Author Topic: SCHEDULED DOWNTIME: 10/11/14 9-10a EST  (Read 5446 times)

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
SCHEDULED DOWNTIME: 10/11/14 9-10a EST
« on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 18:24:08 »
Maintenance work being performed tomorrow morning by our service provider will result in a short server downtime. We are actively working to make this downtime seamless and coordinating with our provider to get accurate estimates on best and worst case window duration. It is safe to expect that no content will be lost up to the moment of turn-down.

If the worst case happens and we go down for longer than an hour, please check geekhackers.org for updates on server status. Regardless, the server and database are safe. However, we are not in control of how long this service window might last.

Thanks for your cooperation!

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
Re: SCHEDULED DOWNTIME: 10/11/14 9-10a EST
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 18:27:24 »
When do you think solder will be back in stock?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 21:34:08 »
unfortunately, when i moved, i left the solder, spools and equipment with a family who is being even more unreliable than usual. the only answer i have there is lots of swearing. for those who are interested in a whole learn to solder kit, watch massdrop. for just solder, i'll let people know in the appropriate forum.

you'll notice that almost everything is listed as out of stock on the website. not an accident. geekhackers has necessarily had to take a backseat to my significantly increased responsibilities elsewhere. i'm trying to use the tools i have at my disposal to work this out and "keep the solder flowing", but it's almost like when i first started vending all over again. it took quite a while to come up with the system i used to stock, design and fulfill previously, and i'm having to start from scratch now.

anyway, the forum itself should be fine, but don't freak out if it's down for a little while tomorrow.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 22:11:07 »
unfortunately, when i moved, i left the solder, spools and equipment with a family who is being even more unreliable than usual. the only answer i have there is lots of swearing. for those who are interested in a whole learn to solder kit, watch massdrop. for just solder, i'll let people know in the appropriate forum.

you'll notice that almost everything is listed as out of stock on the website. not an accident. geekhackers has necessarily had to take a backseat to my significantly increased responsibilities elsewhere. i'm trying to use the tools i have at my disposal to work this out and "keep the solder flowing", but it's almost like when i first started vending all over again. it took quite a while to come up with the system i used to stock, design and fulfill previously, and i'm having to start from scratch now.

anyway, the forum itself should be fine, but don't freak out if it's down for a little while tomorrow.

Okay.

I just realized that I posted my solder question in the wrong thread.  Sorry about that.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More