Author Topic: New Cospad Case can be used for vertical and horizontal  (Read 16676 times)

Offline KPrepublic

• KPrepublic
New Cospad Case can be used for vertical and horizontal
« on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 02:30:14 »

Cospad New case is on. We name it as Flat.

It could be used for vertical and horizontal.

Aluminium as well but lighter than previous ones.

However, it may be not for RGB-guys. Because there is no diffuser on it.

ORDER LINK

Offline leece3

Re: New Cospad Case can be used for vertical and horizontal
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 15:19:14 »
For horizontal, can the same PCB be used? Or are the keycaps put in a 90 degree angle on the switches? Sorry for the noob question.

Also, what key to use to put the board/pcb into reset mode to flash it with QMK? Like on a dz60 PCB you can use Space-B when inserting the USB cable to put the board into RESET mode.. which key to use on the cospad to get the same effect, or is there a reset button on it?

Thanks!!!

Offline KPrepublic

• KPrepublic
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 00:52:36 »
For horizontal, can the same PCB be used? Or are the keycaps put in a 90 degree angle on the switches? Sorry for the noob question.

Also, what key to use to put the board/pcb into reset mode to flash it with QMK? Like on a dz60 PCB you can use Space-B when inserting the USB cable to put the board into RESET mode.. which key to use on the cospad to get the same effect, or is there a reset button on it?

Thanks!!!

Hello

Sorry for the late reply.

Quite busy so that no time to reply messages. Sorry again.

Same PCB for the horizon. You are right just turn the keycaps in 90 degree.

As for QMK, sorry I have no idea as well.

The cospad use TKG to reflash. And the reset button in the back of the PCB.

Offline leece3

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 13:11:22 »
Hi KPRepublic,

thanks for the reply nevertheless. But I just try on one switch, and the cap doesn't go on it in 90 degree, because the cross of the Cherry MX stem seems to be asymetrical?! Do I miss something? Would I have to shave something off the stem?

Regarding qmk, if the reset button is there, then that looks promising. The qmk source tree has a cospad folder. Maybe I look for some vertical setup instead then..

Cheers!

Offline KPrepublic

• KPrepublic
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 19:23:54 »
Hi KPRepublic,

thanks for the reply nevertheless. But I just try on one switch, and the cap doesn't go on it in 90 degree, because the cross of the Cherry MX stem seems to be asymetrical?! Do I miss something? Would I have to shave something off the stem?

Regarding qmk, if the reset button is there, then that looks promising. The qmk source tree has a cospad folder. Maybe I look for some vertical setup instead then..

Cheers!

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply.

I just tried again. I turned the keycap in 90 degree and installed on Cherry MX switch. It works.  :) May I have a photo how you install the keycap please? Cheers :)

Offline leece3

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 07:28:11 »
Thanks, after your reply I checked again, this time not using the cap form a switchtester, but a normal
key from a QMK set. And indeed, this time I can put it on the switch in a 90 degree angle! Maybe it has some wobble it doesn't have in the normal state, but it worked now! Thanks, together with the dedicated
reset button I seriously look into the Cospad set again and what layouts would suit my needs. Cheers.