Author Topic: U|<ra1ne 2o22  (Read 73975 times)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Re: U|<ra1ne 2o22
« Reply #200 on: Mon, 14 March 2022, 17:39:12 »
Why Pudz look so bloated ?

They fotoshopn' him ?

He's getting old?
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #201 on: Mon, 14 March 2022, 17:46:20 »

He's getting old?

SHUT UP !

He's almost 4 months younger than me.
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #202 on: Tue, 15 March 2022, 02:37:43 »

He's getting old?

SHUT UP !

He's almost 4 months younger than me.
Yeah man, age is horrible. I'm balder than he is, and 34 xD .

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #203 on: Thu, 17 March 2022, 08:55:31 »
Hoping that this proves true ....

Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #204 on: Thu, 17 March 2022, 13:38:17 »
Pudz , allegedly fires and shuffle ~1000 staff , fearing a55a5ina7ion.

So.... couple tings.

This could be the PART of the c00p that does him in. As in his opposition has snuck this decision on him, / inception.

Alternatively:

It could also be tightening of service members akin to the Nk0rea system of segregating population into loyalist categories. ,   disloyal, loyal, fiercely loyal, Koolaid = #1

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #205 on: Fri, 18 March 2022, 12:35:09 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #206 on: Fri, 18 March 2022, 16:36:44 »
Seriously, why is he so puffy,   look at his neck

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #207 on: Fri, 18 March 2022, 16:40:02 »
Steroids do that. They can work miracles for curing certain problems, but it comes with a price.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #208 on: Fri, 18 March 2022, 16:41:38 »
I read on the front page of a newspaper it's because he's on steroids while dying of bowel cancer.  Unsure if putting it in actual print makes it more or less true than whatever you can read online...
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 March 2022, 05:38:32 by suicidal_orange »
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline iri

« Reply #209 on: Sat, 19 March 2022, 05:20:32 »
Q: Hey, Internet, what do you think about nazis?
A: We must buy their swag.

283890-0
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #210 on: Sat, 19 March 2022, 20:15:19 »
The light flickered today.

Tp4 though, oh hell, here we go, here come the nvks...

Only 20 days ago, Tp4 would've cursed PSE&G for their outrageous prices and crap voltage stability.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #212 on: Mon, 21 March 2022, 18:42:38 »
https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/20/europe/russia-ukraine-junkyard-weapons-intl-hnk/index.html
With the amount of captured, re-captured, and identical models that both sides use I can imagine friendly fire can be quite a problem. The Russians are apparently already known for this to begin with.

Offline iri

« Reply #213 on: Tue, 22 March 2022, 06:41:11 »
Fratricide is widely cited to account for between 2% to 20% of Blue (friendly
force) casualties. While the raw numbers of mistargeting casualties have gone down
dramatically, the rate, depending on what is used for the denominator (total deaths,
friendly deaths, etc.) has gone up considerably since World War II. This is due to the
relative increase in “efficiency” since World War II with which U.S. forces have been
able to kill the enemy without killing neutrals or suffering large U.S. losses. Figures
from World War II, Korea, and Vietnam, for example, indicate that the rate of fratricide
was relatively low compared to Operations Desert Storm, Enduring Freedom, and Iraqi
Freedom, even though the numbers actual fratricide casualties were much higher. The
more recent rates of fratricide are higher mostly because the total number of casualties is
relatively low. In summary, mistargeting incidents are largely subsumed in major combat
operations

While acknowledging that the "statistical dimensions of the friendly fire problem have yet to be defined; reliable data are simply not available in most cases," The Oxford Companion to American Military History estimates that between 2 percent and 2.5 percent of the casualties in America's wars are attributable to friendly fire.[8]
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #215 on: Tue, 22 March 2022, 12:23:10 »
For certain some are planning it.

But it's not clear if that is a positive scenario internally (for their core leadership).   Because they have to recognize that " Losing Face " in the digital world which never forgets is possibly Worse than losing money.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #216 on: Tue, 22 March 2022, 12:27:54 »

recognize that " Losing Face " in the digital world

Could that overshadow Russia's "Losing Face" in the real world - under Putin's absolute (and now seemingly unhinged) leadership?

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #217 on: Tue, 22 March 2022, 12:39:18 »
https://nypost.com/2022/03/20/russian-elites-planning-to-overthrow-putin/?utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter
I've read that a bunch of times but it seems impossible for them to secretly plot this with simultaneously everyone knowing somehow. And it seems impossible for everyone to know and yet them not ending up in a gulag or gargling polonium.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #218 on: Tue, 22 March 2022, 12:43:22 »

recognize that " Losing Face " in the digital world

Could that overshadow R| "Losing Face" in the real world - under Pvt1n's absolute (and now seemingly unhinged) leadership?

ONLY, if they lose.  if they WIN.  Just as how USA murdered 1 million 1raqis civilians, couple million /\fghan1stan, etc, they can write their own history and face 0 consequences.

This is not an ethics debate, this is a REAL LIFE.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #219 on: Tue, 22 March 2022, 13:04:47 »

secretly plot this with simultaneously everyone knowing

"Everyone knowing" might the most effective way to soften the blow and dramatically ease the turmoil that is bound to occur afterwards.

I wish that I (we) could really understand how many ordinary Russians actually like and respect Putin and his leadership.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #220 on: Tue, 22 March 2022, 13:22:27 »

secretly plot this with simultaneously everyone knowing

"Everyone knowing" might the most effective way to soften the blow and dramatically ease the turmoil that is bound to occur afterwards.

I wish that I (we) could really understand how many ordinary Russians actually like and respect Putin and his leadership.

It's the vast majority.

Even an obvious bigotted idiot like Drumph pulls ~50% of voters. 

Pudz is similar in every way except he's not a moron.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #221 on: Tue, 22 March 2022, 13:54:31 »

Drumph pulls ~50% of voters.

similar in every way except he's not a moron.

Drumpf received approximately 46% of votes in both elections, and I challenge the idea that in a 2-party system there aren't a lot of people who vote based on party alone.

Plus, he never achieved a 50% approval rating nationwide at any point, before, during, or after election. Only the Electoral College put him in office.

Putin did achieve an accomplishment when he pulled the country out of the Yeltsin morass, but that was a long time ago.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #222 on: Tue, 22 March 2022, 16:24:15 »
In Russia there are strong divisions between older and younger generations, as well. That's not an uncommon thing in countries of course, but more than most other countries, Russia/the USSR had a pretty tumultuous political history. Those who are used to (and learned to live in) the old Soviet system and Cold War have a very different idea of what whatever a leaders says, means, than kids and young adults who have been slowly watching their country slide deeper back into totalitarianism again. 

Offline iri

« Reply #223 on: Tue, 22 March 2022, 16:30:42 »
https://nypost.com/2022/03/20/russian-elites-planning-to-overthrow-putin/?utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter

“Poisoning, sudden illness, accident — Russia’s elite is considering removing Putin,” declared a Sunday Facebook post from the Chief Directorate of Intelligence for the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine.

LOL

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #224 on: Wed, 23 March 2022, 09:03:13 »
What's pretty silly is the Insulin hoarding being reported in R|.

The vast majority of Diabetus is type 2, and is actually a lifestyle disease brought on by over_consumption of fats which leads to its buildup in muscle cells (Intramyocellular lipids), leading to insulin resistance.

So,  In the event that the locale "Goes Hungry/ Lean"  ALL diabetus would naturally disappear from the population. There then, making all the hoarded insulin WORTHLESS.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #225 on: Wed, 23 March 2022, 19:07:31 »
R| destroys (hernoby1 rad1a7ion monitoring lab.

Why....  why do this.... sigh...........

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #226 on: Wed, 23 March 2022, 20:04:27 »
Going out in a blaze of glory?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #227 on: Thu, 24 March 2022, 00:28:42 »
A little confused as to why the news cycle is making a big deal out of the "\/\/ar losses/ death counts"

We literally just lost 1-3 Million Americans to covid, courtesy of the Republican party.  No one bat an eye.

Think Pudz cares about 10,000 soldiers?

Death is bad, but we're still in the small potatoes range.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #228 on: Thu, 24 March 2022, 08:05:29 »

Body bags aren't good for recruitment.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #229 on: Thu, 24 March 2022, 08:59:22 »

Body bags aren't good for recruitment.
Who needs recruitment though? The Russian Army is already 80% conscripts.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #230 on: Thu, 24 March 2022, 11:01:52 »
A little confused as to why the news cycle is making a big deal out of the "\/\/ar losses/ death counts"

We literally just lost 1-3 Million Americans to covid, courtesy of the Republican party.  No one bat an eye.

Death is bad, but we're still in the small potatoes range.
The U.S. switched to a body count as a means of judging a war back in Vietnam, it was a stupid metric but it hid the fact that we were losing, our media still makes a big deal about it because old lessons die hard. It's also the media, on a slow news day they will act like losing two soldiers means we're losing a war.

It can be an important metric when put in perspective, it wasn't in Vietnam, the kill/death ratio which was inflated kept a positive spin on the war, anyone saying otherwise was labeled a commie/pinko/dirty hippie (Nixon coined that last one just for this purpose). 1-3mil people is 1% of the population and it was over the course of 2+ years, meaning it would take more than a millennia to kill us off at that rate, 15k soldiers (current NATO estimate of Russian dead) is 10% of the Russian military in one month, that is not small potato range, by any means, and that is just dead, not missing or injured which is usually 3 to 5x that (Belarus hospitals are supposedly over flowing with wounded, keeping it hidden from Russian public).

While Putin/Russia doesn't care about his soldiers (does the U.S. really care either?), he does care when he loses so many in such a short time because it not only shows they're not the super power everyone thought and that he's not the tactical genius people thought but it leaves them incredibly vulnerable. Worse, it's not just the number of dead making them vulnerable, if an "inferior" force like Ukraine can take down 10% of their forces in just a month what the heck would an equal or better force do to them? It's not like they can claim it was superior weapons, some of the best weapons at Ukraine's disposal have been cell phone tracking soldiers phones on Google Maps (they showed up as traffic jams) and Grindr (seriously!) and ordinary farm tractors to steal tanks. Even if they lose, Ukraine has made them (and Putin) look completely incompetent. So yeah, he cares, just not about the troops.

To give an idea how serious those numbers really are though and what they mean,
Russia had to move troops from the east coast/south east to the Ukraine front, leaving that area exposed. While there's little risk of NATO invasion (we all knew that) how much does Putin trust China? Yes, they have a treaty, but there's never been a time where China was this capable and Russia was this weak and with the world turned against it. If China invaded now, claiming it was to help Ukraine, would the world object or would they cheer them on?

And yes, China could absolutely win that war no matter the weapons used.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #231 on: Thu, 24 March 2022, 12:05:24 »

China could absolutely win that war no matter the weapons used.

I am afraid that China could absolutely win that ANY war no matter the weapons used.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #232 on: Thu, 24 March 2022, 12:53:06 »

China could absolutely win that war no matter the weapons used.

I am afraid that China could absolutely win that ANY war no matter the weapons used.

Tp4 is not 100% sure of that.   Their tech is just so_so, and it's unclear if their military is better trained.  Their system of red_aristocracy is just as prone to capital flight, embezzelment.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #233 on: Thu, 24 March 2022, 12:56:27 »

Not nearly as awful as the loss of life, but still another sad thing happening there.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #234 on: Thu, 24 March 2022, 12:58:22 »
Not nearly as awful as the loss of life, but still another sad thing happening there.

Offline iri

« Reply #235 on: Thu, 24 March 2022, 13:22:31 »
The U.S. switched to a body count as a means of judging a war back in Vietnam, it was a stupid metric but it hid the fact that we were losing, our media still makes a big deal about it because old lessons die hard. It's also the media, on a slow news day they will act like losing two soldiers means we're losing a war.

It can be an important metric when put in perspective, it wasn't in Vietnam, the kill/death ratio which was inflated kept a positive spin on the war, anyone saying otherwise was labeled a commie/pinko/dirty hippie (Nixon coined that last one just for this purpose). 1-3mil people is 1% of the population and it was over the course of 2+ years, meaning it would take more than a millennia to kill us off at that rate, 15k soldiers (current NATO estimate of Russian dead) is 10% of the Russian military in one month, that is not small potato range, by any means, and that is just dead, not missing or injured which is usually 3 to 5x that (Belarus hospitals are supposedly over flowing with wounded, keeping it hidden from Russian public).

While Putin/Russia doesn't care about his soldiers (does the U.S. really care either?), he does care when he loses so many in such a short time because it not only shows they're not the super power everyone thought and that he's not the tactical genius people thought but it leaves them incredibly vulnerable. Worse, it's not just the number of dead making them vulnerable, if an "inferior" force like Ukraine can take down 10% of their forces in just a month what the heck would an equal or better force do to them? It's not like they can claim it was superior weapons, some of the best weapons at Ukraine's disposal have been cell phone tracking soldiers phones on Google Maps (they showed up as traffic jams) and Grindr (seriously!) and ordinary farm tractors to steal tanks. Even if they lose, Ukraine has made them (and Putin) look completely incompetent. So yeah, he cares, just not about the troops.

To give an idea how serious those numbers really are though and what they mean,
Russia had to move troops from the east coast/south east to the Ukraine front, leaving that area exposed. While there's little risk of NATO invasion (we all knew that) how much does Putin trust China? Yes, they have a treaty, but there's never been a time where China was this capable and Russia was this weak and with the world turned against it. If China invaded now, claiming it was to help Ukraine, would the world object or would they cheer them on?

And yes, China could absolutely win that war no matter the weapons used.
15k is about 1.48% of Russian military.

I haven't heard anyone but you calling Russia a superpower.

There is an old Soviet joke that the advancing Chinese will cross the border into Russia in small groups of 8-9 million people.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #236 on: Thu, 24 March 2022, 17:09:49 »
In Asia, absolutely, as you fan out it becomes more and more difficult, like Russia they lack the logistics to move and supply that many people on the move.

As soon as it requires them to ferry anything across the ocean, it falls apart in a big hurry.

15k is about 1.48% of Russian military.

I haven't heard anyone but you calling Russia a superpower.
I'm not sure where I got that number (I had just woke up, front line fighters maybe?), but yeah, you're right.

Big picture though, including injured, it's still a larger chunk of their force than people realize because those are deployable front line fighting forces, for every front line fighter you tend to have 3-10 people supporting them depending on the branch. It takes a LOT to keep an military mobile and fighting. You also have deployed forces in Syria and you need some off-rotation for R&R and training as well as homeland defense. Taking out even a few percent of your deployable force is quite significant.

The US is pretty much the only super power left but Russia and China are the next closest thing, Russia also holds a lot of sway in the U.N. (usually) and general world politics.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #237 on: Fri, 25 March 2022, 02:34:11 »
Russia also holds a lot of sway in the U.N. (usually) and general world politics.
It would appear that the rest of the world is intent on cutting that off completely. They're cutting Russian dependecies left and right, leaving no bridge unburned.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #238 on: Fri, 25 March 2022, 19:24:00 »
You guys seen this ? Thoughts ?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #239 on: Fri, 25 March 2022, 19:39:44 »
Thoughts ?[/size][/color]
Anyone with half a brain is aware that if war goes nuclear it's the end so Kim is crazy spending billions reinventing an unusable wheel, but we already knew that.

On a more practical note A - why are they testing it at an international airport and B - why is the road surface at said airport so bad?
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #240 on: Fri, 25 March 2022, 21:05:58 »
There's alot of _news media_ going on about war reparations.

Reparation is how you ENSURE W\/\/3.    Yea pudz did bad, hang'um, pokey pokey in the butt, no problem.

but we should NOT force R|people(nation) to pay reparations, ontop of sanctions, etc.   That opens the door for ANOTHER Hi71er to easily rise the ranks.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #241 on: Sat, 26 March 2022, 08:42:49 »
If pudz, can't be a55a55inated.

The second best option may be to give him the off ramp, donbass/crimea

Dragging this out would just lead to more casualties.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #242 on: Sat, 26 March 2022, 09:12:07 »
Pimps/Traffickers stalking Polish rail_stations to prey on vulnerable women/children refugees.

/Gasppppp

Remember that episode in Battlestar, where "Shevon" (a pros7i7ute) says to Lee Adama: "when your baby’s crying because it’s hungry, you’ll do anything to make it stop."

This speaks to the greatness of mothers and the cruelty in the distortion of human nature.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #243 on: Sat, 26 March 2022, 10:23:09 »
Pimps/Traffickers stalking Polish rail_stations to prey on vulnerable women/children refugees.
Given how obvious this will be why not post armed police with instructions to shoot them dead?  Sounds like a rare easy opportunity to clean up the town/city if they're all focused around stations plus it would free up some housing for refugees.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #244 on: Sat, 26 March 2022, 10:30:37 »
Given how obvious this will be why not post armed police with instructions to shoot them dead?  Sounds like a rare easy opportunity to clean up the town/city if they're all focused around stations plus it would free up some housing for refugees.

cops are usually in on the take.  They protect ANY interest that pays, not the people.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #245 on: Sat, 26 March 2022, 12:35:19 »

cops are usually in on the take.  They protect ANY interest that pays, not the people.

That's a very cynical view of the policing of a country you surely have little knowledge of, not that I have any either.  I know there's lots of money involved but I doubt there's enough to bribe the entire police force so all it should take for this to not be a problem is irregular rotation of duties on a daily basis with no notice so no officer gets comfortable in their patch and no criminal knows who to bribe or when it's safe to do dodgy dealings.  Assuming you can trust the guy doing the assigning not to put bent officers in the same area every Thursday, that is.  So add that role to the list and don't allow anyone to do it again until all but 5 people have done it for a day, and never allow anyone to assign that job to someone who they previously did or anyone who gave them it, checking three steps back and forward and not allowing anyone to assign anyone to the same area they did last time.  I think I just invented an admin nightmare but it should work?  Now just to overcome the one thing I do know about the country - it's very Christian.  That might mean some officers aren't keen on shooting suspects in the first place...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #246 on: Sat, 26 March 2022, 12:42:55 »
That's a very cynical view of the policing of a country you surely have little knowledge of, not that I have any either.  I know there's lots of money involved but I doubt there's enough to bribe the entire police force so all it should take for this to not be a problem is irregular rotation

No there isn't enough money to bribe the whole police force, you just need a few at the top and 1 or 2 foot soldier /janitorial staff for information.

This is not a matter of ideals, moral discussion, this is real life.  Market systems naturally drive these behaviors.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #247 on: Sat, 26 March 2022, 12:51:36 »
This is not a matter of ideals, moral discussion, this is real life.  Market systems naturally drive these behaviors.
Real life sucks, if I can't imagine a world where things could work I quickly get suicidal/genocidal with the target "group" being humans so I'm out of this and any serious discussion for a while.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #248 on: Sat, 26 March 2022, 21:04:55 »
Ya'll think Soysauce really had dat hear7_attack ?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #249 on: Mon, 28 March 2022, 00:54:21 »
Likely just paranoia, but the past week I have noticed a huge influx of Russian-speaking people around the city. Way more than usual. Single men walking around speaking Russian into an earpiece or cell phone.

Red Dawn coming soon to a town near you?