Author Topic: CST L-TRAC OWNERS: Anyone Interested in a Clear Acrylic Ball?  (Read 2667 times)

Offline craZivn

CST L-TRAC OWNERS: Anyone Interested in a Clear Acrylic Ball?
« on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 17:49:02 »
Hello all,

I've been looking at getting a clear acrylic ball for my L-Trac from plasticballs.com. But I have to order at least four of them, so I'm looking for three (or more) others who want a clear ball! The price quoted to me is $13.00 per ball, plus an estimated $10 for shipping via UPS. So the price is $15.50 per ball (possibly slightly more or less depending on shipping) plus whatever the cost is for me to send you your ball once they get here.

If anyone's interested, just let me know here and if there's enough of us I'll put the order in. Then when it arrives, I'll package up each ball and send it to it's claimant after receiving payment.

Think what you could do with one of these and a few LEDs! And if you just can't picture the awesomeness, I think Ripster has pics of his somewhere here.

Ivan

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
Re: CST L-TRAC OWNERS: Anyone Interested in a Clear Acrylic Ball?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 18:06:17 »
Would love this, although international shipping would probably kill it for me I'm afraid.

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 18:07:51 »
Would love this, although international shipping would probably kill it for me I'm afraid.

Yes. would it track well?

Offline craZivn

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 18:11:44 »
Good question on the tracking! Ripster should know, I'll PM him.

Offline craZivn

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 20:17:46 »
Ok, I've been off the forums for quite some time and it appears that Ripster has disappeared from Geekhack! So we're on our own with this. I'm willing to roll the dice if there are three others willing, but whoever's in has to understand that the CLEAR BALL MAY NOT BE USABLE!

(Draws sword and scribes a line in the dirt.)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 07:23:06 »
You can find Ripster and his minions at Reddit.

Offline tayot

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 18:43:35 »
check the manufacture date on your Ltrac - I read from another post that the new Ltrac units only track the blackballs because they have newer sensors.

I have the Ltracx manufactured in March 2012. I have a clear acrylic ball bought from http://www.neonhusky.com/JShop/product.php/124/115 - same as where ripper got his, but I found they are too light- about 4.09 ounces . It works fine on the trackball but I didn't like the feel of the roll. I preferred the original black ball which is 6.02 ounces. Now I'm waiting on a cueball that is weighted at 6.75.

Offline craZivn

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 19:59:28 »
Thanks much for the link! I'll just order my ball off of there, so the group buy is off. I just ordered a second L-Trac, I'll try the clear ball in it and see if it works.

CZI

Offline craZivn

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 19:42:27 »
Update! The new lasers will not, as Tayot has said, track on a clear ball! The date of manufacture on mine is 2014.03.04 and it will not reliably track with the clear ball. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

CZI