Grey, WKL) | Lin Whale (Pink, WKL) | TGR Alice (Polycarbonate) | Rama Kara (Noct) | Lin Whale75 (Burgundy, F13) | Realforce 89 (Ivory) | Hand Engineering Haus (Bluegrey) | Haytco CAKE60_R1 (Pantone 4167C) | LZ-XE (Grey, WKL) | Noxary X60 V2 (Grey, WK) | Daji Ochocuatro (Grey, WKL) | HHKB Hybird Type-S 25th Anniversary (Snow) | LZ-REs (Grey, WKL) | Matrix 8xv 3.0 (Blue-Black/Deep Grey, WKL) | Realforce 23UB | Biso RS60 (Black, WK) | TGR x MXF Koala (Grey/Black, WKL)

Italics = Incoming, Black = Gone

Offline Taziza

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 27 September 2021, 08:01:30 »
I am quite happy this set has received a green-light to move forward.
Despite there is an international kit, I was a little bit disappointed by how limited it was. One good example that has been mentioned was the GMK Electric (who has a wide coverage), out of my curiosity why this set does not replicate that NorDeUK set?

Please see the attachment to the keys missing from this set.

Thank you so much for your time.

Offline krugerlive

« Reply #72 on: Wed, 29 September 2021, 17:26:02 »
I am quite happy this set has received a green-light to move forward.
Despite there is an international kit, I was a little bit disappointed by how limited it was. One good example that has been mentioned was the GMK Electric (who has a wide coverage), out of my curiosity why this set does not replicate that NorDeUK set?

Please see the attachment to the keys missing from this set.

Thank you so much for your time.

Thanks so much for the feedback! The challenge is of course trying to balance coverage with price, and admittedly I don't know other international layouts as well.  So if it's a reasonable cost to add them, it's something I hope I can do.  When I submitted the last round of updates to GMK, I included a question about doing this, so hopefully good news comes back. 

I really appreciate your comment/insight and it helps make this a better set, thank you!
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 October 2021, 15:35:10 by krugerlive »

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
This is by far one of the most well executed sets I have seen in a while! Great job! Good luck! :thumb:

Offline nvh2092

This is by far one of the most well executed sets I have seen in a while! Great job! Good luck! :thumb:
Join it then, only base + novelties and you're good to go

Offline WarlordGorguts

There are no excuses for not joining this gb!

Offline krugerlive

Thanks, that means a lot and I am a huge fan of your sets (just got my Dandy deskmat in the other week and plan to pick up Zen Pond soon!)

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Also.... just added the 2nd deskmat and final kitting (moved ISO from extensions to nordeuk).  Enjoy!

Offline kkd_20

Those are some epic renders. Great job and good luck

Offline mikestah

Great theming and execution :D Curious to see what the collaborations end up being.

Offline krugerlive

Re: [IC] GMK November Fog - New Deskmat and Hibi Caps! GB in November!
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 20 October 2021, 17:38:08 »
Just posted the Hibi caps!

More exciting collaborations to be announced over the next 10 days!

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 20 October 2021, 17:45:17 »
Awesome Hibi’s

Looking forward to this one

Offline NintendoNoNo

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 21 October 2021, 16:29:40 »
This is one of my favorite looking sets that has come out in a while. So looking forward to this GB. Those colors and theme are spot on!

This is definitely one of the best sets this year 🦉

Offline krugerlive

Revealed the KeyLabs and G Cable collabs!  Also announced the Luxe cables collab to be shared soon!  New deskmat was added to last week for those who missed it.

Thanks everyone for the comments, feedback, and encouragement.  I can't believe it goes live a week from today!!

Offline RainWaiv

The first thing that comes to mind is Seattle.

Offline krugerlive

The first thing that comes to mind is Seattle.

Awesome! I live in Seattle and it's inspired by the region, so I'm happy the feeling comes through.

Offline IMZO

• Matrix shill, and TKL WKL Lover
I love the vibes of this keyset
More
Current boards: Jane V2 CE , Matrix 1.2og Silver WKL , Matrix 2.0add coating black WKL, Matrix 2.0add WKL Coating yellow, Satisfaction75 R1 Cloud white, Korno65, Bloop65, HHKB Pro 2 white,Lin Whale Pink WKL, Gok 7v White, Gok 7v Black, Orion V3 Silver WKL, Orion V2.5 Red WKL, Geon F1-8x Silver WK, Haus65 BlueGray, Plume65, Vertigo, Frog TKL WKL GreenF13

Offline Rik.caffeinated

This all looks so well thought out. The theme, the artisans, the novelties, well done. Excited to see this progress

Offline krugerlive

Re: [IC] GMK November Fog - Collaborations + Pricing Added. GB starts Monday!
« Reply #88 on: Sat, 30 October 2021, 20:18:10 »
Pricing is in!  GB starts on Monday!

Thanks everyone for the comments and feedback!  So excited to see this go live soon!

Offline heyimpanda

Re: [IC] GMK November Fog - Collaborations + Pricing Added. GB starts Monday!
« Reply #89 on: Sun, 31 October 2021, 23:42:04 »
lets gooo! gb is up on CK

Offline krugerlive

Re: [IC] GMK November Fog - Group Buy is live now throughout November!
« Reply #90 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 13:59:06 »
Group Buy is live on most vendors now!

Check out details and links here:  Reddit r/MK Post

GeekHack GB post will be posted later today.

Thank you everyone, this community is amazing!

Offline krugerlive

Re: [IC] GMK November Fog - Group Buy is live now throughout November!
« Reply #91 on: Wed, 03 November 2021, 11:10:40 »
GB post is now live!  Linked in the main post and right here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=115180.0

Thanks everyone, so exciting that this is finally happening!

Offline krugerlive

Re: [IC] GMK November Fog - GB Live now! New renders, more collabs
« Reply #92 on: Thu, 11 November 2021, 03:21:15 »
Updates: Reorganized the IC and added a number of new renders.

MOZIcaps has a fulfillment sale for November Fog keycaps happening this week:

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #93 on: Mon, 15 November 2021, 12:51:44 »
I just wanted to come in and say how much I LOVE this set and the colorway. So calming and beautiful. I hope the GB crushes it!

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 23 November 2021, 13:56:17 »
Set is gorgeous .... has it hit MOQ?
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline krugerlive

« Reply #95 on: Thu, 25 November 2021, 01:50:27 »
Set is gorgeous .... has it hit MOQ?

Thanks! Yep, it has reached MOQ.

I just wanted to come in and say how much I LOVE this set and the colorway. So calming and beautiful. I hope the GB crushes it!

Thank you!!  I love what you did with GMK Trash Friends.  Looking forward to that being live!
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 November 2021, 01:52:11 by krugerlive »

Offline Dmitri

Re: [IC] GMK November Fog - Last days for the GB! Ends Dec 1 11:59PM EST
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 28 March 2023, 22:37:00 »
R2

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
Re: [IC] GMK November Fog - Last days for the GB! Ends Dec 1 11:59PM EST
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 30 March 2023, 03:09:17 »
R2
why lol
this set isn't even out yet and it also had a NicePBT run.