Author Topic: Zowie AM or FK for large hands?  (Read 8437 times)

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
Zowie AM or FK for large hands?
« on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 09:54:48 »
I have pretty big hands, and I'm interested in acquiring a Zowie mouse, as I hear they're the bee's knees. The FK and the AM are supposed to be essentially the same mouse, but with slightly different bodies. Which would be more comfortable for my over-sized hams?

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
Re: Zowie AM or FK for large hands?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 23:39:33 »
I think size wise they're about the same.  Both are meant for bigger hand size.  The difference are that AM is more /___\ shape and FK is more \___/ shape.  FK also adjusted the click switch position further back so it's lighter to press.

Overall most seems to prefer FK over AM.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 14 June 2013, 18:21:55 »
I have both, and am selling the AM.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=44572.0

I really do not think it is about the size of your hands. It seems to me that it is more about your particular anatomy and how you like to hold the mouse. I like the FK better because it is wider in the front, and because the mouse starts narrow at the bottom and becomes wider towards the top, making it much easier to lift.

That said, the AM felt fine as well. I just tried the FK out of curiosity, because it looked so much like the SS Sensei and I knew I like the shape of that mouse.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline velvetdon25

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 01:04:25 »
The FK just feels right in my hands compared to the AM. Plus the yellow on black looks nice.

Have you thought about the EC1 Evo? Think of a IE + DA.

Offline remedyhalopc

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 23:14:13 »
AM was too small for my hand, and I was consistently aware that I was using a mouse. I'm happily using a DA now. The Zowie's sensor was great though and I really liked it, just wished it was a bit bigger.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 06:49:00 »
I should have mentioned in my previous reply that the AM and FK are claw-grip mice. Someone with large hands will generally not be able to palm either of them. So keep that in mind.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline pr1me

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 07:36:04 »
They are basicly the same, with maybe the AM a little bit bigger

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 15:18:44 »
How is it possible to change the DPI on a Zowie MiCO?