Author Topic: [GB] BMEK - "Alice x HHKB" | GB Completed  (Read 39269 times)

Offline nathanchere

Re: [GB] BMEK - "Alice x HHKB" | In Production
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 28 November 2020, 11:35:48 »
They look every bit as stunning as I could have hoped for, great work pulling this all together. Even with the delays it is super impressive. Ladies and gentlemen, this is how you run a group buy.

Offline jouz

• bemeier.com
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 04:01:40 »
They look every bit as stunning as I could have hoped for, great work pulling this all together. Even with the delays it is super impressive. Ladies and gentlemen, this is how you run a group buy.

Thank you, you're too kind!

The first three BMEKs just got delivered to DHL:

Offline dangboy

• yes
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 17:17:18 »
Spot 58 here, crossing fingers for extras

Offline beekey

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 06:25:46 »
Spot 58 here, crossing fingers for extras
I'm even crossing toes. ;) Looks super nice.

Offline gorbachev

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 17:14:23 »
Great updates!

Offline jouz

• bemeier.com
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 16 January 2021, 03:53:23 »
Just a quick update, since I know not everybody here is also following along on the discord:

There have been some delays over the new years, but things are picking up again.
I've already received the anthracite gray parts, and the remainder of the colors should follow quickly now.
Those in batch 1 who ordered anthracite gray have already be notified about handling shipping, please check your mail :)

Even though I already have some parts for batch 2, I'm prioritizing batch 1 customers, as they have already paid and are waiting - I'm sure everybody understands.

Here is a pic of the anthracite gray with the teal plate, it really looks very close to how it was shown in the renders :)

Offline whezil

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 16 January 2021, 05:57:54 »
The symmetry of this case is very well thought out, it seems balanced on either half of the board.
Surprisingly it is quite appealing with the left and right control keys removed, I like it.

Offline jouz

• bemeier.com
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 23 January 2021, 13:07:18 »
Another quick update :) :

Violet
I'm preparing shipping of the batch 1 violet orders this weekend, here some pics of the parts:

It reasonably matches the desired color (Pantone 5115 C: ███), it's a bit brighter, but it has the right hue, containing more red than the first prototype, which went much more towards lavender:

I know it's a bit of a trope, but it really looks even better in person.

Blue

Sadly, the color matching for the blue parts didn't go quite as good. 3DHubs QC caught a significant difference before the parts even got to me.
Below is an image illustrating the mismatch.

It's a little brighter and more saturated than 533C should be, but most of all that shade of blue is just way off.
I know a lot of people ordered the blue BMEK together with Hammerhead (as I advertised it), and I felt it just wouldn't be a good fit, so I asked for the parts to be redone.

Obviously this will take some extra time (expect ~2-3 weeks), but I hope everybody understands why I made this choice instead of just keeping & shipping as is - even if you may have liked the blue as it came out first.

Offline vurtomatic

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 11:47:29 »
I thought I'd share some unboxing pics since most of the activity is on Discord. Congrats on an impeccable GB and a big thank you, @jouz  :thumb:

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #59 on: Mon, 15 March 2021, 10:42:39 »
(delete)
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 March 2021, 17:51:49 by nathanchere »

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 16 March 2021, 14:37:08 »
This is looking really good.  Any update regarding people in 50 - 60 spots?

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 16:04:15 »
The blue cases apparently arrived in Europe and jouz is hoping to ship them ideally over the weekend. I can't say officially but I believe these are the last of batch 1 which were still pending, and then batch 2 can start.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 19 March 2021, 07:21:28 »

Updated today:

Quote from: jouz
Yes, I'll try to start sending out invoices throughout next week. I have limited time on work days, so I certainly won't be able to do all at once. Also for efficiency, I might organize my work by case color / shipping region / etc. instead of going by the order in the raffle.

Offline jouz

• bemeier.com
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 19 March 2021, 10:49:30 »
sorry for not updating earlier here. As usual, I prefer to have the parts in hand before updating the time schedule.

And as it happens, the blue parts finally arrived today. Quality looks great, as does the color - it looks amazing with the teal plates.
So I'll wrap up batch 1 this weekend as promised.

My plan is to start sending out invoices for batch 2 throughout next week. I don't know how many I will be able to handle per week - for example, there will also be some new customs regions that I haven't had the chance to fill out the forms for which always is extra work for me.  This also means I will likely handle orders by shipping region and case color, so I can be more efficient (i.e. don't panick if you're low on the raffle list and don't get an invoice immediately!).

There still are good chances that this will happen if you're on spot 50-60. I think given the longer-than-promised waiting time, there will be some more drop-outs in batch 2 (which honestly I completely symphasize with, life situations change). However, it'll be so much easier for me to manage the post-50 spots once I know about all the dropouts in the original batch 2, as I can get a better picture of the final remaining stock of cases by color, plates, PCBs etc.

Offline beekey

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 19 March 2021, 18:23:54 »
sorry for not updating earlier here. As usual, I prefer to have the parts in hand before updating the time schedule.

And as it happens, the blue parts finally arrived today. Quality looks great, as does the color - it looks amazing with the teal plates.
So I'll wrap up batch 1 this weekend as promised.

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

My plan is to start sending out invoices for batch 2 throughout next week. I don't know how many I will be able to handle per week - for example, there will also be some new customs regions that I haven't had the chance to fill out the forms for which always is extra work for me.  This also means I will likely handle orders by shipping region and case color, so I can be more efficient (i.e. don't panick if you're low on the raffle list and don't get an invoice immediately!).

There still are good chances that this will happen if you're on spot 50-60. I think given the longer-than-promised waiting time, there will be some more drop-outs in batch 2 (which honestly I completely symphasize with, life situations change). However, it'll be so much easier for me to manage the post-50 spots once I know about all the dropouts in the original batch 2, as I can get a better picture of the final remaining stock of cases by color, plates, PCBs etc.
This blue looks fantastic! Have not given up hope at rank >60. Damn, so good looking.

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 19 March 2021, 19:07:24 »
Oh my, that is a lovely blue.

I am spot 51, crossing my finger I can get an invoice.

Offline toxicdrift

Re: [GB] BMEK - "Alice x HHKB" | Batch 1 Completed
« Reply #66 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 07:17:23 »
is there going to be a batch/round 2?
Realforce 87U

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 11:18:55 »
is there going to be a batch/round 2?

Every indication is no, there won't be.

Offline LoLoDDD

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 09 August 2021, 09:27:34 »
Hey I found at least 2 version of raw data in keyboard layout editor, and all of those are different with layout dxf file in github. Could you plz tell which version raw data is final and could you share with me .Thank you very much 

Offline Adelscott

Re: [GB] BMEK - "Alice x HHKB" | GB Completed
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 09 September 2022, 09:05:06 »
We need more Alice + Split left shift !
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards