Author Topic: [Feedback] [Pre-IC] GMK/JTK/PBT Story  (Read 1345 times)

Offline shawnlyx

[Feedback] [Pre-IC] GMK/JTK/PBT Story
« on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 06:23:24 »
Hello! This is a set I've been working on for some time now and I feel like it is finally ready for a Pre-IC!

I've been searching for a Hiragana set that I liked for a while now but all of them are still using the Gothic/Maru font.

Being a fan of a more stylized legend, I decided to make a set for myself using the 明朝体(Mincho) font type, which is a more stylized Serif like font resembling traditional Chinese/Japanese Calligraphy. Most Japanese novels uses these fonts instead of Gothic because of how fancy they look.

Example:
266752-0

This font is customized by myself to fit my aesthetics and to try fitting the GMK custom legends requirement.

GMK Stories is inspired from Japanese Literature penned/printed in Mincho. A story of clever wordplay, slapstick humor and bold visuals.
The color theme and novelties are inspired from it. No prize for those who guessed it  :p

Base kit:
266754-1

Novelties kit:
266756-2

Spacebar Kit:
266758-3

I am considering JTK for this set too.

Question to any experienced designers here:

• Do I go with GMK or PBT if I want to create new legends?
  • For PBT, which manufacturer is considered the best to work with if I am to go that way.
GMK is able to UV print keycaps too, that is also a consideration for me.
Picking GMK tentatively, but please do let me know what are your thoughts about this.

Please let me know what you think about the kit too, any feedback is appreciated.