Author Topic: America Fu*k Yeah  (Read 230571 times)

Offline Squarism

Re: America Fu*k Yeah
« Reply #950 on: Fri, 25 January 2019, 13:52:40 »
Meet Chester, a damn fine American. Yup. Trump 2020

Offline iri

« Reply #951 on: Sat, 26 January 2019, 07:12:23 »
Speaking about rural planes... This thing took off with me inside, but then I jumped out.

211414-0
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #952 on: Sat, 26 January 2019, 07:34:24 »
Speaking about rural planes... This thing took off with me inside, but then I jumped out.

(Attachment Link)

You savage!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #953 on: Sat, 26 January 2019, 20:45:16 »

A biplane has a lot of wing area and can glide a long way when the engine fails.
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline JP

« Reply #954 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 08:11:40 »
This seems to belong here

About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline JP

« Reply #955 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 08:28:22 »
Freedom Brrrrt

Also let's make this thread great once more

212027-1

Offline JP

« Reply #956 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 11:26:13 »
Breakfast of Champions

212117-0

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #957 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 20:08:07 »
Breakfast of Champions

(Attachment Link)

Yeah, but, you do, don't you? :confused:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #958 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 20:43:14 »
Breakfast of Champions

(Attachment Link)

Yeah, but, you do, don't you? :confused:

Can confirm.  One breakfast faved me multiples heartmattackes.

Offline JP

« Reply #960 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 21:11:59 »

Can confirm.  One breakfast faved me multiples heartmattackes.

/Guaranteed !! Mattaxx

I do eat food like this. I even had my cholesterol checked and all the bad stuff was super low and blood pressure was good  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 February 2019, 21:18:29 by JP »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #961 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 22:08:57 »

I do eat food like this. I even had my cholesterol checked and all the bad stuff was super low and blood pressure was good  :thumb:

m0ar Cholesterol, m0ar healthss !!   Cholesterol Code man, Cholesterol CODE. !!

Offline JP

« Reply #962 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 07:17:42 »

Yep. It's about that HDL since it scavenges for the bad cholesterol where they don't belong. Diet and exercise are important. Also helps to have this genetic scavenger perk turned up the the max so an inordinate amount of bacon can be consumed without long term effects so you can live longer to consume even moar - bacon++

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #963 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 08:56:59 »

Yep. It's about that HDL since it scavenges for the bad cholesterol where they don't belong. Diet and exercise are important. Also helps to have this genetic scavenger perk turned up the the max so an inordinate amount of bacon can be consumed without long term effects so you can live longer to consume even moar - bacon++

Just an informal poll,  you BELIEVE that right ?

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #964 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 09:41:45 »

u gon git it now meater

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #965 on: Sun, 17 February 2019, 20:29:28 »
213143-0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #966 on: Sun, 17 February 2019, 20:33:57 »
(Attachment Link)

Too true.  In my little college town manual vehicles are discounted by the sellers--especially manual tranny vans  :cool:

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #967 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 00:04:22 »
(Attachment Link)

Too true.  In my little college town manual vehicles are discounted by the sellers--especially manual tranny vans  :cool:
We're taught to drive stick in DK.
I tried an automatic once, did not like.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #968 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 08:02:37 »
Manual transmissions are great on the open road.

Sitting in traffic - nope.
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #969 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 08:20:02 »
Manual transmissions are great on the open road.

Sitting in traffic - nope.

My driver used to just turn off the car during long traffic pauses..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #970 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 09:34:28 »
I'm fine with manual transmission in traffic, but my knees are for the moment in somewhat decent shape.  neutral... 1st.. neutral.. 1st.. 2nd.. neutral.. 1st..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #971 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 19:52:54 »
It's been at least 20 years since I last drove a manual.  I'm wondering if it is a skill you lose over time.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #972 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 21:44:20 »
It's been at least 20 years since I last drove a manual.  I'm wondering if it is a skill you lose over time.

You don't lose it, but you can def be rusty right when you switch back.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #973 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 04:28:25 »

I think you will find modern manuals assist the driver a lot more than that the car you drove 20 years ago did.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #974 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 07:09:23 »

I think you will find modern manuals assist the driver a lot more than that the car you drove 20 years ago did.
Exactly.

My carburetted '86 Audi 80 didn't have any of this pampering. "What do you mean, 'Drive'?!"
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #975 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 19:57:52 »

That's sad.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #976 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 20:01:36 »

That's sad.

Technically, there's no way a person can shift as fast as modern Auto, so when it comes to ultimate performance,  Well computers do it better.

But all that is m00t,  because Tesla is the Future..  We had a great run with the transmission, but the Era of 18650 has begun.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #977 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 20:07:55 »
Thankfully I wont be alive to see if tp4tissue's future predictions reign true.  And that makes me happy.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #978 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 22:57:05 »
Thankfully I wont be alive to see if tp4tissue's future predictions reign true.  And that makes me happy.

I can't wait to have a robo-driver.

When I had a human driver overseas, Sometimes, I never called him out on it, but I could tell he's probably been up late gambling..

I'd assume robo-driver will not develop such habits.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #979 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 23:12:00 »

When I had a human driver overseas, Sometimes, I never called him out on it, but I could tell he's probably been up late gambling..

On the list of my least favorite activities is calling for a taxi (last one I called for was pre-uber/lift/etc.).  Or relying on someone else to get my body from point A to point Z.  If given the choice between riding the city bus or using a bicycle I'll usually take the mode of transportation that I myself control.  Unless hurricane (can confirm, bicycle/moped cannot leap over downed tree).  This includes non-organic drivers.  Because even though a non-organically driven vehicle is not under the same constraints as an organically driven vehicle, the vehicle itself is still prone to maintenance error.  No thanks, I'll keep a patch kit in my backpack for the random sand spur or nail stuck in the bicycle inner tube if push comes to pull up.

What I really want is The Rocketeer's jetpack.  #YOLO

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #980 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 00:00:42 »

On the list of my least favorite activities is calling for a taxi (last one I called for was pre-uber/lift/etc.).  Or relying on someone else to get my body from point A to point Z.  If given the choice between riding the city bus or using a bicycle I'll usually take the mode of transportation that I myself control.  Unless hurricane (can confirm, bicycle/moped cannot leap over downed tree).  This includes non-organic drivers.  Because even though a non-organically driven vehicle is not under the same constraints as an organically driven vehicle, the vehicle itself is still prone to maintenance error.  No thanks, I'll keep a patch kit in my backpack for the random sand spur or nail stuck in the bicycle inner tube if push comes to pull up.

What I really want is The Rocketeer's jetpack.  #YOLO

I'd imagine we'd have less places to go in the future overall.

I can't even work up the motivation to go anywhere now

Offline JP

« Reply #981 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 07:21:02 »

213327-0

Offline JP

« Reply #982 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 07:21:57 »

Just an informal poll,  you BELIEVE that right ?

Offline invariance

• ...here with all the other boson's
« Reply #984 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 15:45:13 »
If you can’t drive a ‘three on the tree’ you can gtfo
If you can drive a crash box, I bow down to thee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
PN:1391401
DOB: 04FEB87
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104
SMK Blue: Chicony KB-5181; HyperX Aqua: HyperX Alloy Origins *Yet-to-rebuild: A 69 key C. P. Clare Foam & Foil assy *Rubber: Digital LK46W-A2; uSoft Natural Pro RT9401, Natural Multimedia 1.0A RT9470, Natural Ergonomic 4000 KU-0460; "Avid" Sejin SLKR2233; "Diamond Touch" Mitsubishi 6511-PB

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #985 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 17:12:27 »
I have also driven a worn-out "4 on the tree" which is akin to stirring a pot of thick soup, but I have never touched a true crash box.

"Crash gearboxes produce less friction and loss of power. In racing, this is a great advantage, and with the ability to rebuild the gearbox after each race, the damage caused by incorrect gear changes is not considered a major problem."

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #986 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 17:29:27 »
Can we keep the damn prussian blue text out of this forum please--it's completely illegible with the default forum theme.  I learned to drive a 'stick shift' with an 84' Chevy truck.  Felt like shifting old worn out rusty chowder.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #988 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 17:42:42 »

it's completely illegible with the default forum theme.

Holy crap. I switched to a white background within hours of joining this forum lo these many years ago, and instantly switch out of that orange-on-black crap whenever I am assaulted with it now.

I forget that it even exists - and wish that it didn't.

One caveat - when I screen print Geekhack T-shirts I usually print orange-on-black because it looks good on shirts.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #989 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 18:10:19 »
Even when I was learning how to write html frames (~2003--late start) I used black backgrounds with light non-blue text.  It's so much easier on the eyes.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #990 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 18:12:16 »
Even when I was learning how to write html frames (~2003--late start) I used black backgrounds with light non-blue text.  It's so much easier on the eyes.

Grey text = best txt   for Black background.

Blue is bad for the eyes,

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #991 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 19:56:03 »

Yeah, like dark grey on a black background, or very light grey on a white background, as all the kids these days seem to prefer almost illegible text.

Oh, and make the font as small as possible.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #992 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 20:04:03 »

Yeah, like dark grey on a black background, or very light grey on a white background, as all the kids these days seem to prefer almost illegible text.

Oh, and make the font as small as possible.

?

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #993 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 01:23:15 »

Is that one of those weird gear levers that comes out of the steering wheel? I always though they looked so cute.

Both my cars were genuine "four on the floor" cars, as it happens.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline invariance

• ...here with all the other boson's
America Fu*k Yeah
« Reply #994 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 03:57:30 »
Show Image

Is that one of those weird gear levers that comes out of the steering wheel? I always though they looked so cute.

Both my cars were genuine "four on the floor" cars, as it happens.

Yes.  Otherwise known as a column shift, like this Vauxhall Cresta

Sorry, not very ‘Mercian but wanted to make it more geolocational.
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 February 2019, 05:34:44 by invariance »
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
PN:1391401
DOB: 04FEB87
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104
SMK Blue: Chicony KB-5181; HyperX Aqua: HyperX Alloy Origins *Yet-to-rebuild: A 69 key C. P. Clare Foam & Foil assy *Rubber: Digital LK46W-A2; uSoft Natural Pro RT9401, Natural Multimedia 1.0A RT9470, Natural Ergonomic 4000 KU-0460; "Avid" Sejin SLKR2233; "Diamond Touch" Mitsubishi 6511-PB

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #995 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 16:51:27 »
Anyone else watch the hearing today? Was brilliant entertainment at work  :))

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #996 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 18:16:48 »

Um this is a transmission pissing contest thread.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #997 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 18:30:10 »

Can we also add jetpacks into the mix?  I feel like this thread needs more jetpacks

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #998 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 19:24:16 »

Can we also add jetpacks into the mix?  I feel like this thread needs more jetpacks

My apologies, I thought this was a general mockery thread.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #999 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 19:34:17 »

My apologies, I thought this was a general mockery thread.