Author Topic: Matrix 2.0add small board : please help  (Read 3415 times)

Offline NightFox99

Matrix 2.0add small board : please help
« on: Sat, 31 December 2022, 13:15:28 »
Hello, need collective mind help finding an equivalent to the USB-C small board that connect the PCB to USB-C connector.

This is the broken one : https://imgur.com/a/DQphkQO

It might not the the same shape but above compatible with the Matrix 2.0add PCB.

Thank you very much.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Matrix 2.0add small board : please help
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 01 January 2023, 05:37:24 »
How much space do you have?  You could cut down a break out board and drill mounting holes then solder through hole resistors and capacitors as the wires between the break out and the socket (assuming you can get it off - looks to be surface mount and only 4 contacts so should be possible...)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 01 January 2023, 07:22:25 »
How much space do you have?  You could cut down a break out board and drill mounting holes then solder through hole resistors and capacitors as the wires between the break out and the socket (assuming you can get it off - looks to be surface mount and only 4 contacts so should be possible...)

Hey, thank you for the reply, actually I got a small amount of space and the shape of the daughter board is very peculiar as you can see it on Picture 1 (it should fit exactly int the inner weight) :

https://imgur.com/a/bqAj7lX

On Pictures 2 and 3 you can see a daughterboard that a guy is selling on Discord. Do you thing it's electronically compatible ?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 01 January 2023, 09:37:36 »
It's just passing the USB wires through with a bit of protection.  3 resistors and 1 capacitor - I can't see the traces on the black PCB or which way up the connector goes on either so can't be sure but if the pinout is right it will work. 
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 01 January 2023, 11:04:48 »
It's just passing the USB wires through with a bit of protection.  3 resistors and 1 capacitor - I can't see the traces on the black PCB or which way up the connector goes on either so can't be sure but if the pinout is right it will work.

Made some more detailed photos : https://imgur.com/a/a1fwbZr

The connector seems to be on the right side.

Universal daugtherboard C3 is not compatible.

Sorry, I guess it should be some basic stuff but since I'm noob in electronics it seems not obvious to me. The black connector has indeed 3 resistors and one capacitor (R1, R2, R3 and C1).

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 01 January 2023, 11:48:10 »
Those pictures are the same - the white connector is facing away from the camera so I can't see which side the notch is cut to match the plug on the cable.  There's a lot of flux on the black one making the traces hard to see too. The numbers of resistors and capacitors are only related to the component location, not their specification.  The numbers written on the chips are the specification.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 01 January 2023, 12:19:21 »
Those pictures are the same - the white connector is facing away from the camera so I can't see which side the notch is cut to match the plug on the cable.  There's a lot of flux on the black one making the traces hard to see too. The numbers of resistors and capacitors are only related to the component location, not their specification.  The numbers written on the chips are the specification.

Got it, thank you. Hope these pictures are better : https://imgur.com/a/KbdaCiA

Numbers are :
on R1 - 512 ;
on R2 - 512 ;
on C1 - no visible number ;
on R3 - 331.

These number are the same on the red daughterboard.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 01 January 2023, 15:24:43 »
Still can't see which way the connector fits on the red one but it's close enough to say buy it and take a pic - if you have to move the wires in the plug it's not the end of the world.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 02 January 2023, 15:12:44 »
Still can't see which way the connector fits on the red one but it's close enough to say buy it and take a pic - if you have to move the wires in the plug it's not the end of the world.

Thank you ! Gonna give it a try then

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 05 January 2023, 14:36:36 »

Hey, what do you think about this https://geon.works/products/fly-daughter-board?variant=43068870328483 ?

That might fit, no ?