Author Topic: [H]BBv2s, CCs, KBKs, Springs, Switches, Plates, Gaterons [W]Powder Puff Blue BB  (Read 39058 times)

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: [WTB] 7x Costar Wire, Purple BB's, CC's, KBK's
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 11:48:57 »
Bump. Still looking for that 7x wire ... I missed out on one earlier in the week  :'(

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 21:30:09 »
Bump

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 12:13:42 »
I seriously think I might start and interest check and possibly a group buy for 7x costar wires. These things are way too hard to find  :confused:

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 07:17:30 »
I seriously think I might start and interest check and possibly a group buy for 7x costar wires. These things are way too hard to find  :confused:
If you are going to do the IC and GB for Costar 7x, I would like to share the specification that I did for my prototype that I mentioned before.

Type of material: Stainless steel 304 wire
Size: 16 AWG (1.29mm)

Design
81392-0

Test prototype on 16AWG stainless steel wire

Expected implementation problems:
+ 16 AWG Stainless steel 304 is very hard, as hard as hardened wire (music wire), so I don't think the E/Z Bender Wire Forming Tool (http://shop.dubro.com/p/e-z-bender-wire-forming-tool) can bend it.
+ It seems Costar manufacturer has CNC bending machine, so if we are going to bend the wire manually, the combination pliers, heavy nose pliers, heavy vise should be used.
+ The Z-bend in the middle is the hardest part.
+ Each Costar 7x wire will need at least 190mm material.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 November 2014, 04:16:58 by phoenix1234 »
I like linear switches

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
Bumping for new items - Phantom plates and Phantom PBT keys.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
They don't look switch moddable - they're not, right?
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
[WTS] Phantom plates, Phantom keys [WTB] 7x Costar Wire, CC's, KBKs, Purple BB's
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 22:35:54 »

All the plates allow for switch top removal.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly

All the plates allow for switch top removal.

I find them very interesting, since the switch removable plates I've seen so far have notches at the corners.

You don't have a pure 7 bit do you? (IE small spacebars, not the hybrid C or D in your listing)
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot

I find them very interesting, since the switch removable plates I've seen so far have notches at the corners.

You don't have a pure 7 bit do you? (IE small spacebars, not the hybrid C or D in your listing)

There are much clearer hi-res photos of the designs for everything except plates A and B in my group buy thread. I think the design of plate A is the design you're used to seeing. I actually prefer jdcarpes design without the extra lip on the side because it's got less corners to get messed up during cutting, switch stability is virtually identical, and I think it looks cleaner/nicer.

Plate E is a pure 7BIT plate. Plate B is the only hybrid plate. Plates C and D are just regular 125 and 150 plates.

Offline jonathanyu

pmed

Offline Heezy

• Formerly trynds
  • ★★★★★
Will the plates fit on a ducky?

Rig - i3 6300, 240GB SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte H170N Wifi, 16GB DDR4, Zotac 1060 Mini, 650w SuperFlower
Monitor - HKC144hz Mouse/Mousepad/Keyboard - Zowie EC1A - Zowie GS-R - Zowie Camade - Filco TKL MX Pink

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot

Will the plates fit on a ducky?

Negative, these plates do not have the necessary cutout for the controller.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
bump ... surely someone out there wants to trade me their purple bro for one of these plates  :cool:

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
Kind of surprised no one has bought any of my Phantom novelty keys yet

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
Bump

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
This is not the greatest bump in the world. No, this is just a tribute.

Offline Jersern

• Australian Keyboard Modding and Repair Service
No ANSI 125 plates............................................... :( *sigh*

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
Re: [WTS] Phantom plates [WTB] 7x Costar Wire, CC's, KBKs, Purple BB's
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 21:42:44 »
I'm debating posting a bunch of my Cherry stuff up here for sale (springs, stabs, switches, etc) after having fallen so much in love with Thorpe but it won't happen until these remaining stainless plates sell.

I've got the Topre bug so bad I'm even debating putting some of my MX novelties up to trade for Topre artisan keys  :eek:

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 08:42:06 »
These lonely metal plates are still here looking for a nice PCB to settle down with  :p

Offline DzyDzyDino

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 11:33:08 »
Are any of the usable phantom plates still available? I've always wondered too, when people put together phantoms with this layout, what case do they use? I do want one of these plates as I've been wanting to build this layout for a while. If those cases are still around that kind of just snap to the bottom of the plate, does anyone know where to get them? Or just anything that will work with this layout! Thanks!

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 12:31:02 »

Are any of the usable phantom plates still available? I've always wondered too, when people put together phantoms with this layout, what case do they use? I do want one of these plates as I've been wanting to build this layout for a while. If those cases are still around that kind of just snap to the bottom of the plate, does anyone know where to get them? Or just anything that will work with this layout! Thanks!

There's one mint ANSI 150 left and two usable ones with cosmetic defects. These 150 plates will work in most TKL cases but these are the most compatible with Filco. It will work with CoolerMaster cases and a few others with some slight modifications.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 23 December 2014, 20:33:23 »
Lowered the price of all plates.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #72 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 10:56:20 »
Spend some of that Christmas money you just got on one of my stainless plates!

Offline nova779

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 16:00:42 »
Do you still have any of the plates with just minor cosmetic defects, if so I would love to buy one from you.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 16:02:06 »
I'm debating posting a bunch of my Cherry stuff up here for sale (springs, stabs, switches, etc) after having fallen so much in love with Thorpe but it won't happen until these remaining stainless plates sell.

I've got the Topre bug so bad I'm even debating putting some of my MX novelties up to trade for Topre artisan keys  :eek:

Sell me your 78g springs :eek:

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 19:07:19 »
Two plates down, two left to go!

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #76 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 16:13:07 »
One plate left!

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
Re: [WTS] Phantom plates [WTB] Silenced RF87, 7x Costar Wire, Purple BB's
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 09:02:50 »
Looking for a silenced 87 key Realforce. Black would be my preference since I could just pull the top off and drop it on my existing PCB with 55g cups and not have to pop out the plungers but a silenced white would be okay as well.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
Updated first post with a ton of new stuff for trade. Hoping I can expand my collection of Topre clacks  :)

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
b
bu
bum (heh)
bump

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
bump
bum (heh)
bu
b

Offline nova779

I remember that you were looking for a 7x costar stabilizer and see that you removed it, did you find one? If so could you recommend a place to find one, I bent the one that I had and am in need of two.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
I remember that you were looking for a 7x costar stabilizer and see that you removed it, did you find one? If so could you recommend a place to find one, I bent the one that I had and am in need of two.

Unfortunately I never actually found one. I eventually just gave up. :(

Offline nova779

Well I am going to the store and purchasing a bender and some wire later this evening, if I can get one or two out of the fifty I'll probably have to make to even get it right I'll let you know.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
bbuummpp

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
Still here, still bumping

Offline saturnotaku

Sent you a PM.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
Brump

Offline animated

• uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I hope I get lucky with the Brobot sale so I can trade you for some of that cherry gear  ;D 
Das Browns, Filco Reds, Filco Blues, Leopold FC750R Reds, B.87 and B.Pad Gateron Blacks 65G Korean Springs, Varmillo VA87MR Gateron Blacks w/ Aluminum Case

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
Seriously WTB a silenced RF87UB   :cool:

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
Brrt

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
I haven't built a keyboard or modded any switches ever yet, but I still feel like I need that switch tool :o   

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
Dropped the price on the F2 Phantom plate by half and changed up my WTB section a little bit.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
Added
- conservative red mx bbv2
- stainless uTKL plate
- mint gum skull topre
- lubed and spring swapped gaterons
- pcb clears

Pretty soon Im going to be posting a kidney up in here trying to get a purple or blue mx bro  :))
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 February 2015, 21:22:56 by strict »

Offline VanGhost

Would you be willing to sell the SS uTKL plate?

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot

Sorry, only trading currently.

There seems to be a lot of interest in uTKL plates lately, maybe I should put together another GB soon ...

Offline tankfulloffoxes

Is that messed up ansi 150 phantom plate still for sale? 

Offline VanGhost

Sorry, only trading currently.

There seems to be a lot of interest in uTKL plates lately, maybe I should put together another GB soon ...
Damn, all I have to trade is LL Bean gift cards lol. But yeah dude another groupbuy would be awesome, you should do an interest check. I'd buy two if it helped.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot

Is that messed up ansi 150 phantom plate still for sale?

Yep, still for sale.