Author Topic: TX-series keyboards  (Read 327172 times)

Offline mech0nly

Re: TX-series keyboards
« Reply #1000 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 08:37:38 »
Yay, i also looking for EVA cases lately

Thanks kin for making it available!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
356mini | 360C | G81-3000SAT | G81-3000SAU | G80-3000LPCXY-2 | G80-3485LWNUS-2

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #1001 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 08:41:50 »
Just paid... holy crap that was a lot of money.

Offline poolside

Re: TX-75 (best 75% of the year) trust me
« Reply #1002 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 09:25:30 »
TXCP v2 preorder form

https://goo.gl/forms/lENyB836gXwBZOln1

Don't rush... I make many txcp r2.

Deadline for Payment is before shipping. ^^
When you pay, I will start packing and shipping.

Shipping day is 15 May ~ 30 May.

All TX-CP v2 keyboards and TX-1800 v2 R1 ship simultaneously?
Is there a R1/R2 thing for the TX-CP v2?

Offline boo

« Reply #1003 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 15:13:36 »
Is there a sample color of Olive?

Offline Blackhawk

« Reply #1004 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 15:59:44 »
Is there a sample color of Olive?

I'm also very interested in this

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #1005 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 22:53:16 »
Just ordered a red 1800.  I keep ordering keyboards and keycaps at 4:20am. Not on purpose, I just stay up late looking at the screen until I'm too tired to resist anymore. But always make it to 4:20.

I want to see the blue 1800 though... I might change my order. :/

Offline kin25

• TXKeyboards
« Reply #1006 on: Sun, 23 April 2017, 02:39:06 »
Just ordered a red 1800.  I keep ordering keyboards and keycaps at 4:20am. Not on purpose, I just stay up late looking at the screen until I'm too tired to resist anymore. But always make it to 4:20.

Red → blue?
Ok

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #1007 on: Sun, 23 April 2017, 03:04:13 »

Red → blue?
Ok

Please leave it as red for now. I just want to see picture of blue colour!

Offline maximm

« Reply #1008 on: Sun, 23 April 2017, 03:55:44 »
Wodan shows off a blue TX-75 on YT, guessing the TX-1800 will have the same color.

Offline kin25

• TXKeyboards
« Reply #1009 on: Sun, 23 April 2017, 04:39:47 »

Red → blue?
Ok

Ok..

Red → Blue → Red → ?

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #1010 on: Sun, 23 April 2017, 06:23:16 »

Red → blue?
Ok

Ok..

Red → Blue → Red → ?

Kin, I've messaged you on Telegram.  :thumb:

Offline iichigoz

« Reply #1011 on: Sun, 23 April 2017, 09:52:24 »
Crap, now I feel like changing colour too. Is there any sample of the titan gray colour?

Offline kin25

• TXKeyboards
« Reply #1012 on: Sun, 23 April 2017, 10:02:24 »
Crap, now I feel like changing colour too. Is there any sample of the titan gray colour?

After seeing anodizing sample, just let me know your choice.

I will show them in a few days.

Offline lunr

« Reply #1013 on: Sun, 23 April 2017, 17:00:36 »
I am sad there is no purple for TXCP R2 :(

@kin25 - can we switch the top colour for TXCP R2?
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 April 2017, 17:17:36 by lunr »

Offline kin25

• TXKeyboards
« Reply #1014 on: Sun, 23 April 2017, 20:42:53 »
I am sad there is no purple for TXCP R2 :(

@kin25 - can we switch the top colour for TXCP R2?

Sorry.. There is no purple in R2.

Offline anhthao88

« Reply #1015 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 09:21:38 »
Kin, when you have more time, could you please also make an order form for the TX-75 and TX-Pad? That'd be much appreciated!
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 April 2017, 10:13:23 by anhthao88 »

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #1016 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 12:47:31 »
Paid up for a R1 TX1800V2. Now the wait will be the hardest part, but it will be quite worth it.

Might be enough time to see what other colors catch my eye for R2... :))

Offline maximm

« Reply #1017 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 01:21:09 »
Will you lower the customs value when shipping?

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #1018 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 03:55:32 »
Just finished my TX84 last night! Thanks again Kin!

Grey TX84 with lubed MX Clear, OG Cherry dyesub (with doubleshot right shift)
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline poolside

« Reply #1019 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 14:25:56 »
Just finished my TX84 last night! Thanks again Kin!

Show Image

Grey TX84 with lubed MX Clear, OG Cherry dyesub (with doubleshot right shift)

Nice! That board must be so heavy that it warps the light.  ;D

Offline Azaicorp

« Reply #1020 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 17:21:17 »
I was waiting for the Duck Lightsaver v3 but I think I like the layout of the TX-CP with the small gaps better. Does anyone here know how those two keyboards would compare? Or generally how tx keyboards compare to duck?

The main thing I really liked about the Lightsaver originally was the 96 key layout and the new 3 LED strips design. However, now that i've seen this compact 1800 layout I've started leaning towards the TX-CP. Duck seems to have a lot of hype surrounding it but the TX keyboards seem to be pretty low key in comparison. However, I get the feeling that TX is more focused towards the typing experience so might actually be better quality than Duck keyboards. So i was looking for peoples opinions on what they thought: TX vs Duck? Which one do you guys think is better or what are the pros and cons of either in direct comparison to each other. Especially things that you can't really tell just by looking at pictures.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #1021 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 01:02:50 »
Somebody send me a Duck so i can compare!

I'd love to hear people's thoughts on this too. If i had the cash to spare I'd be all over this, but I really can't justify it as i already have, and am happy with, two TX boards already.

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #1022 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 01:36:34 »
I've heard it has the worst, or hardest to program PCB's, and I did hear some complaining about the duck eagle/viper finish for the last group buy. But still, they're one of the best looking boards (led indicator placement is beautiful), and they are available in a couple interesting form factors that's harder to find before (96, hhkb, blackbirds layout) which made them desirable

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #1023 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 02:35:23 »
I've heard it has the worst, or hardest to program PCB's

Well, I mean it's not as dumbed down as Jigon or Bootmapper Client which is basically "press a button" "press a key" "hit upload", but come on, compared to TMK/QMK this is a lot easier. Actually, after you installed the correct drivers I think this software is very easy to use with the only difference to the aformentioned alternatives being that you have to bring the board into DFU mode before hitting upload, and well, you have a keymap to work with layed out and don't have to figure out which place in the matrix is supposed to be which key on the board.

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #1024 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 09:18:36 »
Sorry I guess I didn't phrase it very well and it came out sounding a little harsh, I just meant to compare it to the other Korean keyboard programming software's like jigon, boot loader, and whatever gon has and the general consensus seems to be that duck boards are the hardest kustom boards to program like you mention as well

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #1025 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 11:31:30 »
I was waiting for the Duck Lightsaver v3 but I think I like the layout of the TX-CP with the small gaps better. Does anyone here know how those two keyboards would compare? Or generally how tx keyboards compare to duck?

The main thing I really liked about the Lightsaver originally was the 96 key layout and the new 3 LED strips design. However, now that i've seen this compact 1800 layout I've started leaning towards the TX-CP. Duck seems to have a lot of hype surrounding it but the TX keyboards seem to be pretty low key in comparison. However, I get the feeling that TX is more focused towards the typing experience so might actually be better quality than Duck keyboards. So i was looking for peoples opinions on what they thought: TX vs Duck? Which one do you guys think is better or what are the pros and cons of either in direct comparison to each other. Especially things that you can't really tell just by looking at pictures.

I'd love to hear people's thoughts on this too. If i had the cash to spare I'd be all over this, but I really can't justify it as i already have, and am happy with, two TX boards already.

So, I can add a bit to this... I have two Duck boards (Blackbird and Viper v2) and three TX boards (75, 84 and CP). I love them all and there are some interesting differences. First off, the TX boards are just rock freaking solid. I am such a fan of Kin and the TX boards- they are amazing (and I'm excited about the 1800v2 as well!). I would agree with Aziacorp that they are very tuned to the typing experience. Kin is extremely knowledgeable (obviously) and designs/ tunes his boards to give an amazing typing experiences. They are tanks and a pleasure to hammer out some pages on. I also like how willing Kin is to offer a variety of materials for plates and color options. He is also super nice to work with and accessible/ responsive via Telegram, which I appreciate. As many have mentioned, he'll send you a picture of your board as it's all packed up, which is cool. The 1800v2 seems to have brought him closer to Duck with the new 360 degree diffuser layer that may also be mixed/ matched with metal gaskets to customize the underglow look you want (or eliminate it altogether). That's a first and I'm looking forward to it, the other TX boards have no diffuser layer, which is mostly ok with me, but I do enjoy the smooth underglow of the Blackbird (before my LED2 spontaneously went south and I lost all but one of the RGB LEDs... another story).

On the Duck boards, you really nailed it there- it's the layouts for me that are really great. The Blackbird is just about my ideal layout and I love using it at work. I do spreadsheets and still like the num pad (I know, decidedly un-hip), but I've also always enjoyed the HHKB layout... Boom ---> Blackbird!! The Viper is great too of course as a dedicated HHKB layout. The down side of Duck for me is the color/ customization options are very few. The last two buys, it's been silver or black though they did offer alu, ss or polycarbonate (plastic) plates for the Viper v2,which was cool. Programming... it was a steep learning curve, but once you figure out how to work with the O2D and Flip, it's pretty easy. Nightmare at first that involved many hours of cussing, but once you click with the process, programming Duck boards is ok. Again, a wash with the TX, I would say.

Build quality is absolutely equal. They are both perfect and I could find no way to differentiate between the two simply on quality. Ano is excellent on all five of the aforementioned boards, so for me, that is a wash. I have my first LZ board on the way (Stan) and I do expect that to be ever so slightly higher quality - whatever that means. I think Kin would say the same- he works with LZ and not to put words in his mouth, but the LZ boards are made in smaller quantities and I think have maybe a bit tighter tolerances on machining and anodization?? That said, I'm not sure if I'll be able to see that difference in my own experience- the TX boards are so freaking nice, I can't imagine how the LZ boards would exceed them, but I'll have a data point on that this summer. :)

Hope that helps. Feel free to comment or PM if you have any other questions or anything.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #1026 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 12:15:32 »
I've heard it has the worst, or hardest to program PCB's

Well, I mean it's not as dumbed down as Jigon or Bootmapper Client which is basically "press a button" "press a key" "hit upload", but come on, compared to TMK/QMK this is a lot easier. Actually, after you installed the correct drivers I think this software is very easy to use with the only difference to the aformentioned alternatives being that you have to bring the board into DFU mode before hitting upload, and well, you have a keymap to work with layed out and don't have to figure out which place in the matrix is supposed to be which key on the board.

I am getting a TX board (or two) anyways.
I just want to know if the PCB has features like tap-vs-hold and multiple-tap like in those boards that support QMK, and how many layers it has. Especially the tap-vs-hold is a very useful feature. I hope Leeku can implement them in the future firmware if it is not currently there.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #1027 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 14:24:59 »

I prefer the my TX board to my Duck. Once you learn how to do the firmware stuff for the Duck PCB then you can make changes quickly but I've also encountered some wonky behavior in general from it. Firmware for the TX board is essentially plug and play and changes are super easy to make, the instructions out there are easy to follow. The TX boards also feel more substantial since they come with a weight already. In addition, when building my keyboards, I had less frustrating moments building my TX board.

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #1028 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 15:19:13 »
I hope this isn't too off-topic, I just built my TX-84 recently, and it's super awesome, the software is easy to figure out (I have used Jigon before to program my MX1800 boards), but does anybody know how to turn off all the RGB LEDs on the back of the PCB? The TX84 chassis is obviously not build for underglow, but the RGB LEDs are blinking and I can just about see the light reflecting through the gaps between the keys, quite distracting for me. In the Jigon main screen, there are options to change the RGB colours and brightness, but I don't see any toggles to turn them off altogether. Can anyone here who has a TX series keyboard chime in and help?

Oh and obligatory picture:

Offline Blackhawk

« Reply #1029 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 15:20:13 »
I hope this isn't too off-topic, I just built my TX-84 recently, and it's super awesome, the software is easy to figure out (I have used Jigon before to program my MX1800 boards), but does anybody know how to turn off all the RGB LEDs on the back of the PCB? The TX84 chassis is obviously not build for underglow, but the RGB LEDs are blinking and I can just about see the light reflecting through the gaps between the keys, quite distracting for me. In the Jigon main screen, there are options to change the RGB colours and brightness, but I don't see any toggles to turn them off altogether. Can anyone here who has a TX series keyboard chime in and help?

Show Image

The only way I know of is setting the color to black

Offline Azaicorp

« Reply #1030 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 17:58:39 »
Thanks for all the help guys. Reading the comments and the messages from the community members really helped make my decision.

As sexy as the newest iteration of Duck keyboards looked I think I'm going to go with the TX. Reason being is that I prefer the compact 1800 layout of the TX, the HEAVY hefty feel and the fact that it focuses so much on just the typing experience. The main draw for me for the Duck lightsaver was just how awesome it looked whilst still being top quality, especially the 3 diffused LED cutouts on the side. However, I've realised that I usually get bored of that pretty quickly. I always end up turning off any back lit LED on my switches and on the KBD75 that I recently built I've completed stopped using the RGB underglow. The flashy lights are great for pictures and great when you first get it but I get bored of them quickly where as the awesome feeling of the switches I never get tired off. The reason I prefer the 1800 layout is because when I put keycaps of the same colour on my kbd75, it actually got annoyingly difficult to quickly find the correct F1-12 keys if it was one of them in the middle. I think visually splitting them up with colour or with small gap like the TX-CP is massively beneficial. So I think the layout is more ergonomic (less misclicks) as well as the fact that the gaps splitting up the huge chunk of keys make them look more attractive. The brass plate, the extra heft and more intuitive firmware are nice bonuses  ;D

Thank god now I don't have to spam F5 out of paranoia for when the Duck Lightsaver gets released.

Offline kitchenace13

« Reply #1031 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 18:23:46 »
Just ordered TXCP R2 Titan Grey, Brass Plate, Brass Weight.  Looking forward to this amazing keyboard!

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #1032 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 18:25:23 »
Just ordered TXCP R2 Titan Grey, Brass Plate, Brass Weight.  Looking forward to this amazing keyboard!
You won't be disappointed, hope you enjoy!

Offline kin25

• TXKeyboards
« Reply #1033 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 19:22:56 »

Show Image

Leeku released new firmware and jigon.
It has 'rgbled on/off button'.

L3_170419.zip   (All L3-xxx PCBs)
JigOn_170419.zip   (Key mapping GUI)
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 April 2017, 19:40:13 by kin25 »

Offline kin25

• TXKeyboards
« Reply #1034 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 19:43:29 »
Here are new Jigon and firmware.

Offline lunr

« Reply #1035 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 20:19:24 »
@kin25 - You probably missed this and I should ask you on Telegram but can we switch different colour tops for TXCP?

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #1036 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 20:21:10 »

I updated my Jigon to the new version and now I can turn off the RGB LEDs, thanks Kin  :thumb:

Offline kin25

• TXKeyboards
« Reply #1037 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 20:23:06 »
@kin25 - You probably missed this and I should ask you on Telegram but can we switch different colour tops for TXCP?

Sorry..
I was busy until yesterday..

Now I am free..

Different top is available.
But it must be black and grey.

Offline kin25

• TXKeyboards
« Reply #1038 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 20:25:01 »

I updated my Jigon to the new version and now I can turn off the RGB LEDs, thanks Kin  :thumb:

Oh..Does It work well?
I did not test the new firmware and jigon. :)
Thanks for letting us know.

Offline lasermild

« Reply #1039 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 09:34:38 »
Paid up for black TX-CP!

Offline kin25

• TXKeyboards
« Reply #1040 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 10:13:21 »

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #1041 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 12:33:08 »
I didn't post when I paid, but I paid for my TX-CP. I'm really looking forward to this board!

Thanks again, kin.

Offline kin25

• TXKeyboards
« Reply #1042 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 12:37:36 »
I didn't post when I paid, but I paid for my TX-CP. I'm really looking forward to this board!

Thanks again, kin.

Haha.. Thanks too.

Tomorrow.. I will show some pics of BAG.

Offline yokken

« Reply #1043 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 13:30:19 »
Hey kin, since you got Leeku to add the RGBLED On/Off feature, could you possibly ask him to add a toggle for the Shift-Esc ~ feature? It's kind of a pointless feature for layouts of this size, though I can see it being nice for 60-65%. I had to downgrade my firmware to get rid of that, so I could use Ctrl-Shift-Esc to open Task Manager in Windows. Took me about an hour and a half of Googling and experimenting to figure it out, was quite frustrating actually.

That said, can't wait for my Titan Grey. Thanks kin.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #1044 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 15:47:54 »
Thanks for all the help guys. Reading the comments and the messages from the community members really helped make my decision.

As sexy as the newest iteration of Duck keyboards looked I think I'm going to go with the TX. Reason being is that I prefer the compact 1800 layout of the TX, the HEAVY hefty feel and the fact that it focuses so much on just the typing experience. The main draw for me for the Duck lightsaver was just how awesome it looked whilst still being top quality, especially the 3 diffused LED cutouts on the side. However, I've realised that I usually get bored of that pretty quickly. I always end up turning off any back lit LED on my switches and on the KBD75 that I recently built I've completed stopped using the RGB underglow. The flashy lights are great for pictures and great when you first get it but I get bored of them quickly where as the awesome feeling of the switches I never get tired off. The reason I prefer the 1800 layout is because when I put keycaps of the same colour on my kbd75, it actually got annoyingly difficult to quickly find the correct F1-12 keys if it was one of them in the middle. I think visually splitting them up with colour or with small gap like the TX-CP is massively beneficial. So I think the layout is more ergonomic (less misclicks) as well as the fact that the gaps splitting up the huge chunk of keys make them look more attractive. The brass plate, the extra heft and more intuitive firmware are nice bonuses  ;D

Thank god now I don't have to spam F5 out of paranoia for when the Duck Lightsaver gets released.

I could almost have written this myself. And from a fellow UKer as well. Also pretty much decided not to bother with the Lightsaver after being really set on it and getting antsy about missing out on the GB. Seeing the love for Kin's boards got me interested and after some really pleasant comms on telegram I'm now in for at least an 1800, and stumping up the extra to get it built as well (which seems like a bargain at $130 including all the parts, frankly). I've also got a KBD75 on the way but am thinking I might sell it when it arrives. Was planning on maybe getting an opaque acrylic layer to replace the diffuser on it anyway, realised I'm not a huge fan of the flashy lights stuff after building my PC and turning off all the stock rgb stuff after a couple of days.  :)

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #1045 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 17:20:05 »

Thanks again, kin.

Haha.. Thanks too.

Looking forward to it! Is there a choice of brass, SS, or alu zip?  ;D
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 April 2017, 17:26:45 by futurecrime »

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #1046 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 18:05:32 »

Thanks again, kin.

Haha.. Thanks too.

Is it possible to get just the bag? :D
http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline kin25

• TXKeyboards
« Reply #1047 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 21:42:18 »
Hey kin, since you got Leeku to add the RGBLED On/Off feature, could you possibly ask him to add a toggle for the Shift-Esc ~ feature? It's kind of a pointless feature for layouts of this size, though I can see it being nice for 60-65%. I had to downgrade my firmware to get rid of that, so I could use Ctrl-Shift-Esc to open Task Manager in Windows. Took me about an hour and a half of Googling and experimenting to figure it out, was quite frustrating actually.

It is fixed already.

Thanks again, kin.

Haha.. Thanks too.

Is it possible to get just the bag? :D

Yes. You can.
But shipping cost will be more expensive than bag.

For saving shipping cost..
After manufacturing.. My friend(US Proxy) can help to ship
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 April 2017, 21:49:18 by kin25 »

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #1048 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 05:07:25 »
I might be too poor to get a new TX board, but would love to buy one of those bags for my V1 TX-1800 if it fits.

And thanks to those providing feedback and comparisons. It's really helpful. I'll wait for V3 with a cup holder ;)

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #1049 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 05:42:49 »

I just updated my TX84 to the new Leeku firmware the other day, and can 100% confirm that has been fixed. There's now a drop down toggle on the main screen of jigon that lets you choose Shift Esc behaviour (I am also a heavy user of Ctrl Shift Esc to invoke taskmgr)