Author Topic: [IC] DCX Bim | Major Update  (Read 32257 times)

Offline aicyborg

Re: [IC] GMK CYL Bim | Vendors Announcement!
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 31 August 2023, 19:33:02 »
lmao

Offline TyPo.mk

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 01 September 2023, 05:20:02 »
So you're still keeping 3+ kits that are going to be overpriced and fail to meet MOQ. You can lead a horse to water...

you sound jealous that he landed a vendor that won't scam people

Iconic response ;D M&C ended up being a real mess

Regarding Candykeys, given the stories I've heard, I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole.

Actually if you want send a DM as it seems to be your are basing your opinion on what you are hearing but not experience, of course I can find 10 negative experiences over the past 8 years... I will send you a coupon to get you a free order so you can maybe experience what we do first hand.

If I say bad things about you can I have free GMK CYL Bim

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 01 September 2023, 20:57:37 »
I dont know where all this is coming from, but we are not that bad... Of course we will make mistakes but some people have got to get off the 2018 opinions and see the change and improvements. Daily we are shipping hundreds of packages, always 1-3 will have some issue or a mistake, the posts that are around are mishandling of really old GBs that were miscommunicated on our part and misled the customer so too... You say we are bad at fulfilling orders, I just sadly am struggling to see this on the numbers we have to be honest, there is a error rate I can not really calculate 100% correctly but if its not holidays or we are short on staff we are shipping large quantities, IF couriers make mistakes or there are other issues after hand off then thats what it is, but you are making it sound like we are not delivering 50% of anything.

What change and improvements, people still complain constantly about you, it's not just 2018 I've seen shocking customer service and orders not being shipped this year. People have to send you constant emails and wait months for instock orders to ship and complain on reddit in order to get actual progress on orders that should've shipped with no issues. It is not you messing up orders that is the issue with your business, everybody messes up that's fine. It is the constant incompantance and lack of action after following up on something someone sent, and you suddenly send out stuff when they complain to a public forum where people can actually see.

If you can run a business properly then you should shut down, it's as simple as that.

Comment below asking me to show examples which I will thanks for telling me, should have probably done that but wrote this up really quickly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/12cpqlh/candykeys_isnt_shipping_my_order_and_i_dont_know/ (the comments also have bad experiences)

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/vmpx4i/review_my_terrible_experience_with_candykeyscom/

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/11q3q3m/candykeys_messing_me_around_for_most_of_a_year/

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/11jx8uj/my_nightmare_experience_with_candykeys/

There are many other posts but these are the ones I've seen personally.

« Last Edit: Fri, 01 September 2023, 21:24:02 by Rhienfo »
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 01 September 2023, 21:15:48 »
What change and improvements, people still complain constantly about you, it's not just 2018 I've seen shocking customer service and orders not being shipped this year. People have to send you constant emails and wait months for instock orders to ship and complain on reddit in order to get actual progress on orders that should've shipped with no issues. It is not you messing up orders that is the issue with your business, everybody messes up that's fine. It is the constant incompantance and lack of action after following up on something someone sent, and you suddenly send out stuff when they complain to a public forum where people can actually see.

If you can run a business properly then you should shut down, it's as simple as that.

I think you should cite specific incidents with proof rather than vaguely saying "people still constantly complain about you" and "I've seen shocking service," etc, etc. I could sit here and baselessly whinge and fabricate complaints about your favourite vendor just as easily. It doesn't mean what I write has any merit - just like what you're saying doesn't. Please drop it with the vauge accusations 'cos it's not important to the set that we're actually supposed to be here to give feedback on.

Anyway, make Bim with Keykobo. Truly think that's the way to get some of these more niche kits over the MOQ line!

Edited because this was full of typos before sorry xox
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 September 2023, 22:19:57 by aicyborg »

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 01 September 2023, 21:27:25 »
I think you should cite specific incidents with roof rather than vaguely saying "people still constantly complain about you" and "I've seen shocking service," etc, etc. I could sit here and baselessly whinge and fabricate complaints about your favourite vendor just as easily. It doesn't mean what I write has any merit - just like what you're saying doesn't. Please drop it with the vauger accusations 'cos it's not important to the set that we're actually supposed to be here to give feedback on.

Anyway, make Bim with Keykobo. Truly think that's the way to get some of these more niche kinks over the MOQ line!

Yeah you're 100% right I updated my original post with examples because it is best to show it and I was wrong for not doing I'm sorry that's my bad.

Also to bring this back to the keyset, I'd also reccomend going for keykobo as there price is usually cheaper (especially for alternative kits like this one does have) and the qc has been proven to be quite good, though I understand at this point if it doesn't change because of vendors being sorted, most likely meaning an agreement has been reached.

Also I want to preface that I personally don't think candykeys is as malicious with gbs as someone like mech&co I just think they are horribly incompetent at business and at shipping orders.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 September 2023, 21:30:10 by Rhienfo »
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline fuster

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 03 September 2023, 00:24:21 »
No icon mods?

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 03 September 2023, 02:06:32 »
No icon mods?

I don't think pure icon mods would fit with set, text+icon fits far better.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline balance

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 07 September 2023, 10:14:26 »
I think you should cite specific incidents with roof rather than vaguely saying "people still constantly complain about you" and "I've seen shocking service," etc, etc. I could sit here and baselessly whinge and fabricate complaints about your favourite vendor just as easily. It doesn't mean what I write has any merit - just like what you're saying doesn't. Please drop it with the vauger accusations 'cos it's not important to the set that we're actually supposed to be here to give feedback on.

Anyway, make Bim with Keykobo. Truly think that's the way to get some of these more niche kinks over the MOQ line!

Yeah you're 100% right I updated my original post with examples because it is best to show it and I was wrong for not doing I'm sorry that's my bad.

Also to bring this back to the keyset, I'd also reccomend going for keykobo as there price is usually cheaper (especially for alternative kits like this one does have) and the qc has been proven to be quite good, though I understand at this point if it doesn't change because of vendors being sorted, most likely meaning an agreement has been reached.

Also I want to preface that I personally don't think candykeys is as malicious with gbs as someone like mech&co I just think they are horribly incompetent at business and at shipping orders.
Hello, changes can still happen. This just needs to be discussed with the vendors :thumb:

Offline balance

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 28 September 2023, 12:27:33 »
No icon mods?
There won't be icon mods because they don't match the theme. They might be added in the future as an separate kit if there will be a high interest for them

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 08 October 2023, 17:05:09 »
I dont know where all this is coming from, but we are not that bad... Of course we will make mistakes but some people have got to get off the 2018 opinions and see the change and improvements. Daily we are shipping hundreds of packages, always 1-3 will have some issue or a mistake, the posts that are around are mishandling of really old GBs that were miscommunicated on our part and misled the customer so too... You say we are bad at fulfilling orders, I just sadly am struggling to see this on the numbers we have to be honest, there is a error rate I can not really calculate 100% correctly but if its not holidays or we are short on staff we are shipping large quantities, IF couriers make mistakes or there are other issues after hand off then thats what it is, but you are making it sound like we are not delivering 50% of anything.

Comment below asking me to show examples which I will thanks for telling me, should have probably done that but wrote this up really quickly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/12cpqlh/candykeys_isnt_shipping_my_order_and_i_dont_know/ (the comments also have bad experiences)

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/vmpx4i/review_my_terrible_experience_with_candykeyscom/

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/11q3q3m/candykeys_messing_me_around_for_most_of_a_year/

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/11jx8uj/my_nightmare_experience_with_candykeys/

There are many other posts but these are the ones I've seen personally.

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to detour it from the keycaps, again.. (last time I swear)

I am not sure if we are just unlucky with these posts, or we just handle such volume that any mistake ends up being a public thing, because if I have made this mistake 20 times, which I have... I am not sure... Numbers-wise it does not add up, yes I have failed to follow up on these complicated cases, yes, every time its a complex GB case from the past, but it does not justify the continuous negative feedback on geek-hack and other locations. Our reputation online is not bad, on reddit we search comments daily to make sure we see when what is being mentioned and there is a lot of positive too, negative will alway be a explosive post and kick but a positive post will be dug-under. We have got GBs shipping out daily and, so many, have 0 negative feedback... What makes me more angry I sit down and reach out to the commenters of the reddit post and half of them were not first hand experience, stated by the individuals making these nasty comments...

We have a failure rate of around 2 packages per 100, either they bounce due to courier, our own screw up, screwed packaging, bad service, etc. etc... On a volume of thousands per week, noise will be made on a negative experience. You say, we should shut down if we can not run a business, last time I checked EU vendors 2-3 are on the brink of bankruptcy and do not even communicate with customers, yet even respond to simple tickets. (talking from own experience ordering AT said vendors) I (personally) just have to stop communicating false promises and then a reddit post will probably never be seen again, and there will still be probably some, just like with other vendors... I mean heck we are no longer running GB's since a year, all we do no now is guarantee and pre-buy the GMK sets that are so called GBs at other vendors and we make it happen (Bim will be too bought up by us) as that is the business we can run.

Anyways, BIM will go on! I am monitoring here for further developments.
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline Thumb Key

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 09 October 2023, 23:37:40 »
So many accent colours detrimental to cost control, Maybe reduce the colours to three, Compose mod of three random colours.
GLWIC,This might maximise the cost savings. :thumb:

Offline balance

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 26 October 2023, 15:02:24 »
So many accent colours detrimental to cost control, Maybe reduce the colours to three, Compose mod of three random colours.
GLWIC,This might maximise the cost savings. :thumb:
Thanks for your suggestions. I am making some major changes regarding kitting and manufacture at the moment, so stay tuned :thumb:

Offline balance

Re: [IC] DCX Bim | Major Update
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 25 December 2023, 17:06:32 »
Software Update 1.2 - "Algorithm Ascend"
Changed the manufacture to DCX due to recent high prices from GMK and lack of quality. This is the most convenient variant for customers and vendors due to the price they offer, high production speed and great quality

Base Kit
-The base kit has new keys and provides compatibility for more layouts than the previous one
- The legend colors are the same just differently arranged due to DCX requirements
- This kit is estimated to be priced around 80$ for pre-order and 99$ for in-stock.

Novelties Kit
-Added accent arrows in it and removed the yellow accent keys  to make it as accessible as possible for customers

Extensions Kit
- Removed some accents and still offers a lot of variants for the customers

Spacebar Kit
-Added a 1u key due to DCX requirements.
Note: The renders on the boards don't have the current legend color arrangement as I am going to replace them with photos when the sample base kit will be ready.
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 December 2023, 17:23:42 by balance »

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 25 December 2023, 17:41:02 »
I am glad it is no longer GMK, their new molds are trash, DCX is ok for their price especially at BOGO

Offline Robert.Lussier5

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 27 December 2023, 22:45:55 »
Oof with change to dcx. Instantly out in this now. Personally don’t like the feel and sound of dcx.
Austin R3 - Green // Austin R3 - Purple // Custom Acrylic Austin - Clear // Rekt1800 - Blue // Cypher r4 - Black // Boston - Sparkle Black // Balance - White // Glitch - Green // Shelby80 - Navy // Odin - Silver // Zoom65  Red // QK65 - Black // Link65 - Lilac

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 28 December 2023, 17:57:05 »
I am a little pissed off that the removal of Nordeuk is something you tried to quietly sneak past off unnoticed. Like, yeah, I get that Drop.com doesn't care about ISO users (especially given their nonchalant & flippant response to CRP R4's ISO fiasco). Doesn't mean I wanna support them.

I'm rescinding my interest and won't buy this in DCX. glwic.
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 December 2023, 18:19:40 by aicyborg »

Offline balance

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 29 December 2023, 18:30:23 »
I am a little pissed off that the removal of Nordeuk is something you tried to quietly sneak past off unnoticed. Like, yeah, I get that Drop.com doesn't care about ISO users (especially given their nonchalant & flippant response to CRP R4's ISO fiasco). Doesn't mean I wanna support them.

I'm rescinding my interest and won't buy this in DCX. glwic.
Hello, I understand your concern but I have talked with drop about adding a Nordeuk kit and I am still waiting for a final response from them. This kit was asked by other vendors, customers and I hope they will take this into consideration. The kits posted here are the approved ones but there is a chance that other kits will appear also :thumb:

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #67 on: Sat, 30 December 2023, 01:56:09 »
If that happens I believe it will be the first DCX set with nordeuk?

I really hope that happens, but I'm not holding my breath. They might be considering molds for it now since Pixel Platoon also wants it probably?
Let the Holy Handgrenades rain.
Hammering on an old Happy Hacking Pro 2. Still going strong!

Offline Akele

« Reply #68 on: Sat, 30 December 2023, 05:34:24 »
If that happens I believe it will be the first DCX set with nordeuk?

I really hope that happens, but I'm not holding my breath. They might be considering molds for it now since Pixel Platoon also wants it probably?

It'd be great to see Drop finally offer NorDEUK kits on their DCX sets. Fingers crossed this happens, otherwise DCX Bim will unfortunately have to be a pass from me too.

Online Deru

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 30 December 2023, 10:05:56 »
Personally not a fan of DCX, would have much preferred Keykobo as an alternative if you were pivoting out of GMK. This is a major deal breaker for me unfortunately.

Offline vasteron

« Reply #70 on: Sat, 30 December 2023, 13:01:53 »
Created account just for this, love the colorway and I'm excited for the DCX change. Coming from GMK I have been using DCX Garnet, DCX Camillo and DCX Hyperfuse and couldn't be happier. Quick leadtime, affordable, keys/packaging feel premium and Drop return policy is among the best in the business in my experience shopping with them (also they aren't scammers which is commendable nowadays, I lost more than £300 to another vendor). Will definitely be grabbing this with or without Norde, the standard ISO present on DCX base kit is enough for me. Also worth mentioning that to me Keykobo isn't worth it in my opinion, KKB Sea of Clouds was a let down (my set came with wonky legends, keys feel lightweight and cheap) and both Keykobo and GMK aren't doubleshot ABS they're actually insert molded. DCX, MT3 and DMK are true doubleshot, seen on the keys below:

DCX Camillo - true doubleshot overmolding (DMK also looks like this):

KKB Sea of Clouds - notice the legend part is fused together with the key shape, feels cheap (same as GMK):

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #71 on: Sat, 30 December 2023, 20:12:57 »
Created account just for this, love the colorway and I'm excited for the DCX change. Coming from GMK I have been using DCX Garnet, DCX Camillo and DCX Hyperfuse and couldn't be happier. Quick leadtime, affordable, keys/packaging feel premium and Drop return policy is among the best in the business in my experience shopping with them (also they aren't scammers which is commendable nowadays, I lost more than £300 to another vendor). Will definitely be grabbing this with or without Norde, the standard ISO present on DCX base kit is enough for me. Also worth mentioning that to me Keykobo isn't worth it in my opinion, KKB Sea of Clouds was a let down (my set came with wonky legends, keys feel lightweight and cheap) and both Keykobo and GMK aren't doubleshot ABS they're actually insert molded. DCX, MT3 and DMK are true doubleshot, seen on the keys below:

DCX Camillo - true doubleshot overmolding (DMK also looks like this):
Show Image

KKB Sea of Clouds - notice the legend part is fused together with the key shape, feels cheap (same as GMK):
Show Image

this means aifei doubleshots are better quality too! love the fire you're spitting gonna parrot this all around town

Offline vasteron

« Reply #72 on: Sat, 30 December 2023, 21:34:01 »
I just made an observation about terminlogy that I see being thrown around erroneously in these forums and YouTube videos as a recently graduated thermoplastics engineer bachelor but that's beside the point. Never tried aifei so I can't comment on those but to me DCX > GMK. Like I said I look forward to BIM colors/novelties and am excited for it being launched on DCX, which is truly doubleshot overmolded and feels very premium.

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #73 on: Sun, 31 December 2023, 15:36:20 »
I just made an observation about terminlogy that I see being thrown around erroneously in these forums and YouTube videos as a recently graduated thermoplastics engineer bachelor but that's beside the point. Never tried aifei so I can't comment on those but to me DCX > GMK. Like I said I look forward to BIM colors/novelties and am excited for it being launched on DCX, which is truly doubleshot overmolded and feels very premium.

While I agree DCX is a true high quality ABS keycap option, I wouldn't go as far as saying it's better than GMK or KKB. I get what you are saying about DCX & DMK being true doubleshot, while GMK, KKB, & DCS for that matter are insert molded. Although as someone who has owned both types of keycaps & used both types over extended periods I do not feel the true doubleshot caps being of higher quality than insert molded caps. You can split hairs about the sound of them, but feel wise they are both very comparable to each other IME. I'd go as far as saying 99% of people wouldn't be able to tell the difference in a blind test. I think legend quality & warping of the keys are the parameters I would use to decide who has the highest quality ABS keycaps. Being true doubleshot or insert molded would not make any difference for me TBH.

Offline vasteron

« Reply #74 on: Sun, 31 December 2023, 16:14:37 »
I don't base my preference for DCX solely on the fact that it is truly doubleshot whilist KKB/GMK is insert molded, that's just minutiae. I prefer DCX because on a side by side comparison against GMK/KKB: price, packaging, leadtime, legend quality, straight keys, return policy, DCX was superior to GMK/KKB in all of these criteria in my personal experience. If OP offered GMK BIM, DCX BIM and KKB BIM sets I would take DCX hands down because that's my preference.

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 01 January 2024, 00:26:49 »
I don't base my preference for DCX solely on the fact that it is truly doubleshot whilist KKB/GMK is insert molded, that's just minutiae. I prefer DCX because on a side by side comparison against GMK/KKB: price, packaging, leadtime, legend quality, straight keys, return policy, DCX was superior to GMK/KKB in all of these criteria in my personal experience. If OP offered GMK BIM, DCX BIM and KKB BIM sets I would take DCX hands down because that's my preference.

From what I've seen, legend quality was pretty bad when it came to DCX, especially the modifiers (which to be fair they have gone and fixed the worst aspects, like the kerning on the shift keys but compared to KKB and GMK it's still worse) on top of that the second shot on DCX is far less saturated than the ones on gmk, which makes it look far cheaper.

I can't say anything about the physical quality of the caps, except that they do look good (no aussies really have dcx cause shipping here is really bad)

I also don't trust drop as a company, heard a lot of awful things from pretty greedy practices and treatment of collaborators (rama refused to work with them that's how bad it was) to shoddy qc and customer support which is enough to make me avoid them completely as well.

From what I've seen, KKB is probably the better option, which short lead times for a preorder product, better pricing than gmk and better qc, though I would still get gmk over KKB, especially because there are usually aus proxies for those sets like daily clack, which have been really good when it comes to vendoring.

Also can you show me a pic with the wonky legends?, never seen that issue with KKB before.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 03 January 2024, 01:01:54 »
  • Base Kit
    Entails compatibility for most layouts: 60%,65% 80%, 100%
    Show Image

Those R1 End, PgDn keys need to have the same legend color as the nav cluster keys in order for them to be usable on 1800/CP boards; otherwise, it's going to look garish. So, either make those two keys orange, or add additional R1 Insert, Delete, PgUp, Home keys with yellow legends.

I recommend changing the R4 Delete key to a more generic legend so that it's useful for more users and a wider range of layouts other than just GK64. For example, you're missing a red-legend Fn key on R4 (for 1u Fn on the bottom row). You're also missing an orange-legend Fn key on the same row (for right column setups).
To address both of those issues, I'd change the red R4 Delete to something like Super, and I'd turn the second R4 1u Ctrl into an orange Hyper key, since pretty much no modern keyboards outside of 40s use 2× 1u Ctrl. (Super and Hyper are just examples; you can use any generic-sounding legend that the manu has molds for.)

Speaking of 40s, I don't see the 40% kit anymore, so you can remove the second 1u spacekey from the spacebars kit.

For the sake of consistency, consider either changing the two-line Caps Lock legend on the stepped key to single-line Caps, or the single-line Num legend to two-line Num Lock. Seeing as you also have single-line Print and Scroll, the first option is probably better, if the manu has the mold for it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 January 2024, 13:16:33 by konstantin »

Offline balance

« Reply #77 on: Tue, 09 January 2024, 17:19:10 »
  • Base Kit
    Entails compatibility for most layouts: 60%,65% 80%, 100%
    Show Image

Those R1 End, PgDn keys need to have the same legend color as the nav cluster keys in order for them to be usable on 1800/CP boards; otherwise, it's going to look garish. So, either make those two keys orange, or add additional R1 Insert, Delete, PgUp, Home keys with yellow legends.

I recommend changing the R4 Delete key to a more generic legend so that it's useful for more users and a wider range of layouts other than just GK64. For example, you're missing a red-legend Fn key on R4 (for 1u Fn on the bottom row). You're also missing an orange-legend Fn key on the same row (for right column setups).
To address both of those issues, I'd change the red R4 Delete to something like Super, and I'd turn the second R4 1u Ctrl into an orange Hyper key, since pretty much no modern keyboards outside of 40s use 2× 1u Ctrl. (Super and Hyper are just examples; you can use any generic-sounding legend that the manu has molds for.)

Speaking of 40s, I don't see the 40% kit anymore, so you can remove the second 1u spacekey from the spacebars kit.

For the sake of consistency, consider either changing the two-line Caps Lock legend on the stepped key to single-line Caps, or the single-line Num legend to two-line Num Lock. Seeing as you also have single-line Print and Scroll, the first option is probably better, if the manu has the mold for it.
Hello konstantin, thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately, I can't make any changes to the kitting as these kits are made according to DCX requirements.

Offline shansoft

Re: [IC] GMK CYL Bim | A new friend
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 10 January 2024, 17:53:51 »

Also, the 1.5u issue isn't that widespread. It's confirmed to have affected two sets so far and that's all. Two.

are you living under a rock or what? 21 sets reported with pictures so far

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/156he48/attention_new_issue_with_gmk_keycaps_know_before/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=usertext&utm_name=MechanicalKeyboards&utm_content=t1_jti3ryi

Wow I didn't know this was an issue..... I have a GMK Shoko R1 sets that have exactly the same problem, which I thought its the way how my plate fits the switch.......

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
Re: [IC] GMK CYL Bim | A new friend
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 10 January 2024, 18:18:17 »

Also, the 1.5u issue isn't that widespread. It's confirmed to have affected two sets so far and that's all. Two.

are you living under a rock or what? 21 sets reported with pictures so far

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/156he48/attention_new_issue_with_gmk_keycaps_know_before/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=usertext&utm_name=MechanicalKeyboards&utm_content=t1_jti3ryi

Wow I didn't know this was an issue..... I have a GMK Shoko R1 sets that have exactly the same problem, which I thought its the way how my plate fits the switch.......
To be fair it is most likely the way your plate holds the switches. This issue is a fairly new one with GMK & Shoko R1 was run quite some time ago. Also I've never heard anybody complain about crooked 1.5u mods from Shoko Rd.1.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 10 January 2024, 21:07:08 »
Hello konstantin, thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately, I can't make any changes to the kitting as these kits are made according to DCX requirements.

I figured that might be an issue. Are you sure you can't at least change the top row End, PgDn keys' legend color from yellow to orange? It might have to do with Drop's injection molding process, but looking at other DCX sets, it should be doable.

Offline Randalljai

« Reply #81 on: Sun, 14 January 2024, 17:52:59 »
Is this still happening?

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #82 on: Thu, 18 January 2024, 03:53:15 »
DCX is a pretty bad drop in quality but I think the set would still come out nicely. new Solarized dark came out nicer than expected (even if they can't even imagine that set needs a mono mod kit)

congrats for finally gutting nordeuk

Offline Akele

« Reply #83 on: Thu, 18 January 2024, 16:03:32 »

Yes, heavens forbid this keyset caters to the Europeans and their terrible non-American keys. What a lucky escape.

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 23 January 2024, 09:56:12 »

Yes, heavens forbid this keyset caters to the Europeans and their terrible non-American keys. What a lucky escape.
"europeans" my ass. these kits barely support a minority of 3-4 languages, where's the support for the missing 20 or so?

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #85 on: Tue, 23 January 2024, 20:33:08 »

"europeans" my ass. these kits barely support a minority of 3-4 languages, where's the support for the missing 20 or so?
Show Image

Why is your whole intent over like five concurrent threads a grand brigade against any sort of international support because "it doens't support all ISOs so it shouldn't support any"?

For the record I'm past expecting DCX to bother with Nordeuk but your multi-thread "takedown" (attempt) is very silly here.

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 24 January 2024, 00:02:23 »
"Very silly" is putting it mildly.

And I am a european. Just because I wasn't born in every european country at once doesn't make me less european. And we didn't decide what goes in the standard kit that everyone calls "international" even though it's NorDeUK. I don't call it "international". It's not our fault this kit sometimes gets bought in enough quantity to make it feasible while other i18n sets don't.
Let the Holy Handgrenades rain.
Hammering on an old Happy Hacking Pro 2. Still going strong!

Offline balance

« Reply #87 on: Sat, 03 February 2024, 10:42:25 »

Offline balance

« Reply #88 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 14:50:13 »
Software Update 1.3 - "Code Convergence"
Some small but important fixes. Also, in the next couple of days, I will announce the month when the sale will start. Stay tuned.

Base Kit
-Changed some legends for requested keys.

Novelties Kit
-Added a new r1 novelty and changed some icons to match DCX requirements

Extensions Kit
- Added the pink accent.

Offline baconspoon

« Reply #89 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 16:47:37 »
RIP 40s support. I guess one less set to consider.

« Reply #90 on: Tue, 09 April 2024, 02:20:29 »
Stoked to see this set happen

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk