geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] Aluminum/Stainless Steel Plates for Pokers

(1/27) > >>

The_Beast:
How much interest is there for a plate to make your poker plate mount? The plates will be lazer/laser cut with a tolerance of +/- .002"

I got a quote a month back for a TKL plate. It was $25 for a single plate, of .063" 5052 aluminum. So I can assume it's going to be cheaper than $25 since it's smaller. The only thing that I'm worried about is it being .063" instead of the .060" that costar stabilizers need to function properly.

Count: ~10

sth:
whoa is that price including the cuts? color me interested. could also go with costar stabilizers instead and get them from WASD, or just do PCB mounted cherry stabilizers.

The_Beast:
Yup, TKL sized plate with all the cut for $25. That was a quote for one plate too, he did mention price points where it would drop, but he didn't give exact numbers where they break. I can only assume a poker would be even cheap since there is less machine time and less material.

Halverson:
I'd be interested in one or two!

alaricljs:
Just a quick review.... the really tight thickness and hole tolerances are necessary for Costar stabs.  Cherry stabs are a bit more forgiving.  If the PCB is drilled for PCB mount then *nothing* matters.  The switches are very forgiving on tolerance variance and PCB mount is how all the Korean boards go because it's easier to stick with 1 part (and maybe availability) since they do thick acrylic plates, alu plates and no plate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version