Author Topic: Ohai  (Read 2558 times)

Offline 3rdEden

Ohai
« on: Fri, 10 June 2016, 08:21:05 »
Hey all,

I'm new to the keycap scene. I'm old fart from the Netherlands. I originally started out as designer artist, did a lot of work in 3D designs and now i'm full time programmer. I love gaming. Currently just looking around and searching for my first 60% mechanical keyboard. And start customizing the **** out of it.

So you'll probably see me around posting stupid ass questions because I still have lots to learn :D

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
Re: Ohai
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 10 June 2016, 09:56:39 »
Welcome to GeekHack! :cool:

Best place to start would be: Recommended Reading

Included on that list is the Simple Questions, Simple Answers thread (There's a great FAQ in the OP).

Oh and don't forget to read about WalletHack!

Happy Keyboarding!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 10 June 2016, 18:09:48 »
Hello, welcome. :) We can trade 'stupid' questions

Offline 3rdEden

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 11:15:15 »
Hello, welcome. :) We can trade 'stupid' questions

Haha, looking forward to that ;-D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 19 June 2016, 00:58:09 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Are you looking at buying or building your 60% keyboard?

If buying, an HHKB or a Pok3r are both very popular.

If building, the GH60 might be a good place to start: http://techkeys.us/collections/accessories/products/gh60
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline figit090

• RGB LED Kinesis Contoured
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 01:03:15 »
Hey all,

I'm new to the keycap scene. I'm old fart from the Netherlands. I originally started out as designer artist, did a lot of work in 3D designs and now i'm full time programmer. I love gaming. Currently just looking around and searching for my first 60% mechanical keyboard. And start customizing the **** out of it.

So you'll probably see me around posting stupid ass questions because I still have lots to learn :D
60% mechanical.. Sounds like a Kinesis Advantage, lol.  Do you mean like, a rubber dome key with mechanical hinges, like a laptop?

If you're a programmer I highly recommend Kinesis boards by the way, really ergonomic, some are mechanical (their contoured top line models) and will increase your wpm (has macros too).  Welcome!

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk