Author Topic: TX-series keyboards  (Read 327144 times)

Offline kawasaki161

Re: [IC] TX-75 (best 75% of the year) trust me
« Reply #450 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 08:12:14 »
Call your local customs office and ask there.

This is what it looks like when one of my shipments was delivered to the customs office directly.

Thanks for that tip... Seems like I won't get my stuff this year :(

Offline wodan

« Reply #451 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 08:17:58 »
Customs office should be open tomorrow ... just call ahead to get the pickup-number and then get there to collect. Or wait 2-3 days for the notification ;)

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #452 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 08:20:34 »
Customs office should be open tomorrow ... just call ahead to get the pickup-number and then get there to collect. Or wait 2-3 days for the notification ;)

I'll give it a try... DHL didn't even want to tell me which one they sent it to though, so I'll have fun calling around.

Offline wodan

« Reply #453 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 08:22:20 »
There should only be one customs office for your address.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #454 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 08:43:41 »
There should only be one customs office for your address.

I just found the right one... doesn't look good right now, but I'll call them again tomorrow, maybe I'm lucky. But from what I remember I only had to go there when things were pretty bad :(

Offline renzpwns

• I didn't like money in my wallet anyways.
« Reply #455 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 13:01:08 »
It's beautiful. Thanks kin and yuktsi!  :thumb: Packaging was fantastic too.

156307-0
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 December 2016, 13:04:52 by renzpwns »

Offline kin25

• TXKeyboards
« Reply #456 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 13:03:40 »
It's beautiful. Thanks kin and yuktsi!  :thumb:

(Attachment Link)

Welcome to BRASS PLATE WORLD.

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #457 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 13:07:46 »
It's beautiful. Thanks kin and yuktsi!  :thumb:

(Attachment Link)

Welcome to BRASS PLATE WORLD.

This is a gorgeous piece!! Kin sure does phenomenal work. Love, love, LOVE!

Offline ticktwo

• -kbdfan
« Reply #458 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 13:10:28 »
It's beautiful. Thanks kin and yuktsi!  :thumb: Packaging was fantastic too.

(Attachment Link)
this case is silver?
its amazing!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

HHKB | Leopold FC750R | Mech27 (soon) | TX-75 (soon)

Offline renzpwns

• I didn't like money in my wallet anyways.
« Reply #459 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 13:14:34 »
It's a gray one, guess the room was a bit bright when I took a shot.  :)

Offline kin25

• TXKeyboards
« Reply #460 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 13:28:40 »

It is my fault.
I like light grey more than dark grey.
So I made light grey kbd.

Offline gaiden

« Reply #461 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 14:22:37 »

It is my fault.
I like light grey more than dark grey.
So I made light grey kbd.
Kin, it looks like a dream to me, light grey is a fantastic color choice!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #462 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 17:17:13 »
I received mine today. Super fast shipping for being sent in the middle of holiday season and for the first time I didn't have to pay any customs fee!!(?) 😁 EMS is by far the best.

As many already have mentioned, the packaging was just awsome. You can really see a lot of thought and care has been put in to it. Simply awsome unboxing experience.

The light gray colour that I ordered has exceeded my expectations. Really beautiful! The texture from the anodised process is a bit different what I am used to and absolutely nothing negative. As a matter of fact, I love the feel of it. Oh how I wish I could get more TX boards with that grey colour.

I guess what I am trying to say is a big THANK YOU to kin25 and yuktsi for making this work of art available to me. Thank you!

Offline Saiph

« Reply #463 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 17:18:23 »
Kind of wish I got grey now :)

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #464 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 17:20:31 »
I received mine today. Super fast shipping for being sent in the middle of holiday season and for the first time I didn't have to pay any customs fee!!(?) EMS is by far the best.

As many already have mentioned, the packaging was just awsome. You can really see a lot of thought and care has been put in to it. Simply awsome unboxing experience.

The light gray colour that I ordered has exceeded my expectations. Really beautiful! The texture from the anodised process is a bit different what I am used to and absolutely nothing negative. As a matter of fact, I love the feel of it. Oh how I wish I could get more TX boards with that grey colour.

I guess what I am trying to say is a big THANK YOU to kin25 and yuktsi for making this work of art available to me. Thank you!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I love that gray!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #465 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 17:22:23 »
I received mine today. Super fast shipping for being sent in the middle of holiday season and for the first time I didn't have to pay any customs fee!!(?) 😁 EMS is by far the best.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That gray is absolutely perfect.

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #466 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 17:22:52 »
I received mine today. Super fast shipping for being sent in the middle of holiday season and for the first time I didn't have to pay any customs fee!!(?) EMS is by far the best.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I love that gray!
It is hard not to agree.

Offline fublamchu

• ㅋㅋㅋ
« Reply #467 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 18:11:34 »
Kind of new to the world of Kustoms and I'm wondering... How many of you guys had troubles with customs and the shipment? I'm seeing some situations here and I was hoping to get a general idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LZ-CE VBlacks
910-CE

Offline kin25

• TXKeyboards
« Reply #468 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 18:43:41 »
I saw updated list of yuksi.

jal (GH)
Asbrodeus
r5d
nevaenuf
YisSerL
asym (geekhack)

Some colors lack extra.

Plz contact with me by telegram.
Id : kin25

Offline Saiph

« Reply #469 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 18:54:19 »
Nvm, black is great  :)

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
« Reply #470 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 19:08:08 »

jal (GH)

[...]

Some colors lack extra.

1) Whoo-hoo! Can't wait!

2) Moron alert: I'm confused about Telegram. I downloaded the iPhone app called 'Telegram Messenger' - is that the right one? It seems to use telephone numbers to contact people, not user IDs. I tried creating a contact with just 'kin25', but it wants a number.  If it is the right app, what am I doing wrong? Sorry - I don't normally use instant messaging apps and don't keep up with how they all work. Please use little words.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #471 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 19:12:36 »

jal (GH)

[...]

Some colors lack extra.

1) Whoo-hoo! Can't wait!

2) Moron alert: I'm confused about Telegram. I downloaded the iPhone app called 'Telegram Messenger' - is that the right one? It seems to use telephone numbers to contact people, not user IDs. I tried creating a contact with just 'kin25', but it wants a number.  If it is the right app, what am I doing wrong? Sorry - I don't normally use instant messaging apps and don't keep up with how they all work. Please use little words.

Pretty sure you can just add kin25 as a contact. That's what I did at least (Android S7). Easiest method to contact any GB/Vendor sale provider I've encountered. Part of it probably goes to kin just being responsive.

Offline jal

« Reply #472 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 19:16:08 »
Kind of new to the world of Kustoms and I'm wondering... How many of you guys had troubles with customs and the shipment? I'm seeing some situations here and I was hoping to get a general idea

It mostly depends on your country. It may depend on the specific two countries involved; international trade is complicated. In specific cases, if someone declares an obviously bogus value, it may cause a problem. Personally, for me in the U.S., I've had zero problems with expensive things coming from Korea, China, Australia, Germany, Norway and probably others I'm forgetting. This may change in the US after January 20th, but who knows. Depending on where you are, I'd suggest asking someone local for their experiences.

Hope this helps, at least a little.

Offline fublamchu

• ㅋㅋㅋ
« Reply #473 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 19:17:38 »

It mostly depends on your country. It may depend on the specific two countries involved; international trade is complicated. In specific cases, if someone declares an obviously bogus value, it may cause a problem. Personally, for me in the U.S., I've had zero problems with expensive things coming from Korea, China, Australia, Germany, Norway and probably others I'm forgetting. This may change in the US after January 20th, but who knows. Depending on where you are, I'd suggest asking someone local for their experiences.

Hope this helps, at least a little.

Well, whenever my family imports food from Korea it ends well so I'm hoping that process transfers to this... Thanks for the help!

LZ-CE VBlacks
910-CE

Offline Saiph

« Reply #474 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 19:19:18 »
Yeah, I'm in the US as well and have never had problems with customs.

Offline jal

« Reply #475 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 19:23:33 »
Pretty sure you can just add kin25 as a contact. That's what I did at least (Android S7). Easiest method to contact any GB/Vendor sale provider I've encountered. Part of it probably goes to kin just being responsive.

Thanks. I think I figured it out. Using the add contact screen wouldn't work - really wanted a phone number, but starting a conversation, and searching for kin seems to work.

...and kin is typing at me now. Thanks again!

Online Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #476 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 19:29:26 »

Thanks. I think I figured it out. Using the add contact screen wouldn't work - really wanted a phone number, but starting a conversation, and searching for kin seems to work.

...and kin is typing at me now. Thanks again!
His support is amazing. Very upfront and helpful with details, and sends you plenty of pictures of what you're buying and shows you the package before sending it out.

Sent from my LG-V20

Offline jal

« Reply #477 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 19:32:39 »
His support is amazing. Very upfront and helpful with details, and sends you plenty of pictures of what you're buying and shows you the package before sending it out.

Seriously, amazingly amazing.

Kin, if you ever become an ISP or a phone company, I don't care what you charge. I'll sign up twice.

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #478 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 20:26:02 »
Broken record here parroting recent posts, but it's been a neat experience buying from Yuktsi and Kin. Really quite fun to have conversations with them directly while deciding on colors (in my case, a bit indecisively- sorry Kin!) and watching the board get packed up, etc. This is only my first year all-in within this hobby, but have really enjoyed interacting with many truly excellent GB runners/ company owners (Zeal, Elton, Leandren, etc...) who make the waiting bearable and deliver first rate goods. But watching your board come together and then get boxed up for you is pretty dang unique. Thanks for the access and awesome boards, guys.

Offline fublamchu

• ㅋㅋㅋ
« Reply #479 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 21:41:30 »
Just to clarify, is the bottom row, 1.25x, 1.25x, 1.25x, 6.25x, 1.5x, 1.5x, 1u, 1u, 1u?
LZ-CE VBlacks
910-CE

Offline Saiph

« Reply #480 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 21:49:32 »
Just to clarify, is the bottom row, 1.25x, 1.25x, 1.25x, 6.25x, 1.5x, 1.5x, 1u, 1u, 1u?
You can do a few different bottom rows. That one does work though.

Offline fublamchu

• ㅋㅋㅋ
« Reply #481 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 22:06:12 »

Oh... Is there a definitive list of the layouts or will I just have to play it by ear and just try them out?

LZ-CE VBlacks
910-CE

Offline Saiph

« Reply #482 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 22:24:12 »

Oh... Is there a definitive list of the layouts or will I just have to play it by ear and just try them out?

Well all these will work http://i.imgur.com/cPs89cB.png.
The tx75 has support for split spacebar in addition to those.

Offline fublamchu

• ㅋㅋㅋ
« Reply #483 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 22:24:37 »

Well all these will work http://i.imgur.com/cPs89cB.png.
The tx75 has support for split spacebar in addition to those.

Thanks for the help!

LZ-CE VBlacks
910-CE

Offline wodan

« Reply #484 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 23:46:08 »
Buying korean custom kits from stock at the original GB price is pretty much unique. I've seen a TX-CP available at GB price here sell for a 100$+ markup on /r/mm at the same time.

This kustom shopping experience is exceptional :)

Offline kin25

• TXKeyboards
« Reply #485 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 02:30:56 »
Hi.. Everybody.
 Dec. 27. Thu

I sent 3 boxes.

Peter Tr*
Thomas Ki*.
Kevin Ma*

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #486 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 02:42:13 »

You may refer to the LZ-SQ interest check thread. The bottom row is the same.
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #487 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 06:49:27 »
I picked my TX87 and TXPad up from the customs office today. The packaging is AMAZING... can't wait to build it :D . Man I can't get over the packaging it was sooo professional.
I'll post pics later  :thumb:

Offline joey

« Reply #488 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 06:50:24 »
I picked my TX87 and TXPad up from the customs office today. The packaging is AMAZING... can't wait to build it :D . Man I can't get over the packaging it was sooo professional.
Glad you got it  :thumb:

Offline kin25

• TXKeyboards
« Reply #489 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 07:34:45 »

I was worried about your box.
Wow.. Finally you received it.
I am happy to hear.

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #490 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 08:46:18 »
I got mine as well! The blue is am amazing colour! Thanks kin for getting me pictures with the brass to show how good it looked! He definitely wasn't kidding when he said you should use two hands, remember to bend at the knees too cause that's how solid this thing is. it definitely surprised my post office guy when he tried to bring my package out!

Unfortunately it looks like there were scratch marks or imperfections on the ss plate. How does one go about fixing it? Should I sand it down then polish or what should I do

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #491 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 09:28:46 »
everyone received theirs accept for me. I is sad.
Ki please ship my tx75, I have no keyboard to use now.

:'(

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #492 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 09:35:14 »

No proto 910s, Janes, or even your VE.As?

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #493 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 09:46:19 »
I got mine as well! The blue is am amazing colour! Thanks kin for getting me pictures with the brass to show how good it looked! He definitely wasn't kidding when he said you should use two hands, remember to bend at the knees too cause that's how solid this thing is. it definitely surprised my post office guy when he tried to bring my package out!

Unfortunately it looks like there were scratch marks or imperfections on the ss plate. How does one go about fixing it? Should I sand it down then polish or what should I do
Looks normal to me since it's not surface treated.
These are not mass produced board, some flaws should be expected.

Is that the steel or brass plate? :-\

Got bored of all my boards. I NEED the TX75.
Btw, has anyone tried the keyboard of the latest MacBook Pro? The 'thock' sounds really good

My collection

More

Offline kin25

• TXKeyboards
« Reply #494 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 09:49:02 »

I know you are the most patient in the world.
You can wait for tx75 in whole your life.
I can send yours ASAP in next life.
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 December 2016, 09:51:49 by kin25 »

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #495 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 09:54:10 »

I know you are the most patient in the world.
You can wait for tx75 in whole your life.
I can send yours ASAP in next life.

My collection

More

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #496 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 10:06:27 »

Btw, has anyone tried the keyboard of the latest MacBook Pro? The 'thock' sounds really good

I tried one at the Apple store the other day. It's...different. Not sure how it will feel after a while of using. I'm used to the keyboard in my 2010 MBP.

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #497 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 10:18:23 »

Looks normal to me since it's not surface treated.
These are not mass produced board, some flaws should be expected.

Is that the steel or brass plate? :-\

Of woops, meant the ss weight. Last picture, potato picture but looks like screwdriver scratched the weight when putting in the middle screw

Offline Saiph

« Reply #498 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 10:20:18 »
Dumb question,  what do I use to reprogram the board?

Offline kin25

• TXKeyboards
« Reply #499 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 10:31:29 »
Dumb question,  what do I use to reprogram the board?

Jigon