Author Topic: Do replacements always take this long with elitekeyboards?  (Read 1146 times)

Offline Manbeardo

Do replacements always take this long with elitekeyboards?
« on: Sun, 29 August 2010, 12:12:45 »
Here's my horror story:

I originally ordered a Filco Tactile Click Otaku keyboard on 8/13. A day after ordering, I decided I wanted a tenkeyless model instead, so I sent an e-mail requesting that my order be changed.

4 days later, I received an e-mail saying that he would gladly change my order. The board shipped 8/19.

When I received the board, I noticed two things upon opening the box and plugging it in: it was the wrong board and it was DOA. When I requested that my order be changed, I copy/pasted the model number from the website, which turned out to be the model number for the non-otaku version of the board (upon revisiting the site, there appears to be an inconsistent bug that sometimes causes the wrong model number to appear).

I sent another e-mail requesting an exchange of the DOA board with the correct model on 8/25. I have not yet received a reply.

It has now been 16 days since I ordered the first board and I do not yet have a functioning keyboard and I have no idea when I will.

Is this a normal occurrence or did I just have a perfect storm of errors?

PS: I love the feel of the cherry blues, I just wish that I could use them to type. :Cry:
My Boards: Filco Tenkeyless "Otaku" (Blues), HHKB Professional 2

Offline Viett

Do replacements always take this long with elitekeyboards?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 29 August 2010, 13:15:06 »
I RMAed my board a few weeks ago and it was very speedy (took less than a week). I'd say it's unusual he hasn't responded to your email, though. Probably can't go wrong sending another just to be sure.
Keyboards: FKBN87MC/NPEK, Dell AT101W (Black), IBM Model M 1391401 (91) x 2, Deck 82 Fire, Cherry MX8100 (Clears), Siig Minitouch
Layouts: Colemak (100WPM), QWERTY (100WPM) -- Alternative Layouts Review