geekhack Community > Input Devices

Any Ploopy users on here

<< < (5/5)

noisyturtle:

--- Quote from: nevin on Wed, 03 February 2021, 13:08:54 ---
--- Quote from: noisyturtle on Tue, 02 February 2021, 19:49:14 ---What a terrible business model. Pay a lot, build it yourself, and if you don't like it too bad.

--- End quote ---

it's not a business model. that's how this whole HOBBY is. and if you don't like it, turn around and sell it.

--- End quote ---

you are right, look where we are :))

I just like to complain

xtrafrood:
Quick glance at the firmware source code shows that the sensor is a Pixart PMW3360, and CPI is set to 1200 (I have no insider info).

If this PWM3360 was used, then the CPI range is ~100-12000.  The Ploopy (?) might be an answer for those looking for the fabled CST L-Trac-X.

nevin:
yep. same sensor in diy form.

i have the mouse version of the ploopy and run it at 4,000cpi. LOVE IT!

tex_live_utility:
I ordered the kit but haven't put it together yet. I also got the traditional mouse, and it's really nice. Looks weird because it's 3D printed, but I'm happy with the purchase and I'm looking forward to putting the trackball kit together.

I do also have an original MS Explorer, and I have to say, the shape is really really nice. So they picked a good base design, at least.

nevin:
congrats.

they are really well put together, very good 3d prints, and of course... the programming is fantastic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version