Author Topic: "Bento Box" Lunches - how do i make my lunch fun?  (Read 1827 times)

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
"Bento Box" Lunches - how do i make my lunch fun?
« on: Mon, 16 May 2022, 20:10:19 »
Ok so for the past 2 days i've been starting to pack my own lunch for school and so i really want to make things fun via some bento lunch kit. How do i do it

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: "Bento Box" Lunches - how do i make my lunch fun?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 16 May 2022, 20:43:10 »
two words: Meat Clown

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 16 May 2022, 21:25:43 »
Hard to go wrong with fruit and cheese.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 17 May 2022, 04:21:54 »
Sausage roll, roll and fritters, deep fried Mars bar.
I live in Scotland...
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 17 May 2022, 07:05:53 »

deep fried Mars bar.

I had to Google this to find out what a "thing" it was.

What I want to know is whether the kitchen has a dedicated deep fryer for these, or whether they are are fried in the same oil with the potatoes, fish, chicken, onions, etc?
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline phinix

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 17 May 2022, 07:19:42 »

deep fried Mars bar.

I had to Google this to find out what a "thing" it was.

What I want to know is whether the kitchen has a dedicated deep fryer for these, or whether they are are fried in the same oil with the potatoes, fish, chicken, onions, etc?
They throw it to same fryer.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 17 May 2022, 07:43:23 »

They throw it to same fryer.

Sweet Jesus

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 17 May 2022, 07:54:23 »
Octopus-shaped sausages and panda-shaped onigiri are classics in Japanese school bentos. But you may be too old for such childishness. ;)

I'd suggest having two boxes, or a box with removable compartments, so that you can carry both food to heat in the microwave, and salads and such to eat cold.

edit: I think "deep-fried mars bar" is more of a joke/novelty item than a real thing that people eat. It's a joke about people from Glasgow being unhealthy.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 May 2022, 07:55:59 by Findecanor »

Offline phinix

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 17 May 2022, 08:03:38 »
Octopus-shaped sausages and panda-shaped onigiri are classics in Japanese school bentos. But you may be too old for such childishness. ;)

I'd suggest having two boxes, or a box with removable compartments, so that you can carry both food to heat in the microwave, and salads and such to eat cold.

edit: I think "deep-fried mars bar" is more of a joke/novelty item than a real thing that people eat. It's a joke about people from Glasgow being unhealthy.

Yeah, I didn't meet many people who actually tried it here. I never had it, hard to say if its tasty or not. Doesn't sound like it is :)

Healthy Glaswegians? Yeah, that is a joke :D

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 17 May 2022, 09:45:00 »
rate lunch

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 17 May 2022, 09:48:25 »
Two types of raw mushrooms? That's a small box. I would have more carbs.
Lacks greens: you need green vegetables every day.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 17 May 2022, 17:44:44 »
Raw mushrooms? Yuck.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 18 May 2022, 16:16:07 »
I live in Scotland...

I call your deep fried Mars bar, and raise you a deep fried Twinkie.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline phinix

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 19 May 2022, 03:23:57 »
I live in Scotland...

I call your deep fried Mars bar, and raise you a deep fried Twinkie.

Oh, I just googled Twinkies - niiiice, I love sponge cakes and love creams - this must be delish. :thumb:

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 19 May 2022, 10:41:45 »
Raw mushrooms? Yuck.

what? i like them