Author Topic: FCFS Advice  (Read 1000 times)

Offline rsrogers4

FCFS Advice
« on: Thu, 10 June 2021, 18:43:43 »
I was unsuccessful at my first FCFS sale today (NovelKeys 7V Extras) even though I clicked purchase 1 minute after the sale started.

I know this is normal, and that most everyone here has gone through it.

My question for the group is this: is there anything more I can do to increase my odds of succeeding within the bounds of ethics? I don't think using bots is ethical.

Other things that I did: have an account with my address set up in advance, being logged in before sale restarts, refreshing page constantly at sale start time, making decisions quickly, and having a Shop Pay code set up for quick checkout.

In my case this morning, I was probably slower than some in solving the Captcha puzzle. Anything else that I'm missing? To be honest, in middle age, I'm probably inherently a step slower than other people and for sure slower than bots.

Think I should just give up on these FCFS auctions for popular products, and wait for an unlimited GB like Monokei x TGR or Rama? The next FCFS sale that I'd participate in if I had a snowball's chance in hell would be Geon F2.
Geonworks Frog TKL w/62g Alpaca v2 (lubed, TX springs), SA-P Industrial PBT caps | Maker Alexa w/boba u4t stock, DCS 9009 caps

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
Re: FCFS Advice
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 10 June 2021, 21:15:57 »
I think you're already trying what you can to get to these. Logging in beforehand, having your personal details + address + payment methods all sorted, and just being there on time are plenty enough.

Unfortunately, it is a bit of both skill and luck of the draw (your response time + internet). In the end, the best you can do is keep trying when you can, while keeping in mind that there are much more stress-free GBs out there. Don't beat yourself up too much for it. Way she goes.

Technically the 7V was an open, unlimited GB, and the FCFS extras sale is just a small chance at whatever is leftover.

Offline rsrogers4

Re: FCFS Advice
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 05:56:35 »
Thanks so much for the response and kind words, LightningXI. Glad to hear I was doing what I could. Also, very glad to hear the original 7V was open and unlimited... gives me a reason to wait for the Venn, which looks awesome to me.
Geonworks Frog TKL w/62g Alpaca v2 (lubed, TX springs), SA-P Industrial PBT caps | Maker Alexa w/boba u4t stock, DCS 9009 caps