Author Topic: Gray Unicomp Keycaps and Dyeing  (Read 1143 times)

Offline nyarmith

Gray Unicomp Keycaps and Dyeing
« on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 15:08:47 »
I know that white is preferred, but I wanted a full classic keyboard rather than the ultraclassic. Do the gray unicomp keyaps have any limitations as far as dyeing is concerned? I will be receiving my board this weekend and plan on dyeing it based on these notes: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=35444.0

Any feedback/rants about dyeing appreciated. Thanks for reading!  : )

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Gray Unicomp Keycaps and Dyeing
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 19:40:54 »
Dyeing will always go darker. Unicomp's gray is a very "cool" gray, almost bluish.

Unless you are going into the blue/green region of the spectrum, I recommend keeping the stock keys and ordering a $30 set of classic color keys ("pearl" and "pebble")

Perhaps I misunderstand, when I think of "classic" I am thinking of color rather than shape.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"