Site Announcements and Feedback > Announcements/Feedback/Suggestions

<< < (3/3)

jamster:

--- Quote from: phwog_ on Mon, 03 May 2021, 09:21:34 ---
--- Quote from: Findecanor on Wed, 28 April 2021, 05:41:08 ---
--- Quote from: phwog_ on Tue, 27 April 2021, 11:08:19 ---necroposting is one of the worst things that plagues this website.

--- End quote ---
How about people not writing a sentence starting with a capital letter? That is even more annoying.
Did you post here just to start a fight? ;)

This is not Reddit or Twitter, for people with ultra-short attention span. This is a proper forum, for sharing knowledge with each other, and on such old threads can be valid.
Some threads are really old, have been active continuously for many years and have hundreds of posts. Sometimes a long thread runs out of new posts, but that does not make it less relevant.
... and sometimes posting a follow-up post to an old thread that hasn't been updated in a while is valid IMHO if you have something useful and relevant to add.

Most actual necroposting is done by newbies, and by bots. (which are sometimes hard to tell apart. I don't now what you are)
I think a 120 day time limit for when the warning starts is OK. Maybe it should be shortened to 90 days, but I don't think it needs to be shortened further when peoples projects, companies' product cycles or IC-GB-production-shipping-reception cycles have as long durations as they do have.

--- End quote ---
as for the punctuation thing, sorry mate, I don't give a ****. we can disagree on this point, I'm not gonna change your opinion, and you sure aren't gonna change mine. so just leave it at that ;D

NOBODY said old threads can't be valid, new information can be brought to the table, and people can answer unanswered questions. the problem is the bots/newbies. this isn't my first forum buddy. I know this isn't like "reddit or twitter" or whatever. you really didn't have to read THAT far into my original post man.

necroposting IS a problem on this website, I can tell that even in my limited time on this website. the fact you had to nitpick small details and come at me like you did is sad really. so I ask you, did YOU come to start a fight ;D

--- End quote ---

The problem isn't necroposting, the problem is douchebags on the internet with zero self-awareness.

Edit:

--- Quote from: phwog_ on Mon, 03 May 2021, 09:21:34 ---this isn't my first forum buddy.

--- End quote ---
Really? Is this winning approach how you usually approach a new forum?

phwog_:

--- Quote from: jamster on Mon, 03 May 2021, 10:36:03 ---
--- Quote from: phwog_ on Mon, 03 May 2021, 09:21:34 ---
--- Quote from: Findecanor on Wed, 28 April 2021, 05:41:08 ---
--- Quote from: phwog_ on Tue, 27 April 2021, 11:08:19 ---necroposting is one of the worst things that plagues this website.

--- End quote ---
How about people not writing a sentence starting with a capital letter? That is even more annoying.
Did you post here just to start a fight? ;)

This is not Reddit or Twitter, for people with ultra-short attention span. This is a proper forum, for sharing knowledge with each other, and on such old threads can be valid.
Some threads are really old, have been active continuously for many years and have hundreds of posts. Sometimes a long thread runs out of new posts, but that does not make it less relevant.
... and sometimes posting a follow-up post to an old thread that hasn't been updated in a while is valid IMHO if you have something useful and relevant to add.

Most actual necroposting is done by newbies, and by bots. (which are sometimes hard to tell apart. I don't now what you are)
I think a 120 day time limit for when the warning starts is OK. Maybe it should be shortened to 90 days, but I don't think it needs to be shortened further when peoples projects, companies' product cycles or IC-GB-production-shipping-reception cycles have as long durations as they do have.

--- End quote ---
as for the punctuation thing, sorry mate, I don't give a ****. we can disagree on this point, I'm not gonna change your opinion, and you sure aren't gonna change mine. so just leave it at that ;D

NOBODY said old threads can't be valid, new information can be brought to the table, and people can answer unanswered questions. the problem is the bots/newbies. this isn't my first forum buddy. I know this isn't like "reddit or twitter" or whatever. you really didn't have to read THAT far into my original post man.

necroposting IS a problem on this website, I can tell that even in my limited time on this website. the fact you had to nitpick small details and come at me like you did is sad really. so I ask you, did YOU come to start a fight ;D

--- End quote ---

The problem isn't necroposting, the problem is douchebags on the internet with zero self-awareness.

Edit:

--- Quote from: phwog_ on Mon, 03 May 2021, 09:21:34 ---this isn't my first forum buddy.

--- End quote ---
Really? Is this winning approach how you usually approach a new forum?

--- End quote ---
"winning approach" dude this isn't a game of cricket.

maybe I'm just more accustomed to more "toxic" forums, but I see no problem in how I "approached" my first posts.

Signature:

--- End quote ---
QFT

--- Quote from: phwog_ on Mon, 03 May 2021, 11:17:19 ---
maybe I'm just more accustomed to more "toxic" forums

--- End quote ---
Yea that sounds about right.

So OP what do you want to get out of this thread by replying? We already have a 120 day rule in as stated before and the majority of necroing cant be controlled by simple measures. I also fail to understand how its the "worst thing that plagues this website", if you agree that old info can be relevant?

phwog_:

--- Quote from: Signature on Mon, 03 May 2021, 14:33:44 ---

--- End quote ---
QFT

--- Quote from: phwog_ on Mon, 03 May 2021, 11:17:19 ---
maybe I'm just more accustomed to more "toxic" forums

--- End quote ---
Yea that sounds about right.

So OP what do you want to get out of this thread by replying? We already have a 120 day rule in as stated before and the majority of necroing cant be controlled by simple measures. I also fail to understand how its the "worst thing that plagues this website", if you agree that old info can be relevant?

--- End quote ---
you twisted what I said. I said "one of", take that how you will. I reply to everybody out of habit I guess. if you quote me, just as a general rule, I will respond. that's all there is to it. have a nice day

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version