Author Topic: Howdy from Alaska  (Read 859 times)

Offline Viqor

Howdy from Alaska
« on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 14:38:23 »
Hey all,

I've been using mechanical keyboards for a long time now, but always pre-made.  My first mechanical was (I think, I no longer have it) a Focus FK-2001 with what I think were White Alps switches.  After that keyboard died (I have no idea how old it was when I got it, it was a freebie from work), I ended up getting a Das Keyboard Ultimate Model S with Cherry MX Blues.  The blank keycaps annoyed the heck out of my friends, but I used it happily for probably around 10 years until recently when it was unceremoniously killed off by an especially nasty electrostatic shock.  I have replaced it with a Leopold FC980m (Cherry MX Blue) and have absolutely fallen in love with the 1800 layout.  Since I work from home now and need a 10 Key, but wanted more space for my mouse when gaming and for general ergonomics.  At any rate I'm hoping to build a custom 1800 soon-ish and this seems like the place to be for customs.  If you made it to the end of this post, thanks a lot for reading my life story  ;D.  Cheers! 
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 January 2021, 14:41:19 by Viqor »