Author Topic: Zowie FK  (Read 4829 times)

Offline realex

Zowie FK
« on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 06:04:05 »
http://www.zowiegear.com/component/content/article/252-introducing-the-zowie-fk

after some long and thorough testing with the zowie am i realized the only thing that still made me go back to my deathadder was the am's shape (thin front /\), which sometimes made it hard for me to pick up and control the mouse.
so i'm really excited for the fk as it seems to address this issue.

most importantly, the sensor remains the same between am and fk (flawless avago 3090, customized lens, low lod)
according to some testers, they still use huano switches in the new model but they are reportedly located further back than the ones in the am, thus resulting in less actuation force.

how good this will be in the end will have yet to be decided, but i'm most definitely getting one once it hits the market.

(should be next week)
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 February 2013, 06:06:11 by realex »

Offline Melchior

Re: Zowie FK
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 15:15:16 »
Seems to me like it could be good for fingertip style users as well... Let us know what the weight is when you get it.
Ducky ONE    |   CM Recon

Offline realex

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 15:31:17 »
according to zowie information weight is 5 grams lower than the already very light am. iirc 82 grams w/o cord.

Offline Reomero

• Manual breather
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 03:00:57 »
Keen on hearing your feedback on them when these release.

Offline frostwoozle

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 16 February 2013, 19:25:30 »
Very neat, I'm in the market for a new mouse at the moment actually.

I've been considering the AM but as much as I like an Intellimouse-like grip I get more control with the slope on my Razer Salmosa. Maybe this'll be the best of both worlds. Definitely keep us posted!

Offline realex

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 18 February 2013, 12:34:01 »
couldn't get one yet, but the first reviews start to come in. here's one:

http://www.esplanet.net/article/851-review-zowie-fk/

Offline chel-

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 27 February 2013, 15:38:33 »
I like the yellow. I'd still be using my AM if I weren’t getting random mouse clicks with it. I'm curious about the coating and switch positioning. I always felt that the buttons were a little hard to click, but not deal breaking for me.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 04 March 2013, 00:46:11 »
I also want to get the FK. It seems like it has a shape more similar to mice like the WMO 1.1 and Sensei, which is extremely comfortable for me. I am now using the AM, and while I can use it without any issue, I really get what people say about the shape. It is not so narrow that it becomes uncomfortable to me, but in comparison , a similar mouse shape that is wider in the front feels better.

The problem is that I am overall pretty satisfied with my AM, and all in all I still find it more comfortable than all those ergonomic mice. Since the brand is not as well known and it is a bit of a niche product, I worry about resale value. I might just sick with it. Maybe wait until the inevitable FK-FG is released and get that instead.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0