Author Topic: Custom Keyboard for FPS - Help!  (Read 4976 times)

Offline Chess Gator

Custom Keyboard for FPS - Help!
« on: Tue, 06 December 2022, 06:31:12 »
Hello fellows,

I have been playing FPS since COD and BF came out many years ago.  I have used several different keyboards, but never a custom made one.

Would you please get me started by recommending the components I would require to build a premium custom keyboard that a professional FPS player would use.

However, if you want to recommend a pre-made one that is fine too :)

Thank you in advance,

CG :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 December 2022, 07:17:20 by Chess Gator »

Offline PlayBox

Re: Custom Keyboard for FPS - Help!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 15 December 2022, 15:53:46 »
any keyboard would work basically the same for everyone for gaming
propably sent from my amazon kindle 10th gen

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 16 December 2022, 07:29:51 »
A true professional who has to travel to play would probably want an off the shelf board using standard layout and switches so if theirs got lost by the airline it could be easily replaced.

As PlayBox said any modern mechanical keyboard is going to work just as well for gaming, it's more about choosing switches that work for your fingers and we can't really help with that :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline aloneYU

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 06 January 2023, 14:14:42 »
I am playing csgo.
I chose the MX red in 2021,I get a A+ in 5E(A E-sports platform in China)
now I am using a keyboard switch named Quicksilver.(Only sell in China)I get S+(S+ is equal to Faceit 4000)
so I want to say that switch can help u. Which travel is shorter.

Offline Nerif

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 09 January 2023, 07:43:09 »
I am playing csgo.
now I am using a keyboard switch named Quicksilver.(Only sell in China)I get S+(S+ is equal to Faceit 4000)

Interesting, can you tell me more about this Quicksilver keyboard? There are really interesting keyboards in China which, sadly, can't be bought in other countries as far as I know.
̷C̷M̷ ̷Q̷F̷ ̷X̷T̷ ̷[̷C̷h̷e̷r̷r̷y̷ ̷M̷X̷ ̷B̷l̷u̷e̷ ̷→̷ ̷C̷h̷e̷r̷r̷y̷ ̷M̷X̷ ̷B̷l̷a̷c̷k̷ ̷H̷y̷p̷e̷r̷g̷l̷i̷d̷e̷]̷
Anne Pro 2 [Gateron CAP Brown → Kailh BOX Dark Yellow]

Offline Nerif

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 09 January 2023, 11:34:34 »
I am playing csgo.

Interesting, can you tell me more about this Quicksilver keyboard? There are really interesting keyboards in China which, sadly, can't be bought in other countries as far as I know.

my mistake, didn't read "switch" so I thought "quicksilver" is a keyboard
̷C̷M̷ ̷Q̷F̷ ̷X̷T̷ ̷[̷C̷h̷e̷r̷r̷y̷ ̷M̷X̷ ̷B̷l̷u̷e̷ ̷→̷ ̷C̷h̷e̷r̷r̷y̷ ̷M̷X̷ ̷B̷l̷a̷c̷k̷ ̷H̷y̷p̷e̷r̷g̷l̷i̷d̷e̷]̷

Offline aloneYU

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 09 January 2023, 13:53:01 »
I am playing csgo.

I tell you the story about me.

In 2021,I used the MX red.After that  I bought a Corsair with MX speed sliver. But It's always by mistake.(When I touch the "A" key gently,It was work )

So I bought Quicksilver to change my Corsair.(I change the switches by myself) It's perfect.

Quicksilver is more heavier force than MX speed sliver.So It can never mistake.   Quicksilver is shorter(PT)than MX SS. So I can be more faster. I love it.

Actually TTC is the most famous brand in China. He always know what is the players want. And he used to create new SW by different and new requirement.And he made this awesome!

People in China take intellectual property very seriously at now. Actually Brand in China(K... G... or else) are TTC-cloned. They're bold.Because many patent from TTC is still working.

Do U know how is the Box be created ?
When TTC's boss found out the
  • button can keep the SW clean and can let the keycaps be less shake.He ask a RD to apply for a patent which include the
  • and 田 button.

But the RD thinks the 田 button is useless,so he didn't include about this .
Then the Box was created by K....Then the RD was fired.....

I am not a salesman for TTC. Actually TTC doesn't sell SW in the world. Maybe He doesn't know how to do that? I have no idea about this. hhhhhhh

I just share a story with you.  I really want to konw the story about others brands which is not a China brand.

If U konw something please to tell me. Thanks!!!

Offline aloneYU

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 09 January 2023, 14:01:59 »
I am playing csgo.

In 2021,I used the MX red.After that  I bought a Corsair with MX speed sliver. But It's always by mistake.(When I touch the "A" key gently,It was work )

So I bought Quicksilver to change my Corsair.(I change the switches by myself) It's perfect.

Quicksilver is more heavier force than MX speed sliver.So It can never mistake.   Quicksilver is shorter(PT)than MX SS. So I can be more faster. I love it.

Actually TTC is the most famous brand in China. He always know what is the players want. And he used to create new SW by different and new requirement.And he made this awesome!

People in China take intellectual property very seriously at now. Actually Brand in China(K... G... or else) are TTC-cloned. They're bold.Because many patent from TTC is still working.

• button can keep the SW clean and can let the keycaps be less shake.He ask a RD to apply for a patent which include the
  • and 田 button.

I am not a salesman for TTC. Actually TTC doesn't sell SW in the world. Maybe He doesn't know how to do that? I have no idea about this. hhhhhhh

I just share a story with you.  I really want to konw the story about others brands which is not a China brand.

I don't know why the format is strange.
I want to say "
  • " and "田" button

Offline aloneYU

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 09 January 2023, 14:06:54 »
I am playing csgo.

• and 田 button.

I don't know why the format is strange.
I want to say "
  • " and "田" button
holy s.....
That sign is wrong.I want to appearance the button which is not just a "+".  There have 2 baffle on right and left side.

Offline Nerif

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 09 January 2023, 17:31:11 »
I am playing csgo.

• and 田 button.

wait, but I actually can buy a keyboard with TTC switches. I can buy Iqunix keyboard from aliexpress, for example (At least it could be delivered in my country), or I can just buy TTC switches.

Offline aloneYU

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 09 January 2023, 19:42:31 »
I am playing csgo.

• and 田 button.

wait, but I actually can buy a keyboard with TTC switches. I can buy Iqunix keyboard from aliexpress, for example (At least it could be delivered in my country), or I can just buy TTC switches.

Iqunix  is good.  Their boss is my friend.hhhhh
U can have a try.