Author Topic: What did you get in the mail today?  (Read 20186349 times)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Re: What did you get in the mail today?
« Reply #52800 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 16:31:04 »
Look what I got today:)
Bought from one of keyboard enthusiasts on Deskthority from Czech.

This model was my first mechanical keyboard 8 years ago. Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid, mx blacks.
This one has mounted Forsty Flake controller, so I can program it! :D

(Attachment Link)

hall of fame keyboard right here
I love Elzy

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #52801 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 17:59:43 »
Look what I got today:)
Bought from one of keyboard enthusiasts on Deskthority from Czech.

This model was my first mechanical keyboard 8 years ago. Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid, mx blacks.
This one has mounted Forsty Flake controller, so I can program it! :D

(Attachment Link)

hall of fame keyboard right here

Hear hear! :D
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #52802 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 19:45:43 »

Pretty good mail day today. Finally got the Jace 2 and 2x Apollo Deskpads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
| TX-CP | Dolphin V3x 2 | Dolphin Padx 2 | Unicorn X Legend | Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE |

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #52803 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 21:17:32 »

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #52804 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 09:52:41 »
Not via mail, but delivered to me this afternoon....a CCA CA16 + KBEAR cable (love the soft feel), the KZ case was bundled with the IEM.

Been running the new IEM with my old and trusty HFM HM901s, and yes, the mug is new as well, collected it today.

While I was at it, took a pic of almost all my IEM, even have the first 'audiophile' IEM I'd gotten in the Shure SE215. You will notice that I have two pairs of Senfer 4in1, fell in love with it and decided I needed one more as backup. The thre ChiFi IEMs were bought within a month's timeframe I think....don't think I'd be getting any more after this.

« Last Edit: Sat, 15 August 2020, 22:31:20 by PadawanGeek »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #52805 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 21:23:43 »
all those chifi iems for a 1.5k DAP lol
I love Elzy

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #52806 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 22:38:33 »
all those chifi iems for a 1.5k DAP lol
Well, if you'd look at my collection of IEMs, you'd notice that I also have the following: CA Jupiter, Fitear Parterre, and a Senn IE800....and budget mainstream IEMs like the Shure SE215 and the JVC HA-FXZ100 (surprised that Amazon has this for >$300, I bought this for less than that, but it was a wayz back)) for good measure (love the creamy bass of its two dynamic drivers/side).

Edit - Besides, I don't equate price to performance, these ChiFi IEMs do perform admirably and punch way above their price range. Just about all are fitted with my fave eartips from Comply. I don't think I'd be buying any more IEMs, but even IF I do, they'd prolly be ChiFi IEMs as I find them to be of much better value vs branded ones like Shure/Fitear/Sennheiser/etc. Main reason why I'm using the HN901s is because I can't find my Fiio X2 which, when combined with my JDS Labs C5, was my go to portable stack. One of these days, I'm gonna make a concerted effort to find that $%#@ Fiio X2!
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 August 2020, 23:04:17 by PadawanGeek »

Offline phinix

« Reply #52807 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 11:44:16 »
Finally, after over 6 months of waiting, got those JTK keycaps boxes.
All 5 Max versions arrived today.
Good quality, will serve me well I hope:)
Tonight I'll start packing my stash :D

249823-0

249825-1
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #52808 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 21:26:04 »
got a relic in the mail yesterday

I love Elzy

Offline BrickParade

« Reply #52809 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 16:22:43 »
I must be seeing double!

250346-0

Last week I placed an order with Mouser for some components, mostly some Millmax 7305 sockets which I was hoping to play around with to make a hotswappable board.
The delivery was scheduled for last Friday but when I checked the tracker it said the package still hadn't been dropped off with UPS. After a quick email exchange with their customer service they said they'd send out a replacement package while they looked into the missing one. Fast forward to today, it would seem that someone found the lost package, it arrived along with its replacement...

So for about 3 extra days of waiting I got a couple hundred bonus 7305s and a couple dozen bonus DIP sockets :)
I'd take that deal again in a heartbeat

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #52810 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 16:41:03 »
250348-0
250350-1

Got this yesterday actually, a Wang MEC-101S (OEMed NTC KB-6252EA) with Hua-Jie AK-DN2 Green linear switches. Which are a rare switch according to DT! Can't say they're anything special feel wise as they're just linear ALPS clones, although they are very smooth. Which kinda makes me wonder why linear ALPS clones are a rarity? Considering the clones simplified the SKCM/SKCL design as much as possible to save on costs, you'd think linears would have been made the most since they require less parts.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #52811 on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 06:38:20 »

Show Image

can't go wrong with scarface blanks

Offline phinix

« Reply #52812 on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 12:55:55 »
I got few things today.

My new mouse, Razer Pro Click and my first ever deskmat - retro VHS :D

250390-0

250392-1

250394-2

250396-3

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #52813 on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 18:00:55 »
That's actually really cool except for the giant bold Limited Edition text. Really ruins the whole presentation imo

Offline phinix

« Reply #52814 on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 18:56:23 »
That's actually really cool except for the giant bold Limited Edition text. Really ruins the whole presentation imo

Well, I like it  :p

Offline Timbersawdust

• aka snorlax
« Reply #52815 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 09:16:29 »

TOOLS&TOYS

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #52816 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 09:30:02 »
Have ordered a Tissot PRS 200 Silver dial Quartz watch, along with a HiBy R3 Pro for some audio fun. Gonna have to wait for delivery which would prolly take a week or two. Also have a cheap cross body bag on the way as well, to carry my phones, DAP and whatnot when I'm out and about. Oh yeah, will be getting a BGVP Zero Est IEM, and considering a Ti HiFi P1 as well...gonna play around with the BGVP Zero first though.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #52817 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 10:47:41 »

Show Image

Scarface! Never realised how smooth the underside is on those, it's a beauty.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #52818 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 16:20:57 »
Have ordered a Tissot PRS 200 Silver dial Quartz watch, along with a HiBy R3 Pro for some audio fun. Gonna have to wait for delivery which would prolly take a week or two. Also have a cheap cross body bag on the way as well, to carry my phones, DAP and whatnot when I'm out and about. Oh yeah, will be getting a BGVP Zero Est IEM, and considering a Ti HiFi P1 as well...gonna play around with the BGVP Zero first though.

jealous of so many new toys

Show Image

Scarface! Never realised how smooth the underside is on those, it's a beauty.

yeaaaah it's so nice, crazy this is a 10+ years old "artisan"
I love Elzy

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #52819 on: Fri, 28 August 2020, 10:34:17 »

Well,  your one MD Empire Ears Zeus could have paid for all the ChiFi IEMs plus the Tissot watch, right? Anyway, gotta be patient and play the waiting game for the R3 Pro and Tissot watch to be restocked. Watches is another one of my hobbies....thought of getting a Tudor 1926, but passed on it as I think I'd rather put my money on some audio gear and the still great looking Tissot watch.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #52820 on: Fri, 28 August 2020, 11:12:09 »
A true artisan indeed, https://cafe.naver.com/sfkey/ (check the SF 프로젝트 section under SF keyboard works, can't do direct links on these Naver sites).
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #52821 on: Fri, 28 August 2020, 15:02:18 »

Well,  your one MD Empire Ears Zeus could have paid for all the ChiFi IEMs plus the Tissot watch, right? Anyway, gotta be patient and play the waiting game for the R3 Pro and Tissot watch to be restocked. Watches is another one of my hobbies....thought of getting a Tudor 1926, but passed on it as I think I'd rather put my money on some audio gear and the still great looking Tissot watch.

haven't worn a watch in forever since going outside is a nono. I need to service my vint gs and get a new strap for it (weird taper size) but honestly don't wanna put the money into it right now. I got a killer deal on that zeus though but it's on its way to get reshelled to custom cuz I couldn't wear em well.

A true artisan indeed, https://cafe.naver.com/sfkey/ (check the SF 프로젝트 section under SF keyboard works, can't do direct links on these Naver sites).

ah I had lost the link to it a while back thanks for this. I love having a piece of kr keyboard history and it's really satisfying to use too.
I love Elzy

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #52822 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 10:58:54 »
Decided to get the Tin HiFi P1 as well, have already collected the BGVP Zero (surprised that stock cable was a 4.4mm balanced cable, fortunately, I have a spare ALO MMCX cable that I can use), will collect the P1 tomorrow. My watch will be arriving soon, so I'd probably wait to have all of 'em before I'd post a couple of pics. Next few days' gonna be lotta fun! :thumb:

Edit: I have cancelled my order of the R3 Pro Saber and am instead, getting a used but mint condition Cayin N5iis....the price was too good to resist. Getting both the Cayin N5iis and Tin HiFi P1 later today, will be back with pics.
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 August 2020, 20:04:07 by PadawanGeek »

Offline jamster

« Reply #52823 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 13:53:37 »
Ruckus R310.

It's so nice that now I have to decide whether or not to get more and move up to the 5 series.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #52824 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 16:32:44 »
I don't understand why no one's made a full metal cap set again since the SF caps. It's been like what, a decade?

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #52825 on: Sun, 30 August 2020, 07:47:59 »
Got my stuff today, well, most of it anyway, first off, the Cayin N5iiS is in near immaculate condition, it looks so awesome encased in steel. Also got the BGVP Zero (with silver colored cable) and the Tin HiFi P1 (copper cable). The Cayin DAP simply looks damn good...2x 400GB mSD support, MQA (might go Tidal HiFi because of this)

Yes, I'd used Paint to obscure the last four digit of the serial number.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #52826 on: Tue, 01 September 2020, 15:17:03 »
eva wristrest from velocifire

has some slight scuffs in the top lacquer layer but whatever i'm not using it, just for display

LEDs too hard to capture, IRL they're the same color as the mods but in pics always shows up as white ;P
I love Elzy

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #52827 on: Tue, 01 September 2020, 16:59:25 »
eva wristrest from velocifire

has some slight scuffs in the top lacquer layer but whatever i'm not using it, just for display

Show Image

LEDs too hard to capture, IRL they're the same color as the mods but in pics always shows up as white ;P

board otm material here ^

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #52828 on: Tue, 01 September 2020, 17:11:25 »
I'd have to clean my desk and buy some lighting to win an eye candy contest :p appreciate it, this entire set up is purely for display/collecting lol
I love Elzy

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #52829 on: Sat, 05 September 2020, 11:01:30 »
The Tissot PRS 200 Silver dial hasn't arrived yet, though it's expected in sometime next week. While scouring the local sale sections in the local forums, I'd come across this Tissot, it's the Tissot PRC 200 Autoquartz, that's right, an automatic watch with quartz movement and accuracy. Honestly, I've not heard of such a watch, so I snagged it without a moment's hesitation. I like the idea of an automatic watch with quartz movement/accuracy, I sent it for polishing, together with another of my well worn watches, and they came back looking like new! This will be my go to watch from now on as it's not expensive, like the Orient Kamasu which I also have, and I'm simply in love with the idea that it's both an automatic and a quartz watch.
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 September 2020, 11:24:18 by PadawanGeek »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #52830 on: Sat, 05 September 2020, 12:33:42 »
The Tissot PRS 200 Silver dial hasn't arrived yet, though it's expected in sometime next week. While scouring the local sale sections in the local forums, I'd come across this Tissot, it's the Tissot PRC 200 Autoquartz, that's right, an automatic watch with quartz movement and accuracy. Honestly, I've not heard of such a watch, so I snagged it without a moment's hesitation. I like the idea of an automatic watch with quartz movement/accuracy, I sent it for polishing, together with another of my well worn watches, and they came back looking like new! This will be my go to watch from now on as it's not expensive, like the Orient Kamasu which I also have, and I'm simply in love with the idea that it's both an automatic and a quartz watch.
Show Image

Very interesting.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #52831 on: Sat, 05 September 2020, 13:56:42 »
yeah that's neat and practical
I love Elzy

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #52832 on: Sun, 06 September 2020, 12:14:26 »
Another item came earlier today, it was supposed to be delivered to my apartment, but I was kinda impatient, so I went and collected it myself....

Now, it's in my living room hooked up to my TV, XBox One X (it was updating when I took this pic) as well as my PC....

Offline ttom

• Formerly tvaro
« Reply #52833 on: Mon, 07 September 2020, 07:58:44 »
Never posted here but there's a first time for everything :^)

Some decade-old aluminum and plastic from Korea:

Hoarder Collector and designer

Classifieds

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #52834 on: Mon, 07 September 2020, 14:28:10 »
Never posted here but there's a first time for everything :^)

Some decade-old aluminum and plastic from Korea:

Show Image

nice finds, fellow relic seeker
I love Elzy

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #52835 on: Thu, 10 September 2020, 18:42:52 »
Some stuff I had ordered came yesterday, first off, a USB powered sterilizer which also acts as a wireless charger. I can use it to sterilize my handphones, IEM's, wallet, etc, as long as it fits within the box. I tried my phone, which has wireless charging capability, and after the first 10 mins of sterilization, it goes into charging mode, pretty neat!

Next, my Tissot PRS 200 Silver Dial arrived yesterday and I'm smitten with it, it looks awesome and my pic doesn't do it justice.

My watch winder box had also arrived yesterday, now I don't have to rotate my automatic watches like a madman to keep 'em running.

Since I love using my Fold, I'd decided to upgrade it to a Fold 2 which I'd already pre-ordered and paid for, I should be getting it on the 18th, Sept. I chose Mystic Black and will post pics when I get it.

Also bought a Huawei P30 Pro to use as a 2nd phone and for its great camera (it should be delivered soon), the P30 Lite I have right now has been relegated to being a spare phone. I use it more as a phone to trash, I load lotsa market apps like AliExpress, Qoo10, Laz Mall, etc....and other local apps like Uniqlo, Carousell and so forth.

My last purchase for the year would probably be an RTX 3080 or Big Navi, waiting for the latter to be released and will pick the faster card.
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 September 2020, 18:45:41 by PadawanGeek »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #52836 on: Thu, 10 September 2020, 19:28:52 »
nice smp ..
I love Elzy

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #52837 on: Fri, 11 September 2020, 22:49:46 »
nice smp ..
eh? Maybe I'm not hip enough, or just getting old, but what the heck is 'smp'? :confused:

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #52838 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 09:00:25 »
Today I received a GTX 1660 to replace my 6 year old 750 ti that can barely keep up with all the new particles on DotA cosmetics. Having triple the amount of vram is so noticeable with vulcan caching  :D
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline .:UNO:.

« Reply #52839 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 10:22:24 »
my FIRST. ;D

still saving up for switches and keycaps.

Offline phinix

« Reply #52840 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 14:31:52 »
Lube, brush and a stem holder in a form of mechanical pencil :)
Now, I'm just waiting for ordered Glorious Holy Pandas :)

251606-0
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 September 2020, 14:37:34 by phinix »

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #52841 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 18:30:44 »
Finally got around to taking photos of what I last received in the mail:

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline jamster

« Reply #52842 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 03:23:44 »
Mmmm, 3D antenna array...

« Last Edit: Mon, 14 September 2020, 04:39:16 by jamster »

Offline phinix

« Reply #52843 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 06:17:42 »
Another important item in lubing process came in today...

252077-0
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 September 2020, 09:55:39 by phinix »

Offline Beni986

« Reply #52844 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 11:38:04 »
Just got this Mythcaps Ditto today
Noxary T60 | LZ CLSm

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #52845 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 15:02:16 »
Kinda ticked off at USPS right now as I think they might have lost my Krytox 105 (x2) and TX Stem holder I ordered last week.  Was due to arrive on Monday but here it is Thursday and all it's saying is that it will arrive late (it's said this since Tuesday).  I emailed and they are trying to track it down since it did arrive at the main hub here in Atlanta but guess couldn't make the 30min (w/out traffic) journey north to my house.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #52846 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 01:34:12 »
Pretty excited, getting my phone delivered to me instead, since the service's free.....will post pic when I get it.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #52847 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 07:33:15 »
nice smp ..
eh? Maybe I'm not hip enough, or just getting old, but what the heck is 'smp'? :confused:

Idk maybe s#mp?

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #52848 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 11:36:40 »

Idk maybe s#mp?
Again, 'WHOOSH!' right over my head that one went! :-[

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #52849 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 12:33:50 »

Idk maybe s#mp?
Again, 'WHOOSH!' right over my head that one went! :-[

smp = seamaster professional (i believe)

s#mp = simp, i don't really know why sintpinty 'censored' that