Author Topic: [GB] Owl 660 - [Sotting]  (Read 38403 times)

Offline foxmancore

Re: [GB] Owl 660 - [Close pay]
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 29 July 2018, 23:18:27 »
hope QiuFang will resolve this. Was actually looking forward to this board :(

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 05:46:39 »
Since Quifang has disappeared for 2 weeks, I've filed a dispute with Paypal. Quifang now has 10 days to respond to that dispute on Paypal or the money gets charged back to me. Hopefully that's a better incentive for Quifang to respond to everyone than forum posts and DMs alone.

thanks for this. I know we are all taking risks with this buy since it is relatively small without any updates after payment. Please let us know any development. Or I may have to abandon this buy as well.
How long can you get the money from Paypal back?

Offline foxmancore

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 05:53:59 »
IIRC Paypal has 180 days buyer protection

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 22:26:51 »
IIRC Paypal has 180 days buyer protection

you can renew it before it ends if you call them, so technically it's even longer than that
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 31 July 2018, 12:01:19 »
too late to get in on this? just found it :(

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
    • Donate to Room To Read!
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 31 July 2018, 13:22:08 »
Have you read the rest of the thread?

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 31 July 2018, 17:15:20 »

If anything, since, many did not pay I'm pretty sure qiufang would allow you in.

Offline Tree_

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 31 July 2018, 21:38:23 »

If anything, since, many did not pay I'm pretty sure qiufang would allow you in.

If we ever hear from him/her again.

Offline Tree_

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 18:57:03 »
Since Quifang has disappeared for 2 weeks, I've filed a dispute with Paypal. Quifang now has 10 days to respond to that dispute on Paypal or the money gets charged back to me. Hopefully that's a better incentive for Quifang to respond to everyone than forum posts and DMs alone.

Hear anything back?

Offline Stagione

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 19:13:17 »

What did you file the dispute as? Since it's a GB you can't say "Item Not Received" or "Item not as described"

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 20:28:33 »
really holding out for this one. I really want this board to happen.

Offline Purondo

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 23:18:22 »

Hear anything back?

Quifang hasn't responded to the Paypal dispute. August 8th or 9th is when the dispute will automatically close and charge my money back should Quifang still be absent.

What did you file the dispute as? Since it's a GB you can't say "Item Not Received" or "Item not as described"

You are mistaken. For all intents and purposes, Quifang is a seller here (sent product invoice) that has refused to communicate for over 2 weeks after payment was made. Paypal reviewed the dispute, accepted the dispute, and escalated because Quifang's absence can be interpreted as the intention to not send the product, which means I won't receive the product (Item Not Received).

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 06:19:11 »
just wanted to share this. Look at his last activity on geekhack it was July 16

Offline Tree_

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 00:31:19 »
hope QiuFang will resolve this. Was actually looking forward to this board :(

Same. But at this rate I'm thinking if we don't get an update by the time Purondo's Paypal dispute goes through, I'll be doing the same.

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 12:33:44 »
Just wanted to let you know that I will try to withdraw my money today

Offline QiuFang

• Owl Keyboard
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 02:28:20 »
guys, i just got back from the trip. I went to the temple and learned Buddhist scriptures. And now im back. Paypal was held until 4 August so I decided to start working on that date. Now the paypal balance is ~ $ 1k5 and the total will be around $ 2k6. So please wait a few days to paypal pay enough (and especially you have contract with paypal). So I can go shopping for materials.

Thanks you

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 02:36:27 »
guys, i just got back from the trip. I went to the temple and learned Buddhist scriptures. And now im back. Paypal was held until 4 August so I decided to start working on that date. Now the paypal balance is ~ $ 1k5 and the total will be around $ 2k6. So please wait a few days to paypal pay enough (and especially you have contract with paypal). So I can go shopping for materials.

Thanks you

glad to see a response from you. also glad that this buy will continue even with the limited amount of entrants.

Offline Tree_

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 02:46:08 »
Also glad for the update, I'd rather see this board happen than not.

QuiFang, not to sound negative but given that the Road Map stated a turn around of 10 weeks and we're now in week 5 since invoicing, can we realistically expect shipping in roughly 5 weeks?

Offline QiuFang

• Owl Keyboard
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 03:26:29 »
Do not worry, my prototype does a total of ~ 30 days. Anyway, paypal has held me for 24 days already. Maybe time will add up to the roadmap. Perhaps in my paypal account first received such a large amount.

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 04:11:38 »
Can you please post a proof, like a picture of the invoice from the factory. Sorry, but without proof I will withdraw my money.
Thanks

Offline QiuFang

• Owl Keyboard
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 05:10:34 »
I made with my relationship with the engineers. And I do not understand what you want to withdraw money will solve what? If I do not, then you want to withdraw at any time, because anyway I could not have tracking you right?
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 August 2018, 05:12:21 by QiuFang »

Offline QiuFang

• Owl Keyboard
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 05:14:10 »
If you can not trust me, say I want to withdraw. I also do not want to know what your reason is. And I will remove your name from the list, anyway I'm waiting for paypal to be able to start buying raw materials.

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 05:37:57 »
If you can not trust me, say I want to withdraw. I also do not want to know what your reason is. And I will remove your name from the list, anyway I'm waiting for paypal to be able to start buying raw materials.
Are you serious?
I think you weren't the  transparent person in this whole affair.
At least you could have informed all buyers about your vacation.
I am just sceptical and we are talking about a large summ of money here

Offline QiuFang

• Owl Keyboard
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 05:59:54 »
What kind of fairness? while I have not expired but paypal hold to buy materials. Do you want to see paypal email notice hold period?
You want me to have a bill from the factory, this is China. And if appear "bill" is licensed by the factory, it certainly would not have cost $ 220 for 1 kit.

I do not inform people about my thought as well as my paypal hold 24 days, which is my fault. This is the first time I think anyone will be held by PayPal.

And finally, apart from the most sincere apologies. I suggest everyone calm, close case in paypal. So I can easily get money and buy raw materials. If I can not prove that I am buying raw materials or cnc. At that time people open case in paypal not late. Right ?

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 06:06:00 »
What kind of fairness? while I have not expired but paypal hold to buy materials. Do you want to see paypal email notice hold period?
You want me to have a bill from the factory, this is China. And if appear "bill" is licensed by the factory, it certainly would not have cost $ 220 for 1 kit.

I do not inform people about my thought as well as my paypal hold 24 days, which is my fault. This is the first time I think anyone will be held by PayPal.

And finally, apart from the most sincere apologies. I suggest everyone calm, close case in paypal. So I can easily get money and buy raw materials. If I can not prove that I am buying raw materials or cnc. At that time people open case in paypal not late. Right ?
I do trust you.
I just wanted a confirmation (of course it wouldn't say 220) after the long period without communication

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #75 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 06:07:39 »

I do trust you.
I just wanted a confirmation (of course it wouldn't say 220) after the long period without communication
And just so you know I love your design and would love to get it.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 12:14:48 »

is this the first group buy you have run? here is your situation -

you left the group buy unattended, not telling buyers where you have gone after they sent you their money.
without updates, people get scared and issue a refund process with paypal
now, to earn trust back you need to provide proof of your progress.

personally, i do not believe your 5-week delivery is going to work. more like 5 months

i was interested in trying to buy into this group buy, but after seeing your responses i have serious doubts of your ability to deliver

Offline QiuFang

• Owl Keyboard
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 20:16:29 »
You want me to prove something in me was no money to buy materials?

My current $ 1k5 $ Paypal now available. and still pending 3 case.

Now, if it were you, how would you prove it?

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 01:53:52 »
I think any screenshot of any kind whether it from paypal holding funds or what not is better than nothing.

But yes, as someone who has joined in on this the lack of updates was scary but, also a bit too soon for me to ask for a refund just because I was hopeful for this.

we understand your situation but also understand your position as the gb runner.

Offline Stagione

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 03:54:04 »

you left the group buy unattended, not telling buyers where you have gone after they sent you their money.

Basically this. If you had told us after the GB ended that the funds would be held until August 4, and that you would be going away, none of this would have happened. You are a newcomer and not an established member of Geekhack or reddit. I have no idea who you are. I gave you over $300 and heard nothing from you for 3 weeks. Of course I am worried.

If you post a screenshot of your Paypal account holding funds then I will close my dispute.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 August 2018, 03:58:35 by Stagione »

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 05:27:14 »

Basically this. If you had told us after the GB ended that the funds would be held until August 4, and that you would be going away, none of this would have happened. You are a newcomer and not an established member of Geekhack or reddit. I have no idea who you are. I gave you over $300 and heard nothing from you for 3 weeks. Of course I am worried.

If you post a screenshot of your Paypal account holding funds then I will close my dispute.
Please do it! I will close my dispute as well, in that case

Offline QiuFang

• Owl Keyboard
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 06:55:08 »
https://i.imgur.com/Rhe7D5s.png

https://i.imgur.com/VxxW1xv.jpg (One of the paypal emails sent after receiving your money.)

Here, I tried to summit all the information for paypal to resolve this situation. But all the information that paypal only shows sumitted for review.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 August 2018, 12:43:02 by QiuFang »

Offline foxmancore

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 20:49:15 »
Hope you can figure it out and glad too see that the GB is not completely abandoned. Please give more updates in the future QiuFang

Offline QiuFang

• Owl Keyboard
« Reply #83 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 22:52:14 »
Sell paypal to start making payments all stages today.

- Order PCB
- Order materials
- Booking CNC milling

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #84 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 21:53:30 »
Sell paypal to start making payments all stages today.

- Order PCB
- Order materials
- Booking CNC milling

hell yeah. let's ****ing do this.

Offline t4n6

« Reply #85 on: Tue, 21 August 2018, 14:04:49 »
QiuFang, any updates?

Offline Tree_

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 23 August 2018, 09:17:35 »

Offline _ODIN_

Offline QiuFang

• Owl Keyboard
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 23 August 2018, 20:04:46 »
- 10 days left to end CNC phase.  :thumb:

Offline QiuFang

• Owl Keyboard
« Reply #90 on: Thu, 23 August 2018, 20:05:30 »
will update picture very soon

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #91 on: Thu, 23 August 2018, 23:56:11 »
- 10 days left to end CNC phase.  :thumb:
Thanks for the update, looking forward to the pictures

Offline Tree_

« Reply #92 on: Mon, 27 August 2018, 03:11:52 »
How soon?  :eek:  :cool:  ;D

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 27 August 2018, 04:17:30 »
CNC is machining? I suppose another couple of weeks for polishing and anodizing. How are the pcbs?

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #94 on: Mon, 27 August 2018, 04:46:56 »
CNC is machining? I suppose another couple of weeks for polishing and anodizing. How are the pcbs?

Offline Tree_

« Reply #95 on: Mon, 27 August 2018, 05:05:53 »
Let's not bombard him with waterfall quotes again, haha.

And I just assumed that because he said photos soon after mentioning that CNC was nearly done that he might have some pre-ano photos. If not, all good.

Offline t4n6

« Reply #96 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 12:46:58 »
Once more, updates? It's been almost 2 weeks so was just curious.

Offline Stagione

« Reply #97 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 17:03:32 »

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #98 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 16:15:00 »
do you have any pictures of the PCB? I am curious how it looks.

Offline QiuFang

• Owl Keyboard
« Reply #99 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 21:12:51 »
CNC phase is almost finished, just a bit more with the plate.
I produced 11/11 case Owl. We have 7 buyers and one set for me. So we have 3 left over sets.

If someone wants to join then please contact me by email: woojina1993@gmail.com