Author Topic: Kinesis foot pedal.  (Read 4314 times)

fossala

Kinesis foot pedal.
« on: Tue, 29 November 2011, 02:50:05 »
I am looking at getting a single foot pedal for my kinesis advantage when it arrives so that I can use it to access the funtction layer that I plan to use a lot to stop the need of them rubber buttons.
Has anyone here used them before for this use and how effective was?

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
Kinesis foot pedal.
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 02 December 2011, 10:55:31 »
Kinesis foot pedals are very heavy duty and effective. I have a triple. Then again, food switches are incredibly simple devices (remember, it's just a contact switch). You can use almost any foot switch, doesn't need to be the Kinesis "brand". I set it up for various functions, even some with remapping. I understand about not wanting to use the elastomeric F row, that's why several of us have modified the Kinesis to have Cherry switches in those locations.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline Architect

• TECK Lover
Kinesis foot pedal.
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 15 December 2011, 17:30:04 »
I have the pedals that come with the keyboard and the solo triple pedal. I don't use them and wouldn't buy the solo again. It's too slow to use and awkward compared to my keyboarding. If I was disabled and that was the only choice then I'd do it.
TECK 209 Blank Keys; Leopold Number Pad; X-Keys Professional; X-Keys 84.

fossala

Kinesis foot pedal.
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 16 December 2011, 04:04:30 »
Dude, stop spamming all my threads with you TE propaganda. No one is buying it and you are just acting like a c**t

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
Kinesis foot pedal.
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 16 December 2011, 12:16:26 »
I have a triple foot pedal, but it's not in use at this time, so I can't tell you if it's slow or not. Can it be slow? If so, would that be in the firmware? I mean a foot pedal is just a contact switch with a few feet of wire.

If you really need to know soon any details about the foot pedal on a Kinesis, tell/ask me, and I can connect it up and find out the answers for you.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline Architect

• TECK Lover
Kinesis foot pedal.
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 20 December 2011, 06:51:06 »
Quote from: fossala;471961
Dude, stop spamming all my threads with you TE propaganda. No one is buying it and you are just acting like a c**t

WTF? What is your problem? I have the Kinesis foot pedal and haven't used it since I got it, not because the foot pedal is bad but because as I said, I personally find foot pedals too slow to use. F*** off, sorry I tried to contribute to your thread.
TECK 209 Blank Keys; Leopold Number Pad; X-Keys Professional; X-Keys 84.