Author Topic: Where to buy cherry brown switches?  (Read 2131 times)

Offline firegun9

Where to buy cherry brown switches?
« on: Wed, 02 July 2008, 14:47:15 »
My one-month old cherry g80-1800 (black switch) is sitting in a box at home because the keys are too heavy for my fingers.
However, I like it's layout and it's PBT key hats.
I am thinking changing the switches to blue ones or brown ones by myself. (to be safe, I prefer brown ones because they require less force than blue ones.)

I tried some online stores, most of them sell blue switches, and very few of them sell brown ones, but in a 250 pieces package. Does anybody know where can I get brown switches individually? I think I need 104.

Offline xyzzy

Where to buy cherry brown switches?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 02 July 2008, 15:47:51 »
Quote from: firegun9;6232
My one-month old cherry g80-1800 (black switch) is sitting in a box at home because the keys are too heavy for my fingers.
However, I like it's layout and it's PBT key hats.
I am thinking changing the switches to blue ones or brown ones by myself. (to be safe, I prefer brown ones because they require less force than blue ones.)

I tried some online stores, most of them sell blue switches, and very few of them sell brown ones, but in a 250 pieces package. Does anybody know where can I get brown switches individually? I think I need 104.

Should you finally opt for the blues (which, AFAIK, require less force than browns anyway), I'd be interested to share the cost with you and get half of the 250 pieces package (105 for the keyboard, plus a few spares in case something goes wrong ;) ).

IBM Model F62 (Ellipse's) • PFU HHKB Pro Type S Hybrid • PFU HHKB Pro • Leopold FC660C • IBM Model M SSK 1391472 • IBM Model M SSK UNI04C6 • IBM Model M 1391405 (x4) • Cherry MX 1800 Compact (blue Cherry) • Cherry MX 11900 Touchboard (brown Cherry) • Dell AT102W (black Alps) • Apple Extended Keyboard II (cream Alps) • Acer 6312-TA (black Acer) • Unikey KWD-601 (white Cherry)