Author Topic: [GB] Cherry MX Silent Black Switches - Shipping Update  (Read 110570 times)

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
Re: [GB] Cherry MX Silent Black Switches - Order Processing!
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 05:16:04 »
So is it an honor system? Whats going to happen to all the orders that don't pay the VAT?
If it's a honour system everyone is getting their orders, regardless of VAT.

That's the spirit entirely. I won't chastise anyone for the fact that I made a mistake. Every contribution is appreciated!

Now for the good news!

The order has been paid in full!

I have sent payment to the supplier yesterday. The order has now been action'd by the supplier meaning that they will submit the order to Cherry and Cherry will start manufacturing the switches. Once Cherry confirms this I will get an accurate delivery estimate. As of right now the delivery estimate is still 16 weeks. Roughly January 10th 2018. This has taken a lot longer than I would have liked and I really appreciate how kind and forgiving the community have been about this mistake. Thank you all for being awesome! I hope to make it up to all of you with more awesome GBs in the future.

Here's to a successful rest of the GB!

My face reading the good news:

More

Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline dorf

• divine creator
« Reply #151 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 04:43:29 »
I'm really looking forward to this!

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #152 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 14:20:34 »
I'm really looking forward to this!

Me too!

Maybe not the sorting and packing and shipping 96,000 switches part. The part where I have to resist filling a bath/paddling pool with MX Silent Blacks!

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #153 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 14:40:59 »
A picture of you swimming in switches would be quite nice...Think of how cool your great grand kids will think you are...

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #154 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 14:48:45 »
A picture of you swimming in switches would be quite nice...Think of how cool your great grand kids will think you are...

I would imagine swimming in switches would be worse than walking on lego. Or possibly good and bad. That satisfying keypress followed by sharp jabs from the pins.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #155 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 15:17:37 »

**** no. That's disgusting.

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #156 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 11:18:54 »

Agreed.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #157 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 11:57:24 »

Agreed.

Think of the switch legs...ow
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #158 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 12:37:05 »

Agreed.

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #159 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 14:52:29 »

Agreed.

Isn't there a pic of 27 in a Panda bath?

Offline Sempre

« Reply #160 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 17:19:19 »

Agreed.

Reminds me of the needle bath scene in Saw

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #161 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 18:13:34 »

Agreed.

No idea what you're talking about.
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline Kavik

« Reply #162 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 01:29:32 »

Agreed.

Reminds me of the needle bath scene in Saw

I want to play a game. You like keyboards. For years now, you have been obsessing over them. To live, all you have to do is dive into the pit of upside down cherry MX silent black switches.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #163 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 06:56:20 »

Agreed.

No idea what you're talking about.
Time to find out who's bathing in pandas in this pic then...

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #164 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 18:12:24 »
I'm just realizing I forgot to pay the VAT thing.

Although, I'd love a quick message on where we are about this GB right now before doing so.
23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #165 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 20:30:19 »

Although, I'd love a quick message on where we are about this GB right now before doing so.

Mate just read the damn update will you? It's on the top of this same page.
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #166 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 20:44:15 »

Mate just read the damn update will you? It's on the top of this same page.

No need to be so rude; last update as almost a month ago. There still isn’t an accurate date.

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #167 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 11:51:38 »
Hey guys! I tend to stay quiet unless I have concrete news so sorry for this. Last I heard from the distributors is that they have received and allocated the payment and that they will get me a delivery date as soon as they know more from the factory. I realise I should have probably updated a bit sooner. I'll send my contact an email and see where we are at. Closes estimate I can give is 16 weeks from date of payment (20th Sept).

Thanks!

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #168 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 15:31:48 »
Cheers for the update. But the wait is much more disheartening after the Cherry Developer Kit announcement. https://www.cherrymx.de/en/blog/cherry-mx-developer-kit.html

Offline Atredl

« Reply #169 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 16:50:05 »
Cheers for the update. But the wait is much more disheartening after the Cherry Developer Kit announcement. https://www.cherrymx.de/en/blog/cherry-mx-developer-kit.html
Those mention that they don't have "fixing pins" for frame mounting which I assume means they're plate mount not PCB mount like we're getting in this GB.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 October 2017, 16:51:57 by Atredl »

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #170 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 07:17:59 »

It is a bit. I can't seem to find the kits available for purchase though. Would be interested to see what price they are at.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #171 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 07:26:49 »

It is a bit. I can't seem to find the kits available for purchase though. Would be interested to see what price they are at.

Because they haven't yet. 
Your price was lower and also Cherry will offer plate mounted apparently. 

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #172 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 10:34:39 »
UPDATE

I've just had an email back from the distributor. They have given me an estimated delivery date of 23rd November 2017! Which is way ahead of the expected schedule. It is worth noting that this date is when the distributor expects to have them. There will be some time after that for the switches to ship to me, and then on to you guys. It's looking like you should definitely have your switches before Christmas!

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #173 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 10:36:33 »
UPDATE

I've just had an email back from the distributor. They have given me an estimated delivery date of 23rd November 2017! Which is way ahead of the expected schedule. It is worth noting that this date is when the distributor expects to have them. There will be some time after that for the switches to ship to me, and then on to you guys. It's looking like you should definitely have your switches before Christmas!

Awesome, thanks for the update!
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #174 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 10:36:55 »
UPDATE

wew

this might be a good Christmas then ;D

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #175 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 10:37:49 »
UPDATE

Awesome! Great news for upcoming builds!

I was thinking maybe they ramped up production with the cherry dev kits coming out, but then I remembered those kits are plate mount.  Sure hope they don't F up and give us plate mount

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #176 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 11:08:51 »
UPDATE

I was thinking maybe they ramped up production with the cherry dev kits coming out, but then I remembered those kits are plate mount.  Sure hope they don't F up and give us plate mount

I reallyhope that we don't end up with plate mount.  I would drive myself crazy trying to get that fixed. Could you imagine the hassle in returning 96,000 switches? Or opening every box to check that they are all ****ed up?
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 October 2017, 11:14:52 by VicareyG »

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
Re: [GB] Cherry MX Silent Black Switches - Shipping Update
« Reply #177 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 12:31:46 »
UPDATE

I reallyhope that we don't end up with plate mount.  I would drive myself crazy trying to get that fixed. Could you imagine the hassle in returning 96,000 switches? Or opening every box to check that they are all ****ed up?

what do you mean, "really hope"? havent you verified what we bought from the distributor?

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #178 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 12:55:26 »
There's plenty of time to verify and I'd appreciate if you would do so. I'm specifically after PCB-mounted switches.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #179 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 21:08:32 »
Now now, don't everyone panic.  It was just a lurking suspicion when I saw the early ship date.

Offline zacheadams

• Friendly Neighborhood Keyboard Enthusiast
« Reply #180 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 09:12:50 »
UPDATE

There's plenty of time to verify and I'd appreciate if you would do so. I'm specifically after PCB-mounted switches.

Yes, please do check with them over and over again.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #181 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 13:26:47 »
UPDATE

Awww yea! :) Great news.

Offline Felion

« Reply #182 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 12:25:06 »
Good things are happening!
FC660c|RF88UB|HHKB pro2 type-s|GH60 Satans|Model M|Novatouch Alu-Chassi, "type -s"|Whitefox|RSII|V60|Plum84|RC930-87|Ducky3|Minivan|Planck|GH60revC|Pok3r|MF68|Ducky Mini|and more|Likör47 - GeekHack KotM March 2017

Offline Prelim

« Reply #183 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 06:44:45 »
any news if you'll be receiving this week?
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #184 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 16:59:52 »
any news if you'll be receiving this week?
th
He will probably reply on the 23/24 if he receives the tracking information. Or tell us there has been a delay etcc. Don't think there is much to tell us at the moment.

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #185 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 13:42:01 »
It's celebration time!

I've just received word that the shipment was dispatched earlier today. Should be with me on track for Thursday (23rd November)!

The hype is real. So is the urge to fill a bath tub with the switches! :D

Offline dorf

• divine creator
« Reply #186 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 13:48:54 »

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #187 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 14:06:35 »
It's celebration time!

I've just received word that the shipment was dispatched earlier today. Should be with me on track for Thursday (23rd November)!

When will you ship the orders out to the buyers? Early December maybe?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #188 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 14:07:42 »

Hopefully I get them before Christmas?

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #189 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 14:10:05 »
Show Image

I will be shipping them out ASAP.  I don't want to go so far as saying definitely but with just under 5 weeks until Christmas I would say there's a good chance of everyone gettign these in time for Christmas. Shipping companies may have other ideas however.

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #190 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 14:13:52 »
It's celebration time!

Please do it! Quality ****post

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #191 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 14:14:22 »
Show Image

I will be shipping them out ASAP.  I don't want to go so far as saying definitely but with just under 5 weeks until Christmas I would say there's a good chance of everyone gettign these in time for Christmas. Shipping companies may have other ideas however.

Any region(s) first? UK is pretty much next day, so not too worried, but would be nice ;)

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #192 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 14:19:47 »
Show Image

Any region(s) first? UK is pretty much next day, so not too worried, but would be nice ;)

Too much effort to go by region.

I'll be sending out to NovelKeys first and the going in the order that the switches were paid for. seems to be the fairest way to me. For reference Order #00222 was the first Silent Black order. You should be able to use that as a rough gauge for when yours will be shipped. although there are normal orders in among all the GB ones so not 1:1. :D

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #193 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 14:22:22 »
Merged orders will go out by their first order number or their last?

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #194 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 14:26:46 »
Merged orders will go out by their first order number or their last?

All by first order number :D I've gone old school and I'm going off hard copies so merged orders are stapled together in the position of the first one. :) It is also worth saying that orders that paid for the VAT add on. are jumping the queue of those who didn't but still in the FIFO order. Hopefully that all makes sense. Basically I'm going off of what seems fair to me.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #195 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 14:27:56 »
That puts me in the top ten orders being kicked out of the door. Thanks sir.

Offline Chromatrope

• Tortures arrows, murders Lshift, doesn't press X
« Reply #196 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 14:33:15 »
Wow. The switches might arrive earlier than my case, plate and even the GMK set I now no longer really intend to use because I stockholmed myself into liking DSA. Absolutely astonishing.
I dance significantly better through bullet patterns than the alphanumerics. Known to cause heart failure in touch typists on sight.

Offline dorf

• divine creator
« Reply #197 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 14:38:31 »
229! I might just have them before even writing this post.

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #198 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 14:47:51 »
229! I might just have them before even writing this post.

If only! :D

Offline friglesnart

« Reply #199 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 17:24:22 »
only 330ish orders to ship before mine :)