Author Topic: Welcome new members!  (Read 793275 times)

Offline achooie

Re: Welcome new members!
« Reply #650 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 15:11:56 »
Hello! I've been lurking on /r/mechanicalkeyboards, and I see geekhack links pretty frequently, so I finally decided to make an account.

I have a couple Leopolds, the FC900R and FC750R, and a CMStorm Quick Fire Pro. Pretty standard, boring stuff so I'm toying with the idea of a Planck, if the kits are ever on sale again.
Planck Zealios 67g | Leopold FC900R | Apple M0116 Alps Salmon (ADB converter) | HHKB Pro HYBRID Type-S

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #651 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 15:13:45 »
Hello! I've been lurking on /r/mechanicalkeyboards, and I see geekhack links pretty frequently, so I finally decided to make an account.

I have a couple Leopolds, the FC900R and FC750R, and a CMStorm Quick Fire Pro. Pretty standard, boring stuff so I'm toying with the idea of a Planck, if the kits are ever on sale again.

Nothing boring about those boards.
be nice to the boards.
they never did anything to you.

Welcome! :)

Offline achooie

« Reply #652 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 17:21:17 »

be nice to the boards.

Oh I of course treat them with the utmost care, I just mean that it seems like everyone has an exotic <100% keyboard with layered layouts and fancy one-of-a-kind keycaps :)
Planck Zealios 67g | Leopold FC900R | Apple M0116 Alps Salmon (ADB converter) | HHKB Pro HYBRID Type-S

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #653 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 19:54:52 »

be nice to the boards.

Oh I of course treat them with the utmost care, I just mean that it seems like everyone has an exotic <100% keyboard with layered layouts and fancy one-of-a-kind keycaps :)

Oh, please, stop, youre getting me all sorts of excited

haha.

people like what they like, and hopefully you like what you have!

Offline Don Snow

« Reply #654 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 21:59:35 »
Hello all! I found GH from r/MK. I currently own a few boards with Razer Greens, Cherry Brown and Tomorrow in the mail comes my Type- S. I cannot tell you how anxious I am to finall get my hands on my very own brand new HHKB. I'm new so don't know anyone, but as an introduction, I am open to convos regarding learning key cap terminology I'm not familliar with such as SS, DS, DSA etc... I'm also in the process of designing some new aspects of the hobby so any engineers and devs who want to hear and discuss ideas, feel free to pm me. Cheers all!

Offline bujon

« Reply #655 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 10:41:03 »
Hi guys, really thankfull to be here. I am recieveng some custom boards. Hope to share it with you in shor time  :p  :thumb.

Mod edit: Removed strange (though apparently harmless) link
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 September 2016, 02:43:51 by suicidal_orange »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #656 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 10:52:45 »
I would totally click that link :rolleyes:

Offline pmck

• Software Engineer
« Reply #657 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 10:54:14 »

Same story as me! I was on here a few years ago, and decided to start to use my account again instead of just lurking.

|        IBM M         |      Wasd V1      |   GH60    | KBC Poker | GHPAD |

WANTED:Nada have all I want for now!

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #658 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 13:05:04 »

Whats wrong with that link?

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #659 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 14:59:12 »

Whats wrong with that link?

Why? Did you click/mash the link?

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #660 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 13:39:53 »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #661 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 13:47:19 »

Offline zikkurat

« Reply #662 on: Sun, 11 September 2016, 03:04:28 »
Filco104, Leopold87, HHKB, CHERRY

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
Re: strattera - strattera price without insurance
« Reply #663 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 09:26:31 »
SNIP

Maybe a Mod should remove this?

IDK if this is the best place to sell knockoff prescription drugs?

Mod Edit: Removed spam.
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 September 2016, 05:25:48 by infiniti »

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
Re: strattera - strattera price without insurance
« Reply #664 on: Sun, 18 September 2016, 05:27:10 »
SNIP

Thanks for pointing that out! :thumb:

P.S. Hit the "Report to moderator" link next time for a quicker reponse.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #665 on: Sun, 18 September 2016, 07:14:25 »
SNIP

Thanks for pointing that out! :thumb:

P.S. Hit the "Report to moderator" link next time for a quicker reponse.
Whoops! Thanks

Will do next time! Mobile still confuses me sometimes

Offline Zettaireido

« Reply #666 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 17:15:51 »
Hey there folkses...i am new to the custom KB community, but i have years of working on machines all the way from diesel trucks down to two stroke moped motors. If'n there are any questions for me, then you peoples should drop me a PM. Later!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #667 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 17:34:15 »
Hey there folkses...i am new to the custom KB community, but i have years of working on machines all the way from diesel trucks down to two stroke moped motors. If'n there are any questions for me, then you peoples should drop me a PM. Later!

Post 666! What does he or she win?! And welcome! Another future YouTuber?! :eek:

Offline WawiKirsinger

« Reply #668 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 02:06:57 »
Hi!

i´m new!  :D and this if my first post... so i want to make my very own first keyboard from scratch i already have somthing in mind and make my own layout at KLE (image below from imgur) and i wanted to ask if someone can help me and make the PCB for this layout or teach me how tu do it using KiCAD or EAGLE the one that is more easy to use for noobs  :)

so thats it
thanks a lot to all

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #669 on: Sat, 08 October 2016, 14:24:30 »
Hi!

i´m new!  :D and this if my first post... so i want to make my very own first keyboard from scratch i already have somthing in mind and make my own layout at KLE (image below from imgur) and i wanted to ask if someone can help me and make the PCB for this layout or teach me how tu do it using KiCAD or EAGLE the one that is more easy to use for noobs  :)

so thats it
thanks a lot to all

Show Image

Welcome!

You are going to want to go to the making stuff together subforum. They are your best area to gather information. I just want to warn you though that sourcing a key cap set for your designed board will be tough.

Offline Venku

« Reply #670 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 00:15:07 »
Hi everyone.

New guy here. Been lurking /r/mechanicalkeyboards and infrequently visiting here for a while. Currently have a Corsair K60, but I've got a blank Leopold FC660M in browns on the way. Sort of being tempted by keysets now...

Cheers,
Venku

Offline guangyu

• PCB china
« Reply #671 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 04:08:52 »
Hello all fellow members .Its guang Yu Market heady for Yucha Electronics (http://www.joga-pcba.com ) , a leading PCB Manufacturer in China
Looking forward to participate in forum discussion .

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #672 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 08:10:41 »
Hi everyone.

New guy here. Been lurking /r/mechanicalkeyboards and infrequently visiting here for a while. Currently have a Corsair K60, but I've got a blank Leopold FC660M in browns on the way. Sort of being tempted by keysets now...

Cheers,
Venku

Welcome to Geekhack!  Temptation leads to WalletHack! :p

== == == == ==

Hello all fellow members .Its guang Yu Market heady for Yucha Electronics (http://www.joga-pcba.com ) , a leading PCB Manufacturer in China
Looking forward to participate in forum discussion .

Welcome to GH!  I've sent you a PM regarding vendor participation on the forum.

Offline DanB

« Reply #673 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 19:50:58 »
Hi all
Kingsaver, Koala

Offline Flapjack

« Reply #674 on: Thu, 27 October 2016, 07:18:14 »
Heya!

I just joined this community after lurking around r/mechanicalkeyboards and geekhack for a while now, and i'm so happy i did! I'm not like the others spending hella money on keyboards and keycaps (yet), mainly because stuff isn't available where i live (and man do i want to). I got a modest Magicforce 68 with CherryMX Browns and i'm loving it so far. I hope one day ill be able to afford my end-game Topre keyboard, but that's a long way off. My dream artistan is the FUGU because who doesn't love cute little fish caps.
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 October 2016, 07:23:23 by Flapjack »

Offline Viezo

• HHKB Pro 2
« Reply #675 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 04:02:50 »
Hello guys, new member here.
I just join this forum after lurking more than 2 months I quess.
My first board is BlackWidow Ultimate T1 2012.
From that time, I knew the difference between rubber dome switch and mechanical switch.
After that I switch to Leopold FC700R MX Brown then to Filco Majestouch 2 MX Brown then to Poker 2 MX Red then to Filco Majestouch 2 MX Blue. I finally satisfied with hhkb pro 2.
Sorry for my bad english.
I have no idea this is an english class.

Offline sleepysheep

« Reply #676 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 14:00:34 »
Wow, I have no idea there are that many crazy souls out there, I thought I was just a nutjob.

Anyway, I'm sleepysheep and I've been a keyboard enthusiast for about 2 decades now. I collect IBM/Lexmark and Apple keyboards for fun, some of them I use on a daily basis. I can post pictures once I'm done moving, but some of what I have in storage:

Apple Enhanced Keyboard with adb->usb adaptor
First Gen iMac Apple USB compact keyboard
Lexmark M15 with optional numeric keypad
IBM M15 without numeric keypad
IBM F XT

RD parts for novelty value:
IBM M4-1 (water damaged, awaiting repair)
IBM SK-8840 UltraNav USB

Previous keyboards:
IBM M2 (destroyed)

My daily driver is a Lexmark M13. I bought a CM Storm with Cherry MX Green switches to try but ultimately went back to the M13.
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 October 2016, 14:42:18 by sleepysheep »
Lexmark M13
Lexmark M15 with detachable numpad

Offline apfrancia

• Kiryuin slave
« Reply #677 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 19:28:38 »
New member here!
I'm very new to this hobby. I started about a month ago!I've been lurking around the internet about keyboards since college but never had the money to buy myself one. Now that I have a job, this was bound to happen.I got the TADA68 as my first keyboard. And then I bought an AMJ40  2 weeks later :'(

It's happening guys... my wallet is dying.  :))

Offline valiant

« Reply #678 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 12:13:26 »
New member here.

Mac user trying to get more choices for Mac users - nearly everything in mechanical keyboard world assumes Windows keycaps with no options for Macs, and kludgy software workarounds for compatibility.

Currently have:
* daskeyboard Pro with Datamancer Tall Deco keycaps custom'd for Mac [Cherry MX Blue]
* Matias Mini Tactile Pro Mac [Matias Click]
* Magicforce 68-key mini keyboard with typewriter keys from Massdrop [Gateron Clear]
* Apple Extended Keyboard (the "Dreadnought") [Alps]
* Many non-mechanical keyboards

Offline Trashk1ng

« Reply #679 on: Fri, 18 November 2016, 13:17:17 »
Hello GeekHack! I am very excited to be a part of the community! I have a pok3r with granite keys, and Cherry MX-Browns, soon, to have an Access-IS 15x8 as well with Cherry MX-Blacks!

If there is a thread for big ass keyboards point me in the right direction!

Offline Belgarath

« Reply #680 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 04:10:43 »
Here's another new 'kid' on the block, although I'm afraid I will not do a lot of collecting when it comes to Keyboards - got myself 2 Infinity ErgoDox Kits (one for work, one for home) and can't see the need for changing anything from here on. Decided to go with MX Browns and they feel spot on, the only thing missing for keyboard-heaven for me is a fitting keycap-set for my (german) layout ... not that I need it for every day typing, but the second additional layer is something I need infrequently enouth to not remember the layout.

Also any admin who has to do stuff directly on my computer at work is completely at a loss - unknown layout and blank keycaps are not exactly the basis you prefer when typing the admin-password ...  ;)

Offline superpiya

« Reply #681 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 00:31:23 »
Hi all ! I'm new  :D

Offline albin

« Reply #682 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 08:08:13 »
hi, really new to the mech keyboard world. Been into chiclet keyboard for most of my adulthood life. Previously tried my friend's Razer Anansi and blackwidow but somehow didn't like it at all until I tried my friend's logitech g910.

Now I'm using a Fuhlen SM680R and pretty quite like it. I would like to explore this mech keyboards more and end up in GH. Hi all!!!

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #683 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 11:18:01 »
anyone know how posts are counted? some of my posts are counted, most of them are not. Thank you!

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #684 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 11:20:46 »
I think posts in the classifieds, artisan services, and off topic sections are not counted.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #685 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 12:08:48 »

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #686 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 10:07:34 »
I think posts in the classifieds, artisan services, and off topic sections are not counted.

thanks man!  :thumb:

One more question. Do you know how to add image to my post? (not using attached file option, I found "insert image" but not sure how to use it)

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #687 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 20:27:47 »
just out of curiousity, will the "verification" requirement to make a post disappear after so many days or a # of posts? Or is this a permanent feature of the forum to send spammers elsewhere?

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #688 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 20:43:47 »

One more question. Do you know how to add image to my post? (not using attached file option, I found "insert image" but not sure how to use it)
All you need is a direct link to an image and use bbcode around the link to insert it into a post. The forum also has an attachment option.

just out of curiousity, will the "verification" requirement to make a post disappear after so many days or a # of posts? Or is this a permanent feature of the forum to send spammers elsewhere?
Which verification are you talking about?

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #689 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 10:27:34 »

Having to type in the letters from the the difficult to read box and then answering the question about the serial bus.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #690 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 11:35:27 »

Having to type in the letters from the the difficult to read box and then answering the question about the serial bus.
I'm not familiar with that. I assume it would go away pretty quick, I can't say I recall ever seeing that.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #691 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 11:39:36 »

Upload your image to an image hosting site such as imgur.com, then use

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #692 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 22:43:32 »

I'm not familiar with that. I assume it would go away pretty quick, I can't say I recall ever seeing that.

Looks like it went away after post #5. Just took me a few daysto get there since posts here and several other places don't count.

Offline ilmari

« Reply #693 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 10:18:34 »
Hi All

New member, newer have had any mechanical keyboards before but they've always been in interest, just got my hands on couple of vintage mechanical keyboards and going to start an Atreus project from the ALPS switches salvaged from the other keyboard.

ACER KB-102AS (SKCM Blue ALPS)

Silitek SK-8802B-2S (Vintage Cherry Blues)

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #694 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 05:41:27 »
comment on demik's flatulence

:-[ i cri evry time
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline swangful

« Reply #695 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 19:24:50 »
Why is my post count stuck at 1? D:

Also will I have to enter a captcha everytime I post?
I activated my account already :D

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #696 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 19:54:28 »

Welcome! You shouldn't have to enter captcha, and your post count is at 1 still because you have been posting to boards that don't add to it.
oh yeah I saw that crazy **** if that doesn't win I'm deleting my account

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline swangful

« Reply #697 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 20:26:50 »

Welcome! You shouldn't have to enter captcha, and your post count is at 1 still because you have been posting to boards that don't add to it.

Ahh okay, I didn't know that. It still has me enter captcha verification everytime I want to post...as well as answer the question "A popular serial bus for keyboard connectivity:"

Any idea what im doing wrong?

Offline Koatl

• Kozahtli on reddit, etc.
« Reply #698 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 00:25:54 »
Hello all. Doing my civic duty and posting an introduction here.

So Cal kid with longtime love for mechanical keyboards. For 10 years now I've had a hobby of transcription for live and recorded storytellings and lectures from speakers of a few Native American traditions. I found out in about 2009 that I need a good keyboard, and quite a few years later I learned about mechanicals. Since then I've owned and worn to death a KB Talking Pro with black print on black keys, MX reds with red silencing rings on each key. Moved from that to a Filco 67 key with lots of cool/fun function keys. For a few months now my favorite person in the world, my cousin fatpolomanjr (he's out there, lurking) has been into artisans. He introduced me to them, this forum, the mechmarket subreddit and lots and lots of cool info about this amazing community and art (he's also sold a few things and has been lucky enough to get his hands on a good collection of artisans). Oddly enough, just yesterday I was telling him I want to buy an ErgoDox EZ, but I want some bright/neon pink and blue keys to go with my recent obsession of Hyper Light Drifter and longtime obsession with synthwave music and everything neo-80's. He then found the Laser GMK massdrop MiTo is putting out; perfect timing! So I hope to get down on that. I decided to make an account here and hop on the artisan bandwagon for two specific reasons: Bro's Nebulus v2 and whatever the hell these Fugu's by ETF would be called (especially the pink spiked/eyed one):

I really want to slap some zealio's on to a ErgoDox, but it sounds like it would require a lot more soldering than I'm capable of (none). Even if I go through Profet and his lovely work. So I'll have to settle for some Gateron browns unfortunately. But with the Laser GMK key set, a Nebulus v2 and one of those Fugu's, I'd be a happy camper. I know it's going to be a long project though, so yeah, I'm in here for the long run. While I'm super tempted to just stalk and buy a Nebulus and one of those Fugu's aftermarket (at ridiculous cost), I'd rather just buy into some raffles, hopefully win, and trade my way up to those bad boys. Seems like it would be better for the artists and the community, and more fun in general.

Well that's it for me. I'm very glad to be here. If anyone knows what those specific Fugu's are called, or just have any advice for me, I'd really appreciate the info.
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 January 2017, 00:29:29 by Koatl »
☷☴☲☱☶☵☳☰

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #699 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 04:17:57 »
Those Fugus with the magenta/cyan eyes.. My god! :eek:

Welcome :)