Author Topic: [IC] Anamnesis - Southpaw FRL 'conefeet' keyboard  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
[IC] Anamnesis - Southpaw FRL 'conefeet' keyboard
« on: Mon, 29 January 2024, 22:20:59 »
Anamnesis

(Artefact i)

A lightweight and refined southpaw FRL TKL keyboard whose concept honours the forgotten work of masters and embodies minimalist shapes formed as though revealed by time's inevitable erosion.

CLICK FOR IC FORM LINK      CLICK FOR IC FORM LINK

Vision

I wanted to take inspiration from and breathe life into the artefacts that forgotten masters left behind, aiming to amalgamate their passion for their creations and transform it into a keyboard.
The keyboard cast from that mold has been carefully shaped to return to its natural state and stripped down to reveal further purity, the rest has been refined away as though by the hands of time.
What's left might yet aspire to become an artefact of its own, still persisting after we are forgotten, for generations into the future - like the pieces that inspired me.

Specification

Case:
.Southpaw FRLTKL layout optimised for lightweight portability
.11 degree typing angle
.15.99mm front height (from inner bezel edge to bottom of the case, without bumpon feet attached)
.6 point top mount in a novel leaf spring style developed and refined from previous projects designedbydark
.Two copper sandblasted 'conefeet'
.Internal badge/'weight' in brushed copper
.Top and Bottomcase made from 6063 AL, sandblasted and anodised
.M4 case screws used to fasten the Top and Bottom case in 8 locations
.Two top-mount plates made from 5052 AL included per unit sold, sandblasted and anodised
.Manufactured by Dadesin, case costs paid directly to them
.Considering either WK or WKL options, the IC form so far has indicated that almost everyone prefers WKL. It may be fixed as just one option depending on the final results of the IC form.
.Considering different anodisation colours, please state your preference in the IC form. Currently TBD.

Top mount leafspring plate:

Showing Gondolindrim's logo on the custom PCB he has designed for this project

More info:
More

Full view of the plate design from fusion screencapture

PCB:

.Designed by Gondolindrim and custom for this layout
.We are considering either a black-core FR4 or CEM3 material for the PCBs in 1.6mm thickness. Please vote on colours in the IC form, TBD.
.Two PCBs and two daughterboards will be included per unit sold, being paid directly to Gondolindrim
.Via/QMK compatible, flashed by the Fab
.Solder only
Layout support:
More

7u bottom row only, stepped caps only. Split right shift and split backspace available.

Case design, details and prototype photos

The side profile evokes likeness to OG conefeet keyboards around design elements like the faux parity between top and bottomcase dimensions separated by a unique seam inspired by a half-millennia old wooden box.
More

seam inspiration, from a dark age chinese box

The back view of the keyboard begins to show the extent of the CNCing motivated by the desire to remove the most amount of material possible from the 11 degree frame of the keyboard.

The case shape covering the usb port channels any resonance caused by the cone-feet design, leading to a bright and lively top-mounted sound signature reminiscent of OG keyboards.

The bottomcase-view shows the eight M4 case fastening screws prioritising thread longevity for rebuilds well into the future, you can also see the conefeet, case bumpons and a design language that reflects a commitment to minimalist refinement.

The internals of the keyboard feature elements designed to increase the minimum thickness of the case whilst enabling a lower profile on the desk. You can also see the engravings, the cut out for the reverse-orientated daughterboard, screws for the cone feet, female sides of alignment pillars, the channel for the jst cable and the brushed copper internal badge.

Typing test

Sale info

579USD per person/'unit' for the case (including 2 plates), without PCBs and before shipping costs @ 30 MOQ.
120USD for 2 PCBs + 2 'unified C5' daughterboards at the same unit count, without shipping.
699USD total before shipping - the case costs paid directly to Dadesin and the PCBs paid directly to Gondolindrim.

Intended sale date in 31+ days: around the 1st of March or slightly later. 30 MOQ with 40 unit hardcap before extras.

Case and PCB colours TBD, please vote in the IC form.
I will show the colours used for the previous project for reference, the rest of the options are standard DDS colours which are options from which the final colours will be decided:
.Ergo i 436C
More

credit chookeyboards

.Ergo i Green
More

credit 0b1

.Ecliptica Red
More

credit world.traveler

.Dark Grey
.Silver
.Black

A certain number of people will be pre-selected FCFS based on the IC form if they have filled out their shipping details etc, after which it will be a raffle for the remaining units.

CLICK FOR IC FORM LINK

I just want to make high quality and unique keyboards for enthusiasts who will appreciate them, this particular project been in the works for a while. I hope you have a nice day and have enjoyed if you've read until here.
Thanks to everyone who has supported me on my server and DMs. Thank you to Gondolindrim for the beautiful PCBs as always and for their partnership on these projects.
Let me know if you have any questions or comments, even if you are not interested in this project - don't forget to check out the open sourced keyboards i've shared freely below, thanks!

Links

Discord Link
Open sourced keyboards I've released (CCRX, Ex: Idol etc)
New Instagram
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 January 2024, 23:11:42 by Lil »

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
Re: [IC] Anamnesis - Southpaw FRL 'conefeet' keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 29 January 2024, 22:31:03 »
Gondolindrim intends to do a stream soon, once I know the date I will update the thread!
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 January 2024, 22:59:26 by Lil »

Offline tactilesbad

Re: [IC] Anamnesis - Southpaw FRL 'conefeet' keyboard
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 30 January 2024, 03:38:58 »
insane. I feel I'm kinda over FRLs seeing how many were literally forced during 2023 but this is insane.
+1 for proto pink